(Close Window)
Topic: School for Scoundrels - Three Shell Game Vol 3 ?
Hi!
In the SfS "Three Shell Game DVD Vol 2" Whit Haydn said that there will be a third Three Shell Game DVD. Any news about that one?
I just salivated on my keyboard.
There was also an older post here at the Café about a third DVD. I remember that Whit Haydn mentioned it there also.

By the way: You can throw a clotty keyboard into the dustbin! ;)
You'll find the post here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=305461&forum=111
Any news on the vol 3 ?????
Still salivating over here.
Still working on the research. It will be mostly about hooks and come-ons.
Great! Thanks for the information!
WE ARE WAITING!
This is great! Please let us know when this come out.

Greg
Hey Pop, hows that 3rd dvd coming along? We are waiting
I posted in the thread below this inquiring about his third volume. I didn't know there was already a post regarding it.

Any news on this third installment?

Matthew
It will be done when I get to it. I have a lot of projects going now, and this one is way down on the list. Our huge Three-Card Monte book is posted online for free, now, by pirates in England, Canada and Italy, as are our Doc Jon and other DVDs.

We have just now, four years later, published our second Pitchman DVD. It will be the last.

There just isn't enough money to be made by making compilation, historical and encyclopedia type DVDs. We are going to be making mostly one trick or one move DVDs and downloadable videos.

Theft has made it so that we can no longer recover the expense of making a video like our Three-Card Monte DVD with three-camera shoot and all of that. We will only be doing short videos that can pay for themselves quickly.
[quote]Theft has made it so that we can no longer recover the expense of making a video like our Three-Card Monte DVD with three-camera shoot and all of that. [/quote]

That, not to put too fine a point on it, sucks.
Pop, what about crowd funding?
Don't think it matters much. I wouldn't want to invest in the project only to see it stolen and given away for free later.
We will do it. It is just that it is on a back burner. The shell game is just a small niche in a small niche market. We have to focus on videos that actually make money.