(Close Window)
Topic: Does it bite? I don't know...
About two years ago, maybe more, I was brainstorming with someone, I can't remember who it was now, and we came up with the idea of a toy animal that would bite someone. They wouldnt feel it, but when they look at where they were supposedly bitten, they have bite marks.

I was just now thinking about it again, and I came up with the idea to use a snake skeleton, which, although the specemin is dead, still bites. After waving the head over or near thier hand, it actually leaves fang marks.

With this I have a few questions... is it a marketed effect? If it is, than I do not need to proceed any further. If it isn't, than do any of you know where I could find a snake skeleton?

Thanks!
Ty
Sir T mentioned a site in a previous Bone related thread in this forum

http://www.boneroom.com/bone/bone1.html

This page had an articulated snake skeleton...but not cheap
Check under animal skeletons......my spelling gets worse ;)

Hoorah........found the edit option, teach me not to read FAQ's
Thanks!

With those prices I might go with a mouse skull instead...
That's the thing about living in the UK. We don't have many snakes, so I wouldn't know if it's expensive or cheap. Now the US..... can't you walk outside and pick one up....only joking

Martin

:bg:
That reminds me .........I remember seeing a kids 3 D jigsaw that was the skeleton of a snake. With the right paint job.....I'll keep an eye open

Martin
What about turning a fake one into a live one? Kind of like "Holy Moses" by Rick Johnson (Practical Impossibilities).
PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat

[quote]
On 2002-04-28 15:00, MindExplosion wrote:
About two years ago, maybe more, I was brainstorming with someone, I can't remember who it was now, and we came up with the idea of a toy animal that would bite someone. They wouldnt feel it, but when they look at where they were supposedly bitten, they have bite marks.

I was just now thinking about it again, and I came up with the idea to use a snake skeleton, which, although the specemin is dead, still bites. After waving the head over or near thier hand, it actually leaves fang marks.

With this I have a few questions... is it a marketed effect? If it is, than I do not need to proceed any further. If it isn't, than do any of you know where I could find a snake skeleton?

Thanks!
Ty

[/quote]
That would be REALLY cool....

But my mom is terrified of snakes. Mice... I don't know. I have never really liked animals that need to be fed and all on a daily basis.
Greetings,

Doc Sheils had a fun routine where the lights went out and an evil elf escaped out of a box. The elf left foot prints in the sand and bit a guest with an evil giggle. Perhaps someone can recall which of his books it is in?

(Note that many of Sheils' effects required turning out the lights :-)

TTFN,
Sam Haine