(Close Window)
Topic: F.L. Jerry
Is anyone familiar with this online store? I purchased a few items a number of weeks ago, and they sent me one wrong item. I have emailed them about 5 or 6 times since the initial order, and have gotten no response. Are they dead or just plain shady? (I'm a new member, so my apologies if this type of post belongs somewhere else).
Looked at their site quickly, and I personally would not order from an online vendor who provides only an email form for contact... the "links" under "contact us" are not active, no phone number, no street address, etc. I do see that they take paypal, so if that was your method of payment you may have recourse there.

I also read in their "terms" page that they appear to be in NY, so doing some research there may also be helpful. Good luck.
This kind of stuff happens every once in awhile and unfortunately if you're not out all that much it's easier to write it off and never do business with them again. I say that after going after some guy for $5.

If you paid with Pay Pal or a Credit Card you have some recourse there by disputing the charges. It will be easier for the seller to satisfy you than deal with them.

Now if Mr. Templeton is correct and they are in NY one thing I have done (not with magic dealers) is threaten, or actually, contact the State's Attorney General. Currently it is Mr. Eric T. Schneiderman. The two guys before them were real hostile twards business, I think they thought being pit bull type AGs would endear them with the public. I don't know what this guy is like. Anyway, you can download a complaint form from the AG's website and go from there. If you were truly ripped off, fill out the form. If you just want to provoke some action, contact the company and inform them you plan to file a complaint and you need some info like the name of their attorney. That's as far as it usually has to go. Most people threaten to call the BBB or something like that but you need someone with some teeth.

Having said all that, I'm not an advocate of threatening people frivolously especially when it comes to legal action. You could hurt someone's business so think carefully before you take action. Always give them the chance to do the right thing first, it's the right thing to do. Some of the time your dealing with a crook but most of the time it's someone who is unorganized, or lazy or just someone that doesn't know how to run a business.

Hopefully you can get your problem resolved.

Respectfully,

Phil

P.S. I hope I'm not helping out the infamous Mr. Moriarty, Mr. Holmes' nemesis.
Thank you both for your responses. I'm not into threatening people with legal action either, especially for a small amount; however, I ended up contacting the BBB, and filed a complaint. Soon after I mysteriously received a refund via Paypal. I just don't understand why magic businesses would operate like that, or any business for that matter. Anyway, lesson learned. I will be more careful who I purchase from in the future. Thanks again, guys.