(Close Window)
Topic: Figure alert - Payes figure
Anyone here in the NYC area, there's a Payes figure on craigslist for 200. - pickup only so it's only a deal for someone who lives in NYC or near there.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clt/2431550049.html
I am wondering if the figure talks with a New York accent?
Maybe....
Too bad you couldn't get him - have the wig changed to a gray one, maybe put a gray mustache on him and he could be that figure that is supposed to be Dan's father you mentioned wanting to get.
With the one that I have, there's TWO of a kind. This was the "Preston" figure that Dan was making. There was actual THREE of a kind, as I had two at one point in time.
I had one myself at one time.
I got one too! Only problem is a huge "Hole" appears in his neck when he talks.....lol...cheers! JIMO
I also had one. Dan made the Preston figure for quite a number of years (it was his first figure)and if I am correct made around 25 of them before he broke the mold.
Dan
http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com
Shortly here, I'll be pulling the plug so I can pack up the computer.
I would have done a separate thread to say see ya soon, but the powers-that-be might have moved it to some off-topic section, and since I don't hang out or know anyone in any other part of the Café, it would have been meaningless.
But I figured since I started this thread, I could hijack it.
So I'll be "talking" to you all when I get hooked back up in our new home.

[img]http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q264/blueshawk1/movingtruck_medium.jpg[/img]
Look forward to your return!

-Philip
Happy Trails to you, see you soon.
Have a safe trip
Unpack the woodworking tools First :)
Okay, now for the bad news........I'm Back!
We made it through a mostly uneventful trip. We left last Tuesday morning and got in here Wed. night, just got the internet hooked up yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to get on-line.
[quote]
On 2011-06-13 22:42, manal wrote:
Unpack the woodworking tools First :)
[/quote]
I'd like to, I've caught glimpses of them....but it will be a while before I get to set up my shop. We unloaded everything in the truck into the garage, so everything's got to be put away yet with the garage eventually being cleaned out except for my yard and shop tools - got a bunch of stuff to do here otherwise, and then maybe I'll finally get to set up shop again.
......got a bunch of stuff to do here otherwise, and then maybe I'll finally get to set up shop again.

So, why are you wasting time, chatting with us here on the internet. Get to work!!!!!!

:)
Welcome back , I'm glad you had a safe trip

Buzz
[quote]
On 2011-06-23 15:30, Howie Diddot wrote:
Welcome back , I'm glad you had a safe trip
Buzz
[/quote]
Thank you Buzz!
[quote]
On 2011-06-23 11:25, creativemac wrote:
So, why are you wasting time, chatting with us here on the internet. Get to work!!!!!!
[/quote]
Actually, I'm taking a little more slack time than I care to admit - the AC isn't working here, so with no break from the heat, it's slowing me down a bit - but on the bright side, I'm acclimating a little quicker. :)
But I haven't been a total slacker, got the most important room in the house set up - my den.
And of course a lot of other things put away as well, been doing some misc. needed work here and there, including a bunch in the yard (the house was empty for nearly two years, so you can imagine.....).
Still got a long ways to go to get everything sorted out and put away, the yard straightened out, etc., and of course, getting a new AC unit in....but yes, I am anxious to get the shop set up. I already had some basswood on hand, but before I left New York, I bought some more because I knew where to get it there and wanted to make sure I had enough to last me for a while.
Here's something else that came up as a result of this move;
While this house in many ways is bigger than our last, it is smaller in regards to storage space, that plus both houses had/have a spare bedroom - in the other house, I used it for my stuff, in this house, with the exception of the closet where I've stuffed my guitars, we want to keep the spare bedroom a spare bedroom, so that cuts me back a LOT more.
In the packing up for moving and going through stuff now, I discovered just how many puppets and vent dolls I had accumulated in my days of gathering figures, puppets, vent dolls, etc., etc. A number of years ago, when I decided to take a little hiatus from venting activities, I sold off a number of the my excessive figures and puppets and extra books, etc., but what I still have way too many of are vent dolls.
Why I accumulated so many, I don't know....well, some I do. I have about a couple dozen Simon Sez dolls, but I had a specific plan for those for a program, and those I would probably keep around in case I decide to start up with that again, but all the others....
The thing is, they're not worth selling on ebay and you can't even give them away, or even offering them up for free, they're barely worth what it would cost to ship them.
May just end up tossing them, but hate to do that, you know.....but even if I had room to store them, I really wouldn't want to....we'll see what happens.
Message: Posted by: Steve at The Dummy Shoppe (Jun 24, 2011 09:26AM)
Blueshawk1,

Do you have enough yard space for a good sized portable storage building? That could answer both your storage and shop problems in one whack.

If you feel creative, I was the plant manager of a portable building factory 30 years ago, and I would be happy to walk you through the steps of building one if you are interested. Let me know.

Steve

http://www.thedummyshoppe.com
We have a good size yard, but not big enough for that. I do plan on putting up a small garden shed for my yard tools and stuff like that. I could build one (I worked for a contractor for a number of years), but I plan on putting up one of those double wall plastic ones they sell everywhere now - a lot less trouble to maintain.

But as far as the vent dolls go, like I said, even with the space, I don't even think I'd want to store them all and keep them around just to have them sitting taking up space when I have no possible use for them (except the Simon Sez ones, I'll probably find a place for them as I may have a use for them again.
Dave, you can keep them at my house, I have the room and I can exercise them for you by using them in my shows
I'd gladly give then to you if we lived close enough for me to just hand them over, not worth it to ship them, they're old, and many crappy cond, vent dolls I gathered here there cheap, for what purpose, I don't know now. Still have some puppets I'll never use either, those might be worth me putting up for sale on ebay as a lot since they're lightweight, I have to look and see what exactly I have.
Dave, now that you're closer, perhaps you'll join us at a FVA meeting. Next meeting Sept.
I remember reading posts about that, but didn't really pay attention to plce and dates since it wasn't even a remote possibility for me to attend before
Where is that held?
Is that a once a year thing?
[quote]
On 2011-06-27 02:25, creativemac wrote:
Dave, now that you're closer, perhaps you'll join us at a FVA meeting. Next meeting Sept.
[/quote]

FVA!!! Is that the Future ventriloquists of America?
Florida Ventriloquists Association (I think).
I like mine better

I wonder how they conduct meetings in the FMA the Florida Mime Association, is it quiet, or do they all mime at once?
They won't say.

-Philip
The last guy that did say, ain't saying anymore.
Dave,
we meet bi-monthly, across mid Florida (Cocoa, Orlando, Tampa.)
I'll keep up updated about next meeting.
Yes, please do, thank you.
Whether or not I'll be able to attend is hard for me to say at this point, but I want to attend, if I have my way about it, I like to become a regular attendee.
[quote]
On 2011-06-27 23:29, Servante wrote:
They won't say.

-Philip
[/quote]

:lol:

Troy
Yippee, they're installing the new AC today!
I'll get to be a cool dude tonite.
[quote]
On 2011-06-27 23:24, Howie Diddot wrote:
I wonder how they conduct meetings in the FMA the Florida Mime Association, is it quiet, or do they all mime at once?
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2011-06-27 23:29, Servante wrote:
They won't say.
-Philip
[/quote]

So Dave now that your living in Florida; I understand when the Florida police arrest a Mime it is not necessary to inform the Mime that he, or she has the right to remain silent.

Is that true?
Hahaa, not only that, but they don't have to offer them the right to speak to a lawyer.
The Mime can't even ask for a lawyer

I wonder how many Mime's are in jail because they didn't speak up?
A true fact, a mute protester was recently arrested for shouting anti government statements in the European strife.
What? Did he have a loud sign?