(Close Window)
Topic: AmazeRING
OH BOY, IN TWO DAYS OR LESS, will be getting the new [b]AmazeRING[/b] from Joe Porper to write up the instriction book. Imagine a "ghost ring" in a wedding band. Can use for ring off string, stick or linking finger rings visibly.... Whoo Haaaa...
Sounds good Peter, where is going to be available?
Hope to have at IMX in Vegas Monday.

Posted: May 19, 2011 11:37pm
I just finished writing up the instructions for Porper and hopefully he will OK it tomorrow and we'll have 'em at IMX. I've been having great fun working with this prop. It blows me away, even though I know how it works. I worked out a nice handling that cleans you up at the end. Now to work out the routining for a variation on linking three "borrowed" rings together.
Pete, what's the price on this going to be?
Joe Porper's AmazeRING

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq76AxJ5yD4
I'm been interested in Joe Porper's Ghostly Linking Finger Rings for a while now, so AmazeRING caught my attention. How do these two compare to each other? Are they intended to be different effects? Or is AmazeRING an improved version of Ghostly Linking Finger Rings?
Two different systems.
So Ghostly Linking Finger Rings and AmazeRING are intended as separate handlings/versions of the Himber Ring routine?
You can use AmaZeRING for a linking finger ring routine, but its visual link is different and is more versatile in non-linking finger ring routines. Look at the video clip.
$350.00 Ouch!!! AmazeRing is what the working Magicians have been waiting for since the 1960'a.

Is it brass and at least gold plated?

This is what the Himber Ring should have been in the 1st place. Love that it can be done close-up with the duplicate switch ring and on stage without.

To bad the price will keep it out the reach of most magicians. It is worth it only if you are a professional magician making 6 figures a year from your magic. Otherwise, the rest of us will have to settle on using the old split ring instead.
Hegblini.. right on all counts.
In the words of Will Smith in the movie, "Indepedence Day", as he got a good look at the alien spacecraft...."I gotta get me wunna them!"
Sorry if this sounds rude, but under what conditions would someone choose the ghostly ring over this particular ring? Are there pros and cons for each? I've been discussing various options with Mr Biro. I am very interested in Buying a linking finger ring but as with everything I want it to be as perfect as possible for my requirements. This seems to have the same mechanism as an idea I'd been thinking about myself.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Aug 23, 2011 04:29PM)
Hey Pete,

Can Porper's rings be sized to the finger? Unless I can get them sized, most of the "one size fits all" rings are too small for me. Also, does it come with a duplicate? Just curious, many thanks.
[quote]
On 2011-08-01 02:56, wmhegbli wrote:
$350.00 Ouch!!! AmazeRing is what the working Magicians have been waiting for since the 1960'a.

Is it brass and at least gold plated?

This is what the Himber Ring should have been in the 1st place. Love that it can be done close-up with the duplicate switch ring and on stage without.

To bad the price will keep it out the reach of most magicians. It is worth it only if you are a professional magician making 6 figures a year from your magic. Otherwise, the rest of us will have to settle on using the old split ring instead.
[/quote]
I like the fact that some items are priced high enough to keep it out of the reach of most magicians. I see that as a good thing in many (if not most) cases.
I don't think that one would need to make 6 figures a year from magic to justify the purchase of this prop. That seems like a pretty high estimate.
If it becomes a signature piece or something that you perform constantly and always wows the specs, then how much is that worth to even an amateur performer?
You could spend that much in a year on tricks you rarely use. I like to buy wisely and infrequently and get a good return for my investment and this ring could make it onto my short list this year.
PS-I don't make 6 figures a year from magic but maybe this ring will help push me over that. :) Or at least provide me some great moments and memories.
Watch Lu Chen do the Ghostly Linking Finger ring. It is a linking finger ring like no other. The AmaZeRING is different. They are all the same size, pretty big, and come with a duplicate 'fair' ring. See the video of Dean Dill and Joe Porper handling it. Search it on you tube.
[quote]
On 2011-08-24 01:16, Pete Biro wrote:
Watch Lu Chen do the Ghostly Linking Finger ring. It is a linking finger ring like no other. The AmaZeRING is different. They are all the same size, pretty big, and come with a duplicate 'fair' ring. See the video of Dean Dill and Joe Porper handling it. Search it on you tube.
[/quote]
All wonderful videos Pete! While we are talking about rings, and though it has nothing to do with linking finger rings, Joe Porper had a brilliant idea some time ago when he came out with a wedding ring version of the Ellis ring. That is also on my shopping list, along with the AmaZeRING and eventually the Ghostly Linking Finger Ring set.
I just recently came up with a handling to link finger rings with any of the Himber/Porper/Or? rings. Open it and scotch tape it open to the end of a pencil. Keep hidden in hand holding end of pencil. Borrow rings and slide onto other end of pencil, then as you walk about let rings slide to end and ONTO gaffed ring. Pull all off and lock.
$350 is nothing for a quality worker's prop that you can rely on.
Amazingly no review on this as yet. Surely someone has bought it to be able to comment.
[quote]
On 2011-08-24 16:16, Rainboguy wrote:
$350 is nothing for a quality worker's prop that you can rely on.
[/quote]

