(Close Window)
Topic: Why does George Lucas hate Star Wars?
I think he's the only person who seems to hate the original trilogy.
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/nooo-george-lucas-makes-more-changes-original-trilogy-191605319.html
I believe South Park summed it up well.
Always loved Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Loved Star Wars even more after reading Joseph Campbell's stuff in high school. Joseph Campbell had me convinced that George Lucas was a philosophical genius. Now I think his giant brain was crushed under it's own weight.
I remember being so disappointed when I saw the first prequel. It was so bad that I never bothered to watch the other 2 episode. I still remember seeing the original in a drive in theater in the 70's.
Trying to distance himself from what made him hundreds of millions if not a billion.
interesting.
I'm just glad that Harrison Ford has made another movie. I would hate to think that the last Indiana Jones movie to be what he is remembered for...
I think Indy 4 had it's moments. My favorite part was when the bad guys told him the skulls were alien and he went "Bull." Just the way he said it was great.
As far as Episode I, I liked the characters of Darth Maul and Qui Gonn Jinn, but the rest of it sucked. Mace Windu got cool later, but he didn't have a lot to do in I. What I hated the most was the midi-chlorians. Actually read about those months before the movie and hoped the informant was joking. In one monologue the entire mythology of the Force was destroyed.
I couldn't handle Indiana at 70 flying around like Spiderman. The midi-chlorians cause a 'say what' moment but Jar Jar was the nail in the coffin.

I told my friends (prior to the other prequels being completed) that I would only watch the next episode if George Lucas came out at the beginning of the movie and apologized for the previous movie, and publicly executed Jar Jar with a light saber.
Jar Jar was bad, but not that much more annoying than Threepio in the originals.
C3PO never bothered me and most of the characters ignored him. But since you brought him up I thougth it was extremely lame that it was Darth that created him in the first place. After all it is what every slave mother needs is a protocol droid to help around the shop.
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 21:23, Salguod Nairb wrote:

I couldn't handle Indiana at 70 flying around like Spiderman.
[/quote]
The oldest person to complete an Ironman (a 2.4-mile (3.86 km) swim, a 112-mile (180.25 km) bike ride, and a marathon (26.2 miles 42.195 km) run) (it took him 16:21:55 to finish) was 80 at the time. I think Indy is that sorta guy.
I never discount an aged individual. Seen too many really impressive old dudes to do so.
So when THX1l35 climbed up and out of the hatch he saw what, Jawas or Wookies? Or maybe he was Anakin's real father?
[quote]
On 2011-09-01 21:26, critter wrote:
Jar Jar was bad, but not that much more annoying than Threepio in the originals.
[/quote]

Much.
Well those who hate Jar Jar will be happy to hear this:
http://www.projectjedi.com/82-in-the-news-media/72-jar-jar-binks-slain-by-dark-children.html