(Close Window)
Topic: 31 Sources Of Gigs
Hey there my fellow Café members,
I wasn't sure whether to put this on here or not but, here we go anyway. Basically I'm hosting a totally no-cost teleseminar (you can listen online) called 31 SOURCES OF GIGS on June 14th.

It's free to listen in, and there is no crazy catch or pitch. I'm doing it because I've been full-time for 9 years now in the business and have been getting a lot of emails recently about how to get gigs.

If it's of interest, hope over to the link below and I hope I can help you out identifying some new ways of getting yourself out there to perform for more audiences:

http://mentalunderground.com/webinar/31-sources-of-gigs/

- K
Message: Posted by: SpellbinderEntertainment (Jun 7, 2011 02:13PM)
In the Magic, Inc. Success Book series, Jay Marshall describes 100 ways to make a living in magic, it was originally published in the 1960's but much of the market is quite relevant today! I've seen used copies here and there, try ABE Books online. Magically, Walt
10am on a Tuesday?
That will certainly help to limit the numbers of sign-ups. :hmm:
Marked on the calendar.
Steve,
I only have 100 lines (to be honest hosting these things was more pricey than I expected) and we're at 91 as of last night when I checked, so it seems that it worked out alright in the end (pure luck though to be honest).

CHEERS
- K
Tuned into Ken Dyne's audio blog yesterday. He did what he promised and gave 31 ways that will help you get gigs. I liked his enthusiasm and quick comments. Made the list very enjoyable. He did not sell anything and that was refreshing as well.

Now everything he suggest does cost something so a good wallet full of cash will help anyone pull most, if not all of these off. Actually, you have heard most of the ideas here on the Café and many other places. It was nice to here he was successful with all of them to keep his date book full.

In the end, he did mention, but should have listed it as number one. The most important way to get shows is for the person to take action on any of the suggestions. Stop dreaming and searching, and physically do it. That is the only way to be successful, toot your own horn. And if you are any good, other will toot it for you.

He is selling the recording for those that may be interested in hearing it, on his site. So if you think you need a "to do list" then you can download it.

Thanks Ken Dyne it was enjoyable to listen to you. Love that British accent.
Hi buddy, you are very welcome. Pleased you got a lot from it, I'm really grateful for all the nice emails and things I've received too.