(Close Window)
Topic: The Practical Psychic's Little Book Series by Neal Scryer & Richard Webster.
I thought it was worth having a separate topic where we could post our thoughts and reviews on both of these wonderful Books.
Book 1 - The Practical Psychic's Little Black Book.
Book 2 - The Practical Psychic's Little White Book.

This would be a fresh start away from the twists and turns of the alternative topic entitled " Who is Neal Scryer "

Regards
Dr Rob.
I've avoided that previous thread 'cos it got too confusing.
If you are serious about your psychic entertainment, and wanting to find unique, beautifully presented mysteries that people remember you for...these are the books to buy...
Where do you get them?
Thank you, that is why I thought a new topic could be opened to keep the discussions specific to the books.

With regards to purchasing the books the first one (The Practical Psychic's Little Black Book) is sold out however there was one copy still available at Steve's magic in the US.
The second copy can be purchased through Doug Dyments site which hopefully someone could add the link to please, I will try but my tablet has difficulty adding links.

Dr Rob.
Hi Bev,

The website for the second book is http://www.deceptionary.com, The book can be found under products and click through to Richard Webster's publications.

Dr Rob.
I bought the Black book and thought it was excellent!

I don't think it is a good book for people who want to do "tricks" but more for people who do it for "real"!

I bought the White book without giving it a thought! Hasn't arrived yet though! Really looking forward to it though!
My period of holiday and study in America is coming to its (stormy) end. In this month I've had the honor to meet, know and learn from Neal Scryer, enjoying with him the subtleties of real psychic work and psychic entertainment, as explained by a very gentle and very competent person.

Even if mentalism and psychic entertainment are not what I do for a living, I perform regularly on several occasions and in different cities, and have developed a kind of sense for what works and what does not.

A note: as an academic, I generally don't display excessive enthusiasm, when it comes to professional literature. Neither am I prone to benevolence towards books or articles written by friends (and Neal has become a friend to me). So I can with absolute serenity affirm what follows:

Neal Scryer's material is of the utmost quality. Things that work incredibly well. I can say this also because I did already use some of these suggestions and techniques -not so competently, of course. And even in my versions, these things left people literally mute. You can imagine if done properly, and along the lines Neal Scryer indicates.

My suggestion is: if you really want to learn a perspective on psychic entertainment -a method- along with advices, techniques, routines, read *everything* Neal has written -or would plan to write in the future.
Neal´s work is really mess up minds. Is practical, powerful and simple.
You should buy this book because it's gold!

:)
Mine will be sitting at home in Australia for me when I get back... I will review after I have read it a few times.

I should have used my psychic powers taught in the black book and had them deliver it to my hotel in Thailand!! DOH! I DO have the black book here with me though... so all is not lost.

Pina Coladas on the beach AND Scryers new book! Total Nirvana!
Wow, big names supporting this new book.
The last one was great so I ordered the next one - so add one smallfry voice supporter too :)
Here's another smallfry voice of support!
And a tadpole... :)
My copy of The White book arrived today and it will be treasured, I am already a few pages in and I am sure it will be completely read this very evening.
I liked Docc Hilford's writings on his meeting with Neal, just by that small entry you can see what a remarkable Gentleman Neal is.

I hope those who also ordered the book receive it soon and add their comments here.

Have a wonderful weekend all.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
I heard it has a really good past life regression piece in it. Can't wait.
Another smallfry to add to the praises!
It has been a crazy busy year. So, okay, let me concede that I am behind. It has taken me this long to read The Practical Psychic's Little Black Book.

I cannot reclaim the past seven months. Oh how I wish I could. I would go back in time and read this work, and I guarantee the last seven months would have been better - for my audiences. The book contains some of the greatest real world effort in decades. From taking psychometry to a new level and bringing pendulum work down to earth...wow.

I am almost dismayed that this material is shared with the world. (I wish I could buy all of volume two to keep it contained.)

I sat at lunch yesterday and did some pendulum work on a client's wife. I think the client thought she was going home with me ... it was one of the most intimate experiences as she cleared her mind.. and watched it happen.

I guarantee I will reread this book twice before Vol 2 arrives, and Vol 2 will NOT sit on my desk for a second.

Neal, you are a true pro with a solid understanding of the craft. Write more! ...just for me.

H
Got my copy. Lottsa great stuff. I think the Past Life chapter opens so many new doors, it'll be a standard piece in many repetoires in the near future. Almost disappointed that Neal released this gem to the community. It's that *** good.

OK, forget it. Don't buy the book. Only a few select performers deserve to use this material.

Regards,
B.
Man.... have had to extend my Thailand trip by ANOTHER 2 weeks... and I KNOW the book will be waiting for me at home. Sucks!

I wonder how long they could ship one to my hotel in thailand if I ordered a second one?? Hmmmmmmm? :)
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 00:23, Paul Shirley wrote:
Man.... have had to extend my Thailand trip by ANOTHER 2 weeks...
[/quote]

Oh diddums. You poor thing you, what a tough life! :P

You better be back by the 22nd, you owe me a beer. ;)
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 01:19, Sid Helkule wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 00:23, Paul Shirley wrote:
Man.... have had to extend my Thailand trip by ANOTHER 2 weeks...
[/quote]

Oh diddums. You poor thing you, what a tough life! :P

You better be back by the 22nd, you owe me a beer. ;)
[/quote]

Doctors orders man... my hands are tied on this one.

Owe you more than a beer dude... will make sure I am back by the 22nd :)
Your so Lucky Mr.Shirley wish I could travel to.My wife is having our first born baby boy.I was thinking I love this place so much that would like to name our first born boy Steve after Steve Brooks. Do you think he would mind.
Congratulations, CarlZen! I certainly cannot speak for Steve Brooks, but I think its a very nice thought!
You can call him stevebrooks zen junior
Great news just got my white book mailman brought to door just now can't wait to read it.Will give you all my thoughts later or tomorrow know it's going to be killer stuff.
Let us know your thoughts Carlzen!
Got to tell you Mr. Pine so far what I have read is great.Have been jumping all over the place one thing seems better than other lots of killer stuff.I will start to read from start I think this time.I love this book so far can't believe he is tipping all this great stuff.Will keep you gents posted
**sigh**

I am SO tempted by this.

I need to tell myself that I DO, in fact, NEED another book.

I do. I do. I do.

David

PS I do.
...I did.
From what I've heard about you David (having a passion for mentalism etc), you will be Very happy with your new book. Let me know if I am right. ;) I'm currently loving every single page I read. :readingbook:
As did I! I was going to hold out for a bit longer but thought, If it's half as good as the black book, I'll be more then happy with my purchase.

Darren
Thanks lostpoet.

I keep thinking that I need another book like I need another you-know-what. But this really sounds like a special one and I'm always up for "special."

David
I just read another one called angelic implant.The book says Neal had this in a dream.My god it's incredible this man has to be from another dimension it's uncanny what's in this book.I am still finding more and more and there's like sixty plus things in here.Got to tell you if it was me I would never tip this stuff.Anyway back to book see you guys tomorrow.
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 20:37, David Thiel wrote:
...I did.
[/quote]

Me too! :thumbsup:
I have thoroughly enjoyed the first book (and reviewed and discussed it with a regional mentalism group I participate in). They, too, were quite taken with the contents. Neal and Richard, from what I understand, how outdone themselves with the second book. My copy is on the way and I can't wait to read it. I will post some comments once I get a chance to devour what Neal conjured up and Richard organized.
I will post my thoughts at the weekend...

would it annoy anyone to say mine is signed by both richard and neal?
Not at all, Iain. I'll join around the weekend, too.

In the meantime, let's toast everybody to our friend Neal
:cheers:
with a double Scotch: Black & White, of course
Though readings, past-life regressions, spirit guides and such are not my cup of tea I did find lovely ideas and applications from Neal Scryer's simple explanations for his effects in the new book. His penchant for simple solutions, and a few of the specific methods he uses, remind me very much of someone from the New York area whose creativity I admire. That guy also goes by a pseudonym when he performs. Wouldn't surprise me if it's the same guy but who cares? Okay, I care a little.
Mine was signed by Eshla
Ok, got a bit of time...here's some thoughts...

what strikes me most profoundly about the book, are three things...

1) this is pure psychic entertainment
2) the key is "you"
3) the beautifully simple and interesting plots and ploys

and by buying this book, you have enough material to create at least complete acts if you really wanted to...

there's variety, there's pendulum work, cards, photos, envelopes, readings...just about every base is covered one way or the other...

I think the trap some of us fall into (i have in the past) is incubating ourselves and only mixing with other like-minded individuals... we forget how potent simplicity is...and this book is a masterclass in it really....