This is absolutely true. Look at the makers of magic props that have proven their quality being worth the price - cup sets from Auke Van Dokkum and Rings N Things II, Linking Ring sets from Owen and Van Dokkum, coin products from various producers, etc. In those cases, you really do get the quality you pay for and anything from Joe Porper is no exception.
Has anyone bought this who may want to give a short review?????
Takeachance, there is no reason for a review for this product. As only a truly professional working magician can see the value of this Amazing Ring. You have the video and Joe Proper and Pete Biro is all you need to know that this is a professional working piece of magic equipment.

Also, those that purchase this high quality type of magic, are not generally those that comment on the Café. They are busy working their magic and their craft.

But here is your review, AmazeRing is an ingenious piece of magic equipment that comes in the form of a finger ring. Highly recommended, buy it today and start performing it at all your magic performances. Use it in your close-up routines and stage performances. Perform it walk-a-round and in formal close-up magic. Can be done inches away from the spectators nose and is the closest thing to real ring magic on the market today. Having a good understanding of finger ring tricks will help you realize the importance of AmazeRing to the magic market. Then incorporate this ring into those routines.

Will it make you famous, NO! Will you have a secret weapon that will make all your ring magic easier to perform or entertain your audiences, and bring your magic into the miracle class, YES!

No get out your credit card and make the purchase, and start having fun!!
Why do I always think of Walter Mathau when you write Bill, LOL. Many thanks for your advice, I always appreciate your knowledge. Anything from Joe Porper is going to be high quality. Sometimes discussion is good for sales. Take your review for instance, because of it I'll contact Joe now and order.
cheerz
This thing looks awesome!
I want one.
I have the Ghostly linking ring - I wear it all the time - I have no idea how the AmazeRING could compare. My GLR is so smooth, that I can borrow a ring and just while talking about it - and going on about how their ring reminds me a ring I used to wear on the same hand as my current ring - until one day I lost it. It's a shock when they "hook up". It works great.

If something were to happen to my ring - I guess I would try the AmazeRING - I just don't know why it needed to be improved? - It can't be because of the noise (click) - I hear it loud and clear on the linked video...

Pete - you are the one who convinced me the GLR was a value and a quality product - can you speak to the difference?

David
Ghostly was my design to make Himber effect easier to do. As you have it, you know the difference. AmaZeRING is a finger ring version of Porper's Ghost Ring. A soft-hinged device, but much harder (because of size) to make than a big linking ring. A ring is just pushed thru the AmaZeRING to link and unlink.
Pete the method for loading rings onto the gaffed ring with a pencil is published in Tommy Wonder's 'The Books of Wonder'.
I know about that a friend of mine made one up. I have a similar but far easier way similar to Wonder's (will be in my next book).
Hello guys I saw Amaze ring here at Penguins http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13498 at $ 262.50 and I would like to know how could have they this discount .The product is original ? What you know about this thing ?
[quote]
On 2012-09-22 21:41, j.i.s. wrote:
Hello guys I saw Amaze ring here at Penguins http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S13498 at $262.50 and I would like to know how could have they this discount. The product is original? What you know about this thing?
[/quote]

Penguin Magic discounts their magic to give you the best deal, so you will buy it from them as they have business expenses to pay each month and employees that need to feed their families.

So buy it already! It is the original.

To know about is, read the forums on it, and look at the video. Then place your order.
I bought one from penquin a while back. it is the original.the quality is awesome.
todd
After receiving my new Dean's Box yesterday from Dean and seeing the Bonus effect with Dean and Pete with AmazeRing on the Demo DVD I decided to buy one, so I just now placed my order for an AmazeRing through Penguin Magic, too.

Looking forward to playing with it, and developing it's presentation possibilities.

