(Close Window)
Topic: The holy grail exists?
Most users who post about whether the ACAAN holy grail exist answer in the negative. This site http://sites.google.com/site/shockdocmagic/home had an ACAAN version for sale that seems to meet the Holy Grail requirements (I understand that this site has been the subject of another thread but this is a different topic). Assuming 15 individuals paid over $2000 for this effect that would be the best evidence that such an effect existed (the other evidence would be watching it performed). Keep in mind almost all ACAAN effects marketed specifically say "this is not the Holy Grail"---this site states the opposite. I guess my question is since we debate whether the holy grail exists, it is interesting to note there is a site that answers yes and has marketed such effect and apparently sold out. Comments :)
Too bad it's sold out. I had my paypal finger on the trigger! DARN!!

J
Hmmm that's a lot of money for a single effect?
I know I've always liked the theory of the so called holy Grail but really $2'400 !!!!

that's madness!

R
Just when I wasn't about to buy it, its sold out anyway.

I doubt this really exists
That's Jeremy Weiss' amazing version. Worth every cent!

Benny
Jeremy performed this for me in Vegas.
I've aged since.
I want that!...lol...
:)
This presentation is so strong it almost made me s**t feathers...glad its no longer available...
Too strong for magician.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 16, 2011 05:35PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-16 16:55, Eric Samuels wrote:
Jeremy performed this for me in Vegas.
I've aged since.
[/quote]

What can you tell use about the effect? Did it works as promised or?

SPM
Someone names a card. Some one else names a card... Without the performer having come near the deck, the spectator deals down to the number called... it is the named card.

That's it.

d
The rumor is David Berglas was shocked and impressed by Jeremy's straightforward solution. I actually don't want to know the secret. I'd rather leave the box closed and wonder at the mystery inside.
I heard the same thing Mike.

Interestingly, Jeremy has also stopped talking about what it's "Not".
He used to be very proud to say his ACAAN was "Not this... Not that"... but now he's even stopped that.

d
And that's not even the version that Jeremy uses himself.

I did not sleep for a long time after seeing what Jeremy did for me on Skype with my own shuffled deck.....simply put it was subliminal influence at it's most extreme!

Kam
Jeremy Weiss is a good friend of mine. I'll request him for a complementary copy. I'm sure Jeremy will happily oblige. ;) :)

. . . continue please! :)

:xmas:
ACAAN: The Holy Grail

A borrowed deck is shuffled by a spectator. With the deck still in hand, the spectator calls out a number
(free choice 1-52) and names any card. The spectator counts down to the number and finds the named card.
The entire effect happens in the spectators hands. You control everything. No deck switches. No miscounts.
Impromptu. Devastating.

Here some performance like JW describes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXjNJG0rZc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J-PT2RfEsc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWNwzQfoCRs

The rumor is that JW talks about his effect on another private forum saying that his version is just a joke.

MP
This can´t be real! If this is like in the video, than it´s the holy grail of all magic effects ever invented!
kiki
KIKI,

This is real. I've seen Jeremy do it. However, I'm a bit skeptical if the one and only time I saw him perform it was just blind luck because it looks too clean. As far as I remember it, Jeremy never touched the deck! And I think, please don't hold me to this, the deck was borrowed.

-rob
.....or the deck was 10,000km away in my house, and Jeremy was in his house......

Kam
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 04:38, kambiz wrote:
.....or the deck was 10,000km away in my house, and Jeremy was in his house......

Kam
[/quote]

What 10.000 Km???? How is it possible??? The maximum distance between 2 points on on the earth is 6380 KM...
Maybe Jeremy lives in ordbit aroud the earth... LOL he is an alien LOL

MP
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 04:43, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

Kam
[/quote]

What 10.000 Km???? How is it possible??? The maximum distance between 2 points on on the earth is 6380 KM...

he? 6380 km? this is to the midpoint of the earth. The longest distance is about 20.000 km.

MP
[/quote]
Yes... I made a mistake...You are right :)

MP
Who is jeremy? is this real?
Jeremy Weiss, and if it´s on his website I´d say it´s very real.
Jeremy makes products for real workers and prices them accordingly to keep them out of the hands of us mere amateurs (curse him! but I respect him for it!).

I suspect that if you ever see this effect performed by anyone other than Jeremy, you wont know it was Jeremys method. ;)

His "wallet-killer" e-book is good. I think he´s in the New York area, should you want to see him perform.
The Protean Eye ebook on his site is also very very strong
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 04:43, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

Kam
[/quote]

MP
[/quote] Earth radius is 6,378.1 km (equatorial radius) but it's for a circle (2D), for a sphere (3D), the circumference is 2ðr;
2*ð*6,378.1 km = 40,074.78km

So the maximum distance between 2 points on earth is 40,074.78 km / 2 = 20,037.39 km
A good version of the Holy Grail is the one by Tom Baxter, called "Legend", but he solds it very selectively, and it is also very expensive :)
The magician never touches the deck in this version.
That's what happened to me!! Jeremy never touched my deck, I was 20,037.39 / 2 km = 10,000km away

Explain THAT!

I have not slept one wink since, and that was 356 / 2 days = 9 months ago

Kam
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 04:25, r1z08 wrote:
KIKI,

This is real. I've seen Jeremy do it. However, I'm a bit skeptical if the one and only time I saw him perform it was just blind luck because it looks too clean. As far as I remember it, Jeremy never touched the deck! And I think, please don't hold me to this, the deck was borrowed.

-rob
[/quote]

You've described it perfectly Rob. "The borrowed deck" is another thing Jeremy doesn't want to flaunt. He's mentioned to me that in the past he used to describe the conditions of his effects very exactly so that his customers (usually pretty knowledgeable guys) wouldn't get something they already possessed... but then he just had a bunch of d@#ches trying to reverse engineer his stuff. So now he just describe the effect as simply and accurately as possible.

I think it's working for him.

d
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 07:10, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
Jeremy Weiss, and if it´s on his website I´d say it´s very real.
Jeremy makes products for real workers and prices them accordingly to keep them out of the hands of us mere amateurs (curse him! but I respect him for it!).

I suspect that if you ever see this effect performed by anyone other than Jeremy, you wont know it was Jeremys method. ;)

His "wallet-killer" e-book is good. I think he´s in the New York area, should you want to see him perform.
[/quote]

Hey Owen, JW lives in the Seattle area.
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 08:31, brehaut wrote:
The Protean Eye ebook on his site is also very very strong
[/quote]

Yes it is. Jeremy is my exclusive distributor for this. And it's still available.

Bob
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 11:50, kambiz wrote:
That's what happened to me!! Jeremy never touched my deck, I was 20,037.39 / 2 km = 10,000km away

Explain THAT!

Kam
[/quote]

:rotf:
great!!!
kiki
Entermagic

Why would a Mentalist have a deck shuffled for the ACAAN effect. You have just taken a prediction effect and turned it into a magic trick.

Oh wait...Your username is "entermagic".
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 11:50, kambiz wrote:

Explain THAT!

Kam
[/quote]

Please, describe in full detail the effect performed by Jeremy on Skype, just to have an idea
about this extraordinary effect. After, your detailed description I will try to send you (via PM)
my explanation.

MP
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 13:28, Cozmo D wrote:
Entermagic

Why would a Mentalist have a deck shuffled for the ACAAN effect. You have just taken a prediction effect and turned it into a magic trick.

Oh wait...Your username is "entermagic".
[/quote]

Do you talk about the effect that I posted here?
Inside the video, you see many performances of an impossible ACAAN. It is so impossible that it is a FAKE and in my opinion JW version too.

As I already wrote, Jeremy talks about his effect on another Private Forum and explains that his version is just a JOKE! (I am not sure
about this because I don't' have the permission to read it, but a friend of L... S..... explained me this)

MP
Just a word to the wise:

Next time someone performs the PERFECT Any Card At Any Number for you... just ask them to do it again. See if they can do it again, or if it was luck.

Tom
xx
Jeremy performed his version of ACAAN several times at MindVention. (Many people saw it more than once. It looked exactly the same each time.)
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 14:09, mastermindreader wrote:
Jeremy performed his version of ACAAN several times at MindVention. (Many people saw it more than once. It looked exactly the same each time.)
[/quote]

Sir, did you see it? Can you describe what the audience have seen? At moment it looks an impossible effect without any description any video
just an high price and SOLD OUT. It is very hard to believe that it is real and it is not a joke.

MP
Yes I saw it. It has been described accurately in this thread and others. I won't, however, encourage fishing for the method in a public forum. (Or a private one for that matter.)

Good thoughts,

Bob
If there is not a description, no video performance nothing and also the effect is not for sale I believe this thread doesn't make sense.

MP
The "impossible"and "sold out" "effects" seen on that website are nothing more than a marketing ploy to encourage people to buy the slightly less remarkable and much cheaper versions of the tricks which unsurprisingly are not sold out.

Who on the magic Café actually owns any of the sold out effects?

*tumbleweed*
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 15:06, smokingkills wrote:
The "impossible"and "sold out" "effects" seen on that website are nothing more than a marketing ploy to encourage people to buy the slightly less remarkable and much cheaper versions of the tricks which unsurprisingly are not sold out.

*tumbleweed*
[/quote]

This man speaks the truth :P
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 15:06, smokingkills wrote: The "impossible"and "sold out" "effects" seen on that website are nothing more than a marketing ploy to encourage people to buy the slightly less remarkable and much cheaper versions of the tricks which unsurprisingly are not sold out. Who on the magic Café actually owns any of the sold out effects?[/quote]
Sorry, but if Mr. Cassidy affirms the effect, I gotta go with him. I wouldn't pay two-grand for any card-based effect, since the same [i]audience perception[/i] can usually be invoked with other methods for far less, but I respect Mr. Cassidy's integrity in such matters.
I don't doubt that Mr Cassidy saw an ACAAN effect being performed, but does Mr Cassidy own the sold out effect advertised on the website? And if not, can he be sure that such an effect exists?

It seems strange that ever since the website got a plug on here - suddenly the newer and cheaper (and less impossible) effects got offered up for sale. Yet nothing of the calibre which had supposedly previously been available has been produced since the site got promoted on here. I guess we'll have to keep checking back for those gems?
Jeremy wont post a youtube video because he doesn´t seem interested in selling massive numbers. He seems to be able to make good money, selling apparently well crafted effects to a limited number of professional performers. He creates limited releases. Whilst this may seem like a marketing ploy, if you put yourselves in the shoes of a professional which would you rather pay for?

1) An effect on sale to the general public, any tom dick or harry that wants to buy it?
or
2) An effect sold for thousands of dollars, which more than likely will take a VERY long time to make it into the public domain?

(I do not mean to detract from the power or value of any of the other effects he sells such as Mr. Cassidys book, it´s just that I think Jeremy caters for a different sort of customer)

I highly doubt this is a joke (but hey, maybe Jeremy will prove me wrong).
I´d say this effect is aimed at those who know Jeremy, and know his work. For the record I´ve only talked to him via a few emails and pm´s but that´s the impression I get.
If it's real magic I'll pay 2400 I only buy real magic. if it's a fake I don't want it.
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 17:17, Owen Mc Ginty wrote:
Jeremy wont post a youtube video because he doesn´t seem interested in selling massive numbers. He seems to be able to make good money, selling apparently well crafted effects to a limited number of professional performers. He creates limited releases. Whilst this may seem like a marketing ploy, if you put yourselves in the shoes of a professional which would you rather pay for?

1) An effect on sale to the general public, any tom dick or harry that wants to buy it?
or
2) An effect sold for thousands of dollars, which more than likely will take a VERY long time to make it into the public domain?

(I do not mean to detract from the power or value of any of the other effects he sells such as Mr. Cassidys book, it´s just that I think Jeremy caters for a different sort of customer)

I highly doubt this is a joke (but hey, maybe Jeremy will prove me wrong).
I´d say this effect is aimed at those who know Jeremy, and know his work. For the record I´ve only talked to him via a few emails and pm´s but that´s the impression I get.
[/quote]

I change mind only if I see a performance or it is for sale or if someone describes, in full detail, his routine...
At moment, I have someone that said me that on another forum Jeremy said that this is just a Joke.
What I see is: that this is just a dirty method to advertise some other effect.

MP
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 17:27, entermagic wrote: What I see is: that this is just a dirty method to advertise some other effect.[/quote]
Joke or not, I can see where your last comment will have people rushing to you, at break-neck-speed, to offer you a limited release... perhaps at one-third the cost, 'cause you were so polite and considerate and all.
If you don't have the brass ones, this effect is not for you...its a beautiful thing to behold...

entermagic - I have noticed that you appear at any mention of ACAAN...and to perform that effect, I believe you have to truly understand The Berglas Effect...

jeremy's is slice of fried gold...
Entermagic's post reminded me of this classic fable:

The Fox and the Grapes

ONE hot summer’s day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. “Just the things to quench my thirst,” quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: “I am sure they are sour.”
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 15:06, smokingkills wrote:

*tumbleweed*
[/quote]

I have not seen Weiss perform the effect so I can not say with certainty that it exists. However, I can understand if it does exist why he would sell just 20 for $2400. If he sold thousands for $60 the secret would get out, be reproduced,etc. With 20 he can hand pick who he sells it to and have them sign non disclosures. It makes sense if you have a great effect. Further, given the credentials of the people who have seen it and some who have pm'ed me, I do believe the effect exists.
Even if satisfied customers wanted to come forward to praise this product... the pre-sale agreement that JW has with his clients regarding his 'exclusive' products (as opposed to his 'general market' ones) would prohibit it.