I have two "special boxes", one I keep the stuff I use regularly in (pads, envelopes, nefarious devices), and the other I keep my most treasured little artifacts in, keepsakes from people I have met, and copies of books I love and always go back to...both the black and white books are in there...right next to a lovely peacock patterned tarot bag and some al baker booklets...

love both books, and have invigorated me a great deal...thank you mr scryer and webster..
Lucky lotto is my favorite idea in the book at the moment.
Just to add my voice to the chorus of praise for both the black book and the white book. Both wonderful and have pride of place in my collection.
I have nothing but praise for the work in both the black and white books however Michael Weber's idea is unbelievable. The best part about it is it can easily adapt within Neal's established routines.
I'm going to start my third read through tonight...too many good ideas in the books to decide on what I want to add at the moment...
White arrived today.

Ceremonial opening in half an hour!
Does anybody know if any dealer has unsold copies of the Black version? I want to try and get hold of a copy, but there is no sign of it on ebay/magicweek. Any pointers are gratefully received.
Got my White book... yay! :)
I see a lot of stuff that looks perfect for me.

I would like to discuss one topic, about the first chapter in the white book and the first two chapters in the black book, with anyone who is willing. Especially those who present, perform and/or read as actual psychics (which is presumably a lot of us here).
I have one small hang-up that is partially answered in white book, but I'd like to discuss it with someone.
If you'd be interested in sharing and discussing some thoughts on this please PM me.

Thanks
-CK
Stevensmagic.com did have the last copy of the black book early last week but I do not know if they still have it.
I know that Doug Dyments deceptionary has no more copies.

Worth checking Stevens magic.

Regards
Dr Rob.
After many disappointing trips to the mailbox my copy arrived yesterday. I only made it the short way to Michael Weber's contribution. That excellent idea was enough for me to set the book down and experiment for the rest of the night.

-Clay
Thanks Dr. Rob, I will check with them!
My next big book will be this one!
Both books are outstanding! The Black Book helped take my readings and interactions with people to a whole new level while improving the overall experience for my sitters. After reading the White Book, I am excited to start using some of the ideas and see what new directions that takes me. Thank you to Neal and Richard for gifting readers and mentalists with these two gems!
Hmmm this entire thread belongs in inner thoughts - letting anyone know about these books who isn't realli into the art is almost a sacrilege

On the other hand - those not into it who get it won't understand and think it's crap

Ah a true magical tome series :)
Well Stevens is totally sold out. If anyone is looking to offload their copy let me know.
[quote]
On 2011-09-08 10:41, Sir. Mind Reader wrote:
Well Stevens is totally sold out. If anyone is looking to offload their copy let me know.
[/quote]

A copy just sold here in the last half hour. In the immortal words of David Lee Roth, everybody wants some.

By the way, Sir. Mind Reader is the most hardcore screen name I've seen from a new member for awhile. Bam!
Hmmm, Mike, let me guess who might have gotten it!
So where was The Black Book sold to ?
Mike - Now I'm worried, screen names only become more laughable as they become more hardcore!
I understand that the Black Book sold out pretty quickly and won't be made available again. I imagine that the White Book will go the same way, so I'd advise anyone thinking of buying it to do it pretty quickly! :)
[quote]
On 2011-09-08 12:44, gmeister wrote:
Hmmm, Mike, let me guess who might have gotten it!
[/quote]

Actually I'm not sure. I tried to get it for a buddy who asked about a copy recently but it was already sold by the time he looked into it this morning. I'd hoped I could help him out. I bought my Black Book when it was new on the off chance I might like it. The one that sold here today was about as cheap as you'll probably see it around here since it's in such high demand. On the mentalism market I'd guess the price of Scryer has risen 100%.
My "Little White Book" arrived and I have spent the past few hours reading it while in hospital as my wife and I wait for the birth of our son.
During my breaks I have been reading this incredible book. This book is pure gold!! There are so many gems in here - one of my favorites is the Lottery idea. I think that is pure genius - so simple but what a great idea. I will write a longer review when I get more time but wanted to let others know that this book is just as good as everybody has been saying. Having studied the A-Z Principle and know it's strength, I was blown away by Micahel Weber's B to Y. I am glad this is a limited run - makes it very special.

OK - back to counting contractions ....

Paul
Our thoughts are with you and your wife Paul at this special time. PUSH !!!!!
Our thoughts are with you and your wife Paul at this special time. PUSH !!!!!
First off, CONGRATS to you and yours, Paul!

Secondly, a HUGE CONGRATS as well to Neal Scryer and Richard Webster for producing such a pivotal, excruciatingly good book on the subject of mentalism and psychic entertainment (again).

Though I was personally & especially !very aware! of much of Neal's material going into this release, I had no idea 'what else' would be tipped in this book and as with the first, Neal was very adamant about only including his very best material and workers.

Both books are necessary reading. I can give no higher praise.

Ya, ya, ya...Neal is a friend. I bought multiple copies of both his books, so please don't go there!

Get it while you still can. ;)

:.jf.:
And I assume by the amount of PMs I've been getting, this'll sell out sooner rather than later...

its such easy reading too, richard did a brilliant job...love the style its written in...

genuinely love both books...i don't do top 10s of anything, because they change depending on mood...but these would be in them if I did such things...
Ordered multiple copies of both books too...
they are just to gold...

Smaug would love to put his belly on them...
What has he got in his pocketes?

my precious scryer!
Decided to come back just for a bit but my main reason was to congratulate Paul.Anyway reading book just don't know where to start going back and forth tons of great stuff.Oh and Hi Godzilla nice to be here I do like implant angel one but my favorite two are Lotto and past lives.Oh and one more meet the Devil is so cool you guys read that one yet.
Hello CarlZen,and welcome back !
There is so many to like! I will really get into one and start thinking about the effect it has on the participant.
The meet the devil,gives a reading to share the good and bad...a touch of reality !
I like Angel Implant for the positive,helpful side of things!
The Free Kisses,just really really sticks with me.The first version,gives a beautiful keep sake that belongs to the Woman,and the second version has such a great method ! :) I keep trying to think of what the woman will be thinking of,later that night!
The little 'Black Book',the rose thing is my very favorite! That is one that will stay in her heart and mind...and will keep on giving something to her with the "what to do later thing"! :)
Is it just me or do others feel Godzilla said too much and needs to keep the secrets better hidden? !

I am so protective over these two manuals of wonder and delight that only those who have them should know there power.

Dr Rob.
Exactly which secrets were revealed in Godzilla's post? Trick titles?
Maybe your right Vernon a title may be ok but resourceful people can sometimes work out what it refers too maybe its just my paranoid mind lol

Dr Rob.
Message: Posted by: Francois Lagrange (Sep 10, 2011 11:53AM)
I have ordered mine - I'm looking forward to reading it!
If you guys feel I have revealed to much...'Please' report to the Mod's for removal!
That was not my intent !
Message: Posted by: Francois Lagrange (Sep 10, 2011 01:41PM)
I don't think you have revealed anything, and I hope not, because if these are secrets then I'm going to cancel my order at once...
[quote]
On 2011-09-10 14:41, Francois Lagrange wrote:
I don't think you have revealed anything, and I hope not, because if these are secrets then I'm going to cancel my order at once...
[/quote]

Lol. That was a good one :) I totally agree. Nothing is revealed.
I did notice that some are buying multiple copies of this work for resale a couple months down the line. I have seen this with collectible tarot decks. Some, such as those from Baba Studios in Prague, appreciate in value in a few short months. Usually mentalism books don't appreciate that quickly but the black/white book series appears to be an exception.
Mota I agree with you.These Books will be fetching a pretty dollar. That is why I myself bought an extra white book .My regret is not buying an extra black book the pair would pay for both plus a few hundred profit in a few months.
Or maybe there will just be a second print run...
[quote]
On 2011-09-10 18:41, Davit Sicseek wrote:
Or maybe there will just be a second print run...
[/quote]

dunno if there will be...

however, look what happened to the chadwick book, and the derren books...the first editions are still sort after, and fetch a high price...
According to Scryer's friends there will be no more after they are gone that's it.But I guess best person to ask is Mr.Webster.Also Iain makes a fine point.
Hmmm investment you say?? Would be better than keeping the money in the bank at current interest rates.

Ordering my second when I get home. :)
[quote]

Ordering my second when I get home. :)
[/quote]
A very wise move! It's safer than money in the bank these days!
Wouldn't be a bad idea.
I saw someone requesting the black book recently and thought, "hey I could make soem money on this."

But of course that would mean that I wouldn't have the black book anymore... so no dice.
Actually... If I were Scryer... I would hold back 20 copies and let them sit for 10 years :)

For sale: MINT condition copy of 'The White Book' by Neal Scryer. Never opened... and been sealed in plastic since its purchase. :)

Yep. that's what Im going to do to.
Given its low production values, "mint condition" is unlikely to mean much.

