(Close Window)
Topic: Flash wand
Message: Posted by: David Waldorf (May 27, 2011 01:42PM)
The description I saw of a flash wand for sale said that it uses standard pistol caps. Would these be the ring kind sold for toy cap guns, or percussion caps like for a caplock rifle?

Also, I saw another one for sale that was electric, and the description said something about not making any noise to give away the effect. Do people know how it worked if you use a cap powered one?

Thanks in advance.
Message: Posted by: tbaer (May 27, 2011 08:07PM)

This is a nice flash wand. I use mine quite often. I'm not sure about the ones you are referring to.
Message: Posted by: Ray Pierce (May 27, 2011 09:01PM)
The "Cap Style" I knew of used the round plastic caps and had a sliding weight that would fire the two end tips as needed. Yes, there is a small "pop" as the cap ignites the flash paper. The other electric one usually uses a glow plug so there is no pop but it is more delicate.
Message: Posted by: Harrismatic (Jun 4, 2011 04:32PM)
Simply, there are two types, one with caps and one electric. each of these types have two versions one single shooting, and another one double shooting.I own the double one with caps and I like it. the "bang" adds to the flash and furthermore you control totally the flash.
I like it , it is cheap too
Message: Posted by: marknem7 (Jun 23, 2011 11:59PM)
The "bang" always sounds cheezy and unimpressive to me. Too much like a child's toy cap pistol and cancels out much of the impact of the flash.