It doesn't matter if the doubters out there continue to doubt... many of us have seen this effect performed by JW-- and others-- as described.

d
I have only seen this ACAAN and his ridiculously baffling book test in action. The only thing I have to say is that I'd love to see them again!

-rob
I think the topic is "THE HOLY GRAIL EXISTS?"

I'm looking for the effects below for my show !!

1- Someone in the audience takes out a dollar or euro bill from his wallet and I can tell the serial N° right away ! No s***ge, No f**ce, No pr****ow, No ********* etc
2- Someone calls out a 5 digit number and the envoloppe that is hanged from the begining of the show is opened by the spectator and the prediction is right! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
3- Someone in the audience shuffles a deck of cards, takes freely a card with my back to the audience, puts the rest of the cards in his pocket, and I name the card, no questions, no fi****g (I could be blinfolded!!!!)! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
4- a spectator takes a fork from his table puts it in his hand, and when he opens his hand the fork is bent, I never touch the fork! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
5- An audience brings a book, any book, from his home, he opens at a page, any page, looks,just looks at a word, any word, I write a word and they match!No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc

!!!!!!!!!!

Why does HOLY GRAIL = ACCAN, this term comes up everytime we talk about ACAAN!!
All these effects are holy grails, not for us but for the audience. We can not forget this : (I don't remember who said it) THE MAGIC HAPPENS IN THE MIND OF THE SPECTATOR!!

I worked for weeks Rus Andrews effect with a pr***ow work. On my last presentation I heard one of the audiences talking about it :

"Some one thought of a card, some one gave a number between 1 and 52, a third guy dealt the cards that were in his hands at that number and it was the thought of card, the magician never touched the cards!!! how is that possible"

Isn't this the holy grail. I'm sure other versions of ACAAN get the same reaction.

So..............

Cheers and thanks to all the creators, which make the dream move along!

Pourang
[quote]
On 2011-05-18 18:56, pourang65 wrote:
I think the topic is "THE HOLY GRAIL EXISTS?"

I'm looking for the effects below for my show !!

1- Someone in the audience takes out a dollar or euro bill from his wallet and I can tell the serial N° right away ! No s***ge, No f**ce, No pr****ow, No ********* etc
2- Someone calls out a 5 digit number and the envoloppe that is hanged from the begining of the show is opened by the spectator and the prediction is right! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
3- Someone in the audience shuffles a deck of cards, takes freely a card with my back to the audience, puts the rest of the cards in his pocket, and I name the card, no questions, no fi****g (I could be blinfolded!!!!)! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
4- a spectator takes a fork from his table puts it in his hand, and when he opens his hand the fork is bent, I never touch the fork! No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc
5- An audience brings a book, any book, from his home, he opens at a page, any page, looks,just looks at a word, any word, I write a word and they match!No *****, No *******, No *******, No ********* etc

!!!!!!!!!!

Why does HOLY GRAIL = ACCAN, this term comes up everytime we talk about ACAAN!!
All these effects are holy grails, not for us but for the audience. We can not forget this : (I don't remember who said it) THE MAGIC HAPPENS IN THE MIND OF THE SPECTATOR!!

I worked for weeks Rus Andrews effect with a pr***ow work. On my last presentation I heard one of the audiences talking about it :

"Some one thought of a card, some one gave a number between 1 and 52, a third guy dealt the cards that were in his hands at that number and it was the thought of card, the magician never touched the cards!!! how is that possible"

Isn't this the holy grail. I'm sure other versions of ACAAN get the same reaction.

So..............

Cheers and thanks to all the creators, which make the dream move along!

Pourang
[/quote]

Hey Pourang

Those are all very doable effects!
But I think your point is an excellent one... it's best not to let our imaginations trap us.

best

dave
You know...it is so funny. I have had something like 690 posts by now (not any worthwhile, mind you)....but probably 200 of them have been since 11/12/09. Anyways, since that time my signature has read:

"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.

Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09"

How may of you guys out there have actually heard that interview with Jamie D. Grant about the events of MindVention, 2009?
[quote]
On 2011-05-20 23:56, jeremysweiss wrote:
You know...it is so funny. I have had something like 690 posts by now (not any worthwhile, mind you)....but probably 200 of them have been since 11/12/09. Anyways, since that time my signature has read:

"....Jeremy Weiss has the greatest card trick of ALL TIME!"--Jamie D. Grant.

Start listening to iTricks 11/12/09"

How may of you guys out there have actually heard that interview with Jamie D. Grant about the events of MindVention, 2009?
[/quote]

Is that interview still available on iTricks? I tried to find it but couldn't. Thanks
The holy grail exists?

Yes

As simple as that.
Another way of ascertaining whether the now sold out effects still listed on the website for some strange reason were ever available in the past - would be to find a cached copy of it somewhere when they were not sold out. I wonder if that exists?

Hmmm, methinks not ;-)
[quote]
On 2011-05-17 17:27, entermagic wrote:
I change mind only if I see a performance or it is for sale or if someone describes, in full detail, his routine...
At moment, I have someone that said me that on another forum Jeremy said that this is just a Joke.
What I see is: that this is just a dirty method to advertise some other effect.
[/quote]

Indeed. And I made this point when the effect first appeared on his site.
[quote]
On 2011-05-21 14:13, smokingkills wrote:
Another way of ascertaining whether the now sold out effects still listed on the website for some strange reason were ever available in the past - would be to find a cached copy of it somewhere when they were not sold out. I wonder if that exists?

Hmmm, methinks not ;-)
[/quote]

Not really, since the prior site was always hidden. By the time the new site got put up, the effects had long been sold out.

BTW...someone just tried to upload a copy of the levitation onto a torrent site--thankfully, the upload seems to not include only a few pages. As far as I can tell, the secret remains secure. However, from the pages that were succesfully uploaded, I can tell whose copy got uploaded.

I have already contacted the purchaser to tell them that their copy of the levitation was compromised--so I need to look into how that might have happened. Since SmokingKills and Sicseek seem so computer saavy, maybe you guys would like to volunteer your services to help me figure out how it happened and who might have uploaded it?
I can help - as long as me downloading a copy doesn't land me into trouble. What do you want me to do?
Of course the cynic in me would suspect that a torrent released with vital pages missing would be a mildly elaborate attempt to add believability to the story and put end to the rumours of the effects not existing. But any help you want me to be let me know. I have an open mind.
The holy Grail does NOT exist. Every effect has a method. Their will ALWAYS be people who do not like the method. The true holy Grail is one in which the ACAAN happens through true powers. So each one of us has to go on the journey and find the method we enjoy that accomplishes what it is we want.

The Holy Grail is in the hands of the performer.
Probably more 'bait' but I'll play along. I struggle to see how or why someone would upload only a few pages of a book. Was it in electronic format to start with? It's not exactly the sort of thing that is done by accident. I smell a rat.

If yo wanted to find out who uploaded, you would first need to find the IP address of the uploader. If you spotted the torrent soon after it was uploaded you may have been able to see when there was only a single "seed". In which case you are in luck - that address is the uploader's.

If you suspect the purchaser is the uploader then you need to link them to that same IP address. If they are on a static ip address you might be able to do that by looking at your server logs from the day the purchased the product or perhaps from inspecting the headers of email correspondence you've had with them. If they are not on a static ip address it becomes a lot more difficult. If they have responded to your email before their IP address changed - that might be a match - otherwise the best you can probably do is ascertain that both the purchaser and the uploader use the same ISP. In short, if they are on a dynamic ip address your chances of confirming their identity are minimal. If you recorded the IP addresses of all seeds on he torrent you could potentially contact their ISPs and try to force them to disclose the identity of the account holders so you can take legal action. Not easy. But obviously if the account is in the surname of the purchaser that is a pretty strong indicator of a link. But do you know the true identity of the purchaser in the first place?
[quote]
On 2011-05-21 17:23, Cozmo D wrote:
The holy Grail does NOT exist. Every effect has a method. Their will ALWAYS be people who do not like the method. The true holy Grail is one in which the ACAAN happens through true powers. So each one of us has to go on the journey and find the method we enjoy that accomplishes what it is we want.

[/quote]

I started this post because the description given on the website appears to be the holy grail. We always talk about whether the grails exists and my only point is there is a website that claimed it sold 15 grails
[quote]

[b]* The holy Grail does NOT exist.

* Every effect has a method. Their will ALWAYS be people who do not like the method.

* The Holy Grail is in the hands of the performer.

* The true holy Grail is one which happens through true powers.[/b]
([i]The sentence has been edited please.[/i])
[/quote]

Absolutely!

[b]OFF TOPIC[/b]

Here is an almost impossible looking effect that I recently shared (including the method in deatail) with one of our Café member. The effect is based on Max Maven's Kurotsuke and other similar effects.

The effect:-

1. Six small black rubber balls (each with a very small prominent color dot - 5 balls with a Yellow dot & one with a Red dot) are placed inside a black opaque bag.
(I use Squash Balls - http://www.bigbluecricket.com/dunlopprodoubleyellowdotsquashballsboxof12.aspx)

2. Six spectators take a ball each from the bag and without looking at the ball (or the color of the dot) put the ball in their pocket.

3. The mentalist then correctly predicts who has the odd color dot ball.

That's it - So simple & straight forward. ;)

Conditions:

(a) The bag and the six balls are placed on the table.

(b) The balls as well as the bag is freely inspected by the spectator(s).

(c) The balls are then placed and mixed in the bag by the spectator(s) themselves.

(d) The six spectators are then asked to move and stand in a line (in any order they like) 6 to 8 feet away from the table.

(e) Then, for ease of identification, each spectator is given a number from 1 to 6. The numbers can be given from let to right or vice versa. This is also decided by the spectators themselves.

(g) Now one by one the spectators come (in order of their number) and take a ball from the bag and without looking at the ball put it in their pocket.

(h) During the above course of action, the mentalist is standing about 6 feet away from the table.

(i) The mentalist, without moving from his place, exactly predicts who has the odd color dot ball.

The beauty of this effect lies in the fact that the mentalist never goes near or touches the bag containing the balls from the very beginning till the end of the effect. Also the mentalist never moves from his place when making his prediction. Moreover the spectators themselves don't know what color dot ball they picked.

I am sure you will agree that this is one of the finest & totally Hands-Off Kurotsuke kind effect.

Happy thinking!! :) ;)
(The effect can be made (by the DIYers :) for about 20 Dollars. Also the method used opens the doors to may other possible effects - Imagination will be your only limiting factor).

Please Note: For this effect I am making use of an already know prop.

[b]Back on Topic please.[/b]

[b][i]For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.[/i][/b] - Author Unknown
[quote]

[/quote]

This is assuming the effect exists to start with. At the moment there is no evidence of said effect, and we are talking about very specific effects for very specific prices on a very specific website.
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 08:02, smokingkills wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

This is assuming the effect exists to start with. At the moment there is no evidence of said effect, and we are talking about very specific effects for very specific prices on a very specific website.
[/quote]

You are incorrect, there is evidence the effect exists. A number of respected mentalists have said they saw it performend and when. You can choose not to believe them but it is incorrect to say there is no evidence---there is
I don't count that as proof. How can they be sure what they saw performed is what is advertised on the website? It means nothing. Somebody actually [b]owning[/b] the effect would be proof. Nobody so far has come up and said they owned it. We have a website which mysteriously appeared out of nowhere with all of these amazing sounding tricks "sold out" - and when enough hype had been achieved we had some much less remarkable effects available for sale. Suspicious? Yes!
[quote]
On 2011-05-21 23:16, Ustaad wrote:
[quote]

[b]* The holy Grail does NOT exist.

* Every effect has a method. Their will ALWAYS be people who do not like the method.

* The Holy Grail is in the hands of the performer.

* The true holy Grail is one which happens through true powers.[/b]
([i]The sentence has been edited please.[/i])
[/quote]

Absolutely!

[b]OFF TOPIC[/b]

Here is an almost impossible looking effect that I recently shared (including the method in deatail) with one of our Café member. The effect is based on Max Maven's Kurotsuke and other similar effects.

The effect:-

1. Six small black rubber balls (each with a very small prominent color dot - 5 balls with a Yellow dot & one with a Red dot) are placed inside a black opaque bag.
(I use Squash Balls - http://www.bigbluecricket.com/dunlopprodoubleyellowdotsquashballsboxof12.aspx)

2. Six spectators take a ball each from the bag and without looking at the ball (or the color of the dot) put the ball in their pocket.