Like Goldstein's color books of yore, it'll be desirable for its combination of sterling content and pure scarcity, rather than as a beautiful physical artifact -- which it just isn't.

Heck, the cover stock on my copy appears to have been cut with a dull blade. Interior design style appears to be an almost vanilla printout from MS Word. And the spurious linebreaks in Docc Hilford's preface suggest it was cut and pasted straight from an email, then never even glanced at before publication.

But hey, Richard Webster's approach is to publish great ideas in a no-frills style. At least it isn't comb-bound!
Well... considering that, regardless of the way it has been produced... if un used and sealed in plastic, I can still say it is in mint condition :)

The original 'Pure Effect' was a spiral bound book. Not much production value at all... yet I still need to spend hundreds of dollars to get one. I would imagine that it would fetch even more should it be in an absolute prisitne, unused state?

Anyway... my previous post was in partial jest. Still going to buy a second one though. Heck.. I spend more than a hundred dollars a week on coffee and eating out.. and all I get in return is sleepless nights and heart burn ;)
What counts is the material that's in the book not the quality of Print. Anyway I bought two copies I can guarantee you in a month or two everyone will be seeking this book and they will be paying a hefty dollar.
I'm still tempted to buy these books. But haven't. I may wait till this thread is on page 10.
[quote]
On 2011-09-12 09:33, bevbevvybev wrote:
I'm still tempted to buy these books. But haven't. I may wait till this thread is on page 10.
[/quote]
Really, you should get them. There's a lot of material in the books that you would absolutely love.
Mr. Voodini earlier someone mentioned to start a private chat I am starting to think that is a wise idea.Reason more I notice here I just sense certain people here are not qualified for such high caliber material.Maybe we should consider that to much is being said here.I myself would of never released this work would of kept it to myself.
[quote]
On 2011-09-12 14:50, CarlZen wrote:
Mr. Voodini earlier someone mentioned to start a private chat I am starting to think that is a wise idea.Reason more I notice here I just sense certain people here are not qualified for such high caliber material.Maybe we should consider that to much is being said here.I myself would of never released this work would of kept it to myself.
[/quote]

Im not sure too much has been said yet... but when the books finally go out to everyone... its HUSH time folks. Could we move the conversation somewhere else?
I agree Paul I feel the same way.Maybe it's me but I am envious to see others with this work.Maybe I am to greedy but let me leave it at that.
I finally got around to reading this and just like the first book this one is great.
Erase this thread - delete it I say - to mention this book is almost like exposure! I am happy Mr Scryer will get the proceeds but once its sold can can we pretend they were all burned by witchfinders and as Paul said - take this somewhere else?
I agree Dr.Spektor.
I whole heartily agree, maybe Iain will see this and delete the whole topic when he hears that the last white book is sold.
Wink Wink

" Evil Laugh "
I was thinking imagine a book Scryer and Jerome but would have to be underground limited to real workers perhaps 100 copies.
My favorite part of both books is not any specific effect (though I do have my favorites). It is the originality and appeal of the various premises that Neal shares.

For me, this is the real lesson of Black and White. And hopefully will inspire all of us to follow suit rather than getting so caught up in methods.
Well said Mr.Cushman.By the way what are your favorites in the book would love to hear.
I consider myself fortunate. Not only can I call Neal Scryer and Richard Webster friends, I now have – firmly in hand – The Practical Psychic’s Little White Book! What a prize this has turned out to be. Dare I say: this might actually contain techniques, routines, and effects more priceless than it’s darker sibling. Like the Black Book, I just love dancing through these pages until a word or phrase or title catches my eye. I have yet to be disappointed. This book is just that good!

Already, there are several routines that are worth more to me than the price of the book. I’m certain that others will post reviews that focus on the A to Z variations, PATEO handlings, and the many “tricks.” So . . . let me reflect briefly on some of the less obvious crown jewels tucked powerfully within this book.

My favorite is called Quick and Easy Past Life Regression. I have no doubt, whatsoever, that this kokology-like, waking dream will be something your audience talks about for a long, long time (no pun intended). With the right presentation (and that means rapport and mystique), you can draw out a complete past life story from anyone! Naturally, you will have to think on your feet in order to turn that information into a showpiece. Neal modestly calls this a meditation. You will call this a million dollar reverie.

There are a great many explanations for pendulum handling in the book. Neal and Richard obtained permission from Max Maven and Michael Weber, among others, to include some of their nuances, as well. Max has also given them the blessing to include a wonderful Kurotsoke variation using voodoo dolls! This is first-class theatre!

Many of you know that I am an admirer of Eugenia Dennis. In 6 short paragraphs, the White Book provides you with an outline that will have you doing a propless Q&A in no time. One word of warning: this particular technique is not for the faint of heart. Moreover, it is said that “[m]ost of the time, this is the real work, as Neal has no idea where the answers come from.” Terrific stuff! Oh . . . one more thing . . . this routine ingeniously uses a spirit guide to bolster the method. I don’t believe that Ms. Dennis used that type of foundation for her particular brand of readings.

There is a chapter entitled Angelic Communication. On those pages, Neal and Richard describe something they describe as angelic implants. From personal experience, I can attest to the opening proclamation that “[a]ngels are more popular today than ever before . . .” If you include these ideas in some of your presentations, you will be achieving something every performers aspires to; namely, you will leave your audience in a better place than when where you found them!

Finally, I urge you to explore Synchronistic Dreams (versions are in both books) and where this type of routine/setting can lead. Whether you use Neal’s precise handlings or whether you take the concept and personalize the routine, this is the type of performance that will have people calling you back the next day (literally). And what could that mean for your bookings?

I could go on and on about The Practical Psychic’s Little White Book. It is obvious to me that this book will sell out just as quickly as the Black Book did. I recommend this without reservation!
What a beatufull review Mr.Grossberg very well put.I hear from the grapevine this will be last book for Mr.Scryer he will be going underground again for a long time what a shame.I hope others will follow in his footsteps might be hard to do but we will see.I heard he has had countless conversations with many here in states and a few in the UK hopefully they will carry on his work.
My Little White Book came today...and I've just spent a couple of pleasurable hours leafing through it. As Weber says in his introduction, the whole notion of whether or not performers should present themselves as ACTUALLY psychics is an old debate (so let's not go there again)...but the name of the book IS "The Practical PSYCHIC'S Little White Book." (My caps)

So, while I have some very strong feelings about that -- and the whole notion of angel guides etc., I need to set them aside for the moment and agree that this book belongs to Scryer and Webster. It's their sandbox. They are just letting me sit in it for a while. So, since I am, in fact, a Canadian -- I'll be a polite guest. I'll smile, nod and behave.

I don't do readings etc. I am purely an entertainer and my major concern heading into this purchase was whether or not there would be good material for me in my performances. Let's talk turkey for a second: if I walk away with even ONE new routine, the book's paid for itself several times over the first time I use it.

Are there routines for the working mentalist/magician/performer? Oh yeah!

Actually the brilliant simplicity of many of the effects reminds me of Corinda. Unpretentious. Well designed...beautifully presented. I can see many of these effects blowing the doors off of the audience in intimate parties. While much of the material really is geared to the performing PSYCHIC (re-read the freakin' title) there's performance and routine gold for working mentalists and magicians here.

To be very honest -- I actually enjoyed reading some of the material geared to those who do readings since the whole issue of exactly what...oh...I don't want to use the trade names...HOW the "reader" uses his ABC's for material (I trust that's not too obvious?)in readings. I had only a vague idea of how this worked. Webster describes the concept with wonderful clarity. I have a much better understanding of it now.

There are notes on nuance that are pure gold...and routines that will smack down on any audience (properly performed) like sledgehammers.

Great thinking. Strange psychic/angel/past life stuff aside (yeah yeah...the title...his sandbox...uh huh...okay) aside -- this is a fabulous book from two blended utterly remarkable and brilliant minds.

David
[quote]
On 2011-09-13 02:12, CarlZen wrote:
What a beatufull review Mr.Grossberg very well put.I hear from the grapevine this will be last book for Mr.Scryer he will be going underground again for a long time what a shame.I hope others will follow in his footsteps might be hard to do but we will see.I heard he has had countless conversations with many here in states and a few in the UK hopefully they will carry on his work.
[/quote]

I have conversations with him. An awesome person and yes, that information is correct.

He wants to share this thoughts about psychic entertainment but will come back to underground.

Surely he loves mentalism but it´s better sometimes to develop thoughts alone and create our own practice.

Im still waiting my copy of this wonderful series. I LOVE the black book and I KNOW that this one will be just the same or even better.
Its a shame there'll be no more...a triology would be very fitting...

