(Close Window)
Topic: ACAAN V. 2 Holier Than Thou from Jeremy Weiss
I've just heard this is in the works. Who was in the room with me at MINDvention two years ago when Jeremy blew me away though? Max? I think you were there. Was anyone else? It was just so perfect- it was staggering, but I need someone to confirm that it wasn't a dream, lol...
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 22, 2011 11:10AM)
But the cards were on the table...
It does on Jeremys website that the version seen at Mindvention was $2,400 and is
sold out [of course!]

Version 2 may very well be $20.00 and not sell out.
V 2.0 will be priced the same as the original. Purchasers of version 1 will get new work for free. Version 2 will also be a limited release. I will not discuss any other details at this time. IF I go to MindVention this year (big IF), I will be willing to demo it to the whole audience if Danny Archer let's me...
Another Joke? WOW!

MP
ILL PUT MY UN-HOLY GRAIL CAAN UP AGAINST THIS EFFECT THIS ANY TIME LOL..... JUST PM ME ILL SEND DEMO

VINNY
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 22, 2011 03:14PM)
If it's as good as the price suggests then why wouldn't Danny Archer allow it to be presented. $2400 for a card revelation is a bit ridiculous. This is an effect that can be performed in so many ways that will fool a lay audience. Why pay to only fool magicians? Keep in mind that I'm not opposed to paying big bucks for a great effect. I actually use a Labco product along with a MD as an open index to accomplish the same effect. With this version the deck is on the table and the work is done before the card is announced. Best of all I get to use my Labco product as a powerful tool for other effects. I'm also still up $700 over this mysterious limited edition.

SPM
Un holy grail is free to any one that's wants it just pm me
with e mail address
vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-22 16:14, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
If it's as good as the price suggests then why wouldn't Danny Archer allow it to be presented. $2400 for a card revelation is a bit ridiculous. This is an effect that can be performed in so many ways that will fool a lay audience. Why pay to only fool magicians? Keep in mind that I'm not opposed to paying big bucks for a great effect. I actually use a Labco product along with a MD as an open index to accomplish the same effect. With this version the deck is on the table and the work is done before the card is announced. Best of all I get to use my Labco product as a powerful tool for other effects. I'm also still up $700 over this mysterious limited edition.

SPM
[/quote]

Exists a very easy way to accomplish the effect described by JW and, if the method is the same, (I suppose that his version is not a Joke), in his description has missed something. With my idea you have a full impromptu routine where you hands the deck the spectator, he names a number, he names a card from the deck, he counts at his named number and his card is there. The secret? Maybe, I will reveal it for free, as I already done in past with other versions, on this forum and not for 2.400$ LOL.

MP
Jeremy, it's refreshing to see guys like you doing what you're doing. Don't pay any attention to the haters. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations.

All the best,
MJ
It is the price of 2400 dollars that we are hating not Jeremy or his work.
vinny
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 22, 2011 10:20PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-22 21:04, MJ Marrs wrote:
Jeremy, it's refreshing to see guys like you doing what you're doing. Don't pay any attention to the haters. I'm looking forward to seeing some of your creations.

All the best,
MJ
[/quote]

Not sure why one would describe me as a "hater"...I love magic and according to my wife the price really doesn't matter so this doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with hating someone's work. It does have everything to do with critically examining the claims of new products that come out. Version 1 allegedly sold out at $2400 a piece. I don't really buy that and happen to think it's a bit of a marketing scam by a few people who perpetuate these kinds of inflated value for their "exclusive" effects to create hype/demand.

Let's see a demo video of the effect and see if it's worth the price. How about a few reviews from real people that actually bought the effect and not the guys friends/cronies. My ACAAN cost me about $2000 (Labco + Mnemonica/Aranson's Simply Simon) so it's not about not wanting to spend the money. The difference is I know what I'm getting when I buy Labco/etc. versus plunking down a bunch of coin on yet another ACAAN pipe dream.

SPM
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have that isn't for sale. (It is something of my own devising so, no one else has it and I have never given it away; so it is exclusive to me.) So, I started trying to figure out what that secret is worth--not in a philosophical sense, but in a real-world sense. What is it worth--for a performer --a REAL performer with a Vegas or Broadway stage show (or a movie), as opposed to 47,400 of the 47,561 users that we have here, to put my effect in his show? An effect that nobody else could have, because I wouldn't give it to anyone else. EVER!