3. The mentalist then correctly predicts who has the odd color dot ball.

That's it - So simple & straight forward. ;)

Conditions:

(a) The bag and the six balls are placed on the table.

(b) The balls as well as the bag is freely inspected by the spectator(s).

(c) The balls are then placed and mixed in the bag by the spectator(s) themselves.

(d) The six spectators are then asked to move and stand in a line (in any order they like) 6 to 8 feet away from the table.

(e) Then, for ease of identification, each spectator is given a number from 1 to 6. The numbers can be given from let to right or vice versa. This is also decided by the spectators themselves.

(g) Now one by one the spectators come (in order of their number) and take a ball from the bag and without looking at the ball put it in their pocket.

(h) During the above course of action, the mentalist is standing about 6 feet away from the table.

(i) The mentalist, without moving from his place, exactly predicts who has the odd color dot ball.

The beauty of this effect lies in the fact that the mentalist never goes near or touches the bag containing the balls from the very beginning till the end of the effect. Also the mentalist never moves from his place when making his prediction. Moreover the spectators themselves don't know what color dot ball they picked.

I am sure you will agree that this is one of the finest & totally Hands-Off Kurotsuke kind effect.

Happy thinking!! :) ;)
(The effect can be made (by the DIYers :) for about 20 Dollars. Also the method used opens the doors to may other possible effects - Imagination will be your only limiting factor).

Please Note: For this effect I am making use of an already know prop.

[b]Back on Topic please.[/b]

[b][i]For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.[/i][/b] - Author Unknown
[/quote]

hmmmm....that's quite baffling Narendra. :)
Ok. I have received permission from Jeremy to reveal that I OWN the effect (as well as the soon to be released version 2) and regularly use it before lay audiences. It is exactly what was seen at MindVention.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Now I believe.

Wow, the effects sound good. Good work Jeremy.
Why does one need permission to admit the Own said 'Effect'? it's not revealing 'Method' why the secrecy in 'Owning' an effect?

And whilst I concur, some effects should be kept out of the 'Non-Professionals' Hand, then don't release it a'tall, this charging an enormous amount of notes for a trick that no one can even know about unless they purchase it is rubbish,

if your 'Method' is that superior then don't release it, and if you choose to release it then give the people a chance to know the conditions before hand especially at an astronomical price as it is
So, dare I ask when and to whom might the version 2 be available?
I notice that there is an empty page for it on the shockdoc website...

Incidentally, I listened to the iTricks episode in question. It may not matter, but in the description that Jamie gives, he names the card, and someone else names the number.

The full quote is something along the lines of "It's either a gigantic scam that everyone is in on, or Jeremy Weiss has the best card trick of all time."

The mystery continues...
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 19:47, Darth_Prime wrote:
Why does one need permission to admit the Own said 'Effect'? it's not revealing 'Method' why the secrecy in 'Owning' an effect?

And whilst I concur, some effects should be kept out of the 'Non-Professionals' Hand, then don't release it a'tall, this charging an enormous amount of notes for a trick that no one can even know about unless they purchase it is rubbish,

if your 'Method' is that superior then don't release it, and if you choose to release it then give the people a chance to know the conditions before hand especially at an astronomical price as it is
[/quote]

You sign a non disclosure agreement. Everyone who buys a product likes this knows what they are agreeing to before they buy it
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 19:47, Darth_Prime wrote:

[/quote]

There really is no such restriction. The only condition was for owners not to discuss the effect on public forums. When I said I got permission from Jeremy to state that I owned the effect, I really should have said that I confirmed with Jeremy that the restriction didn't mean that we couldn't say we owned it.

I don't understand the rest of your post as all of the purchasers knew in advance exactly what the effect was and exactly how it appeared to an audience.

I understand that original purchasers will be receiving (or have already received) Version 2 free of charge. Jeremy hasn't decided yet if it will be made available to others.

Good thoughts,

Bob
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 15:50, edh wrote:

hmmmm....that's quite baffling Narendra. :)
[/quote]

And it plays EXACTLY as per the stringent conditions. There is NO mincing of words in the conditions laid down.

[b]Back on - 'The holy grail exists?'[/b] ;)

I mentioned earlier that I had this and was chuffed. I am astounded that V2 is even better. I didn't think it possible but Jeremy HAS done it. Thank you J for sending me this. I would have happily paid all over again. In fact, PM me with your favorite charity, please!
Jeremy has given me permission to acknowledge ownership, that's all. I am NOT ALLOWED to say anymore.

Benny
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 17:15, mastermindreader wrote:

[b]Ok. I have received permission from Jeremy to reveal that I OWN the effect (as well as the soon to be released version 2) . . .[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2011-05-24 23:24, Ben Harris wrote:

[b]* Jeremy has given me permission to acknowledge ownership, that's all. I am NOT ALLOWED to say anymore.[/b]
[/quote]

Ah, so this EXCLUSIVE effect (the so called HOLY GRAIL) is shared with the EXCLUSIVE few - OK, understandable. :) ;)

And so is, MY not so EXCLUSIVE effects are shared with the exclusive COMMON few - Obviously understandable!!! :) ;)

. . . continue please :exclaim:

P.S. Waiting for OTHERS to also own up. OWN UP please! ;)
I blame Paul Carnazzo for even revealing the shockdoc sale sit to begin with....
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 17:15, mastermindreader wrote:
Ok. I have received permission from Jeremy to reveal that I OWN the effect (as well as the soon to be released version 2) and regularly use it before lay audiences. It is exactly what was seen at MindVention.

Good thoughts,

Bob
[/quote]

This doesn't prove anything! Just by saying you own the effect, we should believe you? Come on... Please show a video of you performing the effect, and then we talk again.
Frankly, Dorian, I couldn't care less if you believe me or not.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 00:53, jeremysweiss wrote:

I blame Paul Carnazzo for even revealing the shockdoc sale sit to begin with....
[/quote]

If one decides to keep their exclusive arsenal of created magic/ mentalism to themselves and take it to their graves, then how does one expect the new generation to grow?

I believe, and so would you, that for knowledge to grow it MUST be shared.

Look at list of some of the GREAT mentalists who have shared & continue to share not only with the exclusive few but with the common’s as well:-

Alexander, Theodore Annemann, Banachek, Keith Barry, Guy Bavli, David Berglas, Haim Goldenberg, Derren Brown, Kuda Bux, Bob Cassidy, Chan Canasta, Corinda, Joseph Dunninger, Mark Edward, Max Maven, Glenn Falkenstein, Uri Geller, The Amazing Kreskin, Al Koran, Max Maven, Gerry McCambridge, Mysterion the Mind Reader, Richard Osterlind, Marc Paul, The Piddingtons, The Zancigs, [b]and the list goes on & on . . .[/b] have, over the years, unselfishly shared their ideas/ effects/ routines/ performances and most importantly their experiences.

[b]Just MY personal opinion![/b]

Thank you. And once again . . . continue please! ;)

P.S. This thread has taken an interesting turn.
I do not understand this discussion...if Jeremy decides to sell it this way at this price it is absolutely his choice...
I would be happy to purchase one of V2
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 02:34, EricDraven wrote:

[b]I do not understand this discussion...[/b]
[/quote]

There is hardly anything to discuss, but we continue to bash on regardless . . .! ;) :)

Let’s call it a day. Goodnight all. :)

:napping:

Yes, the disrespect and arrogance is amazing. But, it's an internet forum--thus par for the course.

Benny
Benny you say you own the effect can you put up ademo for all of us to see.
and don't say you can/t because of respect to Jeremy.
I don't want the seceret I just want to see it performed by you
vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 05:55, Ben Harris wrote:
Yes, the disrespect and arrogance is amazing. But, it's an internet forum--thus par for the course.

Benny
[/quote]

Benny, as you said, we are on open forum, everyone express his opinion.
I am always very skeptic. In this particular case, I don't see a reason to talk about this effect, due Jeremy doesn't want any disclosure about a description or video demo.
The effect is also "sold out".
Now, my question is: "Why Jeremy talks about of his new effect if no one can say anything about that?"

My conclusion is: "Dirty advertisement"

Obvious that it is just my conclusion.

MP
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 06:38, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

Benny
[/quote]

I am always very skeptic. In this particular case, I don't see a reason to talk about this effect, due Jeremy doesn't want any disclosure about a description or video demo.
Now, my question is: "Why Jeremy talks about of his new effect if no one can say anything about that?"

MP
[/quote]

You seem to be put off because the first version was sold out. However, he is now going to offer the second version that is even better for sale. As for everyone asking for a demo---why should Jeremy post one? He is only selling 15 and quite frankly he doesn't care what the doubters think. He doesn't need to post a demo.
Here's the way the video notion would go down:

I, or someone else, puts up a video of the effect in performance. People watch it. Then the posts start appearing on the Café-

"That doesn't prove anything! Those people were stooges or it was all p**-s*** or creative editing. Why should we believe that? Just another dirty advertisement! Bah! I don't want those grapes anyway!"

Bob
PS - Version 2 isn't actually "better" than the original, it's just a different approach.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 09:12, mastermindreader wrote:
Here's the way the video notion would go down:

I, or someone else, puts up a video of the effect in performance. People watch it. Then the posts start appearing on the Café-

"That doesn't prove anything! Those people were stooges or it was all p**-s*** or creative editing. Why should we believe that? Just another dirty advertisement! Bah! I don't want those grapes anyway!"

Bob
PS - Version 2 isn't actually "better" than the original, it's just a different approach.
[/quote]

What I don't understand is: "The Version isn't actually "better" than the original one.." and is this message for us?
The reader cannot say anything. The only persons that can comment what you have written are: Benny, you and Jeremy.

A video demo or just a description gives the possibility to comment it writing their opinion.
Someone could write the effect looks so impossible that the only explanation is using a stooge, but without anything
I continue to say that this thread doesn't make sense.

Just my opinion.

MP
My comment about V2 not necessarily being better than the original was in response to a statement to that effect made a few posts back.

Personally, I agree with you that this thread doesn't make sense, since owners of the effect (which is no longer available) have signed non-disclosure agreements.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Just I want to add something that I forgot first:

Maybe the only way reason to post a video demo is to avoid the reverse engineering,
but if it is so good I believe the reverse engineering is impossible:

Look this video, it looks like the Jeremy version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXjNJG0rZc Try to perform a revere engineering of this effect explaining the exact method... I believe you are not able to answer this question. The only answer (the obvious answer) will be that the girl is a stooge, but is there anther clever solution?

MP
Expalin how can a second version be better than the Grail
what a buch of bull.
common Benny put up a demo of you doing it, if you do, I will take your word that there is no stooge....
but like MP says there is another way
vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 11:27, vinsmagic wrote:
what a buch of bull.
common Benny put up a demo of you doing it, if you do, I will take your word that there is no stooge....
vinny
[/quote]

If you will take his word that there are no stooges, why will you not take his word that the effect is as Jeremy's describes?
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 11:27, vinsmagic wrote:
what a buch of bull.
vinny
[/quote]

A "bunch of bull"? I clearly stated that V2 is not "better." Perhaps you should have read my posts a bit more closely.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 10:38, entermagic wrote:
Just I want to add something that I forgot first:

Maybe the only way reason to post a video demo is to avoid the reverse engineering,
but if it is so good I believe the reverse engineering is impossible:

Look this video, it looks like the Jeremy version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXjNJG0rZc Try to perform a revere engineering of this effect explaining the exact method... I believe you are not able to answer this question. The only answer (the obvious answer) will be that the girl is a stooge, but is there anther clever solution?