The Psychic Spectrum would be a good title for a third book...

can we pay mr. webster to twist mr. scryer's arm?
[quote]
On 2011-09-14 18:32, IAIN wrote:

[/quote]

YES!
Come on guys, one more to round out the set. ;)
Not TOO soon though, I'm still recovering economically from this release and my recent discovery of "bill me later' :eek:
I'm still waiting for my copy of the white book. For those that have both - can anyone comment as to any thematic differences between the first and the second. Is the white 'more of the same' so to speak? Or more advanced? Or just *different*?
[quote]
On 2011-09-14 19:16, Sir. Mind Reader wrote:
I'm still waiting for my copy of the white book. For those that have both - can anyone comment as to any thematic differences between the first and the second. Is the white 'more of the same' so to speak? Or more advanced? Or just *different*?
[/quote]

we'd rather make you shiver with...

antici...

{say it! say it!}

...pation

Sorry, any other Rocky Horror Picture show fans.

The layout is basically the same and so are the themes, but there is more and (IMHO) a lot of the stuff in the white book is better. There are several items in the white book that have given me insights into questions that arose with the black book.
Interesting. I've not got the black book yet - but it seems after several "false starts" I've found someone willing to sell it to me. Now if only the postman would hurry up!
[quote]
On 2011-09-14 19:26, seadog93 wrote:

we'd rather make you shiver with...

antici...

{say it! say it!}

...pation

Sorry, any other Rocky Horror Picture show fans.
[/quote]

Don't get strung out...by the way I look...don't judge a book by it's cuh-ver...I'm not much of a man...by the light of day...but by night.............I'm one h*ll of a Scryer...

David
YAY! :)
Living in Ecuador, things take longer to get but....

In my best Steve Martin impression...

"THE WHITE BOOK IS HERE!"

TC

wow, somebody really hates these cans...
[quote]

[/quote]

I like the monochrome-- how about "The Gray Book"
Another one would be great but I don't think it will happen I wish.Maybe if enough noise and commitment is made to Mr.Webster he might pull Scryer's arm to doing one last one.
One would have to ask if there are any more ideas left that Neal would want to share! I have been working on likeminded routines using everyday objects that could be used for that special reading, has anyone else been enlightened to think of new routines also?

Regards
Dr Rob.
I was thinking of a scent of a Woman's perfume combined with her Aura !(perfume scent as in citrus/vanilla/flower etc.)
Something as getting close to participant,yet with no physical touching...as close as one can get,so the participant can feel the tingly sensation,without the touch !

Best,
Gary
That is a good idea Gary, Many readings use physical things and you could utilize any of the senses to build routines with.
Taste could be quite a big area especially if your doing walk around at a wedding or similar event where food is about.

Dr Rob.
[quote]

[/quote]

The grey book
Thanks,I did not explain that to well, I was thinking of touching a Aura,with seeing it.

-G
Godzilla that is a great idea love it man way to go.Who knows maybe Scryer would like some additions to a future book especially as good as this one.Maybe forward them to Richard plus more of Scryer's contributions will end up being a great book.Also you would get a free copy from Richard and credit.But got to say it's brilliant thinking Godzilla.
No Carl ! This is all yours...you have a start and you can work it out,you finish it all up and send to Richard so maybe they can use it !

Thank you!

Love ya man!

Gary
I don't know Richard only twice I have had contact with him and that was buying both books the black and now white.I am not in there league at all I would not know where to start.I think you should send to Richard and he will contact Scryer my opinion.I can see your a great thinker Godzilla I am proud of you.
Why don't you combine the touch/sensation of an aura, and lead that shape into forming into a potential spirit-guide? or as a way of revealing their star-sign?

then the colours become the surroundings, and describing the scene that you build around them...and then the star-sign or guide being found within that scenario?

might also be interesting to change the smell of a flower petal, into something else too? or vice versa...the old fakir stunt of producing the smell of roses with empty hands...

as for the colours of the aura - if you mix that in with other techniques, you could describe a painting that you create in your mind, using the colours of the aura and reveal other information at the same time...designs, names and so on...
Great Thoughts Iain! I kind of had the 'spirit guide' in mind for me,along with the before stated !
Are these books just about readings, or do they involve 'cheating' methods? (i.e. Peeks and stuff)
An idea I've been playing around with for a short while is reading an aura based on the clothes that the subject is wearing. But then, going with the opposite color. So if the subject is wearing a red dress you would interpret their aura as being green (green is opposite of red). If they had a white top and blue trousers, their aura would be black (opposite of the white top) with flecks of orange (opposite blue).

There's a lot of scope for this idea I feel, particularly when combined with other reading methods. Two points tho: I don't like the idea of telling people they have a black aura (it just sounds a bit downbeat) so I substitute silver for black. Also a lot of people tend to be quite bland. If you look at people's clothes with this idea in mind you'll notice an awful lot of people wear beige and grey.

But it's an idea and works nicely when combined with other oracle systems.
Sounds like a very good idea Paul!

With regards to Julian's comment the books are not entirely readings there are other things that would be classed as more mentalism than psychic based.

Regards
Dr Rob.
[quote]
On 2011-09-16 09:36, Voodini wrote:
An idea I've been playing around with for a short while is reading an aura based on the clothes that the subject is wearing. But then, going with the opposite color. So if the subject is wearing a red dress you would interpret their aura as being green (green is opposite of red). If they had a white top and blue trousers, their aura would be black (opposite of the white top) with flecks of orange (opposite blue).

There's a lot of scope for this idea I feel, particularly when combined with other reading methods. Two points tho: I don't like the idea of telling people they have a black aura (it just sounds a bit downbeat) so I substitute silver for black. Also a lot of people tend to be quite bland. If you look at people's clothes with this idea in mind you'll notice an awful lot of people wear beige and grey.

But it's an idea and works nicely when combined with other oracle systems.
[/quote]

See the first volume of OORT. The clothing aura readings have been done.
That's the beauty of having creative minds such as Tony and Bob and . . . on the Café interacting with other creative minds like Voodini and bringing a tremendous historical perspective to the discussion. It constantly amazing me how much our "elders" (in knowledge only--I probably have more of a problem blowing out candles than they do!)havbe read, seen and remembered.

I also have no doubt that Paul will check this out and either decide the exiting technique is "perfect enough" or massage and merge it with his own thoughts until he believes the result is a totally different take, then vet it among those who "know."

It's a joy to watch ideas be sown and then delight in those that take root and grow.
John Riggs has a great aura reading system ;)
Great to see you back Tony, I hope you enjoyed your break.

The influence and ideas that Paul, Tony and Neal etc have shared is so beneficial to those wanting to be in the memory of ones audience or client.
Even someone wanting to add additional layers of closeness and be far more personable can learn from this.

I suppose what I am trying to get across is that magic and some mentalism is just considered either a trick or a puzzle where this deep work really effects people internally and can change peoples attitudes and understanding.

Dr Rob.
Thanks, Dr.Rob! I appreciate your kind words. I told Paul in a PM to please take the idea forward. I would be very interested to have him take this farther. He is a very creative guy!!! And his reputation is stellar!
Opps, my bad!

Tony, while I praised your much-needed perspective, I forget to mention how good it is to have it again.

All too often this forum needs voices of sanity and yours is indeed a strong and clear one.
It is fantastic to speak to Tony, and I'm hoping to take the clothing aura readings idea further later in the year with Tony's input and advice. :)
Thanks, gmeister!!!! Your kind words are much appreciated!
Do any of you aura enthusiasts use the KEN system of Ron Martin?

It's my personal favorite and is a natural version/extension of the AtoZ so well used by Neal Skryer.
FYI. I called Stephens today and they are out of this. They expect to get another shipment next week.
Stevens are out of what Magicus?
Sorry... should have been more specific...

They have been out of the 'black' book.

They are now out of the 'whit'e until a new shipment to be received next week-ish.
You can order the White book here... http://www.deceptionary.com

Find the home icon at the bottom RH side of the page, then click through, click on products in this menu, then click on Richard Webster and it will be listed there - look for the flashing " New "

The only place you may find a copy of the black book is here on the Café.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Dr Rob.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Sep 16, 2011 05:31PM)
[quote]
On 2011-09-16 15:26, seadog93 wrote:
Do any of you aura enthusiasts use the KEN system of Ron Martin?

It's my personal favorite and is a natural version/extension of the AtoZ so well used by Neal Skryer.
[/quote]

Yes, I use it and like it very much.

seadog, after talking to you via PM, I think that we think very much alike. LOL

Ray
Aside: did the easy contact mind reading effect today - killaaaaa the book is full of gold
I met with Neal yesterday and had a great time. We discussed some of the routines in his new, White Book. Fantastic ideas and highly recommended - grab it now before it's too late!

