(Close Window)
Topic: The Logical Disconnect
"The Logical Disconnect" is my latest eBook. It arose from many of the questions that were posed in the Inner Thoughts forum about my definition and applications of the principle.

Purchasers of the eBook will also receive admission to the upcoming teleseminar/audio on the subject as well as post event notes.

Good thoughts and thanks to all of those Café members who provided input for this project.

Bob
Very, very interesting Mr. Cassidy.

Can you give us more details about the routines included?
Does the theory behind this apply to people with hair?

It's not quite done yet, right (i.e., I ordered it a couple days ago and haven't received it yet from Jheff)?
[quote]
On 2011-08-18 22:18, J.Prager wrote:
Can you give us more details about the routines included?
[/quote]

Who cares about effects ? Mr. Cassidy´s thoughts alone are pure gold.
Yes, the book is now done and has been sent off to Jheff. So you should be receiving it shortly.

The routines include a modernized stage/close-up version of the film canister revelation, an ESP card test, matrix variations, together with the analyses of several other effects.

The book, however, and the upcoming teleseminar which will be accessible by all purchasers, is primarily about how the Logical Disconnect can be applied to almost any routine. It is intended for advanced performers who have a good foundation in the art.

And, yes, the theories will work whether you're haired or hairless.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Just received my copy. Thanks Bob!
Wow! Jheff is quick! I only sent it to him about an hour ago!

This is a new record for me. The book was only two days late!

:eek:
With all the respect Mr. Cassidy, I have to warn you that I will suck all the information from your brain, I need it.

How can I do it?
Maybe reading your books, maybe...
Got it as well.

So much for getting a full night's sleep!
Mine too has arrived. I'll dive in tomorrow, at first glance this looks to exceed my expectations. The workbook format lends itself to application of the principle to your own work. Brilliant!

Thanks again Mr. Cassidy for your generosity.
Well, the book is only part of the package. There is also the teleseminar and post event notes to come.

You all will get out of this as much as you choose to put in. I hope it will be valuable to you.

Good thoughts,

Bob
This is a really terrific resource with great examples from all your experience performing in the real world...the theory is great, and how you show the ways your own presentations of things have changed as a result of applying your theory is simply brilliant.

Many thanks for making this available.

Dr Todd
Received it!
As always from Bob: Gold!
Bob, I am unfamiliar with teleseminars. Can you please explain what they are what what yours will be about/do? :)

This is a downloadable ebook correct?

And finally, audio recordings? Does this mean that there will be an audio book? :D
Yes, it's an ebook.

Seminars like this:

http://www.lybrary.com/artful-mentalism-p-7589.html

Bob's been doing a series of them. The first is very good indeed, and involved Bob being interviewed by Michael Weber. I imagine that the audio recording will be available at a later date.

I haven't attended a seminar so far, so I hope that I'll be able to join this one.
This $#@&^%* book is impossible to get through!!!

You have to pause every few pages, consider the fantastic information/techniques/ponderings/ideas/suggestions, then re-read, pause to consider the fantastic information/techniques/ponderings/ideas/suggestions, re-read . . .

Why can't Caassidy just follow the example of those who have cluttered the field of mentalism with scribblings that you can read in between sips of a martini and never have to give the content a second thought?

I mean the guy has been a mentalist forever. Isn't it about time he learned how to write?!
What do you expect? I were a English major.

I cud talk proper ever since I wuz children!
You still is children Iain.

Seriously, though- thanks for the nice comments guys. I really appreciate it.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Well this is a no brainer.... Off to Jeffs site
Still waiting for mine to arrive in my mail. Looking forward to a good read.
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:16, voh002 wrote:
[/quote]

you can order a printed copy?
No. It's an eBook. Though you can print it out if you like.

If you've ordered it and haven't received it yet, please contact Jheff. These have been going out since last night.

Best-

Bob
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:20, IAIN wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Email. It's like mail, but in the future.
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:20, IAIN wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Sorry. It should have been my e mail. Wrong word.
Ah..if he included the all important "e" I wouldnt have gotten so confused!
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:23, mastermindreader wrote:

If you've ordered it and haven't received it yet, please contact Jheff. These have been going out since last night.

Best-

Bob
[/quote]

Ok. I ordered the ebook for approx. 10 hours ago. I will contact him.
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:27, voh002 wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 13:23, mastermindreader wrote:

Best-

Bob
[/quote]

Ok. I ordered the ebook for approx. 10 hours ago. I will contact him.
[/quote]

Received ;-)
Oh, that explains it. Jheff and I are on West Coast time (PST). Unlike myself, Jheff doesn't stay up all night, so he probably didn't see your order until he got up this morning.
Ok. Then there will be ten or eleven hours in time difference. Almost bedtime here, and I have something to read :)
I got mine......
I'm gonna disconnect for a while
Thanks bob

Cheers
Pourang
It's good to get disconnected once in a while.
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 16:49, mastermindreader wrote:
[/quote]

...said your hair
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 16:53, cpbartak wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 16:49, mastermindreader wrote:
[/quote]

...said your hair
[/quote]

Absolutely great eBook. Thanks Bob! I was familiar most of the material because I have seen your lectures and read your books. Anyway, there was a lot of small things that helped to understand what the logical disconnect really is, how you can use it and why you always should analazy your routines from this point of view. I really looking for that Teleseminar.