MP
[/quote]

Psychic powers is my solution.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 06:52, brehaut wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 06:38, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

Benny
[/quote]

MP
[/quote]

You seem to be put off because the first version was sold out. However, he is now going to offer the second version that is even better for sale. As for everyone asking for a demo---why should Jeremy post one? He is only selling 15 and quite frankly he doesn't care what the doubters think. He doesn't need to post a demo.
[/quote]

To the extent my post caused any confusion, I apologize. I have no basis to say the 2nd version is better. My main point was why post a demo? There is more than sufficient demand to sell 15 of the either the first or 2nd version without a demo
First of all why would you need a second version when the holy grail exists.
and I do not know Jeremy but io do know Benny and I would like him to perform ther effe4ct .
Ok, Mastermind you know the effect then can you put up a demo.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 15:42, vinsmagic wrote:
First of all why would you need a second version when the holy grail exists.
and I do not know Jeremy but io do know Benny and I would like him to perform ther effe4ct .
Ok, Mastermind you know the effect then can you put up a demo.
[/quote]

No Vinny, he won't put a demo... He wants to keep the "effect" (if it is real!) jealously for himself. And also, I think a demo would not add something to what we are discussing here: we would see a card and a number named, and then the card found at this number, without the deck being touched. That's all.
There are so many ways to achieve a perfect ACAAN elsewhere :)
If you don't think it exists or its some kind of ruse, then just leave it be...

no one is going to indulge you I don't think...and as bob said, you'll just get people saying "ah...its just a mo, larry and curly..."

so why waste your time? what's the big deal in trying to prove/not prove it?
I don't understand all of the animosity here. If it doesn't appeal to you based on the limited information that has been shared about it or the price, move along. Why would you continue to visit and post in a thread about a product you don't own, haven't seen, have no interest in owning (either due to the limited amount of information available about it or the price), and that may not even be available to purchase!?! What's the fascination for you? The comments of people in here make me feel like I'm in kindergarten all over again. Oh no, one of the other boys has a shiny new toy that you don't have--are you going to hurl rocks at him out of jealousy or go back and play with the toys you already have? Jeremy has had no trouble selling his products by imparting just the minimal information that he has imparted, so why would he go out of his way to cheapen the secrecy of those products by posting a demo? If those are things that matter to you, you are obviously not the target audience.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 16:02, doriancaudal wrote:

No Vinny, he won't put a demo... He wants to keep the "effect" (if it is real!) jealously for himself.
[/quote]

Let's see - 57 eBooks, 2 hardcovers, 3 DVDs... yeah, I guess I do "jealously" keep stuff to myself.

Unbelievable.
Sorry Vinny,

For the reasons stated above, a video demo is out of the question.

1. It is not mine to bandy about in such a manner.
2. Don't think me rude, BUT -- I don't just drop everything I'm doing and film demos in order to TRY and satisfy folk in "forum-land." I have a life.
3. A demo would prove nothing. Everyone will just say, "he must be doing this, he must be doing that..."

You already KNOW what the effect looks like, just imagine the PERFECT set of conditions in you mind. That's what it looks like.

I don't agree 100% with Bob. I think V2 is a little bit better. Sure, Bob is right (he usually is) in that it's just a little different to the first. However, I find this slight tweak highly valuable. But that's just me.

Benny
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 17:05, Ben Harris wrote:

I don't agree 100% with Bob. I think V2 is a little bit better. Sure, Bob is right (he usually is) in that it's just a little different to the first. However, I find this slight tweak highly valuable. But that's just me.

Benny
[/quote]

Yes... Now, the thread is ok. This thread is just for Benny, Bob and Jeremy. No one could say anything a lot of mistery,
but, maybe this is the Jeremy's goal. ;-)

Just a simple question for Benny:

You said: "You already KNOW what the effect looks like, just imagine the PERFECT set of conditions in you mind. That's what it looks like."

For me the perfect version is this effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXjNJG0rZc

what are the differences between Jeremy and this last one?

MP
What started this whole debate is that the site when originally posted had these wonderous, miraculous effects that were priced in the thousands. Unfortunately they were coincidentally all sold out. :(

This led to the question as to whether they existed at all, as no one came forward to say they had owned any of the effects.

So far only two of the countless people who have bought these "sold out" effects have come forward.

hmmmmm
[quote]
This thread is just for Benny, Bob and Jeremy.
[/quote]

That's an odd statement to make being that a) none of them started the thread, nor asked the original poster to start it, and b) none of them actually want the added attention this thread is bringing to this highly limited release that is sold out. I believe this thread is much more for those who are curious about the effect than for those three.
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice."
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 17:47, cpbartak wrote:
[quote]
This thread is just for Benny, Bob and Jeremy.
[/quote]

That's an odd statement to make being that a) none of them started the thread, nor asked the original poster to start it, and b) none of them actually want the added attention this thread is bringing to this highly limited release that is sold out. I believe this thread is much more for those who are curious about the effect than for those three.
[/quote]

Maybe there is a misunderstanding here... What I tried to say was that only Bob, Jeremy and Benny, can talk about this effect.

MP
The buyers paid for exclusivity, why would they want others talking about it? Isn't that the whole point when you buy a highly limited effect and a non-disclosure agreement is used? I haven't seen a demo of the Coin Menagerie, nor do I see anyone talking about. And that;s the way Armando seems to want it.
THE EFFECT CAN NOT BE DONE PERDIOD AS STATED.....
Benny you don't have time,,, you have a life yet you are on this forum daily..
it WASN'T FOLKS THAT ASKED FOR ADEMO0 IT WAS ME..
BOB I Wasn't Asking for your life history I have three dvds as well big deal.
this is a public forum and I as a magician not a mentalist have a right to ask questions good or bad.
if Jeremy had the holy grail he WOULD not share IT WITH ANYONE PERIOD
andif he did it would be priceless
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 17:58, cpbartak wrote:
The buyers paid for exclusivity, why would they want others talking about it? Isn't that the whole point when you buy a highly limited effect and a non-disclosure agreement is used? I haven't seen a demo of the Coin Menagerie, nor do I see anyone talking about. And that;s the way Armando seems to want it.
[/quote]

No-disclosure means that Jeremy has to ask the moderator to remove all the threads on this forum where is present a reference to his effect.

Just my opinion.

MP
Vinny, that's your opinion, and with respect - nothing more...

getting angry over something you guys will simply never see (well, I doubt you ever will) is more than a little futile...
[quote]

No-disclosure means that Jeremy has to ask the moderator to remove all the threads on this forum where is present a reference to his effect.

[/quote]

A non-disclosure agreement in this case is whatever the two parties agreed to. I've signed such an agreement in the past. There were specific guidelines listed as to what the seller believed constituted exposure and that he wrote up as such. By signing it, I agreed not to engage in the activities listed. I'm sure most non-disclosure agreements are the same way--they are stipulated by the seller--and I don't see how you know what guidelines were contained in the agreement between the two parties in this instance.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 17:59, vinsmagic wrote:
THE EFFECT CAN NOT BE DONE PERDIOD AS STATED.....
Benny you don't have time,,, you have a life yet you are on this forum daily..
it WASN'T FOLKS THAT ASKED FOR ADEMO0 IT WAS ME..
BOB I Wasn't Asking for your life history I have three dvds as well big deal.
this is a public forum and I as a magician not a mentalist have a right to ask questions good or bad.
if Jeremy had the holy grail he WOULD not share IT WITH ANYONE PERIOD
andif he did it would be priceless
[/quote]

Oh well, Vinnie. You're wrong.

As far as the "life" history goes - I mentioned a low estimate of my publised material as a response to entermagic's statement that I "jealously" don't share.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 17:45, edh wrote:
What started this whole debate is that the site when originally posted had these wonderous, miraculous effects that were priced in the thousands. Unfortunately they were coincidentally all sold out. :(

This led to the question as to whether they existed at all, as no one came forward to say they had owned any of the effects.

So far only two of the countless people who have bought these "sold out" effects have come forward.

hmmmmm
[/quote]

Hmmmmm....
https://sites.google.com/site/shockdocmagic/home/the-ghost

I think there is a review of that effect.

With regard to ACAAN...this whole convsation is idiotic. People say, "there is no such thing". Fine, two very well respected people have come forward saying they own it, several well-respected people have come forward saying they have seen it (one who is a very well respected magic reviewer and columnist).

Ok, I admit it. The whole thing is a total scam--I MADE IT UP. Its all in your imagination. I concede. Entermagic, edh and sock puppet monkey are the most knowledgable people on this forum. We can't pull the wool over your eyes. Darn it, can't get one past you guys or Vinnie. I am so sorry I tried. I bow to your greatness. Let's all follow in their footsteps because they have contributed so much to this art we call "Mentalism" (or "magic" or whatever you want to call it). Or, maybe I am being sarcastic right now?

Well, now that THAT is all cleared up and I have confessed my sins, maybe all the haters can now move along and leave us conspiring, sneaks alone to discuss things nicely, politely and without the exposure this site promulgates. Personally, I wish the haters spent more time worrying about protecting good secrets rather than reverse engineering them and then dissing them with:
"Gee, nobody could have thought of THAT!"

"Oh, but friend, you didn't."

"Duuuuh, well, so what...anybody could have thought of that! It is so obvious and transparent!"

"But you didn't think of it."

"Right, but I COULD HAVE!"

This whole thing disgusts me. I wish none of this had ever been posted. It doesn't really matter anyway since I've decided that Version2 will only be available to original purchasers for the time being. Maybe sometime in the foreseeable future, I will put out V.2.
It seems that people are saying just because THEY can't believe it, there's no possible way such a method exists.

It seems quite clear that no demo will be posted; deal with it. Repeatedly asking and begging won't get you anything.
I certainly believe that this effect exists (and I definitely trust the opinions of the owners who posted) and I'd rather be left with the mystery.
Prace no one is begging,,,,,,,,, if you think it exsists then you believe in the toot fairy
no demo will posted because it can't be done.
I just want them to tell the truth ,,,, so you deal with it.
"People who say it can't be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

People thought so many things couldn't be done in magic and in the general history of the world.
And yes, I believe certain people are begging in these forums. And sure, I believe in the "toot" fairy.
I have never disrespected Jeremy or Bob I believe Jeremy hyas a method but it is not as stated.
. I think like amagician. and I say it cant be done it is atrick and not the grail
Jeremy just stated it was a scam...so move on people!

This thread is childish.
It has great value Cozmo.

Guess it depends who you are as to what you take from it.

J ack

H.o.A-X
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 20:08, vinsmagic wrote:
Prace no one is begging,,,,,,,,, if you think it exsists then you believe in the toot fairy
no demo will posted because it can't be done.
I just want them to tell the truth ,,,, so you deal with it.
[/quote]

The effect exists. It can be done. I did it. People saw it. Other people have used the method. But none of that matters because, I doubt seeing it with your own eyes would convince you. Even if I made a video, you'd say it was a fake (stooged or switched or whatever). So, I cannot argue with you. I can never win. Which is fine by me. My purpose in life will not go unfullfilled because I didn't convince the ignorati on this forum.

Meanwhile,Jat leastone person was ****ed off with me for even showing the effect at MindVention. The more it is seen, discussed, etc., the more it devalues the secret. In that sense, they are totally right. When MOAB came out, it was heavily guarded by the 13 for ten years. Now, it is in every yahoo's repetoire. So I wish everyone would just move along. I am not out to make a buck off of you. I am not pulling some sort of "bait and switch"--which I have been accused of. Because, I am not selling it to you. So, stop bothering me.

Jeremy

P.s. The word "nobody" in my last post, should read "anybody". Dang autocorrect.
Ok Jeremy if you say you can do it I do believe you.
what I am also saying, if the pack is shuffled by the spectator then a card and nummber is named, then the card falls at that number this can not be done. ( only by chance)
however you my have a method that is pretty close to this or looks like it to the audience but not what I just stated.
this is all I am saying I am very easy to fool this is why I love magic
I will not be on this thread again and I am sorry if I have offended you or anyone else
vinny
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 25, 2011 10:45PM)
Jeremy,

I was originally a skeptic but now that Ben and Bob have come forward I'm now a believer. Add me to the list of people who are intrigued and wish they have the opportunity to see it performed live. My apologies for adding to your frustration with this thread.

SPM
As most magicians and mentalists have spent many hours working on this and have not come up with the grail acaan. Most have found their own method that works best for them. Since this effect is not being sold to the public,and is already sold out. Who cares what they were willing to pay. You can't have it and unless things change I cant't either. OH WELL.
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 21:26, Jim-Callahan wrote:
It has great value Cozmo.

Guess it depends who you are as to what you take from it.

J ack

H.o.A-X
[/quote]

Jim,

You are so right....

David
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 21:46, jeremysweiss wrote:

I doubt seeing it with your own eyes would convince you.

[/quote]

If I see the video, I am able to say 100% if the effect is possible or not.
I am able to say, if it is possible or not, just you write a description.

Example 1:

Your performance is:

1. A spectator shuffles the deck. (Any method)
2. As he has done, (the deck is always in his hands) you ask him to
name a card and a number
(free choice)
3. The spectator counts the cards and his card is at his named number.

This performance is impossible.

Ex 2.

1. The spectator shuffle the deck.
2. You ask him to name a card and a number
3. The spectator finishes to shuffle the deck
4. You ask him to count the cards....

This version could be possible, all depends from the point 1. I know
also a method and this method is also on the market.

Ex. 3

1. The spectator shuffles the deck.
2. You ask him to name a number and to look through the deck in order
to remember one
3. You ask him to count thee cards....

This version is possible and I know many versions. A variant of these
can be performed also
on the webchat (In this case you don't see the deck too)

Ex 4.

1. The spectator shuffles the deck.
2. You ask him to name a number
3. You ask to verify if deck is regular (For example: if he has 52 cards)
4. As the spectator performs this check you ask him also to remember a card.
5. As he has done ask him to count at his named number and his card
will be there.

This effect is possible (it is selfworking) but it is not 100%.

In few words the effect is impossible just in the first Example or better
it could be still possible, but the inside the description is missed something.