So I go to my friend, who actually does this kind of consulting for a living (a guy like Steinmeyer, for example)--they bring him into movies and stuff....and I ask my friend, "What is an idea like this actually worth in the ENTERTAINMENT business?. He says, "Oh, that idea?! Well, an idea like that would be worth about [X] number of grand depending on if the idea was used for a one time TV special never to be aired again, or a show like on the Discovery channel that would air over and over, or if it was for a theatrical show).

So now I think I have a much more reasonably educated idea of how valuable a secret is actually worth in terms of its rarity, its quality and how it will be used.

Let me say, that $2,400 for my original ACAAN or for ACAAN 2: Holier Than Thou, is worth it. it is priced exactly right.

People like Entermagic are just ticked off that they can't (and won't) have it. (For the rest of you, I am sorry it is so expensive.)

Anyways, forget asking Danny Archer...if I am there, I will perform it in the hallway at least once....maybe twice....
Looking forward to version 2, Jeremy. I can't see how it could be better than the first, but am excited!

Benny
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 00:45, Ben Harris wrote:
Looking forward to version 2, Jeremy. I can't see how it could be better than the first, but am excited!

Benny
[/quote]

Saying that "you can't see how it could be better than the first..." I suppose you have seen the first one.
I bet you don't see it. The strange thing is that everyone refused to write a full description. I asked via PM
some people to describe this effect (These persons have criticized JW ACAAN as they have seen it) and unbelievable
they are not able to describe the effect :)

MP
How about a demo I am not familar with version one or your new version.
just want to see your effect in real world condition
vinny
ps MP is a very knowledgable when it comes to ACAAN
Lol,

I had no idea this was such a hot topic! And, I'm afraid, I'm pretty useless here due to, what I'm sure are false memories on my part. That's why I was wondering who else was with me (it was in the Dealer's Room, I think).

The only guarantee is the [i]feeling[/i] I'm left with, two years later. One of pure amazement. I remember distinctively thinking at the time about whether everyone who was watching was in on it. And then it was repeated, to the same result. It was pure magic.

That said, I'm not sure that price is a huge deal. There's a bunch of stuff in the world that I'll never buy (i.e. Lear Jet), but I don't blame Lear for it. I just think, "If it causes them to fail in a business sense, what business is it of mine?"

With regards to this effect, though, I've paid (as we all have) tons of moohlah for stuff I'll never use. So I'm sure if Jeremy is offering this kind of price, he'll be sure to back it up~ customer service wise.

My 2 cents,

jamie

P.S. Let me also say that I'm, without question, friends with Jeremy Weiss- and proud to say so. I don't want people to think I'm shilling or anything. But hopefully my reputation and Magic Friday history will speak for me. And, now that I think about it- I'm not suggesting anyone buy this in the first place, lol. I just heard that Jeremy was going to release it- and I never purchased the first one, lol. I still have no idea how it worked- and that's fine with me.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 01:15AM)
Steve: "Am I remembering this correctly? Wasn't the deck was on the table when I told you the card!"

Me:"That's right."

Steve: "That's **#@$ amazing...I don't have a clue how you did that!

Me: "That makes me happy."

That's pretty much the actual conversation when I performed my ACAAN to an extremely knowledgeable magic friend. As for Jeremy's version I can't say thatanyting because we have a Berglas recollection of an effect that has no demo video, not even a carefully worded dealer ad.

SPM
SMP,

That's the perfect way to describe it, "A Berglas recollection." I think you just added "ABR" to the magic lexicon!

[i]"I can't explain it, it was a while ago...and I've got ABR. It was awesome though!"[/i]

~jamie
The effect is worth what someone is willing to pay - purely market driven - no more no less.

Talking to informed friends about the value of proprietary knowledge can be a useful guide - but in the end the effect is worth what a buyer is willing to part with in terms of cash.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 02:04AM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 02:26, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
SMP,

That's the perfect way to describe it, "A Berglas recollection." I think you just added "ABR" to the magic lexicon!

[i]"I can't explain it, it was a while ago...and I've got ABR. It was awesome though!"[/i]

~jamie
[/quote]

Are you sure it wasn't more of a hangover thing from Vegas...just wondering.
I'm not a hater either.I think it is a good idea to have effects priced high and
keep them exclusive.But I would have thought that working pros could be offered
these effects in private.
Vinny just shared his unholy grail with me, it's one of the most elegant CAANs I have ever seen - if he's still offering it then I suggest you contact him.

