(Close Window)
Topic: Hello, I'm street magician (new in the Magic Café!)
Message: Posted by: Dimitri Mystery Artist (Apr 27, 2011 07:43PM)
Hello, my name is Dima, I'm from Israel. Last summer I started (almost by faith) doing street magic. I learned a lot from it and I keep doing it regularly since than (now I'm living in Argentina).

Hope I will receive some help to improve my act in the future from performers around here, and I will be happy to share my ideas with you guys.

Here is a link to my video from doing street magic in Madrid:
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGmEYuJQfT0&feature=related[/url]

See you!
dima
Cool; great promo video!! Welcome to the Café!
Dima ... Beautiful!! You've got me fired up.

Thanks!
Dan.
Message: Posted by: Dimitri Mystery Artist (Apr 29, 2011 07:47AM)
THANKS GUYS!
Good to see everybody smiling and enjoying themselves, after all that is what is all about. Great video my friend.
It looks like you've been doing it a lot longer than a year! Just great!
Welcome to the Café. Nice video.
Really nice, can't believe you just started a year ago... That's some good audience management!
Message: Posted by: Dimitri Mystery Artist (May 6, 2011 08:14AM)
Thanks everyone for the good feedback,
lol, I wasn't clear...i started doing "street shows" last summer
BUT I have been doing magic for 6 years, (private events,close up, etc)
however my show improved tremendously since I started doing stree magic...
Great video. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks,
Giz
Great video, Dima. I wasn't sure what to expect; these days, when someone says "check out my street magic video" often it's a collection of random close-up tricks performed in public, but on the fly (no table, no crowd build, etc). You were passing the hat, and had a crowd, yet, I didn't see cups and balls, a busker's bag, a hat, etc... It was sort of like a blend of the two street styles.

Also, I liked seeing that you had worked out a street version of cards across. I had wanted to do the same, but didn't know how to handle the palm while surrounded... How did you resolve that, may I ask?
Message: Posted by: Dimitri Mystery Artist (May 16, 2011 11:10PM)
HeY Damian, thanks for your feed back. (you are right, I try to blend close up magic with street magic)

about card across, I cannot do it completely surrounded, so first thing I do is manage people that are behind me (in any case, I want the crowd to look on me and not people around), I simply say, "guys, I look much more beautiful from the front, please take away a few steps"

however I did change the method (at least I have never seen anybody do it before), I use "btm pm", it is almost angle proof and can be done without a table if necessary
you can watch the whole routine here, hope it help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok9e6_ZExyA

Dima
Thanks for the link, Dima. Having both packets counted to the table makes for a simple solution, actually. That way, you're not stuck holding out. I don't know how I feel about having both packets tabled, tho--I think it's stronger if the two packets are never seen together... Still, it's worth considering. Thanks for sharing.
Nice video! Your presentation looks great and it looks like everyone is enjoying themselves and having fun! Good Luck in the future!
- Jack
Excellent video, very entertaining. the cards placed on the chest area seems nice. Can I adopt the idea to my performance as well? :D
Message: Posted by: Dimitri Mystery Artist (Jun 7, 2011 10:47AM)
Hey Hakz, happy that you loked the video, yeah sure you can adopt the idea, ;)
Its been removed apparantly? will it be up again soon?
[quote]
On 2011-04-27 20:43, Dima Mystery Artist wrote:
Hello, my name is Dima, I'm from Israel. Last summer I started (almost by faith) doing street magic. I learned a lot from it and I keep doing it regularly since than (now I'm living in Argentina).
[/quote]

You've got a good style and I like your look with the vest and tie.
Dima, I loved it. I was so pleasantly surprised by this video. Great feel, tone, and look. You've got such a nice charisma, and that's without hearing you speak! I must say, positively kudos to your Erdnase at 1:26. The proper mechanics for that particular color change are a popular topic in my new lecture, and I [i]constantly[/i] see magicians and students of mine performing it wrong. Yours is beautiful. Keep it up sir.
Dima,

This video was beautiful.
Great video!

What makes it so good is showing the reactions of everyone.

Very well done!

Amazing that you just started working magic on the streets...

It sounds like you started with your very first magic trick just 6 short years ago??

Not bad... Not bad!!