A demo is useful to make you believable or if you don't want any disclosure
the best thing is to ask to close this thread.

MP

PS. What I have written abovve is true if the deck is a regular (borrowed) and the performance is full impromptu.
Entermagic

AGAIN we run into a problem with your description of the "perfect" ACAAN. Why would a MENTALIST shuffle the cards before the ACAAN starts? This would explain the method as a MAGIC TRICK. MAGICALLY the card found its way to that position.

Since we are in a MENTALIST section....I would suggest you NOT shuffle the cards and EXPLAIN to the crowd that you have PLACED a card at a CERTAIN number. This can and SHOULD be used as a double prediction effect.

I don't see how "shuffling" the cards can make the effect any less or more amazing or impossible. The difference is in what a "Magician" would do, and what a "Mentalist" would do.
[quote]
On 2011-05-26 04:31, Cozmo D wrote:
Entermagic

AGAIN we run into a problem with your description of the "perfect" ACAAN. Why would a MENTALIST shuffle the cards before the ACAAN starts? This would explain the method as a MAGIC TRICK. MAGICALLY the card found its way to that position.

Since we are in a MENTALIST section....I would suggest you NOT shuffle the cards and EXPLAIN to the crowd that you have PLACED a card at a CERTAIN number. This can and SHOULD be used as a double prediction effect.

I don't see how "shuffling" the cards can make the effect any less or more amazing or impossible. The difference is in what a "Magician" would do, and what a "Mentalist" would do.
[/quote]

Just I used the Jeremy description in order to build some possible sequence of events.

MP
What is the point in playing this game?

If the trick exists then if falls straight in to his marketing plan.
If the trick doesn't exist then it falls straight in to his marketing plan.

Either way, he is hardly going to reveal the method in this thread, nor indeed it seems provide any other sort of meaningful information. I am struggling to see the VALUE in this thread - and providing VALUE is the number one rule of marketing in social environments.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 26, 2011 11:34AM)
Mr. Weiss is a Harvard trained physician who has a background in the side shows. He's thoughtfully merged these very divergent interests and created a very interesting/powerful stage persona. Add in that he runs with people like Weber, Cassidy, Harris and others and the mystique grows and grows. In the good old days of the sideshow people were told all manner of stories about what was on the other side of the curtain. The hype was slick and well rehearsed. In the end, most people left somewhat confused or disappointed by what they saw as they were rushed through the exhibit and they only got to witness the other side after they had paid their money. There were some who were impressed/amazed/disgusted by what they saw and so the legend grew as their stories were told.

The inner circle of these folk have a huge self-interest in perpetuating the myth of what's on the other side of the curtain. That's understandable as this is how Jeremy makes some of his money. As magicians many (all?) of us are guilty of seeking that Holy Grail. After all it's what drew us to magic in the first place. We only have to look at our cupboards and magic storage rooms to see the broken dreams of so many Holy Grails. We all know that the Holy Grail that is ACAAN simply isn't possible in it's purest form. All have a trade off at some point in the handling. I would think that Jeremy has done an excellent job in his presentation/handling of his ACAAN such that it appears that the conditions for the Grail exist. I think I would feel better about this whole thing if Jeremy acknowledged that fact. To not do so comes across as "Holier than Thou"... Still, why would he want to do so? All of this mystique adds to his persona as a brilliant magical thinker and why would one want to undo that. I recently met Jeremy in passing at a Max Maven workshop in Seattle, although I don't believe we introduced ourselves. It was a group conversation of magicians during the break and I very much enjoyed what Jeremy had to say about the topic at hand. He presented as a very knowledgeable and charismatic person who many of us would enjoy speaking with. I left with the impression that he was a very deep magical thinker who's work I would benefit from studying.

SPM
SPM thank you for sharing this information. I never herd of Jeremy before this post. I said earlier that I would not respond to this post again, however after hearing your story I want t to appologize to Jeremy personally and to BOB who I have always respected.

vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-26 12:34, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
.... In the end, most people left somewhat confused or disappointed by what they saw as they were rushed through the exhibit and they only got to witness the other side after they had paid their money. There were some who were impressed/amazed/disgusted by what they saw and so the legend grew as their stories were told.

The inner circle of these folk have a huge self-interest in perpetuating the myth of what's on the other side of the curtain. That's understandable as this is how Jeremy makes some of his money.
[/quote]

I disagree. Most people did not leave confused / disappointed and were not rushed through anything. They could stay as long as they liked. That is usually part of the bally. The money I make is both irrelevant, and a pittance (Net does not equal gross).

[quote]
..... We all know that the Holy Grail that is ACAAN simply isn't possible in it's purest form. All have a trade off at some point in the handling. I would think that Jeremy has done an excellent job in his presentation/handling of his ACAAN such that it appears that the conditions for the Grail exist. I think I would feel better about this whole thing if Jeremy acknowledged that fact.
[/quote]

I don't understand why that would make you feel better.

[quote]

All of this mystique adds to his persona as a brilliant magical thinker and why would one want to undo that. I recently met Jeremy in passing at a Max Maven workshop in Seattle, although I don't believe we introduced ourselves. It was a group conversation of magicians during the break and I very much enjoyed what Jeremy had to say about the topic at hand. He presented as a very knowledgeable and charismatic person who many of us would enjoy speaking with. I left with the impression that he was a very deep magical thinker who's work I would benefit from studying.

SPM
[/quote]

I will take the compliments for sure! But I am neither a "brilliant" nor a "deep" magical thinker.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 26, 2011 04:48PM)
To clarify my previous post...I went to a "sideshow" a couple of times over the years and that was the experience that I recall having. Obviously I can't extrapolate my experiences to the rest of the herd. As for my comments about the ACAAN I believe that we must acknowledge that all forms of ACAAN have some trade off and there is work to be done. It sounds like you're handling/psychological subtleties are such that you've left a very strong impact upon people like Jaimie, DMoses, Eric Samuels and others. Still, something has to be done in order for the freely chosen card to be at the freely chosen number. Some trade offs might include when the deck is actually on the table, can the cards be dealt face up and so on. As for my compliments you should at least agree with me on one of my points!! LOL

SPM
I am violating no confidences by stating what should be obvious to anyone- Yes, Jeremy's effect is a trick - there is a distinct and original method used. Some of the posters here seem to have the impression that "Holy Grail" must mean that there is no trickery involved. That's not the case at all. "Holy Grail" is used here simply as a synonym for "The Ideal."

So, yes, Sock Puppet Monkey, "something" must be done to accomplish the effect. The particular "something" is a combination of lateral thinking, novel technology, and a unique (and virtually invisible) 'move' that I believe is completely original with Jeremy.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 26, 2011 08:47PM)
It sounds more and more brilliant all the time. Thanks for sharing Bob!

SPM
[quote]
On 2011-05-26 19:05, mastermindreader wrote:

[b]* Yes, Jeremy's effect is a trick - there is a distinct and original method used.

* . . . something" must be done to accomplish the effect. The particular "something" is a combination of lateral thinking, novel technology, and a unique (and virtually invisible) 'move' that I believe is completely original with Jeremy.[/b]
[/quote]

Thank you Sir! That should hopefully quench the anxiety of many.

Best regards,

Narendra

[quote]
I am violating no confidences by stating what should be obvious to anyone- Yes, Jeremy's effect is a trick - there is a distinct and original method used. Some of the posters here seem to have the impression that "Holy Grail" must mean that there is no trickery involved. That's not the case at all. "Holy Grail" is used here simply as a synonym for "The Ideal."

So, yes, Sock Puppet Monkey, "something" must be done to accomplish the effect. The particular "something" is a combination of lateral thinking, novel technology, and a unique (and virtually invisible) 'move' that I believe is completely original with Jeremy.

Good thoughts,

Bob
[/quote]

Can you say us if the effect looks like one of the possible performance described above?

MP
Does not your friend Monello not have an Open prediction or Any card at number that he does not want to sell?? Perhaps you should be more understanding.
[quote]
On 2011-05-27 05:07, Markymark wrote:
Does not your friend Monello not have an Open prediction or Any card at number that he does not want to sell?? Perhaps you should be more understanding.
[/quote]

Yes, but Tommy's version is not for sale and there is not a Criminal Induction 2 with a big price like 2400$ and aside this you can see also a demo.

MP
If it was as good as people think it is then there would have been a video demo of it by now. that's what I did with AOCAAN; as a result people spotted small segments of the method, but not the whole, which in the end gave the thing more credibility I think. The only reasons I can imagine for not wanting to publish a video of the effect is:

1. The effect is so amazing it would make all other performers feel inferior and commit suicide upon merely watching it.

2. It would be 'decoded' and 'deconstructed' by the brilliant minds of fellow performers.

3. It is not as brilliant as the description makes it out to be, for example it has some further dealing or extra shuffles, or "off by one" or something that makes it LESS than ideal.

All this is reinforced by the fact that the effect is NOT ideal. There is a new version of it coming out I believe; which means that obviously the first one must have had some flaws at least. Having said all that, this effect has gained so much hype that I have a certain degree of respect for jeremysweiss.

Jeremy if I ever do get the chance to meet you in real life, then I will happily pay you £100 ($160) just to see a single performance of this effect. Curiosity may kill me one day :P
Criminal induction by Tommy is perhaps one of the best effects I have seen to date and I have no clue;
Just wait for Richard Kaufman book, and you will have the most powerful ACAAN version you have ever witnessed! :)
[quote]
On 2011-05-27 06:35, Thomas Cooper wrote:
...Jeremy if I ever do get the chance to meet you in real life, then I will happily pay you £100 ($160) just to see a single performance of this effect. Curiosity may kill me one day :P
[/quote]

Going to MindVention this year? (I am not sure if I am, yet...)
Vinny, and Ustaad have commented on this particular effect.

I will have to bow down to both of these two gentleman. They know what their talking about.

I have gotten instructions from both Vinnny and Ustaad. And for that I'm thankful.
But what has been discribed in the above posts is impossible.

In my opinoin it is not only impossible but it is a scam!!!!!!

why else would the miraculous effects be "SOLD OUT" and the regular effects be for sale.

I'm disappointed in Mr.Cassidiy that he would support such a deal. I'm also disappointed that
Well, edh, just because YOU think it's impossible does not make it so.

Closed a $5000.00 gig with Jeremy's effect last night! Thanks Jeremy! It KILLED as usual!

Benny
Benny tell the truth Bob already stated that it is a combination of novel thinking modern technichology and a special move
so it that like the grail but no the grail lol be honest

benny a man of your talents should be embarassed using someone elses effect to make 5 grand. what was jeremy's, cut
[quote]

Good thoughts,

Bob
[/quote]

...and now I reveal everyone the secret.

Jeremy worked for years in a Top Secret project called Manatthan (I have found it in the Weaky Leaks Files)
and in an experiment they have discovered the Time Machine and method to stop the time. He created
a small device (Time Lock Machine: TLM) that he uses in his effect. In his ACAAN he stops the time
and then he puts the named card at named number Et Voila' :)

2400$ is the cost for this small device.

LOL LOL :)

Without the Star Trek Technologie, the effect, as described on the Jeremy website, is impossible.
Peraphs, if I see a performance I will change mind.

He doesn't show his effect for many reasons:

1. The effect sounds impossible, but if you see it, you can understand the secret.
2. The effect doesn't exist.
3. The website started as joke and now it is out of his control. Now is better to believe that this effect exists.
4. Create a damage to David Berglas with his new Book. (This explains why Jeremy puts his second version just now!)

(_Louis Cipher_)
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (May 28, 2011 02:32AM)
Hmm, - in other words:

[list][i]"What I don't understand doesn't exit!"[/i][/list]

It seems to me that it's a noble companionship of astronomers, mathematicians, scientists etc. in human history who were confronted with exactly this perspective. From my point of view, being part of this circle can be easily perceived as an appreciation of performance.
So congratulations, Jeremy! :)

Cheers
Th.
Well put, Thomas.

Bob
[quote]
On 2011-05-27 22:08, edh wrote:

I will have to bow down to both of these two gentleman. They know what their talking about.

I have gotten instructions from both Vinnny and Ustaad. And for that I'm thankful.

why else would the miraculous effects be "SOLD OUT" and the regular effects be for sale.

I'm disappointed in Mr.Cassidiy that he would support such a deal. I'm also disappointed that
[/quote]

Sir---you have no evidence whatsoever that this effect is a scam. To the contrary, two of the most repected mentalists/magicians in the world have stated they have it, it is wonderful, and Mr. Harris even stated he used it last night! The reason it is sold out is simple---he limited its release and Mr. Weiss sold out. It is not rare in mentalism or magic to have limited releases so I am not sure why you jump to the conclusion that this is a "scam". Especially when people who have purchased the effect have come forward. I really am at a loss why all the venom regarding this effect. I for one salute Mr. Weiss.
Despite the cost of this effect, manners cost nothing...yet we have people on here being very rude and arrogant PURELY because they can't have/refuse to believe other people...

the magician brain is different to the mentalist brain...and will always be so...

please stop fishing, stop accusing good people of lying, and stop prattling on and on and on...
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 03:10, Louis Cipher wrote:
[quote]

Good thoughts,

Bob
[/quote]

...and now I reveal everyone the secret.