To my mind these very expensive effects are only if you really want or need to fool a magician, laypeople are fooled by much, much simpler handlings e.g - second dealing until the right number.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 11:52AM)
Spectator deals the cards face up with a regular deck that's already on the table before the card/number is revealed. That's the Berglas litmus test and all versions fail to come up to that standard. Anyone who says different is playing word games with their dealer ad. They often use words like "...here's what the spectator sees..."

A question for Ben Harris...you provide a glowing recommendation but are you one of the limited few who own this? One might argue that the latter would be a stronger commitment. I happen to love your work with Crossroads and not surprisingly own it. Ditto for Jamie's bottle.

SPM
[quote]
On 2011-05-22 23:56, jeremysweiss wrote:
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have...[/quote]

Did he ask for a demo video? :)
Hmm $2,400 for a card trick.

Actually what the price is is entirely down to the seller on this one imho.

I think there's a lot of crap sold to a lot of people at low prices that generate turnover and, even if a proportion of customers complain, you still make some money out of it.(at least once before your rep suffers)

In Jeremy's case though he is selling at quite a high level and that gives me a feeling of confidence because he knows that there isn't one purchaser at that price who is going to put up with shoddy goods. Theres none of the flim flam and getting your buddies to say people just don't get it, that you get with lower priced tat.

You'll know it if it isn't up to spec.

No way, as an amateur that I would ever lay out that much money on an effect but does it bother me that others might--no, if its good enough to go at that price then great.

In fact I think the fact that magic that is still unique being hard to purchase is a good thing.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 02:44PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 13:28, Chessmann wrote:
[quote]
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have...[/quote]

Did he ask for a demo video? :)
[/quote]

One would presume he had an in-person demo.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 02:46PM)
Being one of the Holier than thou inner circle.
[quote]
On 2011-05-22 16:21, vinsmagic wrote:
Un holy grail is free to any one that's wants it just pm me
with e mail address
vinny
[/quote]Had a chance to view Vinny's CAAN. I'm always amazed how he comes up with such unique methods to accomplish an effect. No, it's not the Holy Grail and is probably more suited for a cardician than a mentalist-but it is very good. The illusion under the right circumstances is perfect and the method could probably be used for many other effects. Plus, of course, the price is right. Vinny, great job as usual!

Steve
[quote]
So, here is the deal....a while ago a certain famous someone performer asked me to "consult" on a project of theirs. He wanted a secret that I have that isn't for sale. (It is something of my own devising so, no one else has it and I have never given it away; so it is exclusive to me.) So, I started trying to figure out what that secret is worth--not in a philosophical sense, but in a real-world sense. What is it worth--for a performer --a REAL performer with a Vegas or Broadway stage show (or a movie), as opposed to 47,400 of the 47,561 users that we have here, to put my effect in his show? An effect that nobody else could have, because I wouldn't give it to anyone else. EVER!

So I go to my friend, who actually does this kind of consulting for a living (a guy like Steinmeyer, for example)--they bring him into movies and stuff....and I ask my friend, "What is an idea like this actually worth in the ENTERTAINMENT business?. He says, "Oh, that idea?! Well, an idea like that would be worth about [X] number of grand depending on if the idea was used for a one time TV special never to be aired again, or a show like on the Discovery channel that would air over and over, or if it was for a theatrical show).

So now I think I have a much more reasonably educated idea of how valuable a secret is actually worth in terms of its rarity, its quality and how it will be used.

Let me say, that $2,400 for my original ACAAN or for ACAAN 2: Holier Than Thou, is worth it. it is priced exactly right.

People like Entermagic are just ticked off that they can't (and won't) have it. (For the rest of you, I am sorry it is so expensive.)

Anyways, forget asking Danny Archer...if I am there, I will perform it in the hallway at least once....maybe twice....
[/quote]

Jeremy,

No need to apologize for the price---this is America. If people are not interested, that is their choice. Quite frankly I think the price makes absolute sense especially since the first one sold out.
$2400 is a drop in the ocean for tv, why wouldnt it be worth it? Not everything is, nor should be sold cheapily. And I don't get why some of you are ravenously chasing down jeremy just cos he's got something you're not going to get yer mitts on?

why is it so important to you?! be happy with what you've got...

