(Close Window)
Topic: Red Button by Laurent Mikelfield
Arteco Productions is proud to present exclusively the first creation of Laurent Mikelfield: Red Button.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unly5RJgSd4

More information on our website:
http://www.artecoproductions.com/red-button-gimmick--dvd-by-laurent-mikelfield.html

Comments or questions are welcome !
HOLY CRAP!! That looks awesome!!!
I double that HOLY CRAP! Nice.
Looks like a variation of the infamous Malini effect.
Looks great. Francis Menotti does something similar with buttons that I saw in his show a while ago. Both great effects.
Thanks, Seth, for mentioning this to me. Does look nice, and similar but different. I teach "Button Button" in my lecture as an example of taking an old effect and personalizing it or taking it in a different direction. Mine is much more focused on the rest of the effect of vanishing and appearing buttons on the table. The reappearance of the button on my shirt at the end is not a "visual" reappearance but more of a misdirection based appearance that exists just to tie the overall presentation together. The two effects (The Red Button and Button Button) might actually work well together, with some modifications.

Cheers,
-fjm-
Hi Francis,

Do you have a demo video of the effect you perform with the buttons ? That sounds interesting too !

Sincerely,
Arteco.
The trick looks incredibly good but what struck me more was that knife. I can imagine the conversation with the police man now. "I'm on my way to a magic gig, honest" ;)
Hahaha ! I think the trick does not come with the knife :)
Hi, Arteco-

I did recently shoot some footage of the performance of Button Button and can send it to you, if you like.
Message: Posted by: Stephane Jardonnet (May 12, 2011 02:26AM)
Do you have it on youtube ? I would be interested to see it too !
Hi Francis,

Were you able to get some footage of Button Button ? Feel free to PM it to us, or post it on this thread.

Sincerely,
Arteco.
Hi, Stephane and Arteco-

My apologies for the delay; I haven't been on the Café in a loooong time, so I am just now seeing your requests. I'll PM you a private link for the performance. I don't really share it much outside the lecture because it is a little out of context, but because of the relevance to Red Button, I'm happy to send it along. (It is a short studio shot I did right after a show I had in Delaware. So I may be a little sleepy in performance, but you'll get the idea. :)

Take care,
-francis-
This looks like a really nice, visual piece of magic. Am I missing something? I thought this would have had more posts.
I see that the ad says very esay to perform. Anyone do this? I can't imagine there is no sleight of hand?
That looks cool.
How's the angle of this one? Anyone?
I have performed this seated at a dinner table with people in front and at both sides of me and no one caught anything. The flash pretty much covers everything. Its easy to do. The method is clever, and in all, it's a great effect.
There is a bit of prep work to be done before the effect can be performed. However it's a one time deal and then you're good to go.
Beautifully deceptive routining!

You could start out with Warning by Kostya Kimlat,giving a spec the lighter to examine and at the point they finish reacting to that, ask them to hold onto it as you go into this routine and at the point the button is wrapped,take the lighter back and finish the routine.

Best wishes,
Steve
Very nice.
Is it a free choice of button or is it only the red button that ends on the shirt? If any button chosen appears sewn to the shirt I'll certainly buy.
It could be a 'free' choice but it is only the red button that ends up on the shirt.
This looks sick! May have to dig in me piggy bank after seeing this one. :)

Paul
This looks amazing!

Do you need to wear a black shirt for this and can reset be done while walking to the next table?

Also, do you need a knife? Or can the button be apparantly be puuled off instwad?

AP.
Anyone get this yet? I'm so tempted! lol

Only problem I don't really wear button down shirts other then at work. This means more money to spend buying shirts. :(

Paul
I wear button downs all the time....this is very tempting.
Hmm. I almost clicked the add to cart, but the thought... this looks good on video (straight on) will specs not see the red button before the "moment"? If not, I have a great idea of how to accomplish this and looks like buying would save me R&D for my own version.

Nice work
A miracle as performed by Malini, transformed in a cute little trick.
[quote]
On 2011-03-08 09:33, Paul S Wingham wrote:
The trick looks incredibly good but what struck me more was that knife. I can imagine the conversation with the police man now. "I'm on my way to a magic gig, honest" ;)
[/quote]

Why would you need to explain that to them?
Trying to remember what the Malini effect was.

Effect looks good. Doesn't look like here would be any angle problems. I imagine that the button colour is not a truly free choice, though you could probably set it to be another colour other than red.
Edit.
[quote]
On 2011-09-16 14:59, gdw wrote:
Trying to remember what the Malini effect was.

Effect looks good. Doesn't look like here would be any angle problems. I imagine that the button colour is not a truly free choice, though you could probably set it to be another colour other than red.
[/quote]

Malini ripped a button off of a spectator's shirt and restored it back onto the shirt. It's a brilliant effect. Tim Conover, one of the world's greatest magicians, who sadly is no longer with us, used to perform it and fried spectators. RIP Tim.
Sounds fantastic. Sometimes I almost wish I lived in times past just to see some of these things.
Does anyone own this effect? I am thinking about buying it, but am concerend with some possible restrictions. Can somone PM me so I can ask some questions about the versitility of the gimmick. I don't want to know how the trick is accomplished, I don't want to spend 40 dollars on aomething that I may not be able to use.
FYI: Red Button is now avbailable from Fun Inc, therefore, should be available by a wider range of magic shops worldwide.
I would love to hear more about this from folks using it.
WOW is all I can say.
Is anyone actually using this?

I found one completely useless video review & would like to know if anyone can post a review please.

Thanks,
Mike
I bet you need to have care with the angles
I am also interested in hearing more about this from guys who are using it! :)
I have this and love it. It gets great re actions. No angles to worry about. You do have to set this up on your shirt and if you want to use a different shirt you will need to set it up again. But once you set this up you can perform it all day. Like 5 sec reset. The red button looks killer on a black shirt. The only thing you have to be careful about is the flash paper. To close to the face can hurt a little if you know what I mean. But you don't need to use flash paper if you don't want to.
Can you do it with a white or light blue shirt or has it to be black?
Thanks in advance.
You can do this with any color shirt. Just to me the black shirt with the red button looks really cool.
I love this effect: is very visual, strong and very magical in the point view of the audience because cause great reactions on themes!

Falconer
Reviews? anything more than one word awesomeness.....
Funny I havent read that yet on this forum ( awesomeness )
I don't know why there aren't better reviews, so here goes mine:

I have this effect. Before purchasing it, I was trying to figure out how I might do the effect and came up with a few ideas. After receiving it, I see that the method that Laurent uses is SO much better than what I was envisioning.

It is really a great effect. It ends with the red button sewn onto your shirts. The handling of the red button in the flash paper is superb! The handling is very easy and works flawlessly!

I don't think it is particularly sensitive to angles. While it is possible for someone at the wrong angle to see something, it would be VERY difficult for someone to see anything, or to put it another way, I think it would be very easy to ensure that no one sees anything they shouldn't.

The red button appears on the shirt during the performance, so it is not there to see until you are ready for it to be seen.

Also, it can be reset in seconds, so it would be perfect for walk-around.

This is really a great effect and I highly recommend it.

KJ

PS. It is my understanding that the effect is being re-released because the DVD works on a computer, but on a regular DVD player. I have one of the ones that doesn't work on a DVD player, but I have only played it on a computer and it works fine.
Are these gimmicks available for purchase independently of the DVD anyplace? How I go about putting this in more than one shirt?
Are these gimmicks available for purchase independently of the DVD anyplace? How I go about putting this in more than one shirt?