(Close Window)
Topic: Best Bill Switch
What do you guys think is the best Bill switch in magic? I really like Eugene Burger's Last Dollar and Visi-bill!! What do you guys think??
I've heard nothing but good things about Visi-Bill. However my personal favorite was always the good old fashioned TT Bill Switch. I always liked that one. I've come up with my own without a TT but still love the TT switch.

-Bill
Check out Paul Chosse's "Bar Bill Stunt" from the Ron Bauer series. No gimmicks, very clean, and 4 great routines. Plus, if you dig through the archives here you can find ANOTHER routine from Paul that overcomes some of the inherent problems with a bill-switching routine.

Paul
I too have always used the tt bill switch but after I saw the visi bill I got that one and now use both, but I get a better reaction with the visi bill
Check out Juan Pablo's bill "switch." There's no folding. You see the full face of a one dollar bill and suddenly it's a hundred. The $100 can be handed out almost immediately. I think there's a video of it at one of the on-line sites.

Mike
Mike, can you give us a clue as to where to find it?
I like Kevin King's money morph very much when I borrow a bill. If I use my own, there is super version published in allmagic forum few months ago. You simply can't mess it up. It is called TV bill switch.
Hi Pete,

It's on a tape put out by Bazar De Magia called "The Original Stand Up Magic of Juan Pablo" volume 1. It's called "The fastest bill switch." I'll dig around on the web to see if I can find an on line demo. It will knock your eyes out.

I was on the elevator with Bob Sheets last April at FFFF. He was showing me how he uses a bill switch item of mine in an extended routine. Just as he was getting off, he blew me out with Juan Pablo's switch. I was 1 or 2 feet away and there was no hint of what happened... I asked about it and luckily he told me where to find it. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to sleep for a month.

Mike

Hello again,

I looked around on the web and was unable to find a video of the bill switch. I think I'm wrong about seeing it on the web. If someone else has seen it, perhaps they'll post where.

Mike
Being in an elevator with Sheets is an experience.

Hey, do my elevator gag... as you get to the lobby, lay on the floor.

When the doors open get up and say to those getting on, "Wow this thing stops fast!" :band:
Great lead Mike
and
funny concept Pete. (I'm laughing as I type this; a gret visual).
MartyK
A funken ring is another great gag in an elevator. You fire it off as you touch the button panel. "Yeow - must be short in this thing." Will the folks getting in behind you touch it now??

Mike
The Funkenring is also very funny to do when you flush a urinal immediately after using it in a very busy, public restroom. I guarantee you that nobody in line behind you will flush. It's something I used to do when I was a lot more immature...yesterday.
Best Bill Switch in my opinion is Money Morph. Nothing gets more cleaner than this.

PyroDevil :devilish:
Look for my Billion Dollar Bill Switch in Secret Sessions.... :spinningcoin:
The two best bill switches in my research have been Money Morph and Roger Klause's work on the $100 bill switch. Through constant work I have decided that the fold in Money Morph is superior, however it is extremely lacking in the true handling to make the switch a non-"movey", magical experience.

In combining the Money Morph fold with Klause's work and beautiful subtleties, you will realize the most beautiful, seamless, and pure TT bill switch to date. Try this...

John B. Born
John Lovick's BIG book SWITCH is the bible on bill switches. John's own, TT-less switch is a thing of beauty.
"Skullkracker" ... Bob Kohler productions.

No TT, no glue, No cutting, No double-stick tape.

-Morten-
Kaslowski
The best bill switch is you bill switch. You take different bill switch, take the subtilities to one, the handling to another,.... It depends what you want to do. Do you like an unfold bill swtch? An impromptu bill switch, ....??

My bill switch is a 1/8 fold switch, beacaus it's more visual than a 1/16 fold. I work on a 1/4 fold with only a TT.

You have to read the bill switch BOOK!!

hello from France ;)
The problem that I have w/ most bill switches using a TT is that you can see the moment the bill goes into the opening. It is telegraphed movement that is just as bad as a coin guy who's thumb "hitchhikes" when palming or a magcian who blinks during a move. Regardless of what switch you use, consider changing the moment the bill goes into the TT. I respectfully submit that you only load the tip on the off beat or during a relaxed state, when the heat is off the hands. I also advise to not show any tension in the shoulders. Your audience can pick up on that tension, and know something may be going on, even if they don't know what.

But back to the discussion, I also am a HUGE fan of the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch, and Lonnie Chevrie has some excellent work on the subject, avail at http://www.Kozmomagic.com
Check out Tivoli's bill switch no thumb tip, he at one time had a tuitorial on line.. if I find it ill post the link.
vinny
Ps some of Lonnie Chevrie's work is based on the bill switch by Juan Pablo
While I've always loved the BS (doh... he said BS) I've never been too keen about folding it so small that you have trouble seeing it from five feet back. The TT is a fantastic utility, but I've prefered handlings that have followed a lateral train of thought; one of the reasons I have to agree with Vinny and Eric about Juan Pablo's work. I used to do one where I rolled the bill up. It created more of a visual footprint than a 1/16th packet. Now think cigarette moves and you'll probably be able to do it too.
Eric

That makes sense, if nothing (in the specs mind) was happening.
Yet, such a pause, besides being inconvenient to the magi, also tends to have the spectator look away at about the time that something is happening (for both the magi and the spec). Would that create a sense in the spectators mind that he know's he was distracted, and something may have happened when he wasn't looking?

