(Close Window)
Topic: Drunk Test. webcam vid.
This rather casual (public) video features some simple slight of hand. I don't think my entertaining persona is even showing in this video, and it is definitely not polished. I just recorded this and was thinking about entering Jay Sankey's "bending the real" contest after I recorded it and watched it.

I think that the slight of hand is as tight as I can get it right now. A few tweaks could be done, but for the most part, this is my trick that I can do drunk, sleeping, and on a ship at sea in stormy waters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAYNCvsp_9A

As magicians, I want to hear your criticisms. Help me out here, give me some advice. Of course I developed this idea when I thought about possibly working as a bartender and doing some magic at the bar for patrons.

-Nick
I watched the video a couple of times. The slight of hand seems pretty good but to me you seem a bit tense when you do your moves. Now granted this was filmed at your home I'm assuming and not in a live "bar" type situation but just relax. I don't think you have to keep repeating the "how many here" line as I personally think that may draw attention that you did something sneaky.

I certainly like the take on the 2 in the hand one in the pocket idea. Its fresh and organic as opposed to using sponge balls. Keep up the good work though, I can see where you think this will be good as a sobriety test in a bar setting.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Bobby :)
Thanks! Hopefully I'll get better with time. And I do feel like there are moments, not just on this video, where I'm rushing through a move. But its helpful to hear some feedback.

~Nick