Bobby
I second that Mr.Torkova must have been exciting to be with Mr.Scryer.I hope one day I can meet him to.
Got my White Book today - it was a great read. Looking forward to putting some of the ideas into practice. Recommended!
Mine just arrived today as well... I can't wait to digest it. Thanks Neal and Richard! :)
One thing I have to say is to thank Mr.Clay for starting the earlier thread.If it was not for Mr. Clay we would not know who Mr. Scryer is. I would never have owned these fine books.Thank you Mr.Clay thank you.
May I second what Carl has said, without that post I too would have not discovered how much of a treasure the black book is and that in turn convinced me that the white book was also a required addition.
To be fair it was Kennedy who tipped the wink to me about the black book on his mental underground blog.

Mr Neal Scryer is that single spark of inspiration in all of us, waiting for the right time to come out into the world and flourish.
I feel it is my time

Anyone else?

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
Home from Thailand... and there it was.. Sitting there on my coffee table, gleaming WHITE!

Have only just started reading and MAN!!... already loving this book.

3 days off work now .. in which I will devour the rest of it.
I have both books and am astonished by the quality of the content. Thank you Mr. Webster and Neal Scryer. Also thanks to the participants of Little Book series threads whose reviews have helped guide fellow members to these gems.

I'd also like to thank Mark at Steven's Magic for patiently fielding my repeated calls as I tried obsessively to locate a Little Black Book. He went out of his way to help me locate one despite the fact that he was not making the sale himself. Pure customer service. Mark is a class act and will be getting lots of my business.

Can't help feeling thankful after reading these books :)
I to love Steven's magic the service there is incredible Mark will go out of his way and want nothing in return.I love everyone in Steven's they are my favorite and only dealer.
Does anyone know how many copies of the White Book are going to be printed?

David
250 David.

Dr Rob.
Im still waiting my copy :)
Thanks, Rob. I expect they are going to be very valuable about this time next year.

David
No problem!
I guarantee you I will not be selling either of my two - they will be kept with my other first editions.

The next author to keep an eye out for is Alexander Nelson (A Psychic Entertainer from the U.K) - He was mentioned in the email Richard Webster sent to me when Richard informed me about the white book.

Looking forward to seeing what he has planned for us ;-)

Regards
Dr Rob.
Anybody know how to make small(can conceal in your fist) voodoo dolls that can be used for some of the routines in the White Book?

Woodfield
Yes Richard mentioned Alexander Nelson in his email sounds great.I have never been dissapointed in any of Richards work.All of his work is of high caliber.Wish Neal would consider writing another book but word is out this is his last.By the way I was contacted by one person wanting to pay me two hundred for black book no way that's not leaving my hands.
This book needs no introduction.

The book itself speaks (volumes) for itself...

Woodfield, think straw and twine.

(grins and winks) Be aware of your intentions is all I can suggest.

Stevens Magic is DYNAMITE!

Any mentalism tool... Any book I am looking to get...

Stevens always does me right and is where I feel most comfortable ordering from
an online catalogue.

For real.

MD
[quote]
On 2011-09-20 18:45, Woodfield wrote:
Anybody know how to make small(can conceal in your fist) voodoo dolls that can be used for some of the routines in the White Book?

Woodfield
[/quote]

PM'ing you
I to am interested in the voodoo dolls. Maybe you can offer them here on the Café for those who own the white book and know routine.
^Likewise
[quote]
On 2011-09-20 20:36, CarlZen wrote:
I to am interested in the voodoo dolls. Maybe you can offer them here on the Café for those who own the white book and know routine.
[/quote]

Currently in the prototype stage. I will post here when it is worthy and ready. :)

Rich
[quote]
On 2011-09-20 18:49, CarlZen wrote:
I was contacted by one person wanting to pay me two hundred for black book no way that's not leaving my hands.
[/quote]

$300... and that's my final offer. Seriously.

Don't want to derail... but saw Stevens mentioned... Love those guys.

Anyway, back to business Carl... Black Book. $300?!
Ha.
If anyone seriously wanted the black book for $300 I would have to consider it.

Not the white book though.
Do it now before someone scans it and starts sending it around free.

Note to creators of small print runs of material this good - put a secret mark on one of the pages - so you can hunt down the bozo who eventually does the scan

Thank ye.

On the bright side, most people won't get the material because it doesn't involve mastery of a peek wallet, toe switch or zaro shuffle. The secrets are safe except to those who get what the art is actually about. This book is so refreshing and confirming for at least my philosophy of creating pieces... and easily adaptable to your own performance presentation quirks.
Im a third of the way through... Simply Brilliant.
I'm thinking Worry Dolls for the voodoo dolls.
Great idea TC - much friendlier and they can put them under their pillows every night - thus cementing more a connection with the psychic entertainer ;)
[quote]
On 2011-09-22 10:23, tctahoe wrote:
I'm thinking Worry Dolls for the voodoo dolls.
[/quote]

That's a really cool idea.
They are known as Guatemalan worry dolls.In modern use they are used to provide gentle encouragement for the voicing of worries and to promote restful sleep.They are very inexpensive pennies you may even use them for other routine that is in book for those who own know what I mean.Hope this was of help.
Also they are good for handing out to people a nice touch.I am very well read on this subject if I can help please let me know was hoping it would not be mentioned here.I forget who mentioned I think these things should be discussed privately to good.
I think I said it - but everyone ignored me (like usual - curse of Cassandra)
Thank you Dr. spektor for bringing it again to our attention.It is not fair for those of us who purchased this book to discuss it here.If anyone is interested he should buy the book I am against anyone getting a free ride and all this information for nothing.Feel it's not fair for those who purchased let's keep from now on low key as Dr.Spektor has mentioned earlier.If you just want to mention what routine by name is fine but let's not talk about methods my opinion.
[quote]
On 2011-09-22 12:59, CarlZen wrote:
Thank you Dr. spektor for bringing it again to our attention.It is not fair for those of us who purchased this book to discuss it here.If anyone is interested he should buy the book I am against anyone getting a free ride and all this information for nothing.Feel it's not fair for those who purchased let's keep from now on low key as Dr.Spektor has mentioned earlier.If you just want to mention what routine by name is fine but let's not talk about methods my opinion.
[/quote]

Da** good point.
Another happy owner of the wonderful White Book, a piece of the mind of Neal.

I will write my review soon on my blog.
Review: The Practical Psychic’s Little White Book by Neal Scryer and Richard Webster from http://www.amirasideas.com

If you consider yourself as Mentalist and this 2 names means nothing to you, sorry but you are in a wrong way.

This wonderful book came from NZ this week I read it twice now and I predict that I will read it a LOT of times during my life... is THAT good

The Practical Psychic’s Little White Book by Neal Scryer and Richard Webster.

Price and Description:

$100 at
http://www.deceptionary.com/webster.html#scryer2

My opinion:

I always talk with Neal privately and we came to the conclusion that being simple is overlooked.
In this book you will enter to real wonderful places where simple ideas, powerful moments and really entertaining mentalism are created.

Do you know the classic line " You will find something for you?" ... Well , in here you will not just find something for you, but you will GROW with this book and more and more things will start to fit your our persona as performer.

Ideas for readings, effects, and simple ideas that will create a WORLD of change in your life.

Reading this book will give you the opportunity to imagine a face-to-face conversation with Neal, enjoying your favorite beverage while he just share incredible stories about performances and private reading sessions that will BLOW your mind.

You will find several ideas in here that are "worth the price of the book". My favorite one is.... No... I will not share my favorite, just because this book is so great that if you are really interested, you will find your favorite piece.

The only thing that I will tell you that in a future theatre show that I have, Neal will be there supporting me with his great book test idea.

Rate: 10/10

This is the first time that I gave 10/10, because I really think that this 137 page book is not just pure gold ,rather pure platinum.
[quote]
On 2011-09-20 18:49, CarlZen wrote:
By the way I was contacted by one person wanting to pay me two hundred for black book no way that's not leaving my hands.
[/quote]

Could you please send me the contact details on pm for the person who wanted to buy the black book for 200 dollar. He can buy my book :)
Voh002 I sent you PM saying the person found a book but will keep an eye if anyone else asks.
[quote]
On 2011-09-25 18:14, CarlZen wrote:
Voh002 I sent you PM saying the person found a book but will keep an eye if anyone else asks.
[/quote]

Nope! Not received a PM. Could you please try again an add the contact details to this person who wanted to buy the book. Thank you.
My pleasure voh will pass it on my friend.
I'm on my fifth read!

can't be many left now surely? and I still can't quite decide what to pick to work on/use first- too much choice!
I completely agree!

The White Book is utterly fantastic with the most cutting edge reading processes that can be found centered around A to Z. To assume that it's just a bunch of thrown together A to Z principles however would be a BIG MISTAKE. After reading either of the (B/W) books, you will never look at the original Webster work in the same way.

These books could become a multi-course workshop in doing readings, and when Neal retires he might consider revealing his true identity and doing this. He could even keep his identity concealed and franchise his friends to do it for him... well, one can only wish...

