(Close Window)
Topic: Prayer request
I will probably get in a little hot water for this, but I have to follow what I believe the Lord wants me to do. So here goes...

At our monthly local FCM meeting, Bro. David confided in me that he had been seeing a doctor, and they have found something of concern and ordered further testing. Without divulging details I am asking that you remember Bro. David in your prayers. He is prepared for what ever the out come and is only seeking Godís will.

Please pray accordingly.
Our prayers will be with him.
I believe Brother Shadow that, you made the right call. May the Creator Bless his efforts and his family.

Prayer always works!~r2
Bro David, my prayers are with you and your family. I'm sure you believe as I do that God has a purpose and a reason for everything. Just trust in him and he will see you through.
BroDavid, my prayers for healing go out to you.
He will be in my prayers too.
Gary
I have not taken to knee in a lllllloooooooonnnnnnggg time. Tonight, I think I shall take to knee and pray once more for Brother Dave.

:angelbear:
Oh Man! You just can't trust that Shadow guy...;)

Seriously Shadow, thanks for listening to the Lord, rather than me. I can't fault your heart on that in any way.

And many thanks to all of you who have so graciously taken time to raise me up in Prayer.

Tests this coming week, including another Cat Scan, and a biopsy will give us all some definition to the situation. Until then, there isn't much to say or do, except pray. And when you come down to it, even if there are a million other things to do, none of them are more important than prayer.

But as I told my wife when she asked me why I did not seem worried; I will not be worried, unless we suddenly conclude that God is NOT in charge. THEN, I will be very worried. But more for the World than for myself.

As for me, I know that God is still in charge. And that is all I need to know. So, day by day, whatever He decides, it's OK with me, I just pray that He is Glorified through it all.

Thanks again friends. I really appreciate your prayers.

God Bless,

BroDavid
Message: Posted by: Graymatter_Fireworks (Aug 10, 2003 10:11AM)
BroDavid,
I'll be praying for as well. May the Lord bless you with healing, love and mercy. -Brandon
BroDavid,
Thanks for your post and letting us know a little of what's going on in your life. My family will be praying for you and yours...together we can rest assured that God's in charge and His will will be done.

Steven
"I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; From where shall my help come? My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalms 121:1-2)

May our Lord bless you and keep you, BroDavid. I will pray for you.
Allan, you selected my favorite verse!

The first sermon I ever preached was based on Psalms 121

That was truly an inspiration! As are all of the prayers!

My sincerest thanks to all of you.

BroDavid
BroDavid,

Sorry for getting into this at this late date. My prayers will include you and your family.

Andrew
I went for the biopsy today. The plan was for a cat scan to locate the suspect tissue in my right lung, and use that information to target the needle biopsy. The possible complications, included a collapsed lung, and a variety of potential infections, and after all of that, the biopsy might be inconclusive. Oh joy, what fun....

So I was prepped with a IV port inserted into my arm, a blood pressure cuff, and an oxygen level sensor.

The CAT scan was taken, and I waited about 30 minutes for the Doctor to show up and I had to continue to lay in the same position as in the CAT scan. As I laid there I continued to thank God for all His goodness, and prayed again that no matter what my diagnosis, that He be glorified!

The Doctor came in, introduced himself, and said; We won't be doing a biopsy today. The tissue has changed dramatically, all those antibiotics apparently are working. (I thought; right.......when my pneumonia was diagnosed, I got 9 days of antibiotics, and those ran out almost three weeks ago..) But anyway, they said they didn't want to risk the complications of a biopsy right now, because it looks like my lung is healing. And I should probably get another Cat Scan in a couple of weeks, and go from there..

I looked at the Cat Scan Image, and what had been several inches of suspect tissue extending to the wall of my lung with a silver dollar sized suspect "core" was now not even touching the lung wall, was about 1/3 the previous size, and the suspect core was now only about a dime size.

But I know; It wasn't the antibiotics, but it was the hand of the Great Healer! My wife and I rushed out of there. I was so happy that I almost couldn't contain it. And I needed to shout! When we got home, we sat down and began to pray, and I began to cry huge tears of joy and wonder that our Great God would hear our prayers and answer them! I was reminded of what Job said; Who is man, that God is mindful of him?

We do have an awesome healing God! He is Worthy, and Worthy to be Praised! Not just for what He does, but for who He is!

