(Close Window)
Topic: Watcher by Mickael Châtelain
Here is one new potential release of MC (in the future...) Tell me what you think about it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv8qjJDa7ww&feature=player_embedded#at=130
Are you sure you want to hear what we think about it?
It's rubbish! lol
I don't know the effect, but you think it's rubbish because you don't understand french? Also, I was said that the card can be signed before being inserted into the deck (there is no card change).
Très intriguant! J'aime bien la présentation.
Est-ce que l'effet peut-être répété avec un autre résultat?
Oui, n'importe quel résultat Gorecki (enfin je pense). A mon avis c'est un peek device, genre un étui qui remplacerait le portefeuille par exemple. Qu'en penses-tu?
Another teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0IEhGxDfw&feature=player_embedded
Just watched the Teaser 2 video cant say its something that I haven't seen before
Another teaser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLKmqIZnjoY

PS: note that I don't own the effect, and I do not know MC personally. I just post these things to share our thoughts on it.
My French is very poor! What is the effect?
I doubt that it is just a card reveal, so does the signed selection vanish from the pack, leaving an examinable deck and case?
Merci et au revoir.

Jean Paul Mc.
The effect is that you can reveal a card hidden in the box...
Je ne vois pas autre chose qu'un peek, effectivement, Dorian.
As-tu une idée d'une date de sortie?
Sortie déjà effective en France (à partir du site de Mickael). Sinon en boutique dans une dizaine de jours.
I don't see what the big deal is? This can be easily done with a marked or stacked deck. Such a simple effect that I can't imagine doing this by any complicated gimmick will be worth my while. Maybe the gimmick can be put to better use. Can you use it to see anything that is put into the box?
Yes,my French is very poor but 'Deja vu' does spring to mind!
It reminds me of a Larry Becker trick.
[quote]
On 2011-04-07 11:28, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is? This can be easily done with a marked or stacked deck. Such a simple effect that I can't imagine doing this by any complicated gimmick will be worth my while. Maybe the gimmick can be put to better use. Can you use it to see anything that is put into the box?
[/quote]

I'm with you Chad!
I really don't understand what the plus points are supposed to be?.. In fact I am struggling to see any point whatsoever in any of the demo's.
Maybe something is being lost in translation but count me out.

Paul Mc.
In fact there's nothing very intersting there, just a young French guy without knowledege wants to promote a fellow French, lol
[quote]
On 2011-04-08 04:07, parmenion wrote:
In fact there's nothing very intersting there, just a young French guy without knowledege wants to promote a fellow French, lol
[/quote]

Not exactly. I have got more knowledge than you imagine, "lol"... And I don't want to promote him, I even don't know him! It was just to share something with you. Sorry for that.
[quote]
On 2011-04-05 15:58, doriancaudal wrote:
Another teaser here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM0IEhGxDfw&feature=player_embedded
[/quote]

Can be done easily with a marked deck.
What's the point of this trick?
[quote]
On 2011-04-08 12:36, CardMaker wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-04-05 15:58, doriancaudal wrote:
[/quote]

[/quote]

Imagination, creativity... Do you know these words? :)
CardMaker wrote:
[quote]

doriancaudal wrote:
[quote]

Imagination, creativity... Do you know these words? :)
[/quote]

I think he probably does! :)
http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/sample-photos.html

Nice stuff Cardmaker.

Paul Mc.
[quote]
[/quote]

Not if the blurb below is true.

Here's a sample presentation:
Hand your deck to a spectator. Invite him to examine and shuffle it while your back is turned. The spectator follows your instructions and freely chooses and notes a card. He then puts his card in the card case and closes it.
So no one besides the spectator knows the value of the card locked away in the case.
You turn back towards the spectator and explain that you have the memory of an elephant. You take back the pack of the 51 remaining cards, which you quickly look over. You think for a few seconds, and then announce that the one card missing is the queen of spades.
Ask the spectator to open the case and take out the card he had hidden away there. It's the queen of spades! Incredible!
How the devil have you been able to memorize the entire deck in just a few seconds and figure out the only missing card? Your spectators will be mulling this one over for a long time!
Message: Posted by: Bernardo Rodriguez (Nov 21, 2012 01:49AM)
Yeah this has to be some very fancy gimmick... It's what he does haha. I think it will be well thought out at the very least.
[quote]
On 2012-11-20 10:40, Razamabaz wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

Not if the blurb below is true.

Here's a sample presentation:
Hand your deck to a spectator. Invite him to examine and shuffle it while your back is turned. The spectator follows your instructions and freely chooses and notes a card. He then puts his card in the card case and closes it.
So no one besides the spectator knows the value of the card locked away in the case.
You turn back towards the spectator and explain that you have the memory of an elephant. You take back the pack of the 51 remaining cards, which you quickly look over. You think for a few seconds, and then announce that the one card missing is the queen of spades.
Ask the spectator to open the case and take out the card he had hidden away there. It's the queen of spades! Incredible!
How the devil have you been able to memorize the entire deck in just a few seconds and figure out the only missing card? Your spectators will be mulling this one over for a long time!
[/quote]

The magician has to touch the card box before they look through all 51 remaining cards to deduce the missing card. I think should be included in the description.
He has a new trick Cello http://www.gimickmagic.com/page_cello_francias.html
I don't knwo why, just in french for now...