(Close Window)
Topic: Business Card Print Trick
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Aug 30, 2003 03:09PM)
Howdy,

Any recommended moves for making a blank card suddenly become our business card?

Two colleagues have showed me moves - they don't seem to quite work. I'm also not clear on the forum about devulging vs. attributing - are we not allowed to discuss in detail any "named" effect?

Thanks,
ATPG
There is one on the VHS/or dvd Magic with everyday objects from Hamton Ridge. doesn't require anything special, other than a modified paddle move and it looks very real.
Message: Posted by: MagicAndBlackjack (Aug 31, 2003 05:23PM)
Yea i don't want to give the secret away but its a paddle move like king said and i saw it a long time ago when i bought the everyday object by Hampton Ridge. After you do the paddle move you could do the Vernon through the fist move to "print it."
T.J.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Aug 31, 2003 05:31PM)
What's the Vernon move?

ATPG
You need the video. It is kind of funny that its a beginers video, and some of the effects have still worked over working pros. I would say get the hampton money magic vid as well. Never watched the card one, and ended up trading it in a deal for some coins.
Message: Posted by: MagicAndBlackjack (Aug 31, 2003 05:58PM)
Not sure if I am allowed giving away the secret on here... but its on the Magic with Everyday Objects video its got alot of tricks i would never use but the paddle move to show both sides is on there. The Vernon through the fist is on there too i believe. Or you could just place the card on THEIR hand blank side up and have them place their other hand on top and then be like here move you hands here so everyone can see, and as you do this turn their hands over as you move their hands to the left (or right) then they take their top hand off and the card is printed.
TJ
Check out the Carlyle move in Bruce Elliot's Classic Secrets of Magic.

If we ever cross paths, be sure to ask me to show you my variations.

Regards,

Paul Green
If you're wokring with a small stack of business cards, then using a DL could be a simple way of accomplishing this.
:bikes:
Michel Ammar has a neat way of "printing" a buissnis card. It can be found on his "Magic, Mastery and You" video tape. I also use Ed Marlos snap change to produce my card.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
I have an easy way.

I put my business cards in my wallet face down except the one on the bottom is face up.

When I bring them out, I do a flushtration count with a few, showing both sides blank and then I do Vernon's (I think it's Vernon's) thru the hand flourish "thingy" and viola, they are now printed.

Hand one out! (Don't forget that part)

Cut at the break, and put them back in your wallet.

If I really want the gig, I light one of them on fire with a borrowed lighter and I throw it in the air. Then I scream FIRE! and run up and down the halls like that until they finally give me the job.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Sep 4, 2003 04:55PM)
Frank, I found the flushtration in the "Counts, Cuts, Moves, and Subtlety" book, but can you poke around and find out the name and "how to" of the Vernon move?

Thanks,
ATPG
Fred Kaps would show a group of blank cards, then he would sign his name and sometimes put a phone number on one card...

Then he would do a standard "Wild Card" and turn them all into the same card.

He showed this to Frank Garcia, who then put it in print without permission or credit... argh...

:thumbsdown: :thumbsup:
There is a variation showed on one of the ellusionist videos, I think is on the street magic one. he explains the moves very clearly.
[quote]On 2003-09-04 17:09, Frank Starsini wrote:
I have an easy way.

I put my business cards in my wallet face down except the one on the bottom is face up.

When I bring them out, I do a flushtration count with a few, showing both sides blank and then I do Vernon's (I think it's Vernon's) thru the hand flourish "thingy" and viola, they are now printed.

Hand one out! (Don't forget that part)

Cut at the break, and put them back in your wallet.[/quote]

Surprisingly (?), I've been doing the same thing for years.

Frank's a genius.

;)

Vernon's through-the-fist flourish is explained in, among other places, Bannon's [i][b]Smoke and Mirrors[/b], Stranger's Gallery.[/i]

I usually do the TTF once showing the same (unprinted) side, remark that I forgot the "magical gesture", do the gesture, then do it again to show the printed side.
Is the Vernon move the same as the Ammar move? For the life of me I can't think of where I learned the Ammar move. It's basically a simplified paddle move...but executed with the right pace, very deceptive.
It's a move commonly used with color-changing knives: done one way the knife remains the original color; done another way the knife changes color.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Oct 15, 2003 04:10PM)
Is there no difference between the Vernon paddle move and the garden-variety move, S2000?

ATPG
The Vernon move isn't a paddle move, per se, but it can accomplish the same effect as a paddle move.
Message: Posted by: Ashkenazi the Pretty Good (Oct 15, 2003 05:10PM)
Hmmm. When does the audience see both sides of the card to show that it's blank (when really it's printed on one side)?

ATPG
I sent you a PM with the details; I want to avoid disclosing too much here in public.
Hello there,
As per my knowledge, Some of the best signs of a good [url=http://www.printinaustralia.com.au/shop/usb-business-card/]business card[/url] is that it's well organized, easily understandable and that it's unique. Because business cards aren't used as often today as they used to be, a very unique or intelligent design can go a long way to ensuring the people that receive them store them in their wallet/purse instead of in the trash.
Thanks