Jeremy worked for years in a Top Secret project called Manatthan (I have found it in the Weaky Leaks Files)
and in an experiment they have discovered the Time Machine and method to stop the time. He created
a small device (Time Lock Machine: TLM) that he uses in his effect. In his ACAAN he stops the time
and then he puts the named card at named number Et Voila' :)

2400$ is the cost for this small device.

LOL LOL :)

Without the Star Trek Technologie, the effect, as described on the Jeremy website, is impossible.
Peraphs, if I see a performance I will change mind.

He doesn't show his effect for many reasons:

1. The effect sounds impossible, but if you see it, you can understand the secret.
2. The effect doesn't exist.
3. The website started as joke and now it is out of his control. Now is better to believe that this effect exists.
4. Create a damage to David Berglas with his new Book. (This explains why Jeremy puts his second version just now!)

(_Louis Cipher_)
[/quote]

LOL TLM :)

MP
[quote]
On 2011-05-27 22:08, edh wrote:

[/quote]

By the way, I have to laugh. EDH must see scams wherever he looks. In the book section of the Café, he says that those buying the new Berglas book are "being taken for a ride." Interesting comment about a book he has not seen yet and a man who is a legend.
Why are there people demanding performance videos? Does every effect need to have a video? What about all the countless books, do they need to show the demo as well? If Jeremy does not want to release a video, he doesn't have to. It doesn't mean that the effect doesn't exist. Acutally, the fact that Mr. Cassidy and Mr. Harris came on here just to confirm that they have this effect) should be proof enough. What would be their motivation for lying?
A performance lets the person see the artist at work, the reactions of the audience
and is agreat learning tool. for those of us that can not be present at a live performance.
what does this have to do about lying.
It seems to me that mentalists believe they really have powers that we mortals do not have
Its a great way to reverse engineer an effect you cannot buy too...not say you in particular vinny, just saying it like it is...

you guys want to see a performance vid of something that costs thousands...would you post one up if you were one of the lucky/shrewd ones who bought it?
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 12:17, IAIN wrote:
Its a great way to reverse engineer an effect you cannot buy too...not say you in particular vinny, just saying it like it is...

you guys want to see a performance vid of something that costs thousands...would you post one up if you were one of the lucky/shrewd ones who bought it?
[/quote]

Please, let try to perform a reverse engineering about this effect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whCq-o2q2UM

It looks like the Jeremy description... If he doesn't match with this video then the description is false, because it is exactly what
Jeremy describes.

MP
You're suggesting that we reverse engineer someone's effect on a public forum? Unbelievable!
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 12:30, mastermindreader wrote:
You're suggesting that we reverse engineer someone's effect on a public forum? Unbelievable!
[/quote]

:) The mine is just a challenge, because to find the secret of this effect is impossible...

The only thing you can say that this is a fake video, but is this the real explanation? No one can answer this question!

I think a video demo for Jeremy ACAAN doesn't give away anything.

MP
Entermagic

You have just answered your own question!

If Jeremy posted a video...PEOPLE WOULD SAY THE SAME THING!

ARE YOU PEOPLE TAKING CRAZY PILLS?

GET A LIFE AND MOVE ON!!!!
Entermagic - you can post up any ACAAN presentation, and if I couldn't come up with a method, and didn't want to admit that - could say "well, its easy...STOOGE"

even if bob went off wearing a head-cam and grabbed someone "off the streets" and performed it - you could still say the same, even if it wasn't...

and for the final time, ACAAN is not truly The Berglas Effect...
I will take a shot at "reverse engineering" that youtube video...How long do you thing "Magicboy" and his girlfriend sat there in their kitchen and filmed this?

Does he sale this effect? If not...Why not?
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 12:23, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

It looks like the Jeremy description... If he doesn't match with this video then the description is false, because it is exactly what
Jeremy describes.

MP
[/quote]

STOOGE!

see, easy....
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 17:02, IAIN wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 12:23, entermagic wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Jeremy describes.

MP
[/quote]

STOOGE!

see, easy....
[/quote]

Well, this is the obvious solution, the same that I will say about the Jeremy version if I will see it, but is it the only solution?
Pay attention, I selected just this version of ACAAN and not another one, because this version matches exactly with the Jeremy description.

For this reason I believe a video demo doesn't give away anything, in worst case everyone will say that he uses a stooge (The obvious solution)
but at same time everyone will see what is the effect that Bob, Benny and Jeremy are talking about.

MP
Stop fishing for videos and explanations! If the man sells (excuse me, used to sell) the effect for $2400, it's his right. There is no requirement to post a video of an effect. I think it's pretty obvious now that it DOES EXIST, but maybe he wants it to be in the right hands. Isn't that the whole essense of magic/mentalism - that the secrets are kept secret? Besides, did I mention it's already SOLD OUT? If Jeremy posts the video, do you realize that all of the magicians can look it up and try to solve his coveted version of this effect, as if it's some puzzle!?
If he puts a video I will believe that this effect is real and not just a joke or better a dirty
advertisement for other cheaper effect. How many people believe that this effect is just a joke?

MP
Is this just because you always push acaan effects, and you don't like any competition? honestly...

you've proven my point by the way - by posting up a video, it does nothing, as you'll see a clean presentation and nothing else (but without some of the breaks you were holding)...
There is no competition all my versions are under Secret Session and for free.

...and come on... please back to real world... This effect doesn't exist, but
many people want to believe that a version as clean as possible exist.

You have seen the video that I posted and you said that he uses a STOOGE and this prove that you also don't believe in this super clean version.

MP
* facepalm *
*facepalm v2 done with stooges*
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 18:27, entermagic wrote:

You have seen the video that I posted and you said that he uses a STOOGE and this prove that you also don't believe in this super clean version.

MP
[/quote]

you have missed the point entirely, and maybe my alledged sense of humour doesn't translate well...i can't blame you for that...
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 03:32, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Hmm, - in other words:

[list][i]"What I don't understand doesn't exit!"[/i][/list]

It seems to me that it's a noble companionship of astronomers, mathematicians, scientists etc. in human history who were confronted with exactly this perspective. From my point of view, being part of this circle can be easily perceived as an appreciation of performance.
So congratulations, Jeremy! :)

Cheers
Th.
[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 18:45, IAIN wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 18:27, entermagic wrote:

MP
[/quote]

you have missed the point entirely, and maybe my alledged sense of humour doesn't translate well...i can't blame you for that...
[/quote]

Sorry, maybe the issue is my english, anyway my position is "very skeptic".

MP

ù
Things to consider:

very much doubt you'll ever see a video of this, especially on here
this was sold to pro's
so why should a pro jump through hoops over something that is no longer available, just to please two or three people who are calling them liars (basically)
some of us have been lucky enough to see it
jeremy has verfied what has gone on

I can understand it driving you crazy, but please remember these are human beings, and don't really deserve all this vitriol over the effect/performance...you are welcome to your opinion, but an opinion is not a fact.
Then why did a pro post on this site??
Mp is one of the most knowledgable maigicans on ACAAN AND HE KNOES WHAT HE IS TALING ABOUT. I believe Jeremey has a very powerful effect that is very similar to Acaan AND I FOR ONE WOULD LIKE TO A SEE HIM PERFORM IT, AS I INDICATED IN MY EARLIER POST.
aandf please don't say it will serve no purpose ...it will for me
vinny.
No need to shout, I'm not deaf...just a little myopic 'tis all...
Tommy (love his ACAAN work) has contacted me concerned that Jeremy's work may be close to his. He made references to someone at the Café (I'm assuming MP) who was INSISTING this to be the case. Tommy sent me through his private work just so I could confirm Yes or No.

I advised Tommy that his work, while FANTASTIC, is NOTHING like Jeremy's UNIQUE approach.

Quite frankly, I don't think ANYONE has approached the plot the WAY Jeremy has. That's what makes it unique.

So, MP, you can relax now. Neither you or Tommy have work that is in any way similar to Jeremy's. This news made Tommy very happy!

Benny
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 20:54, vinsmagic wrote:
Then why did a pro post on this site??
[/quote]

Neither Jeremy nor I started these threads about his effect.

Best-

Bob
Yes I know that but I assume the person who started the thread is a working pro
this is all I am saying
vinny
Iain yes I shouted because what I have said about a demo has went upon deaf ears
If the guys have the Holy Grail...Con grats to them!
Myself, I hope they do !

If the guys are giving patter/script on the effect...Con grats to them!

To most, this is going to be viewed as a trick anyway...A "KILLER TRICK" but a trick.

The rest of us...need to let it go !

-G
[quote]
On 2011-05-28 21:20, Ben Harris wrote:
Tommy (love his ACAAN work) has contacted me concerned that Jeremy's work may be close to his. He made references to someone at the Café (I'm assuming MP) who was INSISTING this to be the case. Tommy sent me through his private work just so I could confirm Yes or No.

I advised Tommy that his work, while FANTASTIC, is NOTHING like Jeremy's UNIQUE approach.

Quite frankly, I don't think ANYONE has approached the plot the WAY Jeremy has. That's what makes it unique.

So, MP, you can relax now. Neither you or Tommy have work that is in any way similar to Jeremy's. This news made Tommy very happy!

Benny
[/quote]

Yes, I contacted him, but after his answer, my skepticism is grown.
How is it possible? A regular deck is shuffled. One card and one number is named (free choice) and this card is there?
The effect is identically to the video that I posted above and in my opinion either this version and the Jeremy ACAAN
are not real, because I can repeat this effect from myself and obviously it doesn't work.

Ok, I understood that my posts create just many problems and for this reason I stop here to write any other comment on this thread.

MP

ps. I tried the effect from myself and... d**n!!! also my deck is from the jeremy part. For pure chance it worked! :-(
[quote]
On 2011-05-29 02:06, entermagic wrote:

Yes, I contacted him, but after his answer, my skepticism is grown.
How is it possible?
[/quote]

Such a troll...
Jeremy Mp is frustated as many of us are, no need to call him a troll.
we all know that your effect exists but it is only for the chosen few. I will never get to see it or buy it because it is sold out.
I feel that this thread was only put up for promotional tactics , and to get your name out to the magic community.
vinny
Just seen a demo Of Russ Andrews Pschological one , completely hands off.
Russ is not afraid to show his work I have no clue on the methiod but who cares just seing it makes the jucies flow
vinny
Russ's handling is EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed it. he is a smart one.

Jeremy
P.s. "Self promotion" (he mumbles and shakes his head side to side, wondering...), "Promotion to who? This little microscopic world?--ahh to be a big fish in a small pond. The very smallest pond in existence....."

Hehehehe
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 10:24, vinsmagic wrote:
Jeremy Mp is frustated as many of us are, no need to call him a troll.
we all know that your effect exists but it is only for the chosen few. I will never get to see it or buy it because it is sold out.
I feel that this thread was only put up for promotional tactics , and to get your name out to the magic community.
vinny
[/quote]

I have to laugh. I started this thread. Never talked to Jeremy before posting the thread, never met him or communicated in anyway. Now I am being told I am part of a promotional conspiracy. Jeremy is completely innocent---he NEVER asked for me to post this thread or do anything else. Vinny, your imagination is getting the best of you---your dead wrong about this.
Ok so I am wrong ,,,,, but at least Russ put up a demo and I did not see anyone asaying oh I know how he did this . Jeremy yet only the chosen few get to seeyour caan and , we mear pee ons never will
Brehaut how then do you know so much about Jeremy and his effect???/
Jeremy again please put up a demo who cares about the handling I believe you have excellent effect, I just want to see it because I know I will never get the chance to see it live
vinny
Wow this is more like a boxing match than a forum thread lol

I posted my demo as I'm confident in my method and because I chose to.

Thanks for the comments vinny glad you liked it.

Jeremy I look forward to someday seeing your version of this, and again thankyou for your comment.

R
By the way, folks, I LOVED ESHLA's ACAAN!! There are MANY great answers to ACAAN. There isn't just one "Holy Grail". Mine is mine, though (..and a few other people's for $2400). Over and out.
The best version is the one published in "The Berglas Effects" by R. Kaufman. And it does not cost 2400 dollars :)
I've yet to see either, but I look forward to it

R
Russ my friend and you never will see it
the godfather
"Russ my friend and you never will see it"

Of course you'll see it (if you mean the Berglas effect). For heaven's sake, David has been performing it for decades. Thousands have seen it performed. It's been televised on several occasions. It was loosely explained in M&M. If, on the other hand you mean Jeremy's effect--dozens of magicians have witnessed it. And a dozen of us PERFORM it regularly.