Alain
I heard from my reliable sources the following.There is something planned for 2012 they are trying to convince Scryer himself.But was told he wants his close and trustworthy friend Docc Hillford to do the workshop.He also has asked his other trustworthy friend Jerome Finley to join in on this historic event.Man if that happens it will be amazing.Again one never knows if Scryer will make an appearance.Also my sources say he might put one final book limited to 100 copies but will have to be put on Mr.Websters list in fact the guys who ordered through him.Word is it will not be advertised here it will be hush hush but again do not hold me to this just word around.
Carl,

Your information is correct, as I understand it.
I didn't know about the docc and jf stuff...but I'd heard about a final book for next year too...which I truly hope comes to fruition...

I can't help by smile everytime I read both of these little beauties...its the closest I'll get to going to bed with beautiful twins!
Heard from the grapevine Scryer might wrap it up taking a different direction hope it is not true.
[quote]
On 2011-09-26 09:55, CarlZen wrote:
I heard from my reliable sources the following.There is something planned for 2012 they are trying to convince Scryer himself.But was told he wants his close and trustworthy friend Docc Hillford to do the workshop.He also has asked his other trustworthy friend Jerome Finley to join in on this historic event.Man if that happens it will be amazing.Again one never knows if Scryer will make an appearance.Also my sources say he might put one final book limited to 100 copies but will have to be put on Mr.Websters list in fact the guys who ordered through him.Word is it will not be advertised here it will be hush hush but again do not hold me to this just word around.
[/quote]

-666 SAN :)
Just purchased---really couldn't pass on this given the comments. Looking forward to the read.
3 page book test... brilliant.
My outlook as a performer and performing in general has drastically changed since reading both of these books. Theres no need for me to say anything more about them as everything has already been mentioned about the absolute brilliance of these two books.

Brehaut, I have a good feeling you won't be disappointed.

Darren
I am curious if anyone can think of any other book that has received UNIVERSIAL praise that the black and white book has received. I know there are other books that received great reviews but I can't remember any where it was almost unamious like these two books.
Yes, there are some others books, but shtttttttttttt!
What Neal has written in these two books is that grey area between mentalism and psychic ability where the reader can decide which side they prefer to see themselves falling on, I feel most readers will end up choosing the latter as the connection to the sitter/audience is the purest and most powerful, which is indeed the impression and memory that we as performers strive to accomplish.

Regards
Dr Rob.
Does anyone have any thoughts as to the differences between a psychic reader from a mentalist background and a psychic reader from a more esoteric background? Is it purely that the mentalist reader has more weapons in his armory? That if no connection can be made, there are "techniques" that he can fall back on?

It seems to be that the lines between the mentalist reader and the esoteric reader are becoming more blurred on a daily basis. Personally I believe this to be a good thing.

I should also point out that I know many readers from an esoteric background, and they *all* have their own little techniques that they fall back on if the reading is not going well! Sadly their techniques are quite basic and almost child-like when compared to the wonderful techniques available to the mentalist community - not least of which is the amazing work of Messrs. Webster & Scryer.
[quote]
On 2011-09-27 16:56, DrRob wrote:
What Neal has written in these two books is that grey area between mentalism and psychic ability
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2011-09-27 18:19, Voodini wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts as to the differences between a psychic reader from a mentalist background and a psychic reader from a more esoteric background?
[/quote]

A very brief comment on these thoughts from my British brethren: as already told to Neal, I'm going to post (tomorrow, I hope, academic deeds permitting) a quite long review of both the Black and White books. (I will start a new thread).

This because my comments will not be merely a review, in fact. I will use, here, *all* my techniques -those of the mentalist, and those of the sociologist- to start a small debate about the present of mentalism. Which is -as any human endeavour- ***a cultural product in context***.
Which changes. And along unpredictable lines, at times.

And Neal's books are probably, at present, the motor of such a change.

DrRob talks about a *grey zone*; Paul asks whether there are -and which- *differences between readers*...
Well: the relevance of Neal Scryer's books lies exactly in raising such questions. Questions about specificity and unity of a field of action and its characteristics (and its place in the societ[ies] -plural, because cultural contexts are very different from each other).

Is there enough matter then to talk about a 'Scryerian turn' in mentalism? I do think so, and I will argument this position, hoping that a sociological point of view will be useful.
The new thread, therefore, will go under the heading of ***The 'Scryerian turn': mentalism after the Black and White books***.
See you tomorrow.
Please put the review in Inner Thoughts.
Sure, it was my intention.
[quote]
On 2011-09-27 19:17, Danyel wrote:
[quote]
What Neal has written in these two books is that grey area between mentalism and psychic ability
[/quote]

[quote]
Does anyone have any thoughts as to the differences between a psychic reader from a mentalist background and a psychic reader from a more esoteric background?
[/quote]

A very brief comment on these thoughts from my British brethren: as already told to Neal, I'm going to post (tomorrow, I hope, academic deeds permitting) a quite long review of both the Black and White books. (I will start a new thread).

This because my comments will not be merely a review, in fact. I will use, here, *all* my techniques -those of the mentalist, and those of the sociologist- to start a small debate about the present of mentalism. Which is -as any human endeavour- ***a cultural product in context***.

DrRob talks about a *grey zone*; Paul asks whether there are -and which- *differences between readers*...
Well: the relevance of Neal Scryer's books lies exactly in raising such questions. Questions about specificity and unity of a field of action and its characteristics (and its place in the societ[ies] -plural, because cultural contexts are very different from each other).

Is there enough matter then to talk about a 'Scryerian turn' in mentalism? I do think so, and I will argument this position, hoping that a sociological point of view will be useful.
The new thread, therefore, will go under the heading of ***The 'Scryerian turn': mentalism after the Black and White books***.
See you tomorrow.
[/quote]

Look forward to the discussion!
Just ordered. Hope it lives up to all the hype. I think that it will.
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

[quote]
[/quote]

See you tomorrow.
[/quote]

Have you started your new post yet?
Nope. Tomorrow it will be there (too many academic deeds, today).
I received my copy and am thankful I ordered this. An excellent resource!
Mine is on the way and as one who does readings professionally, I am hoping for and expecting to receive some added inspiration and techniques. It is all about the continual search for additional learning and improvement. I will be pleased to post my impressions once I have had time to read and digest the contents of the Little White Book.
Does anyone have a black book they want to sell and how much.Was asked from one who is seeking a copy.
Don't hold your breath!
[quote]
On 2011-10-02 22:02, CarlZen wrote:
Does anyone have a black book they want to sell and how much.Was asked from one who is seeking a copy.
[/quote]

For a $300 I would think about it.
[quote]
On 2011-10-02 22:02, CarlZen wrote:
[/quote]

Best of luck. I have been searching for one to no avail. I am, however, very pleased with the White Book. More than worth the costs.
I think I will be investing in another white book they will be gone to very quick if not yet.I remember black book Richard sold out then Stevens had only then they sold out to.
I bought two additional books. That is an investment for me. These will command high prices on the secondary market, in my opinion.
[quote]
On 2011-10-03 13:11, Tony Razzano wrote:
I bought two additional books. That is an investment for me. These will command high prices on the secondary market, in my opinion.
[/quote]

Better invest in some household security devices as well now that members know you have extra copies!
:) :)
I'm going to lock mine up, its signed by richard webster...and a message from mr. scryer..
Gmeister Tony does not need to Invest in household security.He has two pet Tigers and one Lion.Oh and his latest addition one king cobra.
Remember......I am Tony from new jersey...bada boom
Ok, I received my copy today. I can already see that I will be refering back to it for years. Just on my walk with my dog I started running through a list of names of people I knew, using a piece by Michael Weber. This is clearly not a book that can be rushed through. I'm looking forward to going back through it again and again and again. However, I've already made my Christmas book list to include Mr Garner's books from the same bookshelf. While others may be investing in the book to sell to others later, I clearly bought the book to invest in myself. If you haven't already I suggest you do the same.

Dropping two cents in the jar, tip of the hat to Mr Scryer, and going back to reading.
So I managed to find a copy of the black book which I paid a nice little premium for and ordered the white book. Received both today. When it rains it pours. :)
[quote]
See you tomorrow.
[/quote]

I don't appreciate people who make promises they can't fulfill -as I did in this last week.
So, excuse me everybody -exams, dissertations, bureaucracy.. the usual stuff academic life is made of.
And the new thread about 'The Scryerian Turn in mentalism' is still at large..

But time has not passed in vain. I've had the occasion to discuss my ideas about mentalism with Neal. Who is eager to hear from anybody on this new thread serious, committed, uninterested opinions about mentalism and psychic entertainment.

I would add: about our craft and our obsession, our daydreaming and our beloved inner self of grown-up children, men and women who know that the ideas of 'marvellous', 'unknown' and 'impossible' are not only 'the fabric dreams are made of', but are also -probably- the only thing that makes life worth a living -love apart.