I only saw it performed the once...and it was one of those white-heat full on flush like moments...
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 06:10PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 18:40, IAIN wrote:
$2400 is a drop in the ocean for tv, why wouldnt it be worth it? Not everything is, nor should be sold cheapily. And I don't get why some of you are ravenously chasing down jeremy just cos he's got something you're not going to get yer mitts on?

I only saw it performed the once...and it was one of those white-heat full on flush like moments...
[/quote]

So this is something that you immediately added to your repertoire? If I wanted it then I would buy it but based on what? The vague recollections of people who don't know quite remember the specifics. Not that ravenous about it.

SPM
Lets see a DEMO ..... If it was that good I am sure we would of heard about it thru the grapevine..
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 20:09, vinsmagic wrote:
Lets see a DEMO ..... If it was that good I am sure we would of heard about it thru the grapevine..
[/quote]

Why should he show a demo? It is completely up to Jeremy. If he can sell the effect out without a demo, why post one. I know a lot of people who will never buy the effect want a demo but that is not their call.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 08:40PM)
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 20:54, brehaut wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 20:09, vinsmagic wrote:
[/quote]

Why should he show a demo? It is completely up to Jeremy. If he can sell the effect out without a demo, why post one. I know a lot of people who will never buy the effect want a demo but that is not their call.
[/quote]

Ok, how about a review from a real person that has purchased it.
I have seen comments on this site on various threads of people who have seen it and rave about it.
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 00:59, entermagic wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 00:45, Ben Harris wrote:

Benny
[/quote]

Saying that "you can't see how it could be better than the first..." I suppose you have seen the first one.
I bet you don't see it. The strange thing is that everyone refused to write a full description. I asked via PM
some people to describe this effect (These persons have criticized JW ACAAN as they have seen it) and unbelievable
they are not able to describe the effect :)

MP
[/quote]

This is simply not true. I've seen it. And I've described it several times in several threads.
The fact that I don't include details from which you hope to re-construct the method is frustrating I understand.

Frankly what you chose to believe is your business, it doesn't change a thing.

Sincere best wishes on your journey,

d
Edit -
Lets see Prediction Extreme V2 !!

Luke
I continue to see his effect like a dirty advertisment.
I bet, as soon as possible, he will propose a new cheaper effect
and also if you try to buy it he won't sell you it.
I have an idea he says 2400$? Ok, here the solusion: 100 persons send the money to one person
and this person buys the effect for everyone. 2400/100 = 24$... Now the effect
has good price. Obvious, I am out, I don't want to know this effect.
For me it is just another joke.

MP
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 23, 2011 11:54PM)
ACAAN is truly the great white whale of card magic. Doesn't exist without some trade off ie. can't deal the cards face up, more than one deck, etc. So without more info this is simply the latest in a series of ACAAN but not the greatest...well except for the price.

SPM
Brerhaut please name the people who have raved about this effect .
talk is cheap lets see it in action I do not care about the method I have tons of methods I only want to see it period. for 2400 bucks this is the least h casm do
Armando Lucero sells his matrix for 3400 dollars and it is worth it and he has performed it even on tv

vinny
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 24, 2011 12:56AM)
The end of the world is now less than 5 months away and so why not drop $2400 to buy ACAAN? I have a great idea...why not Jamie D. Grant do a review of this in his Magic Friday column? What would Angry Bob say about this ACAAN. If Angry Bob gives it a thumbs up then I'd be willing to drop the big bucks for this.

SPM
The interested posters that pmed me and did not recieve uh holy grail ademo please let me know,
vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-24 01:41, vinsmagic wrote:
Brerhaut please name the people who have raved about this effect .
talk is cheap lets see it in action I do not care about the method I have tons of methods I only want to see it period. for 2400 bucks this is the least h casm do
Armando Lucero sells his matrix for 3400 dollars and it is worth it and he has performed it even on tv

vinny
[/quote]

Check out the thread in Penny for Your Thoughts. Also in this very thread Dmoses says he has seen it
[quote]

[/quote]

Vin, again in this thread another one who saw it and I would say "white heat full on flush" is a rave
Ok will check it out
vinny
[quote]
On 2011-05-23 19:10, Sock Puppet Monkey wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

So this is something that you immediately added to your repertoire? If I wanted it then I would buy it but based on what? The vague recollections of people who don't know quite remember the specifics. Not that ravenous about it.

