(Close Window)
Topic: Very nice billiard balls routine
Though you'll like this
http://youtu.be/YfryriEIB7o
That was one of the most creative acts I've seen in a LOOONG time!! Great adaptation of the billiard balls! Thanks for sharing.
Your kidding, right!

Try this one out for uniqueness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76fGv84B8U
[quote]
On 2011-09-14 10:55, wmhegbli wrote:
Your kidding, right!

Try this one out for uniqueness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l76fGv84B8U
[/quote]
No, I'm not. Arthur's act is certainly great, and he is technically better than this ice cream kid, but I stand by my original statement. It was so much more than billiard ball manipulation.
I saw auther life at fism it was intertaining but not as inovative and intertaining as the ice cream act , has this boy been there he would get afism price for surre at least that's my opinion .
That "boy" won many awards including last year TMA award. He is Sunny Chen, a Taiwanese magician.
I found the ice cream act novel, fun and magical. Sunny Chen projects his personality well and looks as if he is enjoying performing.

I also totally enjoyed Arthur's act (I've seen it live) and also found it novel, fun, and magical.

Both are well thought out manipulation magic acts and each takes a different direction to achieve maximum entertainment. I'd hate to have to judge between the two.

That's the beauty of magic in the hands or artists! Simmilar effects/tricks look different in their hands! It is so much horses for courses!

At my best and in my prime I was not one tenth as good as either of these young men!
Message: Posted by: SpellbinderEntertainment (Sep 14, 2011 07:30PM)
Wouldn’t be great if more acts were carefully thought out, themed, had theatrical logic, and were charmingly performed?

He has great energy and charisma. His technique, while not Cardini, is good and the audience loves each clean moment of magic.

I’m glad Michael was not “kidding” this could be a textbook lesson for some of our young cookie-cutter magicians.

Walt
That ice cream act was really creative, very inventive, just when you think there is no way to dress up classic manipulation.
[quote]
On 2011-09-14 20:30, SpellbinderEntertainment wrote:
Wouldn’t be great if more acts were carefully thought out, themed, had theatrical logic, and were charmingly performed?
[/quote]

If only younger performers put that kind of time and thought into their work, it would be wonderful...

[quote]
I’m glad Michael was not “kidding” this could be a textbook lesson for some of our young cookie-cutter magicians.

Walt
[/quote]

I second that. Not just in manipulation, but magic in general. There are indeed way too many cookie-cutter magicians that think they know enough and have practiced enough to perform, but they have not.

Great points to make, Walt!
I´ve seen countless senseless and repetitive parasol productions over the years. What a difference to see only one produced, with maximum impact, and perfectly within context.
Thanks for sharing this!
I will admit his methods are perfect, I especially like his very modern use of the Belly Servante. Very unique thinking for a novelty act. His timing and moves are perfectly executed.
I had the pleasure of watching his performance live, when Sunny competed in Malaysia. Was totally blown away, as were the rest of the audience.