I must confess........ I love QUALITY Magic props!
I think you will like the amazing ring rainboguy.
I had one once also purchased through penquin magic.
[quote]
On 2011-07-29 13:01, Pete Biro wrote:
You can use AmaZeRING for a linking finger ring routine, but its visual link is different and is more versatile in non-linking finger ring routines. Look at the video clip.
[/quote]

Pete, it seems that it's possible to do my linking 3 borrowed finger rings routine secretly using AmaZeRING... Are you going to publish it (which would not be a problem)?
Bowers, Lawrence O, Bill Hegbli:

My AmazeRing came today, I had a chance to play with it a bit, and it is just one beautiful HIGH-QUALITY magic prop, which I consider to be a bargain for the money. I just love it, and I'm sure I will use it not only as part of the Dean's Box Routine, but on it's own A LA The Al Koran presentation.

Lawrence O: I would love to see your routine.

Bill Hegbli: You were right on the money when you said that this just takes a traditional Himber Ring to a new level by making it so much easier.

I think AmazeRing has it's own unique "niche" per se, as a "visible, up-close, melt-through finger ring linking effect."

It's a thing of beauty!!!
[b]Lawrence O -- Isn't your ring routine in my book on the Linking Rings?[/b]
Pete:

If it is, I'm in luck, The wife bought me your linking ring book as a birthday present.
Here's my review of AmazeRing:

THIS IS THE BEST "Himber Ring" TYPE APPARATUS THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN, PERIOD!.

I own several of Joe Porper's props and they are all outstanding. But the AmazeRing is EXCEPTIONAL and SUPERB!

When I got it I called Joe Porper and "Gushed" about the quality of the prop, and while on the phone, talked to Joe about his wands.....he's making one of his folding wands for me now.

Pete Biro's new Linking Rings book should be here next week and I'm looking forward to it too.

<Tongue In Cheek> Please everyone, DON'T BUY THIS. I'D LIKE TO KEEP IT FOR MYSELF>>>IT'S THAT GOOD!!!
Well, Pete's new Linking Ring book came.....and I LOVE it!

Great job, Pete!!! I'm impressed!

Every linking ring and finger ring worker should get Pete's Book.

And for linking finger ring workers, I recommend Jerry Mentzer's book, too.
Pete, or someone, can you provide the actual size of the AmazeRing - American - or it's circumference in mm? Have some gnarly knuckles and would like to know if it will fit or not. Also, I am lucky enough to have a jeweler wife, is it possible that a trained jeweler could enlarge the ring without damaging the mechanism? Many thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards,
TR
How does AmazeRing compare with David Regal's Linking Finger rings?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3148
Totally different. Look at demo of AmazeRing here... http://www.pete-biro.com/tricks/
Can the AmazeRing be used to do the "Three borrowed linking finger rings routine" with the last two (borrowed) rings haning on a pencil and visually unlink? Or dös the AmazeRing not come with the special pencil?
[quote]
On 2013-11-21 10:06, dimagico wrote:
Can the AmazeRing be used to do the "Three borrowed linking finger rings routine" with the last two (borrowed) rings haning on a pencil and visually unlink? Or dös the AmazeRing not come with the special pencil?
[/quote]

....The Amazring comes with a pretty little wooden wand, not the special pencil.
I am thrilled by the AmazeRing, but I want to use it for a three borrowed rings routine, with the "Al Koran's ending. Is it possible to get the gimmicked pencil separately?
Without "spilling the beans"...let's just say that I, for one, would NOT use AmazeRing to do the "Koran Ending", but rather would use the Regal Set for this...

Having said this, there are a number of "visual unlinks, or visual links" that you can do with AmazeRing that can't be done with other props....

Just my 2 cents worth...
Rainboguy, the idea is to use the AmazeRing as the Himber Ring, not for the visual unlinking. To unlink the two truly borrowed rings at the end, I would need the special pencil, I think. But I just found out these are sold separately as well. (Thanks, Pete!) So I guess, the routine David Regal or Lu Chen does, could be done with the AmazeRing and the special pencil. For me the advantage would be that the AmazeRing is a wedding band, not a signet ring as in David Regal's set. (Just a personal preference. David's routine looks amazing.)
[b]I don't want to diminish sales of any of our rings, but you could do what Grant and even Koran did by taking any real ring and making it like the K from a set of linking rings and kill an audience.[/b]
[quote]
On 2013-11-28 12:28, Pete Biro wrote:
[b]I don't want to diminish sales of any of our rings, but you could do what Grant and even Koran did by taking any real ring and making it like the K from a set of linking rings and kill an audience.[/b]
[/quote]

