(Close Window)
Topic: Sponge Teddy Bears
A few years ago Bernards Billis appeared on TV ( It may have been Paul Daniels Secrets) and had a wonderful set of white sponge teddy bears . Does anyone know where I could get a set ?
Try Eddie Ace:

http://eddieace.com/spongecarvings.html
Wow, those are really neat.
Looks pretty cool. I sent him an email because I love sponge magic.
I am not sure how many folks on here outside of Michigan/Ohio/Indiana would recognize the Little Caesar character, but those are just cool! Thanks for sharing.
These are great!
Wow really nice sponge products, I may have to get back into sponge magic. Really Really Nice.
Are they "super soft" like Goshman's?
You won't be able to take the sponge cupcake on plane. It is a replica of a forbidden object, which is forbidden.
Does anybody know where one can get polyfoam to carve not in a magic store. Not for complex things like eddie Ace but just spheres and cubes.
[quote]
On 2012-01-12 17:23, henri loik wrote:
Does anybody know where one can get polyfoam to carve not in a magic store. Not for complex things like eddie Ace but just spheres and cubes.
[/quote]

You should be able to find it in most hobby shops - especially those that deal in model railroading. There are all kinds of different types available and you should be able to find one to fit your needs.

I hope this information is useful to you.
[quote]
On 2012-01-13 14:36, Dr_J_Ayala wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

You should be able to find it in most hobby shops - especially those that deal in model railroading. There are all kinds of different types available and you should be able to find one to fit your needs.

I hope this information is useful to you.
[/quote]
I was just searching a big hobby website and I was wondering what should I ask for at the store to find sponge ball like material? I'm not sure super soft polyfoam is the right term.
You should ask for soft polyfoam because most hobby shops also carry extruded foam, which is not what you want. The polyfoam in hobby shops are not usually round but they come in sheets of all thicknesses and also in block form. It also comes in various forms of rigidity. This type is very often used by model railroaders to build a cradle to hold engines, rolling stock and other delicate items for work or repair.
[quote]
On 2011-12-26 22:11, ringmaster wrote:
You won't be able to take the sponge cupcake on plane. It is a replica of a forbidden object, which is forbidden.
[/quote]

What does that mean?
[quote]
[/quote]

I once tried carving a 'simple' sphere from foam........ good luck! :)