Now what's the difference between Russ's and Jeremy's approach (re marketing). Simple. Russ has made his excellent handling available to ANYONE and has posted a video. HIS CHOICE. On the other hand, Jeremy DECIDED to keep his handling exclusive (no vid) HIS CHOICE. Neither has to conform to what you guys so rudely DEMAND at this or any other forum.

Is dementia setting in around here? Now Brehaut is being rung in as a shill. Gimme a break!

Benny
In regards to requests for video demos, I believe MP says it best here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=404693&forum=15&post=6990256

:P

As an aside, I love Jeremy's work.
Benny I was speaking of jeremy's work not the Berglas effect tha you willnever see it.
Sid that is MP's opinion... and what is his opinion against thousands of others;
have you seen jeremy's caan Hoilier than thou ?
vinny
Hi Sid,

That quote from MP is worth reproducing here...

"In my opinion a demo video has only one purpose: To give a chance everyone to realize the secret. For this reason, many people don't create a demo video."

I think he may have changed his mind though!

Benny
I love magicians on a mentalism forum.

You guys need to get hep to the game.

Jim
LET me repeat one picture is worth a thousand words
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 31, 2011 08:24PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 19:33, Jim-Callahan wrote:

Jim
[/quote]

Hey mentalist guess what I'm thinking? I'll give you a hint _erk.

Holier than thou is a great effect but acting that way isn't cool.

SPM
I was lucky enough to see Jeremy perform this at Mindvention 2009. I thought he just "got lucky", at first...then I heard several others talking about it who had seen it at different times...either this is really exists, or Jeremy is one lucky guy!!
It's better to be lucky than good
Oops
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 17:02, doriancaudal wrote:
The best version is the one published in "The Berglas Effects" by R. Kaufman. And it does not cost 2400 dollars :)
[/quote]

hmmm...maybe it does?
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 21:24, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
[quote]

Jim
[/quote]

SPM
[/quote]

Not acting my little sock man.

Also not sure who you are posting to.
If is me I am not a mentalist.

However I would not agree with you if I were.

J ack

H.o.A-X
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'

'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.

'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 22:36, J. Prager wrote:
“'But I don’t want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can’t help that,' said the Cat. 'We’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.'

'How do you know I’m mad?' said Alice.

'You must be,” said the Cat. 'or you wouldn’t have come here.'”
[/quote]

Alice is with me and she is just fine now.

We have the cat in a cage and will be shaving it soon.
(If it survives it's time in the box).

Like Cool Hand Luke.

J ack

H.o.A-X
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 19:20, vinsmagic wrote:
Sid that is MP's opinion... and what is his opinion against thousands of others;
have you seen jeremy's caan Hoilier than thou ?
vinny
[/quote]

I'm not sure whether you are referring to Jeremy's ACAAN or myself as "hoilier than thou"; if you could please clarify using some form of English it would be greatly appreciated. Then I will write a witty response and using google translator, convert it back into jibberish for you. :)

I can answer your question with no, I have not seen Jeremy's ACAAN and don't care if I do or do not. I know Jeremy well enough to trust his word. I was merely pointing out that on Tommy's 'Subtle Scam' thread people were requesting video demos and MP made that statement. I found it somewhat amusing.

Hope that clears things up. No animosity from me toward anyone on this thread.

Next time I make the trip from Brisbane to Sydney I'll stalk Ben and force him to perform it for me. I'll most likely attempt to steal his re-animator as well. ;)

Now, back to the bickering. :)
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 31, 2011 10:23PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 22:34, Jim-Callahan wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 21:24, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
[quote]

Hey Jim,

Wondering if you ever proved your "magic" power to the fine folks at the Randi Foundation and won the million bucks. Perhaps they were hep to your jive.

SPM

Jim
[/quote]

SPM
[/quote]

Not acting my little sock man.

Also not sure who you are posting to.
If is me I am not a mentalist.

However I would not agree with you if I were.

J ack

H.o.A-X
[/quote]
Sid I wasn't refering to you it was what MP said about demos.
Also Jeremy's work was not in question it was about him showing a demo because one picture for me is worth a thousand words
as far as my english skills go I let my magic do the talking and ******** do the walking.
I also have no ill feelings about anyone on ths site
vinny
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 31, 2011 10:44PM)
Hey Jim,

I was wondering if you ever convinced the Randi Foundation that you had real super powers or were they hep to your jive too?

SPM
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 23:43, vinsmagic wrote:
Also Jeremy's work was not in question it was about him showing a demo because one picture for me is worth a thousand words
[/quote]

Aha, now I understand. My apologies.

I agree that a picture is worth one thousand words. Therefore, I took time out of my busy work schedule to take a photograph with my phone of how I believe Jeremy's ACAAN looks upon completion. I hope that the image below puts any further requests for demo videos and photographs to bed as I firmly believe that this is an accurate representation:

[img]http://www.ivaporizecartridges.com/images/acaan.jpg[/img]
But I was thinking of the 9 of spades.

Does it say "one off" on the back?

(Oh wait, that's KKAAN)
[quote]
On 2011-06-01 00:04, Sid Helkule wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 23:43, vinsmagic wrote:
[/quote]

Aha, now I understand. My apologies.

I agree that a picture is worth one thousand words. Therefore, I took time out of my busy work schedule to take a photograph with my phone of how I believe Jeremy's ACAAN looks upon completion. I hope that the image below puts any further requests for demo videos and photographs to bed as I firmly believe that this is an accurate representation:

[img]http://www.ivaporizecartridges.com/images/acaan.jpg[/img]

LOL ...Sid is becoming "The Thunder from Down Under " ! :)

[/quote]
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 31, 2011 11:33PM)
Hopefully we would see the named number of cards turned face up as compared to a single card.

SPM
[quote]
On 2011-06-01 00:33, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
Hopefully we would see the named number of cards turned face up as compared to a single card.

SPM
[/quote]

[img]http://www.ivaporizecartridges.com/images/acaan2.jpg[/img]
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (Jun 1, 2011 12:19AM)
Two cards turned face up like that doesn't look like any ACAAN I've ever done. Looks more like the beginning of a solitaire game...just saying.

SPM
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (Jun 1, 2011 12:33AM)
[quote]

Jim
[/quote]

Hey Jim,

Word of advice...you might want to change your Café profile so that, under interests, "Advancement of intelect" is actually spelled correctly. Otherwise people might think that your just making up pseudo-babble.

SPM
[quote]
On 2011-05-31 13:16, jeremysweiss wrote:

[b]Russ's handling is EXCELLENT![/b]
[/quote]

After viewing the demo video of Russ Andrews [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpLeftw6SWA&feature=youtube_gdata_player][b] PSYCHOLOGICAL ONE[/b][/url], I see NO special handling/ spectator management involved during the entire course of the demo.

[quote]
[b][i](On another thread Rus ANDREWS wrote)[/i][/b]

On 2011-05-31 17:52, Rus ANDREWS wrote:

I'm working hard on this, I like to make sure it's thorough as [b]this uses [i]psychology and audience management[/i].[/b]
[/quote]

Yes, probably 'Psychology and Audience Management' would have come into play after the p**k. But, in this case (in the present demo video) it was not necessary/ was irrelevant - IMHO.

However it was a very nice performance demo video.

This is just my personal opinion (after watching the Demo video). I need to wait & see how this effect will actually play, but that would be possible only after the release of [b]PSYCHOLOGICAL ONE[/b].

[quote]
On 2011-06-01 01:33, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:

Hey Jim,

Word of advice...you might want to change your Café profile so that, under interests, "Advancement of intelect" is actually spelled correctly. Otherwise people might think that [i][b]your[/b][/i] just making up pseudo-babble.

SPM
[/quote]
[b]For:[/b] I need to wait & see how this effect will actually play, . . .

[b]Please Read:[/b] One need to wait & see how this effect will actually play, . . .

Thanks.

Funny stuff, Sid!

Good catch SPM!

Benny
If you are lucky its holy grail...
AAHHHHHHHHH luck has nothing to dom with it .
Maybe this could be a holy grail ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-u5LXov7pY
[quote]
On 2011-06-13 15:16, Amirá wrote:
Maybe this could be a holy grail ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-u5LXov7pY
[/quote]

Well done!

MP
That was even BETTER now that I can understand it!!

Very Cool!!!
My version (no stooge) ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxzZzNtv9CQ
[quote]
On 2011-05-16 16:26, Ben Harris wrote:
That's Jeremy Weiss' amazing version. Worth every cent!

Benny
[/quote]

guess that depends on the base you are calculating on.. ;)
What's Jeremy's website?
Still wondering if this really exists? Is that true that for those who own this, they can't say anything about it in public apart of what Mr. Cassidy posted previously here?
Ok thanks
Maybe it's just me, but I thought the Genii thread was hysterical.

:eek:
At first I thought this was the version Derren Brown had used in one of his specials. Did anyone ever see that? I was quite a nice presentation.

Matthew
Everyone should check out Luca Volpe's youtube video he put up on this thread.

Great ACAAN performance Luca!

I am sure everyone here would want this if you are offering it as a marketed effect.

respect, granterg
Yep, its perfect...no apparent force - psychological or other wise, no touching the deck.
makes stefans look possible!
I am in total awe at what Jeremy has created. However, until I have more success and become a total full time performer (I'm in the middle of that awkward transition now), I will obviously not to be able to afford effects like these currently (but one day...)

In the meantime, I don't understand what everyone is so upset at. I will put it this way, when you attempt to grab stuff like this, most of the time people are using it to perform for other magicians. Because to the laymen, it doesn't matter which version you perform, for the most part they perceive the same thing, and thus remember the same thing. And if not, you can cause them to misremember you ever touching the deck. So you know what, it's ok.

I do however look forward to working with Mr Weiss in the future though :)
I am not quite sure what David Gamut is saying?

Jeremy Weiss has apparently(according to some here at the Café) come out with the best ACAAN in the world but apparently he is NOT sharing it any longer.

granterg
Apparently Luca Volpe's ACAAN "H-ACAAN"(not sure of the name) was available.

Does anyone know if it still is?

Best, granterg
[quote]
On 2013-01-23 23:18, DavidGamut wrote:
I am in total awe at what Jeremy has created. However, until I have more success and become a total full time performer (I'm in the middle of that awkward transition now), I will obviously not to be able to afford effects like these currently (but one day...)

In the meantime, I don't understand what everyone is so upset at. I will put it this way, when you attempt to grab stuff like this, most of the time people are using it to perform for other magicians. Because to the laymen, it doesn't matter which version you perform, for the most part they perceive the same thing, and thus remember the same thing. And if not, you can cause them to misremember you ever touching the deck. So you know what, it's ok.

I do however look forward to working with Mr Weiss in the future though :)
[/quote]

To the best of my knowledge, Jeremy's ACAAN has long been sold out and is not available.
I don't believe Jeremy has ever had an ACAAN
[quote]
On 2013-01-27 18:35, smokingkills wrote:
[/quote]

I am guessing that you weren't at MindVention two years ago when he performed it several times. Are you saying that all of us who saw him do it aren't telling the truth?
I don't doubt he performed an ACAAN.

Let me clarify what I meant by "has ever had" in my above post: I do not believe he has ever marketed or sold an ACAAN as described on his website. I believe the effects listed on the website were never on sale and I doubt they exist.

That's not to say he doesn't perform one or more versions of an ACAAN himself.
I wanted to jump in on this just for fun. I do believe personally this is all a hoax, about the Weiss version of acaan that was marketed for a huge amount of money. But, I don't know for sure. It is a lot of fun wondering though. I've heard the phrase "mindvention 2009" mentioned about 100 times. I was at mindvention 2011, but I wasn't able to make 2009. There are a couple possibilities in my mind. Maybe they all got together at a lecture during mindvention and discussed that this would be a secret for everyone who attended...an experiment of how a legend can grow? (Just as a joke.) That would kinda make sense if you think about it. Another possibility is that Weiss performed a very clean version of acaan at mindvention(2009) a few times (using a stooge for example)...it only takes a few people to witness this for a legend to grow exponentially. I really don't know what happened. I can admit that. As far as Ben Harris and Bob Cassidy saying they own this, I'm somewhat baffled. I really think they are just playing along, but for a logical reason. Perhaps it's just a very expensive piece of paper that says "use a memor**** deck and a stooge", and Harris and Cassidy both got a free review copy? :)

As for the smart alec comments about asking for a video of Weiss performing this, I understand why a demo video of this partciular effect might not make any sense, but can you really blame Magicians for asking, doing research, and trying to get to the bottom of this Bob and Jeremy? Dai Vernon went crazy going around the country trying to find Allen Kennedy just because he heard about this guy's ability to do a center deal. It wasn't enough for Vernon just to hear a rumor about it. Vernon finally found Allen Kennedy and, as the story goes, Kennedy showed Vernon the center deal. Would you give Vernon a hard time for doing what he did? Heck, he was just curious. Don't give someone a hard time for being curious.

