(Close Window)
Topic: Is the SAM "aligned" with the IBM ?
Someone in our club is telling me that the SAM and the IBM are "aligned" with each other. I'm not quite sure what that means. He goes on to tell me that KIDabra (http://www.kidabra.com/ - the Association of Family and Kidshow Performers) is not aligned with the IBM.

His reason for bringing this up is that he believes that someone who is a member of the executive of the local SAM club should be allowed to be a member of the executive of the local IBM Ring, but someone who is a member of the executive of the local KIDabra Chapter should not be allowed to be a member of the executive of the local IBM Ring, because they're not "aligned".

Any opinions on this?
As far as I know, all three are completely different. I am a member of all three, and have seen nothing as you have stated. However, I am in a remote location and do not belong to any local chapters.
I think perhaps you should ask him what he thinks "aligned" means in practise, and how it works to support his IBM/SAM view - vs. why it doesn't apply to KIDabra.

It might just be prejudice.

Keith F.
In Cincinnati, many members of the I.B.M. Ring are also members of the SAM Chapter. So, any alignment is with a love of magic. They are separate organizations with their own boards looking out for the best interest of their constituents. Sometimes these interests align and sometimes they don't.

Bobby