(Close Window)
Topic: "Machurian Approach" or "Trilby Connection"
Message: Posted by: OTTOEMEZZO (Mar 27, 2011 05:56PM)
Which one of these would be more beneficial to someone who is new to hypnosis? I'm looking for the best way to learn and heard that these are good learning sources, but can only afford one of these at the moment.
Message: Posted by: James Harrison (Mar 27, 2011 08:30PM)
I haven't seen The Trilby Connection.

I do have the Manchurian Approach, and I can recommend getting that one. I didn't know anything about hypnosis, but this helped me perform inductions at the club I worked last summer.

I am looking forward to checking out Trilby though.

But Manchurian helped me.
Message: Posted by: Lou Hilario (Mar 28, 2011 01:15AM)
There are several dvds on the headhacker.com site.
1. Change/Phenomena 2010 DVD Set
2. The Trilby Connection DVD
3. Reality is Plastic DVD
4. The Manchurian Approach DVD
I am also eager to get the dvds but I don't know if I should get one or all of them at the same time to save on shipping costs. What would you guys think? Are they all worth it? Any advice?
Message: Posted by: Zerububle (Mar 28, 2011 01:36AM)
Assuming you have prior knowledge of hypnosis get change phenomena. It was an amazing day and the J rassmussen lecture is worththe price of the set.
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (Mar 28, 2011 04:12AM)
Since you're looking for the "best way" to learn, the best thing you could do is save your money for a few more months and then take an in-person training. The DVDs you mention, along with books such as The Ronning Guide to Modern Stage Hypnosis and The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism by McGill will really add to what you learn during the in-person training.
Message: Posted by: ibraa (Mar 31, 2011 12:09PM)
I own both The Trilby Connection and the Manchurian Approach. Trilby is for about hypnosis, while the Manchurian is a kinda' how to mix magic with hypnosis stuff. Both interesting, but in my opinion The Trilby Connection is way more informative, it's 4 DVD's as I remember so lots of information. I really like the style of Jacquin, funny but still looks serious, he's just amazing. Change Phenomena is a series of lectures from the hypnotism conference, so I think you should definitely start with the Trilby Connection. Covers pretty much the same material what Manchurian and a bit more.
Message: Posted by: MrPrestoHypno (Mar 31, 2011 12:53PM)
I suggest BOTH!
Rick
Message: Posted by: Dr. Eamon (Apr 1, 2011 08:52PM)
[quote]
On 2011-03-31 13:53, MrPrestoHypno wrote:
I suggest BOTH!
Rick
[/quote]

Yeah, lol...
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Apr 2, 2011 09:13AM)
Thanks for the kind words guys. I believe the material is different enough that the products are quite distinct.

Both will give you a practicsl foundation in hypnotic technique. Where they differ is what to various phenomena are used for. Trilby is our non magic impromptu repetoire. Manchu is about using hypnosis for magical effect or method.

We had complete control over Trilby Connection and everything from the box design to the sound edit is top notch. The performances are stronger on Trilby and come from a variety of performers. There are about 110 of the first edition box set left.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Apr 9, 2011 11:12AM)
Thanks for the kind feedback Ibraa. Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: OTTOEMEZZO (Apr 11, 2011 07:59PM)
Thanks everyone. Just placed an order for "Trilby Connection."
Message: Posted by: HypnoDan (Apr 21, 2011 01:09PM)
You made the right decision, Otto. I would also strongly recommend getting Anthony's book Reality is Plastic and the accompanying DVD. There is a bit of overlap between that and Trilby, but you will be stronger for having them both, and there's some really cool stuff in RIP.

Anthony's service and support is nonpareil, as far as I'm concerned. He's answered many questions for me and given some great advice.

What products or training you seek out after these will depend on where you want to go as a hypnotist, but having RIP and Trilby will get you off to a solid (and fun) start.

