(Close Window)
Topic: Whisper
Any 'whispers'on this?

http://mentalunderground.com/mentalism-e-books/whisper/

Piers.
I ordered mine last week. Will let you know if I'm disappointed when I receive it. It's a lot of money and I can only hope it's worth it. I like Kennedy's thinking, but even more than a mentalism master he is a master in marketing and creating hypes, I think.
Bartelli,

I agree with both :) My order is (almost) in, too, let's see what we will get :)

Stefan
In the pre orders it looks as if there is a preshow script. As a hobbyist that scares me off a tiny bit.
In the ad it says:

"There is absolutely no preshow."

Then later it says:

"All pre-orders will receive an ebook of my unreleased Pre-Show script and include world-wide shipping."

????????
Perhaps 'Whisper' itself uses none, and it's just an added bonus gor those who pre-order.

That's the way I took it anyway.
Jay,

I contributed to the Whisper book, and I can confirm that there is NO pre-show invloved. I think that the script Ken is sending out is just a free bonus.

Cheers,

ME
Has anyone who ordered (and paid) received any reaction yet? I've sent an email to Kennedy to ask for confirmation (besides my paypal confirmation) about my order, but I get no answer.
[quote]
On 2011-04-09 21:47, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
In the ad it says:

"There is absolutely no preshow."

Then later it says:

"All pre-orders will receive an ebook of my unreleased Pre-Show script and include world-wide shipping."

????????
[/quote]

Very generous to include shipping on an ebook.

J
The bonus thing on pre-show is an ebook, the actual product, Whisper, is a physical book.
Hello - apologies if you haven't received a reply, I know I've replied to every email I've seen about this. I'm waiting for one of the contributors to get his section to me and then we'll be off to print. I know he is worth the wait for all of us.

Yes, Whisper is a physical hard-back book (as stated at the top of the description) and the totally unrelated pre-show script is an ebook that I'll send out to everyone who orders before the box of these things lands on my doorstep - as a thank you for your patience in waiting.

If you've got any questions do email me and I'll respond as fast as possible.

Thanks again
- Ken
Approxmiate date when it will be available for shipping?
If this is as clean as it sounds (which I'm sure it is!) This is the kind of routine ive always wanted to be able to perform. However, Im not minted enough to grab hold of a copy. Either way, it sounds wicked and I cant wait for the reviews!

Jamie Daws
@brehaut, as I say in the previous post I am just waiting for one of the contributors and as soon as I have that it will take the layout lady 48 hours to do the layout and then it'll go to the printers again. I was hoping to get this out the door before I headed to Washington DC, which is happening tomorrow. So another week for sure.

I truly appreciate your patience and interest,
Ken
Guys, I was VERY priveledged to have Kennedy share the basics of Whisper with me. This concept is worth it's weight in gold. This is seriously strong mentalism and makes for a very dramatic bit of theatre. The mentalists that are out there in the field will appreciate the potential.

Thank you for releasing this Kennedy.
Just for the record: Kennedy did reply to my email and has send me a PM to clear things up.
Looking forward to the book.
Hi guys,
Just to let everyone know, I have just sent the file over for final layout, having now received all contributions. This will be with you as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Hey Ken,

Are there any updates regarding this release?
Not to be critical, as I have no idea of the method or the quality of the writing, but if this technique is such a big secret, then why are there so many contributors to this book who are presumably already using variations of said method? If there are that many pros using this method, do we really need to spend $320 on a limited edition book explaining it? It will no doubt come out in due time at a fraction of the price. Just my initial thoughts.
Has this been sent out?
Quick update...for some reason it seems to be taking AGES to take delivery of these things. I can only apologise. Sorry about that. I've sent out all of the bonus e-books on the preshow technique to everyone who bought Whisper already (if I missed you drop me an email - make sure it's an email not a Café PM that way I'll see it fastest).

Thanks for you continued patience.

- K
Isn't it kind of disrecpectful to sell something that you don't have? I know, it was preorder an all, but waiting a month for product is just wrong. You knew it will take that long to actually have this book in your hands, but you still sell it. You should at least give back the money to people who ordered your book. It seems like scam to me. You are just saying, to all these people that you don't care how long they will have to wait.
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 16:25, fgk wrote:
Isn't it kind of disrecpectful to sell something that you don't have? I know, it was preorder an all, but waiting a month for product is just wrong. You knew it will take that long to actually have this book in your hands, but you still sell it. You should at least give back the money to people who ordered your book. It seems like scam to me. You are just saying, to all these people that you don't care how long they will have to wait.
[/quote]

It's a preorder---what part of that do you not understand?
Ken or Mark Elsdon,

I'm considering purchasing this book. However, I want to be clear on the limitations of the effect. Can anyone be more specific about the word the spectator in the audience selects? Does Whisper require the purchase of an additional book test? Or require you to CONSTRUCT your own book to make this effect work? In other words, is the word the audience member selects a completely random word? Or are they required to choose a word from a book in the no-preshow version of Whisper that is advertised? (I hope that makes sense.) and Finally, does the audience member who selects the word remain in the audience the entire time while the magician is on stage? Or is there any point in time in which the magician has to make brief contact with the spectator who selects the word? I hope those questions are generic enough to be answered. Thank you!
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 16:25, fgk wrote:
[/quote]

Curious...you've been a member since 2006 and this is your first post?
@False-Shuffle:
My apologies for the confusion. Whisper is not the method for working out what word is thought of by a spectator. It is the method for having someone else reveal the thought, instead of you.
I have one question about this:

Can you do this with just two people, say a couple, who can talk to each other afterwards? If not then I fear its designed for stage. But DR is forever doomed to be avoided by the close-up people.
Thomas,
Let me give you an example instead of just my opinion, if that's okay?