I would have said the same thing (because I use both an AmazeRing AND the Koran set myself) if not for the possibility of taking sales away from Joe and Pete. In my own opinion, based on my experience, you can pair both types up and a whole world of possibilities open up...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
I have a ton of Joe's items and have never felt the price was unfair. His work is exceptional. I just wish we could get this Amazring in SILVER. Joe - Pete? Also - what size is this ring?
[quote]On Jan 15, 2017, StarManager wrote:
I have a ton of Joe's items and have never felt the price was unfair. His work is exceptional. I just wish we could get this Amazring in SILVER. Joe - Pete? Also - what size is this ring? [/quote]

Jeez! I wish I'd seen this yesterday! I just took in the new batch and had them gold plated.
They'll be available on www.Illusion.Works next Friday, but now that we're gearing back up, I'll do a batch in Silver too!

Scott
[quote]On Apr 18, 2017, scottjenkins wrote:
[quote]On Jan 15, 2017, StarManager wrote:
I have a ton of Joe's items and have never felt the price was unfair. His work is exceptional. I just wish we could get this Amazring in SILVER. Joe - Pete? Also - what size is this ring? [/quote]

Jeez! I wish I'd seen this yesterday! I just took in the new batch and had them gold plated.
They'll be available on www.Illusion.Works next Friday, but now that we're gearing back up, I'll do a batch in Silver too!

Scott [/quote]

Hi Scott! - Well you should have called me man! LOL! Good news is I will take a SILVER Ring any time they are ready. Size 12 please!!!

BTW - thank you for taking up Joe's legacy. So much good there. I just received my coin rattle and there is nothing even close to that on the market. But even your Paddle work is superior. Just good stuff. Thank you!!!!
AmazeRing is not on www.illusion.works website, nor do Penguin Magic list it as available.
I'm looking for a high quality himber ring which enables effects such as ring through finger (see e.g., Odyssey by Calen Morelli or Banded by Garrett Thomas). But the *p*ning of the himber ring must be wide enough. What about AmazeRING ?
Mh1001, you are looking in the wrong place then, Himber rings are not to be worn, or even shown, they are considered a gimmick, hiding in plane sight.

Neither Himber or AmazeRing will fit your needs, contact a artisan jeweler, and have one made to your specifications.
[quote]On Apr 21, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
AmazeRing is not on www.illusion.works website, nor do Penguin Magic list it as available. [/quote]

I just finished a new batch this morning!
Give me a couple of days and I'll have it up on the site at www.Illusion.Works
Scott
Just got the AmazeRing and boy is it great! Seems like it is anodized gold aluminum and hopefully it is and won't wear off. Too many gaff rings are just plated and wear and you cannot replace because it has moving parts. Perfect on and off moves with this superb tool and you can wear the "ring" all the time. It seems like it is about a size 9.5. I REALLY want a silver version of this. Comeon Scott! Give it to us!!!!!
Hey Everyone!
I've got 4 sets left. These things sold faster than I could get them onto the website.
Here they are
http://illusion.works/product/amazering/

Thanks!
Scott
Scott I purchased one from Murphy's and the gold color appears to be a flat anodized aluminum gold. Does not look like the photo on the link you shared. Do they have something different? Also - you were going to make some in silver. That would be way more useful for me personally and I know a lot of guys who prefer silver. Is that in the works? Timeline? The mechanics is great here! Solid and fun product! Thank you!
They're not aluminum, they're gold plated brass. Aluminum is too light for the heft we wanted on the rings. And the gold plating is very heavy. We did this batch flat on purpose, as it visually took the heat off the ring -- the eyes naturally go to the spectator's attached shiny rings instead.
This first batch went so fast that I didn't have a chance to make separate batches. The next batch will have both available, and yes, the silver plating will be just as heavy.
Timeline? Probably a couple of months. Right now we're working on the Master Linking Rings. Info soon.
Thanks Scott! Save me a shiny Silver one please!!!!
How we doing on Silver ones that are shiny Scott????
Will these ever be made again?
Scott Jinkins seems to be not interested in continuing the Proper line of high quality props. It is a real tiresome making the same thing over and over. Scott seems to be suffering from burn out. He must be a very wealthy man, not to need to keep items moving out the door. He keeps using the word "We" but no mention of how many employees he has hired.

He has spoiled his reputation by not being able to keep his word and supply the magic community.

I just wanted to place an order with the stimulus check, but his site is showing a few beginner magic items.

So sad when a man can't keep his word, and actually wants to run a business properly. I am, very disappointed.