Talk soon to each other tomorrow. On Inner thoughts.
Im looking forward to this!
I am really looking forward to your thoughts on this Danyel, I am sure what we discuss will be influential on moving this more organic variation of mental style entertainment forward.

Dr Rob.
As long as those "grown-up children" haven't vested their dreams in the purely technological as being the only true manifestations of the marvellous, the unknown and the impossible.

Jacques Ellul warned of this nearly four decades ago: unfortunately few have advanced his thoughts, which has led to a terrible void in our intellectual and sociological continuum.
[quote]
On 2011-10-05 16:00, gmeister wrote:
As long as those "grown-up children" haven't vested their dreams in the purely technological as being the only true manifestations of the marvellous, the unknown and the impossible.
[/quote]

You know, my friend, and I know, and many others here know that these technological 'marvels' are nothing but a moment's moment, written on sand, wiped away by water, forgotten by men and gods alike.

Neal -quietly, humbly- teaches us the lesson of old: some cards, a pendulum, a few inanimated things more. But -IN your hands. DRIVEN BY your intelligence. GUIDED BY your heart.

Communicating to others awe and wonder, wonder and awe... with love and respect for everybody.
***This*** is 'the real thing'.
Magic.
So so true Danyel!

I feel this is why the books have been so well praised, whilst gadgets and gismo's have their place nothing compares to the simple old fashioned wonders that transfixed many people.
It is time to return to the coven of power and mystery once more.

Dr Rob.
Well put Danyel.
In other news!

Spoke with Neal and and he did mention there are only a handful of scryer white books left...

A few are on hold and when these are gone, like the black book, these are G O N E.

Clearly these are some books to have on the shelf.

Webster has a few left and so does Stevens (I believe)

You better ask somebody...

;)
Darn it... am I the only guy NOT chatting with Neal?

despite that, I still bought the book.

d
[quote]
On 2011-10-07 12:28, dmoses wrote:

d
[/quote]

LOL!
I've felt like that more than once in following this thread! :)
Just finished the White book.. and going back to the start again. My forehead is bruised from all the 'why didn't I think of that moments'

Love it!!!
[quote]
On 2011-10-07 12:28, dmoses wrote:

d
[/quote]

maybe you have been....
A new thread "The “Scryerian Turn”. the impact of the Black & White books on mentalism" has been opened on Inner Thoughts.
There is a copy of The Practical Psychic’s Little Black Book on ebay now. 21 hours left.
How much is it going for Rudy.
$100.00 at the moment.
Couldn't find it---has it sold?
I think so.I can't imagine what the white book will be going for when it sells out if it hasn't yet.
Still on for another 5.5 hours. $146.50
Did you see the SHIPPING FEES the seller is looking for? Thirty two dollars to Canada. I guess that's because it's such a HUGE book and so awfully HEAVY. He's not gouging on shipping to drive up the purchase price, right? NAH!

Still -- I expect someone's going to get a fabulous bargain if the Black Book is anything like the White Book.

It's going to be interesting to see how much it actually sells for.

David

PS: It just occurred to me how MUCH the top bidder probably appreciates seeing everyone on this board knowing that there's A BLACK BOOK FOR SALE ON EBAY!!!

I remember thinking I was the only one who noticed an Alone 4D for sale there a while back. It went from $32 all the way to $250 in about five minutes after it was posted here. Ah well. You'd think eBay was an auction site or something...
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 11:51, David Thiel wrote:
Did you see the SHIPPING FEES the seller is looking for? Thirty two dollars to Canada. I guess that's because it's such a HUGE book and so awfully HEAVY. He's not gouging on shipping to drive up the purchase price, right? NAH!
[/quote]
I may be mistaken, but I believe the seller is none other than Rudy Sanchez, the person who posted the notice about the book.

[quote]
I remember thinking I was the only one who noticed an Alone 4D for sale there a while back. It went from $32 all the way to $250 in about five minutes after it was posted here. Ah well. You'd think eBay was an auction site or something...
[/quote]
Ouch. In my (admittedly limited) experience with Ebay, if an item is sought-after, it's usually the last few minutes when the price can really jump.
The book is small real light that's insane thirty two dollars shipment I wonder.
Shipping charges within the US are listed as $18 for "Expedited Shipping (USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope®)". According to the USPS website, it actually costs only $4.75 to $4.95, depending on how the shipper pays. Unfortunately, from what I've seen this kind of thing is all too common.
Interesting. Again according to the [url=https://www.usps.com/send/express-mail-international-flat.htm?]USPS website[/url], for "Express Mail International Flat Rate™ Envelope", it costs $26.95 to ship to Canada.
So Canadians have a mark-up on the shipping of just over $5. Americans have a mark-up of just over $13. You Canucks get all the breaks... :)
Okay. It's kind of like watching TV. But I see it's now up to over $157 plus shipping with half an hour left.

I can almost SEE the chum being spilled all over the shark infested EBAY waters...

Wanna peek? It's here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Practical-Psychic-s-Little-Black-Book-Very-Rare-/150671383572?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2314b6dc14

David
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 15:59, David Thiel wrote:
Okay. It's kind of like watching TV. [/quote]

It is, a bit. I am curious what the "buy it now" price was, before people started bidding on it. Did anybody see it?
I did not see it but book originally sold for 62 dollars.Real shame one has to pay so much.If enough interest was shown and sent to Mr.Webster how much they would like to have he might print again.But I think that's unlikely but one never knows if there is much interest shown and asked to be put on a standby list just speculating it would be up to Mr.Webster.
Are you sure there was a buy it now price?
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 16:19, brehaut wrote:
[/quote]

If you click on 'bid history' and look on the right-hand side under 'Item Info', it says, "Buy It Now price is no longer available since bidding has started."

So I'm guessing/assuming that there was. It's possible that it always says that, regardless. <shrug>
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 16:21, JasonR wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 16:19, brehaut wrote:
[/quote]

If you click on 'bid history' and look on the right-hand side under 'Item Info', it says, "Buy It Now price is no longer available since bidding has started."

So I'm guessing/assuming that there was. It's possible that it always says that, regardless. <shrug>
[/quote]

Got it, thanks
15 seconds to go
Sold, for $197.50 plus shipping.
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 16:19, CarlZen wrote:
I did not see it but book originally sold for 62 dollars.[/quote]

In that case, the seller made a tidy profit. When you factor in the inflated shipping charges (which varies depending on the location of the buyer), that equals a profit of over $140 ($202-62), or a ROI of 225+%.
Ebay has policies about inflated shipping prices, someone could have reported him. Oh look, he's doing the same thing with the Berglas book.
I should have kept a few copies back for Neal and I! I'm glad it's become a good investment for everyone who bought a copy. I'm sure the same thing will happen with "The Practical Psychic's Little White Book" too.
Richard
Good thing I have two copies. I'll wait a bit longer before taking the ebay route.
Richard are you committing to not reprinting those series?
Good thing I have two copies. I'll wait a bit longer before taking the ebay route.
This is a very tough decision for Mr.Webster I personally hope he does not print neither the black or white.
(sets down cigarette)

And that's how it happens folks...

(exhaling) Yeah... I'm sure that the next time we see our friend Neal Scryer most of us won't be aware of the pseudonym he'll use.

Or If he ever will again...

Eye know I learned a thing or two about a thing or two from'em.

(relights cigarette) That eBay thing is MIGHTY impressive.

High think its great it sold that high.

Aye am just surprised someone sold their copy!

Regardless... Eye look forward to shaking NScryer's hand one day.

For real(s)

MD
You need to stop buying those cigarettes with the saltpeter in the paper.

That's why they keep going out on you.

(takes a hit from bong)
(smiles wide, drips eye drops down cheek, missing his eyes and passes drops to Bob)

They are the good kind...

Takes the red...

Righ outta'der...
All I know heard someone bought a black book for 250 dollars that's crazy.One thing I was told there history same will be with white book soon maybe a handful left.
Personally, I hope that neither of these books is re-released in the near future. They are just too good.

But I must admit that I am a bit dismayed that there seem to be profiteers out there who buy limited editions like these, with no intent of reading them, for the sole purpose of cashing in on someone elses' work by offering them to the public on eBay. (Yes, I know it's their right to do so. But having the right to do something does not necessarily make it right - especially when we are talking about material that is designed to be USED rather than just a commodity to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.)

If you want the White Book I'd suggest you support the author and publisher and get it now while it's still in print, rather than wait and end up lining the pockets of an eBay profiteer. (And I've got to wonder if some of these guys scan copies for themselves before selling the originals for a profit.)

Good thoughts,

Bob
Well said Mr.Cassidy and how true.I heard through the grapevine Mr.Scryer will not write no more books and that's a real shame.Funny thing there are many out there for reasons you mentioned do not put books out.I to agree they never put another run.Anyone who scans books is a loser you get gold yet you want to give it to others how sad.One thing it will come back and bite them you know where.