Dan
Message: Posted by: rpierce (May 1, 2011 10:07PM)
Just got back from Anthony's Headhacking seminar in NYC.....AWESOME. Read my review here;

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=414462&forum=22#0

Machurain Approach will definitely get you going in the right direction. Clearly the best material out there to get you going quickly.
Message: Posted by: Vincent.Lynch (May 6, 2011 07:23AM)
Sometimes in my smoking room I have two tv's playing them both at the same time. Europhia!
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (May 6, 2011 07:49AM)
You need the mirrored octagonal room.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (May 6, 2011 07:59AM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-06 08:23, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Sometimes in my smoking room I have two tv's playing them both at the same time. Europhia!
[/quote]

I dont know whats more priceless, the two TVs or having a smoking room. LOL
Message: Posted by: Vincent.Lynch (May 9, 2011 05:10PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-06 08:59, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-06 08:23, Vincent.Lynch wrote:
Sometimes in my smoking room I have two tv's playing them both at the same time. Europhia!
[/quote]

I dont know whats more priceless, the two TVs or having a smoking room. LOL
[/quote]

A Barclaycard
Message: Posted by: cheesycake7 (May 12, 2011 05:02AM)
I am also very interested in the DVDs. As a starter I wonder how much more can I get from the courses compared to the DVDs? Would love to go to the courses but 400 is a lot for me. I'm just a university student. :(

I am currently thinking maybe I should get both these DVDs, and then go to a course the next time when I know more. Or whether it's wiser to save up straight away for a course and skip the DVDs?

Cheers
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (May 12, 2011 10:36AM)
I suggest you start with my book and The Trilby Connection. You will soon be in a better position to decide about face to face training. I will support you in anyway I can.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Jacob Smith (May 12, 2011 11:33AM)
I agree with Ant, that's how I got my start down the rabit hole that is hypnosis!
Message: Posted by: dmkraig (May 12, 2011 03:19PM)
In a training you get other people to work with and a trainer who can observe and make sure you're doing the work correctly. These are things you can never get from any book or DVD. This will save you weeks, months or even years of trying to figure things out and help you become a hypnotist in days rather wandering down a rabbit hole and hoping you're getting it right.
Message: Posted by: Owen Mc Ginty (May 13, 2011 02:15PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-12 06:02, cheesycake7 wrote:
I am also very interested in the DVDs. As a starter I wonder how much more can I get from the courses compared to the DVDs? Would love to go to the courses but 400 is a lot for me. I'm just a university student. :(

I am currently thinking maybe I should get both these DVDs, and then go to a course the next time when I know more. Or whether it's wiser to save up straight away for a course and skip the DVDs?

Cheers
[/quote]

Training may accelerate your learning considerably. Ive had books and live training. The guy that trained me is a good hypnotist, but not a fabulous teacher (it is not Anthony by the way). Even so, I saw that training is probably a better way to start. If youre serious about learning youll buy more books and DVDs after your training.
If you want to start economically then the order Id do things in is:
1) Reality is plastic with inductions DVD.
2) Live training.

Reality is plastic will give you what you need to get started and wont break the bank. If reality is plastic doesnt get you started, then Id say you need the live training. I did.
Im not criticizing Anthonys book, far from it. I merely couldnt believe that it was that easy and fear of failure held me back. If Id known then what I know now Id have started with the live training.
Message: Posted by: cheesycake7 (May 13, 2011 10:53PM)
Thanks a lot for the feedback and replies. I will get the book and a DVD to start with.

Anthony, I sent you a mail to your headhacker address previously to inquire about this but maybe it went into spam. Would so love to attend one of the courses in London as I'm only 2 hours away in Southampton! Have my exams for the upcoming one so I will see you in one of your future lectures I hope!
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (May 14, 2011 01:55AM)
Thanks Cheesycake7. That seems unusual with the email. Please send again and I will notify about future dates.

Shame you cannot make London on 28th and 29th May.

Maybe later in the year.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: HypnoDan (Jun 3, 2011 08:46PM)
I just wanted to chime in on the "live training" vs "book-and-DVD learning." I am a competent hypnotist with several well-received stage shows under my belt and plenty of impromptu stuff, but have never attended a live training. Not because I didn't want to, but because I frankly couldn't afford it. If you can afford live training, by all means, go for it--it will probably cut down on your learning curve considerably. But if you can't afford it, I think with hard work, practice and study and good educational materials (such as those Anthony puts out) you can achieve the same results.

