(Close Window)
Topic: Nelson Hahne - Information?
Hey everybody,
I have tried the google search, the magiccafe search, and many trips to libraries and magic shops with little success, so I thought I would just ask here, too.

Does anyone know anything about Nelson Hahne (illustrator of Bobo's Modern Coin Magic and a TON of other stuff), ie. where he lived (He did a lot of work for Ireland Magic in Chicago; did he live in Chicago?), a complete bibliography of his works, information about his life/death, or really anything since the only thing I am coming up with is about a dozen books he illustrated and nothing more. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Aaron
Try here.

http://geniimagazine.com/magicpedia/Nelson_Hahne
Chuck Romano wrote a very good book on all the illustrators in magic Tarbell, Hahne, Cleaver, Tony Dunn and many more. I can't recall the name off the top of my head but it is a good source.

Richard
I always thought Hahe was one of magic's most gifted artists. While his drawings seem a bit dated now, to me they still capture the essence of the magic world.

Gerry
A great pamphlet-type book (in my estimation) is Max Holden's "Programmes of Famous Magicians." Hahne did the illustrations for that. Terrific!
Does anyone know of a library that would have the Chuck Romano book, by any chance? I am a little hesitant to drop $70 for one article, but it looks like it may come to that.
My wife is a graphic designer and loves his work and has started a small collection of booklets to frame. I would like to locate a piece of original artwork/inking to suprise her as well. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
I do not know of any libraries that would shelve this book. It is not of interest to the general population.

I would check with Ron Alessi, Mario Carranid, Martinka and other used magic dealers. Time to time, his work shows up. Mario may even have some of it.

Richard
Richard, is the Chuck Romano book titled "The Art of Deception"?

Aaron, if that is the book, there are a few public libraries that own it. If you have a library card, you can ask your librarian to get it for you through interlibrary loan. Sugar Grove Public Library in Illinois is one library that is supposed to have a copy available for check-out. Whether it is actually still there or not, you would have to ask your librarian. Or call them yourself. Books like that have a way of "vanishing" off the shelf!
Yes, that is the book. I am sorry that I have not had time to go look it up.

Richard
Richard, Daryl, Kevin - Thank you so much for the help and direction.

I'm hopping off to the library this evening to put in a request. If gas was cheaper, I'd just about drive over there to keep from waiting...

This is what Magic Café is for. I appreciate it guys!

Aaron
I know this is kind of an old thread but no one mentioned Hahne is the name creditited to winged silver , in Bobos..............
Honestly, I was just very recently going through some old issue of The Linking Ring (late 90's - 2006 maybe)....there are a couple of huge write-ups scattered throughout about him in those.