(Close Window)
Topic: Being loved comes with responsibilities
My wife is constantly giving me web addresses for me to regester with so that we can qualify for valuable gifts. I reluctantly regester, and for months I find myself unsubscribing to the deluge of junk email this valuable gift offer generates, and they send me every day, and every night. This is a vicious cycly that I can not avoid, and venting here helps me to cope.
Well, on the good side it shows that you really love your wife. ;)
I think your doing the right thing Al.
It's a heck of a lot easier to do these little things like this for your wife and keep her happy.
It's much better than finding yourself sleeping on the couch, and who knows, maybe one of these days you'll actually end up with a free valuable gift !
Bob.
Bob
It was a valuable lesson that I learned from my first marrage. The thing that we love the most about each other is that she is nothing like my first wife, and I'm nothing like her first husband. LOL
Tell her you registered but don't.
I've been happily with the same woman for over 30 years (31 in June) and a HUGE part of our happiness is based on mutual respect and honesty! I don't ask her to do things she doesn't want to nor does she ask me and we're both honest enough with each other to know what each other wants or likes!

My first marriage was based on control and manipulation and it lasted 2 years! It would have lasted longer but I refused to be a phony!

MMc
She's not really a wife so rules don't apply. Look at my life...my wife has memory loss due to her cardiac arrest (lack of proper oxygenation). I have the same discussion with her four or five times a day when she is mad, for ten years now!
Not really a wife, how so?
Use a separate e-mail address for these sort of things. Let it collect all of the spam it wants.
Problem solved.
G
Micky
Santa was talking about me because we never bothered to get married, but after 23 of living together I call her my wife. It cost me my life savings to get rid of my first wife, and it was worth it.
Al.

Dunno about PA but in Cali I believe it only takes 7 years of cohabitation to be considered a "Common Law" marriage! Then again in Cali, if ya swap spit more than 3 times with passion SHE gets HALF of everything ya own when ya split! ;)

MMc
I don't believe California has common law marriage, use to not. My buddy in San Francisco just married his girlfriend after 30 years of living with her. Now she is his wife, before she wasn't.
Mickey
There is no common law marrage in Pennsylvania, but as a guest in her house, and I have to regester to junk email web sites to make her a happy girl.
Al,
Pennsylvania does recognize common law marriage (along with 15 others). However, nowhere is there a time limit (that seven year deal is an urban myth) and as to anyone who wants a common law marriage--both parties have to publicly state and agree that they are married.
Al said it, he's thus married and now owes her half of...of....well, I guess it doesn't matter.
http://www.unmarried.org/common-law-marriage-fact-sheet.html

Pennsylvania: A common-law marriage was established if, before 1/1/2005, a man and woman exchanged words that indicated that they intended to be married at the present time and they also held themselves out to the community as married (introducing eachother as husband and wife, filing joint taxes, etc.).
Whit
I understand what the law says, but this stubborn woman doesn't want to (exchange words) marry me. She tells everybody that she tried marrage once, and it didn't work. I keep telling our friends that she is still accepting reumes, and holding out for a better offer. LOL
Sorry, you held yourself out as married and simply refering to yourselves as married is enough thus you ARE married in the eyes of the state of Pennsylvania. Congrats. All the LOL's in the world cannot change the law. In Florida all you have to do is stand up and say "I marry you" in front of an official and you are married, that is how ol' Ted Bundy got married during his murder trial.