PS. Nothing like having the real book in your hands and reading in your bed.
Neal and I are not planning to reprint either the Black or White book in the near future. In time, I hope Neal will provide material for another book, as I've watched him perform some amazing things that have not yet been published.

Right now I'm too busy working on the Alexander Nelson book to even think about it. Alexander has the best Q & A act I've ever seen, and I'm amazed he's agreed to release it. It fooled me badly, as nothing is written down.

Richard
[quote]
On 2011-10-15 20:38, CarlZen wrote:
PS. Nothing like having the real book in your hands and reading in your bed.
[/quote]

Truer words were never spoken. I love to read, but don't own an e-reader for a reason.
Thank you Richard. Always good to hear from you on this forum and to learn about your newest work. I look forward to the Alexander Nelson book and hope that you will convince Scryer to collaborate on another volume sometime in the future. You've delivered some amazing work this year already. Can't wait to see what's next.
Regards,
B.
I have to say one thing on behalf of Mr Webster.Mr. Webster you have enlighten us with your brilliant work for decades.You are the true father of readers you are the one and only reason I am here today doing readings.You deserve the highest recognition higher that anyone alive.Final words to all Mr Webster is like a five star restaurant anything you get from him is of high standards.Thank you thank you thank you Mr.Webster you are a true pioneer and are loved by all especially me.Mr.Webster I truly mean that from the deep of my heart you are my hero.
Don't want to be accused of turning this into a Love Fest for Richard Webster, but I've got to say he's delivered an impressive body of work over the years. He's written around 100 books for the general (non-magic) public, and over 2 dozen additional works for the mentalism/psychic reading community. Just in sheer numbers alone, that is mind numbing. No hype. Just the facts. (Go ahead, Google him.) If you haven't looked before, check out: http://www.deceptionary.com/webster.html When does this guy sleep?

I bet he types real fast too...

Humbly,
B.
I never considered selling my copy of the white book and never seriously considered selling my copy of the black book.

They are both guaranteed not to sold however, since I recently went through and dog-eared (bad habit, I know) the pages of each of my favorite effects/ideas. Needless to say that both books are thoroughly trashed from the perspective of re-selling; however they are also thoroughly useful to me for a quick scan of my favorite ideas.
Following CarlZen and B.Clay, I would only add two things to the general esteem Mr. Webster's name is entitled with. In the first, his work is not only huge in dimension, but its quality makes it always relevant: it's living matter, not losing his edge over time (and this is the characteristic of great Art). Second, we owe to his courage as an author and publisher our knowledge of N. Scryer's work. Many would have refrained from printing such gems, Richard didn't. Another reason for both esteem and gratitude to a man who is so great a part of our craft.
I am (sadly? Joyously? ) in seadogs corner. Even though I've had the book for a short while, it is written in the margins and highlighted with a note taking page glued on the inside back cover. For me, it is a working book rather than pleasure reading (which is not to say it isn't a pleasure to read, just my approach is different)
Y'all grab a glass...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=437748&forum=15&3
Mine hasn't arrived yet. I know Canadian postal service is a joke.......but 19 days.
Alligator had that appen to me waited three weeks till I got it.Its customs that holds things up at times and post office I guess.
For those in the UK, the guatamalan worry dolls are really cheap on ebay...i got 30 dolls for around a fiver...
Thanks for the tip Iain much appreciated.
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 17:34, IAIN wrote:
For those in the UK, the guatamalan worry dolls are really cheap on ebay...i got 30 dolls for around a fiver...
[/quote]

Excellent, thanks for that :)
Although this is full of interesting ideas, much of it sadly is not applicable to my style and it is a little over hyped - not a lot, but a little. I even am having thoughts of selling mine but the investment side of it is giving me 2nd thoughts, especially considering what happened with the LBB on ebay. This requires further contemplation. I do promise that should I decide to sell that I will not scan or photostat - I have a good memory and besides, it would be hard on the binding. Need to think.
Understood Aligator but what is it you don't like.If you are a reader this is gold I would never sell it.But if readings is not your thing I can understand.But still hold on to it heard there a few copies left this one will go for twice as much as black.Good luck Aligator hope you find what your looking for.
[quote]
On 2011-10-19 15:53, aligator wrote:
Although this is full of interesting ideas, much of it sadly is not applicable to my style and it is a little over hyped - not a lot, but a little. I even am having thoughts of selling mine but the investment side of it is giving me 2nd thoughts, especially considering what happened with the LBB on ebay. This requires further contemplation. I do promise that should I decide to sell that I will not scan or photostat - I have a good memory and besides, it would be hard on the binding. Need to think.
[/quote]

I'm certainly not having a go here, I'm just really curious!

cos you read the threads on the black book, and probably the first couple of pages of this one before buying it - AND the title(s) kinda give away what the books are about...how come it took a purchase to find out it wasn't your style?!

again, PLEASE don't take offence, I am honestly just curious that's all *smiles*
Fine point Iain makes much sense.All I know I would never sell this book even if I was offered 500 dollars.This is hardcore readings and mentalism. If this is not your thing you should not be purchasing anything on the subject.Aligator you have the right to do whatever you wish but Iain has made a fine point.

Aligator are you a first time reader if so you should not be starting with these books.These books are for the more advanced readers.Being a reader is the most difficult of all.Making a transition from magician or mentalist to being a reader is not as easy as you think it requires much work more than being a card manipulator and the greatest of love.
Well, I guess I was somewhat curious to see what all the hype and praise was about. And I do readings for fun and a little $$ but am no psychic or even close. I have not yet made a decision about selling but I can say that if anyone offered me $500 it would be gone quickly.

The book is full of much useful information though I do not feel it is anything groundbreaking. Most of what I find applicable to my own situation, I can remember, so keeping the book is not a necessity but it is still something one may want to retain, just because of the limited print run. I don't think it will ever appreciate 5x, but I could be wrong. It may well appreciate in value to some extent after it sells out. That's why it's a tough decision. Will read through it again this weekend before deciding.
Give it another shot Alligator dig deep sometimes the second read is better than the first and might make more sense to you.You are a good man Alligator I like you and wish you all the best.i hope what you are seeking you will find.I know by the way you respond you will make the right decision for yourself.Good luck I sense you have the making of a great reader good luck to you .
I have decided to sell my copy. I guess I feel a bit like Bill Cushman in my uncertainty as to whether this is the right path for me. I rememember empathizing with Bill's post and it may well be that as was suggested to him that I am not meant to have this excellent book. Consequently, I am prepared to pass it on to someone who may put it to better use. I am not looking to make a profit and will turn it over for less(not much less) than what I paid. The book is as it was when received. No notes inside, binding intact as there was no scanning or photocopying. PM me if interested. An ad is being placed in Books for Sale.
I have the black book and the white book. Readings aren't what I really do. That being said the White Book lived up to my expectations.
Anything with Richard´s name printed is pure quality.
Attention: Owners of the Black and/or White Book...

...Scryer has a little something for you.

If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in.
[quote]
On 2011-12-16 13:53, lostpoet wrote:
Attention: Owners of the Black and/or White Book...

...Scryer has a little something for you.

If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in.
[/quote]

PM sent ... but

Sounds suspect; anyone confirm this?
I sent a PM as well. I guess we shall see...
[quote]
On 2011-12-16 21:21, kannon wrote:

PM sent ... but

Sounds suspect; anyone confirm this?
[/quote]

It sure does!
I have found lostpoet to be dangerous, dishonest and full of BS.
I would certainly stay away from him.
One day! as a young teenage boy while walking in the Combat Zone of Boston on my way to watch Kung Fu movies, an old man in a raincoat called me over and said he had a little something or me. Needless to say, I did not stick around and asked the guard at the theater, JC (a rather big and intimidating man) to look out for this guy.

I did not accept a 'little something' back then, and never questioned my decision; I'm not going to change now.

Tony
Wow! Thanks...
100% true story. JC was built like a tank with a bad attitude. He was a customer of mine at Little Jack Horners and knew me, that god.
In this day... There's not an old man in a raincoat. I've been in this combat zone (the Café) longer than you have.
I share private things privately. The pm button is here for that reason.

If you are not interested, fine! I took that into account when I said "If you're interested, send me a pm and I'll fill you in."
There is no need to make something out of nothing! You could have simply ignored my post if you were not interested!
Sorry for sharing a personal experience that your post rekindled. Perhaps, like a gremlin, I should not post after midnight.

No offense was intended.

Tony
Thank you, I appreciate that...

;)
I talked with Neal and he told me the new news, is nothing to regret Tony.

Good story BTW, haha.
What is Neal doing these days he has been quiet.
Very quiet indeed. But nothing to be afraid of: each one must take his time for doing thngs (Krishnamurti)