I was performing, admittedly a stand up performance in a restaurant. I had the woman take a book and think of a word from the book in the usual way. At this point I could have told him what word she was thinking of, but instead I asked boyfriend or husband (I don't know which she he) to come up because HE was going to read his partner's mind, "after all he thinks she can do it already?" I said, in an attempt at being witty.

He came up, I performed Whisper with him and he told her what she was thinking (he actually wrote it on a pad, she called out his word which I think was Candlestick and he turned his pad around to show that's what he had written).

After the show the young guy came up to me, with his girlfriend and said to me "I don't know how I knew it was going to be Candlestick."

I was also blown away, you know them moments when you are suddenly reminded of how powerful this stuff is? That was one of them, for me.

BTW the first bunch of books shipped 2 days ago so we might get some reviews soon too, which I am looking forward to reading.

CHEERS!
K
I had many solutions for this problem and my simplest solution is this one:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=418895&forum=37&0

The best version doesn't use the pre-show and I use also for ACAAN.

MP
@entermagic: that's a nice approach you share just there. Thanks for sharing.
Any updates? any honest reviews?
; )
Honest ? Are you mad ? lol
A short honest review:
It works. This probably will be in every mentalists arsenal in a couple of years. But for now I'm happy to be among the few who will use this already.
Kennedy's video actually for me gave away the method, so I hope it will be removed soon. But in the book there are plenty of subtleties and routines that make the book worthwhile. For a performing entertainer, the price is right. If you only want to know the secret to this method and don't use it, it's expensive.

Anyway with whisper you REALLY can make a mind reader out of a spectator (for a minute or two) and when handled right, the spectator won't know how she did it. My "worker of the week". I will probably implement this concept in every performance from now on. Play time!
I think I have a very basic understanding of what makes up Whisper... to an extent (thanks to the video).

I was unsure on this but now I'm seriously considering investing in it, I could be WAY off but if not then this is some clever s#!t and something I think I'd utilise.

Any word on how many copies are left?

Cheers.
I just purchased it based upon more comments and reviews I have seen. I look forward to reviewing it and posting my own thoughts when I get it and have a chance to digest it. As for the price and limited editions, I much prefer a high price for something that is truely quality with a very limited distribution than something than everyone and their brother can get for $25. Just my opinion. And I certainly hope that the ad is correct that only 150 copies will be sold and that is it.
Hi buddy, you have my absolute word that only 150 of these were printed and will be sold.
Thanks again for your order.

- K
[quote]
On 2011-06-20 17:58, Ken Dyne wrote:
Hi buddy, you have my absolute word that only 150 of these were printed and will be sold.
Thanks again for your order.

- K
[/quote]

Thanks for responding---I look forward to getting the book
[quote]
On 2011-06-02 20:35, Thomas Cooper wrote:

Can you do this with just two people, say a couple, who can talk to each other afterwards? If not then I fear its designed for stage. But DR is forever doomed to be avoided by the close-up people.
[/quote]

truthful answer

no: you cannot.
I really want this, but when I read:

After the show the young guy came up to me, with his girlfriend and said to me "I don't know how I knew it was going to be Candlestick."

and then:

[quote]
On 2011-06-25 16:45, PsiDroid wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-06-02 20:35, Thomas Cooper wrote:

[/quote]

truthful answer

no: you cannot.
[/quote]

Am I missing something ??
I received the book and have read portions of it, not finished yet. PWRIS, the couple can talk afterwards and will still not know exactly how it worked. It also depends on how nervous the spectator is on stage and how much he remembers after the show. If everything is remembered exactly, the couple will still have a small effect and mystery to take home. I try to think about the audience at large, what they take home.
PWRIS: my answer was for thomas

you cannot perform that for two people only: especially if they are friends or a couple

please read my post here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=420689&forum=15&post=7125783
I promised a review once I gave the book a thorough reading. My review will be similar to other postings of people who have actually purchased the book. First, it is very good. You are able to do exactly what is advertised. I have not yet performed it because it really should be done on stage or for a large group of people. To do this effect justice you should have your script down iron clad. I would anticipate most spectators watching this effect will be absolutely bafffled--and that is what we want. As for the spectator who you whisper too, I believe the way the effect is designed he will not understand the method. It is possible that over time, if that spectator thought about it, he might to some extent understand part of the method---but maybe not and highly doubtful it would be the day of the performance (i.e he would not be able to opine on the method to other spectators). The actual secret could be shared in just a few pages but Ken explains everything in detail---this is important. There is no sleight of hand, just presentation. Ken gives you everything you need. Overall I am very satisfied with the purchase, glad it is a limited release and think the price is fair taking all things into consideration.
Hey guys just letting you know that if you have been waiting to get together the money to buy Whisper, there is a super price at mindshocks website.

You should take a look at it

Nefesch
No there isn't, it's a book, the special was for e-books
[quote]
On 2011-08-26 17:13, takeachance wrote:
No there isn't, it's a book, the special was for e-books
[/quote]

Argggg
I think you are right!!!!!

My mistake :(
sorry guys!

Nefesch