SPM
[/quote]

nope - I couldn't buy it...the amount available to purchase had been taken by then...it was pretty much a fluke that I got to see it happen from start to finish...

its around a grand in UK money...i would have bought it if I had the chance though..instant selling point isn't it...
FYI--in the thread Penny for your Thoughts, Bob Cassidy received permission to reveal he purchased the effect and uses it with lay audiences. I hope this quiets the doubters.
Jeremy also has a straight jacket escape that I would have bought from him for twice this much.
Those who know him, know what I'm talking about.

Those who know him also know him to be a quietly brilliant thinker... not to mention modest.

Cost and Value are two completely different animals and those who perform know the difference.
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 24, 2011 07:48PM)
"...those who perform know the difference..."

A bit of a self serving comment that really adds nothing to the conversation. It says if you were smart you'd agree with me and since you don't agree with me then you obviously aren't that smart. Those who perform...I perform I just don't happen to agree and would like more info for a $2,400 item. Still, I'm impressed that Bob Cassidy has purchased this. I'll hold back on my fina decision after I read the reviews in Magic Friday.

SPM
Ha, come on, Jeff.

I don't need anyone to agree with me. But I would argue that my post isn't self serving. I was trying to articulate what I think this thread is about. "What makes something worth anything?"

Return on Investment.

If I did card tricks for my friends and family it'd be dumb to pay $2400 for a card trick. But if I had a big show, or a shot at a great gig it could be money well spent.

So there... My 1000th post... what the f%$k am I doing with my life?

best

d
As an owner of the original (I paid the full asking price) I can confirm that the effect DOES exist. Version 2 has also been received. Jeremy has allowed me to publicly confirm this.

Ok, the NDA just kicked in.

Benny
Message: Posted by: Sock Puppet Monkey (May 25, 2011 12:12AM)
Ben Harris, Bob Cassidy have this...hmmm. Me thinks that perhaps there's something to this after all.

I'm going to have to revise my position on this effect. I don't expect a demo because if it's as good as it appears then one isn't necessary.

SPM
Hey Benny please put up a demo so we the masses can see it
vinny
Tis NOT for the masses, Vinny.

Benny
OK bENNY SEND IT TO0 ME PRIVATE MY E MAIL VINSMAGIC@AOL.COM

VINNY
PS I WILL NOT SHARE IT WITH ANYONE
Is there a specific reason you should receive special treatment when it comes to a demo?
I wasn't speaking to you.
and if you must know iM the godfather
I was just wondering, as if a demo did happen to exist, I'd like to see it for my own enjoyment.
Hey, might as well ask!
Is there a coincidence between this release and the new book coming on David Berglas card magic, in which the Berglas effect will be described?
[quote]
On 2011-05-25 20:47, vinsmagic wrote:
I wasn't speaking to you.
and if you must know iM the godfather
[/quote]
Ha ha You tell him Godfather. No one messes with Vinny.
[quote]
On 2011-05-26 04:08, doriancaudal wrote:
Is there a coincidence between this release and the new book coming on David Berglas card magic, in which the Berglas effect will be described?
[/quote]

Yes, I anticipated the release of the book way back in 2009....
[quote]

[/quote]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH... Mr. Jeremy Weiss, you try to fool yourself. Do you believe really the people is stupid? I perform the same effect
exactly as you describe, but this happens 1/52. My spectators remember exactly that I performed it an no one will remember as I failed.
You created your website just for provocation. In one my post I wrote that I have an effect called Resurrection and after 2 weeks I read
you created an effect with the same name. Please, DON'T NAME AGAIN MY NAME ANYWHERE!!!

MP
Ok hatred aside, can we get the described routine again? If not, a demo.
I would figure Jeremys work is a reality, not because recognizable and respected names say so but because he seems to have access to less then common knowledge via the professional line of work he is in.

He could very well be drawing his means from outside of familiar fields.

I have not been witness to his work, but I will also say that I will not put myself at a detriment by surrounding another in lack and doubt.

In the end any judgement is self judgement because ultimately it is only you who will live within the breadth and width of your own perception.