I did see J. Weiss briefly at mindvention 2011, but I was honestly too afraid to approach him and ask him if I could witness this. I was too afraid he would be upset that I asked to see it in person. It's the truth.
Just think a card now...and a number....get your shuffled deck and check :)
I just did, but I was one off!
Most new mentalists don't seem to realize that the original, and best IMO, version of ACAAN appeared in "The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks."
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 18:58, catweazle wrote:
[/quote]

Well, let me tell you this real story.
I meet a magician friends, few months ago and he saw my video on youtube and he insisted asking me to perform the ACAAN (keep in mind that we was in a Bar in Italy) so I asked him if he had a deck of cards, he said yes...then I asked him to shuffle, and he shuffled...then I asked him to tell me a card, and he said the King of spades, and I asked him to tell me a number, he said 27...I asked him to take his own deck and to decide if count the card from the top or the bottom, he said the bottom, he count the cards and the 27th cards was the King of Spades!....He is still speaking....I am still thanking GOD!
[quote] Most new mentalists don't seem to realize that the original, and best IMO, version of ACAAN appeared in "The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks."[/quote]
But is it better than the $2,400 version that some of us may have bought?

I'm personally saving up my money for ACAAN 2: Holier Than Thou. I've heard it utilises secret material that NASA uses during top secret space missions.
Could it just be, that despite this heady age of electronic sharing, instant idea swapping, and all the rest of it...maybe, just maybe not everyone gets to be privvy to absolutely everything? and just because you don't believe something happened, doesn't mean you are entitled to see/hear/have it explained freely something that took place...its fair enough not believing in something, but that non belief happens outside of the absolute truth of a situation/experience...
Do you own the version of ACAAN as advertised on that website Iain which was reportedly sold for $2400?
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 07:17, smokingkills wrote:
Do you own the version of ACAAN as advertised on that website Iain which was reportedly sold for $2400?
[/quote]

I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to...
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 07:28, IAIN wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 07:17, smokingkills wrote:
[/quote]

I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to...
[/quote]

was it worth $2400? With all the other acaans you've seen was this one that much better?
Its not about whether I value something or not, its whether those that own it and perform it feel it has given them value...whether that be closing an important booking or whatever else, there lies the value... I don't own it - so can't say...its not like he then sat me down and ran me through it!

and as its not for sale anymore - so pointless discussing it further to be honest...
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 06:32, lucavolpe wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 18:58, catweazle wrote:
[/quote]

Well, let me tell you this real story.
I meet a magician friends, few months ago and he saw my video on youtube and he insisted asking me to perform the ACAAN (keep in mind that we was in a Bar in Italy) so I asked him if he had a deck of cards, he said yes...then I asked him to shuffle, and he shuffled...then I asked him to tell me a card, and he said the King of spades, and I asked him to tell me a number, he said 27...I asked him to take his own deck and to decide if count the card from the top or the bottom, he said the bottom, he count the cards and the 27th cards was the King of Spades!....He is still speaking....I am still thanking GOD!
[/quote]

pretty awesome, hope he doesn't read this thread!:0
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 19:01, mastermindreader wrote:
Most new mentalists don't seem to realize that the original, and best IMO, version of ACAAN appeared in "The Encyclopedia of Card Tricks."
[/quote]

using a M T deck?
This is all just a conspiracy, agent 15 is probably watching, I'm out :eek:

On a serious note, what's the obsession with ACAAN? I mean that in a sincere way, not attacking anyone's thoughts or anything like that I just never really got to much out of the plot, that's all.

Darren
I agree darren, most people miss the whole point behind The Berglas Effect...
Read "The Berglas Effects" by Richard Kaufman, and you will have everything to do perfect ACAANs. It's my favorite method now, and I can do do it on the fly, without touching the deck EVER. You just have to think a little, but this is worth doing it in order to obtain a miracle!
The other day, I was with a friend, I asked him to name a card, he said "king of diamonds", and then I asked him a number, he said "29", I asked him if he wanted to deal from top or bottom, he said "top". There was a deck of cards on my bed, and I asked him to pick it up, open it, then deal, and... you may have guessed the end ;)
And most importantly, I am able to reproduce this effect whenever I want, in more "formal" situations (gigs, etc...).
This is IMHO the best reference for ACAAN work if you want to really learn ONE good, efficient and powerful method (in addition to MTB by JB of course).
[quote]I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to... [/quote]
Hmmmm....
[quote]On a serious note, what's the obsession with ACAAN? I mean that in a sincere way, not attacking anyone's thoughts or anything like that I just never really got to much out of the plot, that's all. [/quote]
I'm a fan of ACAAN, its direct and resonates with people who see it performed.

This thread is about a website which lists a load of highly priced near perfect in methodology effects, which when reading the descriptions seem a little unbelievable.

Not unbelievalbe in a "oh my God I'm so jealous I didn't get a chance to buy this" kind of way but in a "are we seriously expected to believe that all of these sold out effects were EVER on sale in the first place from a website nobody had heard of until recently?".

As proof we're told that friends of friends have been sold it and performed it, that Jeremy himself has performed a really great version of ACAAN therefore the ad on his site must be true, and that ACAAN is not a big deal anyway so why are we so obsessed with it?

I suggest taking down the website ad copy completely and only listing those effects which are available for sale...

But then that wouldn't get the site so much traffic and have all of us talking about it would it?

;-)
There's an easy way to stop all that... don't contribute to the thread...especially if you don't believe they existed in the first place - why waste yer time?!

I've not been on the site for ages, so I dunno what is available or not...

and two different things are being spoken of, The Berglas Effect, and Jeremy's work...

all meant in a pleasant way...
The holy grail exists,
It exists in the hearts and minds of many,
In the hearts and minds of many mentalists and magicians alike,
My dear friends,
The holy grail,
Exists!

I have never been one for poetry, per se, but this thread kind of inspired me.
Who knows, maybe I'll submit this to the Magic Castle. They may agree to post this on their wall!

Best, granterg
Luca - do you still sell your ACAAN? Is it in your new book, "Emotional Mentalism"? ....and please tell me it's not for $2000. It seems as good as any I've seen.

Thanks, Dennis
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 15:26, catweazle wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-28 19:01, mastermindreader wrote:
[/quote]

using a M T deck?
[/quote]

No. It's in the chapter on the Nikola card system.
:) thx!
[quote]
On 2013-01-27 19:53, mastermindreader wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-01-27 18:35, smokingkills wrote:
[/quote]

I am guessing that you weren't at MindVention two years ago when he performed it several times. Are you saying that all of us who saw him do it aren't telling the truth?
[/quote]

I've seen a lot of ACAAN routines in my life, but never one so clear and direct as Jeremy's.

You guys know me...I'm *ALL FOR* the "underdog" and I root for people that have finally succeeded in utterly, COMPLETELY painting themselves into a corner. I don't want them or their pipe dreams to find a way out and personally consider such events interesting beyond measure.

That said, I was present when J.W. first turned this thing out and I was absolutely astonished.

Not only that, but I can testify that it IS "real" and that I did pay big bucks for it.

I also currently use it.

Lose the 'tude,
JF
[quote]
On 2013-01-29 16:49, smokingkills wrote:
[quote]I have seen it performed, but not by jeremy...but by a person he sold one to... [/quote]
Hmmmm....
[quote]On a serious note, what's the obsession with ACAAN? I mean that in a sincere way, not attacking anyone's thoughts or anything like that I just never really got to much out of the plot, that's all. [/quote]
I'm a fan of ACAAN, its direct and resonates with people who see it performed.

This thread is about a website which lists a load of highly priced near perfect in methodology effects, which when reading the descriptions seem a little unbelievable.

Not unbelievalbe in a "oh my God I'm so jealous I didn't get a chance to buy this" kind of way but in a "are we seriously expected to believe that all of these sold out effects were EVER on sale in the first place from a website nobody had heard of until recently?".

As proof we're told that friends of friends have been sold it and performed it, that Jeremy himself has performed a really great version of ACAAN therefore the ad on his site must be true, and that ACAAN is not a big deal anyway so why are we so obsessed with it?

I suggest taking down the website ad copy completely and only listing those effects which are available for sale...

But then that wouldn't get the site so much traffic and have all of us talking about it would it?

;-)
[/quote]

You have decided to overlook a group of people who I absolutely trust who have stated that they either witnessed or have purchased Jeremy's ACAAN. That is all the evidence I need. Further, I am against any censorship whatsoever---why take down his ad copy? Because it annoys you?
Who do you know who has purchased the effect on the website for the advertised price?

I don't think the effects listed as "sold out" as described on the site existed for purchase. It's a marketing ploy for the existing tricks that are for sale in my opinion.

There are many people who have seen him perform an ACAAN (i grant you that) and there are people who have friends of friends who they believe have bought it - but I have yet to hear of anybody who has actually forked out the amount advertised on the website and actually purchased it at the time it supposedly existed.

Why should the ad copy be taken down? Because it makes fools of people. Its simply there to create interest and mystery around the website and more importantly to sell the other effects which do exist and are for sale. Only, it makes them sound weaker effects in comparison due to the fact that they are listed next to fantastical sounding ones.
[quote]
On 2013-02-12 09:49, smokingkills wrote:
Who do you know who has purchased the effect on the website for the advertised price?

I don't think the effects listed as "sold out" as described on the site existed for purchase. It's a marketing ploy for the existing tricks that are for sale in my opinion.

There are many people who have seen him perform an ACAAN (i grant you that) and there are people who have friends of friends who they believe have bought it - but I have yet to hear of anybody who has actually forked out the amount advertised on the website and actually purchased it at the time it supposedly existed.

Why should the ad copy be taken down? Because it makes fools of people. Its simply there to create interest and mystery around the website and more importantly to sell the other effects which do exist and are for sale. Only, it makes them sound weaker effects in comparison due to the fact that they are listed next to fantastical sounding ones.
[/quote]

To answer your question--just look up one or two posts. Jerome Finley purchased it and performs it.
Jerome Finley says he performs this and purchased it? Even further evidence for my previous post suggesting this is all a hoax (or a joke, whatever you want to call it). I do think Cassidy, Harris, and Finley are all just playing along with this whole thing. Why? I have no idea. If this is supposed to be a joke, it's not really that funny.

I remember when the Copperfield crew put the ads in the magic magazine for the Torn Asunder baseball card. The ads were eventually taken down and nothing was sold. As I understand it, this was just a joke to stir up some magicians.

On top of everything else, there are the other obviously fake products on the J Weiss website.

If it quacks like a duck and sounds like a duck.......??
[quote]
On 2013-02-20 02:23, false_shuffle wrote:
Jerome Finley says he performs this and purchased it? Even further evidence for my previous post suggesting this is all a hoax (or a joke, whatever you want to call it). I do think Cassidy, Harris, and Finley are all just playing along with this whole thing. Why? I have no idea. If this is supposed to be a joke, it's not really that funny.

I remember when the Copperfield crew put the ads in the magic magazine for the Torn Asunder baseball card. The ads were eventually taken down and nothing was sold. As I understand it, this was just a joke to stir up some magicians.

On top of everything else, there are the other obviously fake products on the J Weiss website.

If it quacks like a duck and sounds like a duck.......??
[/quote]

I respect those guys and what they says mean a lot to me. Plus I have spoken to the creator and I have no question it exists. You are entitled to your opinion---just understand so are we.
ACAAN of the Mind seems pretty cool by Anthony Black - got it the other day but I still have to try it out in the real world.

I also want to get Tommy's The ACAAN Finale.

granterg

PS: I know, in my heart, the holy grail exists.
Do not want to say that the persons mentioned are liars.. anyhow: if it is a borrowed deck (=> you have no clue which card is where), you never touch it (=> still no idea which card is where), the spec name number and card (still no idea which card is where) => how can you controll everything?
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 07:34, backinblack wrote:
Do not want to say that the persons mentioned are liars.. anyhow: if it is a borrowed deck (=> you have no clue which card is where), you never touch it (=> still no idea which card is where), the spec name number and card (still no idea which card is where) => how can you controll everything?
[/quote]

Real mind control!!! LOL!!! There must be something that we don't know!!! Words maybe!!!
[quote]
On 2013-11-29 03:51, ko_brian wrote:
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 07:34, backinblack wrote:
[/quote]

Real mind control!!! LOL!!! There must be something that we don't know!!! Words maybe!!!
[/quote]

well, that's the point.. if you have no clue which card is where in the deck - how do you want to lead him with words to a certain card? sounds more like real magic for me than real mind controll..
Personally I don't think ACAAn is capable of having an ultimate. IT is a perfect magicians trick for magicians. Magicians like the idea of a number etc. Spec's, not so much. Look at Jeromee Finley above. HE is approving how it was perceived it in a magic convention. About as credible as his "cloud disappearing" mentalism. I am not buying it.

When you are accused of being a witch FOR THE MAGIC YOU DO, not for your costume and or tattoos, that is when you have an "ultimate" version of magic. IMHO.