(Close Window)
Topic: Have you ever been arrested?
So, who here has a criminal record? For what? Was it worth it?

Hey, I'm not expecting the murderers and pedophiles to fess up, but there might be a few stories here. Magic Santa might have one, for example (though I guess he might not be able to read this thread right now. :()
Everyone in here is innocent.

Get with the program.

The Rt. Rev. Dr. Bob
Rahway SP #40619
Vee vill ask zee questions here!
No, but I've ridden in the back of a police car several times
Jail or prison?
As a teen I was arrested for an unpaid speeding ticket that went to warrant. I was at a party being thrown at some outta town parent's house. When neighbors complained about the noise the cops came to break it up and I was id'ed and carted off to jail. This was a long time ago, I think I had to pay a bail plus the cost of the ticket and some additional fine. I had to mow a lot of lawns that summer.
I was grabbed for shoplifting once, but released. I was also picked up as I matched the description of someone breaking into cars in a parking lot a few blocks away. (Turned out I had a zip front hoodie whereas the "perp" had a pullover with some sort of slogan on it.)
Nope, left the country before they could build a case.
[quote]
On 2011-08-30 15:15, Salguod Nairb wrote:
[/quote]

That you, Roman?
[quote]
On 2011-08-30 15:55, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-08-30 15:15, Salguod Nairb wrote:
[/quote]

That you, Roman?
[/quote]

That's a low blow, Lobo
I wouldn't call that a low blow, just a convenient reference many would recognize.

I have never been arrested, though I do poses s warrant for my own arrest.
It was a play on words (low blow,Lobo).
My best man was arrested for an outstanding traffic ticket the morning of my wedding rehearsal dinner. We had all spent the night at his place after the bachelor party the night before. Next morning, my best man and one of my groomsmen go out to run an errand. About an hour later I'm still half asleep when the front door opens and I hear my groomsman say, "Mark, get up, Mike's in jail."

I had to write a check to get him out of jail, the groomsman delivered it, and brought Mike back. He was pretty steamed and embarrassed as he wrote me a check to pay me back.

I look on this as one of the funniest things that ever happened.
[quote]
On 2011-08-30 16:13, Salguod Nairb wrote:
It was a play on words (low blow,Lobo).
[/quote]

Lol.
When I was 15, I was caught, along with a couple friends, throwing toilet paper on houses. We got a ride to the police station, and a "nice" talking to. Other than that, I've been either on good behavior, or lucky enough to have dodged the bullet. ;)
I was arrested and taken to jail several times in NYC, Washington DC, and in North Carolina during the Sixties. All were related to protests and demonstrations during the Civil Rights movement and later the anti-war movement. Never served any time. Most of the arrests were illegal and the charges dropped.
Pop you're my hero.
Ditto, in the eighties and nineties.
Yes.
Yes, many times.
Here is a good one. Walking down the street with a Bible in my hand headed to the local library to do some research I was apprehended and booked for stealing everything, that's EVERYTHING, from a 3 story house nearby. At the time my mode of transportation was...wait for it...my feet. I was told they had found and sent my prints to Washington where they were identified as mine. I was held 48 hours and released.
Small town police provide and insure a vacuum seal around rectum exit holes.
I was arrested! I didn't go to court for something that I thought was not a court offense. The judge told me that he knew I was from California because of my not appearing and let me go but I did spend the night in jail.
... only in my development...
Had a pellet gun confiscated once...
I'm just writing something here in memory.
Improvised Explosive Devices (charges dropped)
Petty Larceny (no contest, charges dropped)
Grand Larceny (charges dropped)

No recent activity.
I was arrested in college by campus police (are they even real cops??). It was for an ongoing phone prank we had been doing in the dorms. Part of the prank was that I "impersonated" a campus police officer to the person I was talking to over the phone in another dorm. The ficticous name I used during the pranks was "Officer Marks." When the female campus cop came to my dorm room door at 5 AM on a Sunday morning to arrest me, first thing she asked me when I opened the door was, "Aren't you Officer Marks?" She wasn't in a very good mood. She took me out of the dorm in handcuffs -- can you believe that? After mug shots and fingerprints were obtained at the campus police station (I think this was all done for "theater"), they did take me downtown to the local police station for "booking". I had to go to court a couple weeks later. I had gone to the campus legal office first, though, and had the lawyer/rep from there go with me to court. I had two counts against me (misdemeanors). One was for the phone harrassment and the other was for impersonating a peace officer. My legal office rep and the town attorney (or whatever it was) did a quick consultation. My rep came out and told me that if I promised to plead guilty to the phone harrassment, they would drop the impersonation charge. So I stood in front of the judge, did just that, and he gave me a stern talking-to. Had to pay a fine ($100 or so). End of story. Gotta love those campus cops! haha :) By the way, this took place at Bowling Green State University in Bowling Green, OH in the early 1990s. Pretty rural place.
[quote]
On 2011-08-30 13:13, stoneunhinged wrote:

So, who here has a criminal record? For what? Was it worth it?
[/quote]
Ironic? (Seems I'm always amongst the last to know / notice these things.)

Actually, I remember posting a long time ago about how 1 in every 70 or so Americans were in jail, and I figured there must be at least a few jailbirds amongst us posting from behind bars. No one ever 'fessed up to being one of them.
No prison can hold me; no hand or leg irons or steel locks can shackle me. No ropes or chains can keep me from my freedom. ...We are magicians dopey.
Yeah what Tommy said!

Good magic to all,

Eric
[quote]
On 2011-09-09 23:44, tommy wrote:
No prison can hold me; no hand or leg irons or steel locks can shackle me. No ropes or chains can keep me from my freedom. ...We are magicians dopey.
[/quote]

They weren't shooting at Houdini when he was trying to escape. That increases the difficulty for even magicians.
Wayland Flowers and Madame and the hooker puppet Rovina dialog:

Rovina to Madame: "Ain't you been picked up by the fuz before??"

Madame: "NO...but I've beern twirled around by the t*** (boobs) a few times."

:)
[quote]
On 2011-09-10 09:18, Doug Higley wrote:
Wayland Flowers and Madame and the hooker puppet Rovina dialog:

Rovina to Madame: "Ain't you been picked up by the fuz before??"

Madame: "NO...but I've beern twirled around by the t*** (boobs) a few times."

:)
[/quote]

I remember that bit...but I think the hooker puppet's name was Jiffy.
JIF? hmmm you are probably right...I do remember Ro-veen-ya-- though...hmmm...oh well, still a great line.
No.
I've never been arrested for anything that didn't have to do with drinking too much alcohol, and I haven't had a drink in 20 years.
Alan, you're just not trying hard enough.