That said, when money and time permit I do plan to attend some live trainings.
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Jun 4, 2011 03:27AM)
Save your pennies Head Hacking will hit Texas like a twister before the year end.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Jamie D (Aug 9, 2011 08:42PM)
I wish by some miracle you could make it up to Ontario Canada, But I feel that's just wishful thinking ;)

Darren
Message: Posted by: dukun (Aug 14, 2011 12:05PM)
My first Made by Anthony is Reality is plastic..

and right now I'm big fan of Made by Anthony..

IMO..

I have the Machurian and..

I will buy the trilby ASAP
Message: Posted by: Capt Blah (Aug 15, 2011 01:30AM)
Just a note about Sir Anthony - not only are the products he sells of the highest possible quality (he is a natural teacher and adopts a structured approach, which I like), but Anthony himself is immensely responsive and helpful.

This is one of the reasons that he has generated so much good will in the hypnosis community.

Personally I think RIP (book & CD) is a great tool for anybody beginning hypnosis.

Best of luck, Ottoemezzo!
Message: Posted by: dukun (Aug 15, 2011 02:40PM)
[quote]
On 2011-08-15 02:30, Capt Blah wrote:
Just a note about Sir Anthony - not only are the products he sells of the highest possible quality (he is a natural teacher and adopts a structured approach, which I like), but Anthony himself is immensely responsive and helpful.

This is one of the reasons that he has generated so much good will in the hypnosis community.

Personally I think RIP (book & CD) is a great tool for anybody beginning hypnosis.

Best of luck, Ottoemezzo!
[/quote]

I Agree with that..

If someone ask me where do I start..

I say RIP (not rest in peace ya haha)

cheers
Message: Posted by: dannyboy4 (Aug 15, 2011 09:04PM)
[quote]
On 2011-08-15 15:40, dukun wrote:

I Agree with that..

If someone ask me where do I start..

I say RIP (not rest in peace ya haha)

cheers
[/quote]

I *just* ordered RIP. Hopefully it's a good introduction, though I didn't get the DVD to go with it. Might be my next purchase.

I see quite a bit of praise for Anthony's products, must be worth the pennies!
Message: Posted by: dukun (Aug 16, 2011 01:35AM)
[quote]
On 2011-08-15 22:04, dannyboy4 wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-08-15 15:40, dukun wrote:

I Agree with that..

If someone ask me where do I start..

I say RIP (not rest in peace ya haha)

cheers
[/quote]

I *just* ordered RIP. Hopefully it's a good introduction, though I didn't get the DVD to go with it. Might be my next purchase.

I see quite a bit of praise for Anthony's products, must be worth the pennies!
[/quote]

Yes It Is..

And if we not understand and anything bother our mind..

we can directly ask Anthony by email or in this forum..

cheers
Message: Posted by: rickhypno (Aug 31, 2011 03:16PM)
I prefer the Manchurian DVD. It's easier for me to catch all the ideas in that one.
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Sep 1, 2011 01:39AM)
Thanks for the testimonials and support, Capt Blah and Rickhypno. Welcome to the rabbit hole, Dukun.

Stay in touch with anything you think I can help you with. Let me know when your goods arrive, and I will email some supplements to the book.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: CarlZen (Sep 1, 2011 01:56PM)
Anthony is a genius. I love everything of his, just brilliant. Keep up the good work, sir.
Message: Posted by: dannyboy4 (Sep 2, 2011 03:47PM)
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 02:39, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Thanks for the testimonials and support, Capt Blah and Rickhypno. Welcome to the rabbit hole, Dukun.

Stay in touch with anything you think I can help you with. Let me know when your goods arrive, and I will email some supplements to the book.