John
Mine is classic TT switch :P
I think the Spritz Switch by Lonnie Chevrie is great. It's an idea from the Juan Pablo's Hundred Dollar Bill Switch. I have both DVDs and with all the bill switch's I have or know, I think Lonnie Chevrie's version is the best. I don't know who all has the DVD, but I know Hocus-Pocus carries it.
Hey Russell,
I'm a big fan of Juan Pablo. I use his Hundred Dollr Bill Switch in several applications. I watched the trailer for the Spritz Switch, and it looks the same. Can you tell me what's different?... without tipping the method of course.

Thanks,
Duane
Check out POCKET POWER thru the Café search. The first item shows a web site where you can view a no gimmick bill switch. I have the video but had not looked at it for years. It was made in Norway and features a magician named Jarle Leirpoll. It also shows an e-mail address of: leirpoll@online.no (have no idea what that will get you).The beuty of his billswitch is how he shows both sides of the bills and how he ditches after the switch.
Well Dduane, really the main difference is that in Lonnie's routine, he gives you a reason for doing the moves that you do in Juan Pablo's switch and also it makes it a little bit easier to perform. I wouldn't say that there are any extreme differences in the switch itself but in the routine.
IMO Jay Sankey has the best TT bill switch. He teaches it really well.
Agreed. Sankey's bill switch is super clean, easy to do, virtually undetectable. Sankey very much.
[quote]
On 2009-07-16 22:12, CAROLINI wrote:
Check out POCKET POWER thru the Café search. The first item shows a web site where you can view a no gimmick bill switch. I have the video but had not looked at it for years. It was made in Norway and features a magician named Jarle Leirpoll. It also shows an e-mail address of: leirpoll@online.no (have no idea what that will get you).The beuty of his billswitch is how he shows both sides of the bills and how he ditches after the switch.
[/quote]

Hi Carolini.

I have the Pocket Power ebook and video and to be honest I don’t see anything there that isn't covered by John Lovick's tipless switch in his book. Or in any published tipless switch, for that matter.

I only say that because while Pocket Power is certainly a decent enough ebook I wouldn’t want anyone to run out and get it based on what they think will be a unique bill switch. There's nothing new there that I see. Of course if I am missing something please yell!

Thanks!

Jim
Lonnie Chevrie's bill switch is so incredibly visual plus no gaffed bill, just the 2 real bills you want to use, like the $1.00 and the $100.00, it's all in the folds...beautiful work...
Bill
I've been looking for Visi-bill by Richard Sanders for ages but no one stocks it anymore? Can anyone tell me where It is in stock. Everyone seems to really like this effect so I find it strange they don't sell the DVD anymore. The Bill change still rates at the top of my fav lists and would love to get hold of this version.
If anyone has a copy they want to sell I can Paypal you.
In the book "A Classic Magic of Larry Jennings" there a nice bill switch on page 216. The bill never seems to leave the spectators line of sight. I used this switch for a bill to lemon bill switch over Christmas.
FYI - Penguin Magic sells Visi-Bill.
Out of stock I'm afraid,it looks like Visi-bill is discontinued in most shops!
Hi folks
Enjoy my bill switch without TT http://arthur.tivoli.free.fr/
Regards
Arthur
It was done a long time ago... :)
If you have any questions be free to ask me at ativoli@yahoo.fr
I learned Mike Kozlowski's bill switch about 20 years ago and have stuck with it. But I am interested in exploring some modern handlings and some non-TT versions...
Glenn West's Mobius Switch is a thing of beauty.
Ramin,

Does it use a TT?
I don't think so... It looks like it uses real Magic. : )
Dear Tivoli

First of all my compliments.

And I want to thank you for sharing your version of the bill switch. Your method is very good also. I will practice it now.

Some years ago I used the Mike Kozlowski's bill switch, and since then I have explored many versions choosing what is best for close-up and stage or both! I have true and large collection of bills switch!

Falconer
Hi Falconer

Obrigado ;)
Hope to meet you IRL one day to share magic
Regards
Arthur Tivoli
Bonjour Tivoli,

Thank you for posting your Bill Switch. I was looking for something clean and simple as I am just not getting on with my TT and that is perfect :D
Dear Hydrostevo
My pleasure :)

you can use it also for a bill to coin or to switch billets for mentalism or also 2 cards for a T and R card routine
Enjoy
Arthur
I think the original tt switch stands the test of time. Simple, visual, and gets strong reactions. You can't go wrong.