(Close Window)
Topic: Color Changing Knife; paint suggestions.
I like Darryl's Color-Changing Knife Routine and even have a set of his knives. I don't use them, tho, (I use the standard pearl finish/black finish style) for two reasons. One; I like my patter, about a friend I had as a kid, who had a beautiful pearl-handled knife. While all I ever had was a plain, cheap black-handled version, ect. Two; the "smudge", on Darryl's knife, where the two colors meet, at the climax, is *under* the clear plastic handle. I know some will say that this makes the finish "even more amazing". Maybe it's just me, but I think it makes the finish more obscure.

To this end, I have made a Darryl half-and-half knife by painting one side of the all-white knife black on one end. In the middle I pressed my finger to achieve the fingerprint smudge. Trouble is, the fingerprint is not as clear as I would prefer. I have experimented with regular black spray paint and even Testors model paint enamel (remember that?). I have tried putting the paint on my finger first and pressing on the knife. I've tried painting the knife and then pressing on the still wet paint. Nothing I've tried creates a clear image of a fingerprint. Anyone have any suggestions on how to create a clear realistic fingerprint on the knife? :thanx:
Look at a craft store for a rubber stamp. I know my mom does all kinds of stamping stuff and I believe I remember seeing a fingerprint in there somewhere.
i took a color changing knife, and made the black side out of walnut wood. looks awesome, took alot of time but turned out fantastic !
[quote]
On 2003-09-01 08:33, sleightofhand1 wrote:
i took a color changing knife, and made the black side out of walnut wood. looks awesome, took alot of time but turned out fantastic !
[/quote]

I bet it would look even better not sitting in your drawer unused??

:sun:
haha don't feel bad, mine is in my box too