PP
Pete-

Glad you are finding it useful. Again, keep in mind that this is mainly a foundational piece and a workbook for the included teleseminar/audio which will include additional material and even deeper exploration of the principle.

Best-

Bob
Just a note to let you all know that our good friend and fine mentalist Sean Waters has contributed a wonderful routine for the Logical Disconnect Teleseminar/audio and post-event notes. It's a really fascinating piece.

Those of you who have already received the eBook are invited to send me questions that you'd like discussed in the audio and post notes. You can either email them to me at the address given in the eBook or post them on the Logical Disconnect thread in Inner Thoughts.

Good thoughts and stay disconnected!

Bob
Bob,

Thanks for this, my friend. I'm looking forward to sitting down and "soaking" it all in during the week. Gotta say, this is one very well presented ebook. Easy on the eye, nice clean layout.

Cheers, man.

Benny
I was just talking about this with a good friend the other day... a few of us have been waiting for this release since whispers of it started.

Off to order.

Thanks Bob.
Ordered. Paid. Received... WOW that was quick.

Im supposed to be on holidays but with L.D AND Mental Miracles DVD to get through... looks like its going to be 2 weeks of Bob.

Oh well.. the beach can wait.
[quote]From [i]The Principia Mentalia[/i]:

[b]Principium 15

To Avoid Detection
Use Misdirection.[/b]

It is very important to disconnect everything, if you know what I mean. If
not, you should do it anyway because it is a good thing.

- Dr. Bob[/quote]
For those of you who have at least 50 posts at the Café, and therefore have access to "Inner Thoughts" some early reviews have been posted there.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=418279&forum=82&64&start=60#3

Good thoughts,

Bob
Just started reading this... man, good stuff.

Thanks Bob!
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 08:25, Thomas Cooper wrote:
Bob, I am unfamiliar with teleseminars. Can you please explain what they are what what yours will be about/do? :)

This is a downloadable ebook correct?

And finally, audio recordings? Does this mean that there will be an audio book? :D
[/quote]

I have created a special webpage containing a complete FAQ about the eBook and teleseminar. You may view it at [url=http://sites.google.com/site/jazzmentalism/]The Logical Disconnect[/url]

This will answer all of your questions and a few more that you didn't ask. It also explains how the teleseminar will work and how to get the most out of the upcoming event.

IMPORTANT- Anyone who would like to participate in the live portion of the project, but has not yet obtained THE LOGICAL DISCONNECT eBook should visit the above URL immediately to insure "seat" availability.

Good thoughts and Get Disconnected

Bob
[quote]
On 2011-08-21 07:20, Paul Shirley wrote:
Just started reading this... man, good stuff.

Thanks Bob!
[/quote]

Thanks Paul. Wait until you see the nice surprise set for the teleseminar and post event notes.

Best-

Bob
Bob (and anybody who thinks he can answer the question), would you recommend this work to someone who doesn't perform that much (maybe twice a month close up), hasn't found a consistent performing character yet and sees himself as a beginner in many regards?
Kurundur-

While I imagine a beginner might get something out of it, the logical disconnect will have a lot more meaning and relevance to experienced performers. The book and the teleseminar (all of my teleseminars for that matter) are directed primarily at those who have a solid foundation in mentalism and at least a moderate amount of performing experience.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Thank you Bob. Then this goes on my list of Not-just-yet-but-when-I'm-ready-purchases :)
When I read about this I didn't hesitate even one bit to order it. It really is a gem that I'm sure I'll refer to constantly. Thanks for your work Bob.

Leo
Thanks guys. I really appreciate it. This is turning into a much more ambitious project than I originally envisioned. Can't wait to talk to you all on the teleseminar/audio.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Bob's work is amazing "per se" and, as such, is worth so much more than the pittance it's being sold for.

However, astute mentalists (and others) will see in it a foundation stone for a breathtaking revisioning of their art. Notice I say "a" here, because the LD points the way to other foundation stones and contains within it a subtle but extremely valuable blueprint for the construction of the structure.

(BTW, at the risk of seeming the heretic, even "those other people"--aka "magicians"--will find it valuable for the same reasons, although some may argue that the claims of the mentalists are much stronger.)
[quote]
On 2011-08-19 22:34, mastermindreader wrote:
Just a note to let you all know that our good friend and fine mentalist Sean Waters has contributed a wonderful routine for the Logical Disconnect Teleseminar/audio and post-event notes. It's a really fascinating piece.

Those of you who have already received the eBook are invited to send me questions that you'd like discussed in the audio and post notes. You can either email them to me at the address given in the eBook or post them on the Logical Disconnect thread in Inner Thoughts.

Good thoughts and stay disconnected!

Bob
[/quote]

Thanks for mentioning my contribution. I think a study of the "Logical Disconnect" is one of the most beneficial concepts to consider. This is simply a great ebook/project. It's funny, Bob... one of the disconnects mentioned in my routine, I first came across in your "Art of Mentalism" book years ago. It was my first exposure to that concept. I was just re-reading that last night. It's an honor to be included in this project.

With regards,

Sean
It's an honor to include your contribution in the project, Sean.

Best-

Bob
Since I prefer not to discuss details involving secrets in the public areas of the Café, there is an in depth discussion of the logical disconnect in the "Inner Thoughts" forum at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=418279&forum=82&64&start=60#3

Good thoughts,

Bob