Anthony
[/quote]

Arrived a few days ago. The information in it is simply brilliant! Plenty of real world examples, and lots of guidance through the entire process. I'm enjoying the read. :)
Message: Posted by: kissdadookie (Sep 8, 2011 10:47AM)
I really can't say which one to get first or which one is better. From a purely mechanics POV, the Trilby Connection has more content in that regard. From a purely "theories" POV, I found that the Manchurian Approach was a bit more informative and had some really insightful nuggets of gold. However, like most who have had their fair share in learning about the subject and using this stuff, there's no way one can be really proficient at hypnosis without a good foundation in both the techniques as well understanding the concepts of hypnosis. Keeping that in mind, it's most probably best to pick up both. Apart from that, I have found tremendous value with the Reality is Plastic book as well as the supplemental additions Anthony has shared to owners of RIP throughout the years.
Message: Posted by: CarlZen (Sep 10, 2011 06:18PM)
Anthony's work is the best I seen I swear buy it just can't wait to see more of his work outstanding.
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Sep 12, 2011 12:59PM)
Thanks guys. As ever stay in touch.

Head Hacking hit's San Diego this week courtesy of HTG-Live!

Anthony
Message: Posted by: magokelvin (Sep 13, 2011 07:45AM)
I have them all Anthony (and his team) is simply great in teaching.
I would go in this learning order
a) Reality is Plastic
b) Trilby
c) Attending a live session (hypnostreet or else) to put in place all you've learnt
d) Manchurian
e) Change phenomena

then practice practice practice


Anthony looking forward you coming back to milan hopefully Q1 2012...
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Sep 13, 2011 10:28AM)
Hi MagoKelvin,

thanks for your kind words. That would be the order I advise too.

I hope to return to Milan in February to premiere The Cohl Experience: AI training. We had a great time on the last two trips.

Best regards,

Anthony
Message: Posted by: trixy (Mar 4, 2012 12:10PM)
Where did you bye the hypnosis RIP
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Mar 4, 2012 06:40PM)
Right here http://www.headhacking.com/products/

Also check out our free training channel that mirrors some of the content in the book.
http://www.youtube.com/how2hypnotise

Let me know if you have any questions.

Anthony
Message: Posted by: Prismatic (Mar 15, 2012 02:51PM)
I love manchurian approach, first DVD was great, second dvd got a little worse, third seemed a little to fly in the face of not making your subjects look like fools, I'm not saying it's bad material or hating on the creators it's an excellent production I'm just saying I think the first two discs were the most beneficial.
Message: Posted by: magicman29 (Mar 15, 2012 03:12PM)
[quote]
On 2012-03-15 15:51, Prismatic wrote:
I love manchurian approach, first DVD was great, second dvd got a little worse, third seemed a little to fly in the face of not making your subjects look like fools, I'm not saying it's bad material or hating on the creators it's an excellent production I'm just saying I think the first two discs were the most beneficial.
[/quote]

I'm glad it had the last two dvds in the set, it shows what its like being performed out in the real world, don't get me wrong the first two were the most knowledgable but imho from a beginner in hypnosis point of view without the last two dvds it wouldn't of been as believable.
that's just my 2 cents....

Kieran
Message: Posted by: Prismatic (Mar 15, 2012 04:12PM)
[quote]
On 2012-03-15 16:12, magicman29 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-03-15 15:51, Prismatic wrote:
I love manchurian approach, first DVD was great, second dvd got a little worse, third seemed a little to fly in the face of not making your subjects look like fools, I'm not saying it's bad material or hating on the creators it's an excellent production I'm just saying I think the first two discs were the most beneficial.
[/quote]

I'm glad it had the last two dvds in the set, it shows what its like being performed out in the real world, don't get me wrong the first two were the most knowledgable but imho from a beginner in hypnosis point of view without the last two dvds it wouldn't of been as believable.
that's just my 2 cents....

Kieran
[/quote]

oh totally, if they hadn't explained it was great to see it in motion I guess I was just put off by the setting routines and presentation. it seemed a bit lacquered for my liking but in terms of production quality this is on the nail, some of the best material. Jacquin holds a presence and a power that's evident in all his productions.
Message: Posted by: Anthony Jacquin (Mar 16, 2012 07:12AM)
I agree Prismatic, the performance shoot and location was not our best representation.

Things have moved on somewhat I hope :)

Anthony