I am not surprised, because I knew He could. But I am constantly amazed about our God who can do exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond, all that we could wish and hope for. I knew He could heal me. He might have chosen to do it here, or in Heaven! And either way was fine with me. Praise God. But He has chosen to heal me here. Praise God!

Thanks to all who helped lift me up in prayer. I take prayer very seriously. And I appreciate the honor of having my name lifted to God on your hearts and voices!

May God Bless each of you, even more than He has Blessed me. And Believe me! HE HAS BLESSED ME A LOT! And not just today, but for all the days of my Salvation, He has Blessed me. And I pray His Blessings on each of you.

BroDavid
Praise God .

Thank you for the update. I am delighted for you.

D
Great news BroDavid!

God is WORTHY or our praise!

Thank you Lord Jesus Christ!!
Hallelujah! What a mighty God we serve!
Great report, God is so faithful! I told you he did not save you just to take you home, he has many wonderful things he wants to do through you. I praise him and thank him that I will be around to see the great works he will be do through you.

Praise God
Thank you Jesus
That is awesome to hear! Please keep us posted and we'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
We Praise God BroDavid, and thank Him for the Blessings He has given to you, and the Blessings he has given to us through you. Pressed down shaken together running over...
Godspeed
Steve
Bro. David, tears fill my eyes as I read your post. God can do miracles if we have the collective faith to endure!

You are proof of that!

Amen!
Hallelujah!! What an AWESOME God we serve! May God continue to bless you BroDavid and may this be a time of renewal and refreshing for your continued work in His name.
I got to this thread pretty late but I'm glad the outcome has been good so far. I hope and pray the rest of the abnormality clears up on the subsequent CT as well.

However for you and others perhaps in a similar situation, consider asking your physicians about a PET scan. PET or positron emission tomography is a relatively new clinical tool that is approved to evaluate lung nodules for the presence of malignancy. Lots of people have lung nodules that aren't cancerous, particularly in the Ohio River Valley area and the San Joaquin River Valley area.

As noted above, there is some, generally low, risk of lung collapse, infection, pain, etc. with a biopsy. The PET scan just involves an IV injection. It can usually tell if a nodule is benign or malignant if the nodule is at LEAST 7 millimeters in size or greater. No uptake of the agent, FDG, on PET scan is very reassuring while positive uptake indicates the need for the biopsy. However in many cases of very large masses it is better, faster and cheaper to go straight to biopsy. As always these things should be discussed with your doctor as he/she will know the most about you and your situation.

For what it's worth...

Again, best wishes and prayers for continued recovery!
Cordially,
tr
:cool:
Thanks again to all! Especially to God!.

I take this as a serious wake up call.

When the uncertainly of my continued existence was foremost in my mind, I was honestly summing up all of the things started but not yet finished, and frankly I was saddened by how many there were.

I prayed to God, thanking Him for the priveledge of being involved in those things, but asking forgiveness for what I could have done, but had not yet gotten around to doing.

But then, when the biopsy was cancelled because the target was so diminished, and the immediate threat of major surgery or chemotherapy, or radiation had also diminished, I again thanked God for the opportunity to be involved in these things, and now for truly understanding that tomorrow is promised to no man. And that all we have for sure is today. (And that isn't only true for you, but everyone else as well)

So I have a new sense of urgency about Evangelism. No one gets by me now, without hearing of what God has done in my life, and what He has done to assure me Eternal Salvation! And nobody will walk away without at least hearing how he or she can have the same things.

My wife is actually bit amused too, becuase this sense of urgency extends to a lot of other areas of my life too. I am fixing little things here and there, that have been on my "list" for years... And she loves it, as she smiles and understands how I feel.

I really feel as though I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death, and I did not fear! But I also am not going to hang out in that valley any longer than I needed to! ;)

God has allowed me to have the wonderful gift of this wake up call. And I will not waste it!

BroDavid
This is so awesome and to think that a little magic website could be the place for you to share your trial and eventual victory at. Your renewed sense of urgency will hopefully be contagious.

GlenD
This is exactly what I needed to read right now.

THANK YOU LORD!!
I'm so thankful for your healing. The day of miracles has not passed!
Coldthorn
Sorry Bro. David, another late-dater here, but you are in my prayers too. Ed. :)

Well I just read above about the miracle, Praise be to the Lord. :)