(Close Window)
Topic: Speak Easy by Dan Harlan propless/paperless mindreading and a sensational method
I wanted to give a sneak peek to you guys to let you know about a really great product that many mentalists will want to learn. Speak easy is a 2 person code that is both extremely easy to learn and extremely powerful. When I say easy I mean it. This basics of this method will take minutes to learn and the more difficult features can be mastered in a matter of hours and a small amount of practice. The best part about speakeasy is that the system is virtually impossible to forget. here is a demo more info coming soon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H78bcAvSuFk
Looks great
I enjoyed the video.
What a fun promo video! I can't wait to hear some reviews!
There's a different cut of the footage here which is very lovely :)

http://www.frequency.com/video/fair-psychic-featuring-dan-harlan-jen/15856097
Im suprised you found that, good work.
[quote]
On 2011-10-11 06:07, StuartNolan wrote:
There's a different cut of the footage here which is very lovely :)

[/quote]

Beautiful footage, wonderfully produced.
Im a sucker for "code" efects , any idea of a release date ?

Mark
This looks good.
[quote]
On 2011-10-11 10:29, ted french wrote:
Im suprised you found that, good work.
[/quote]

Just stumbled upon it.

The code looks good too :)
[quote]
On 2011-10-11 06:07, StuartNolan wrote:
[/quote]

Cool video :)
Anybody know a release date?

Kieran
Soon, maybe the next few days. More info coming very soon.
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 06:54, ted french wrote:
Soon, maybe the next few days. More info coming very soon.
[/quote]

Looking forward to this! Will this be a physical manuscript or a download?
It's a DVD.
Here is a breakdown of some of the highlights on the DVD.
1. Learning the basics. You can do A LOT with the basics and the method is so simple you can teach it in a matter of minutes. Let me give you an example, I was going to hang out with a friend at a local pub. On the way to pick him up I taught him the basics over the phone and we performed some really strong mentalism.You could teach this to your wife, girlfriend, best friend or even young child. Many people will think that a system that is this easy must be easy to detect and they would be WRONG to think this. The thing that is so clever about this system is that sounds so natural people will not suspect a thing.

2. Teaching the basics. You get to see Dan teach someone the basics while there is a clock timing the teaching session. The best part about this is you see the student learn it. Not only that but you can tell the moment the student realizes how clever this system really is.

3. Performing with just knowing the basics. This is really cool and they take place in and informal street/impromptu environment.

4. The expanded method. This is a teeny tiny very little amount harder than the basics but you can do a lot more with it.

5. The stage show. Harlan does a complete stage act with someone relatively new to learning the system.

6. Stage act explained.

I could go on because there is much more but I will save it for the reviews.
Whats The price like on this ted?

Kieran?
Whats The price like on this ted?

Kieran?
Don't have a price yet.
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 10:27, ted french wrote:
Don't have a price yet.
[/quote]

You big tease :)
LOL it's coming soon.
Will the final price be directly proportional to the buzz and interest that is shown on the Café and other forums?
I don't think there's a two person code manuscript I haven't read or know of so I'll be interested to see how good this one is. (I went ballistic on two person codes a while back).

Of course now I've said that someone is going to tell me of several I missed. Which is cool, 'cos then I'll go read them.
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 13:53, ted french wrote:
LOL it's coming soon.
[/quote]

Now you're just being filthy ;)
The buzz has nothing to do with the price. I have a price in mind but I am going to talk with all the parties involved and try to offer it for the lowest price possible. I worry that if we price it too low people wont be happy. I really think this will have a lot of people doing this type of magic. I have been doing it a lot actually it's really fun to teach so I have had to restrict myself from showing it to too many people.
Do you think this can be easily be done in other languages as well?
You have my attention

Steve
The price is $100
Ouch, for a DVD?
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 16:31, ted french wrote:
The price is $100
[/quote]

Excellent price.

That told us that no newbie will get this.

Sadly my wife is invisible by now...
If it can do what it claims, it's worth a fortune
I agree good price if it is a new system.

Did think the promo was quite good and it reminded me of something
of Annemanns I read years ago.

Good luck,

Jim
Thanks for the support. We think the price is extremely fair we went back and forth to charge more but we settled on this price.
Ted french:

I assume this can work in any language

and I am already on your buying list BUT please give a download option for us DVD buyers so that we can start right after payment is made to you
Yes it can work in any language.
What a beautiful promo.

I am really interested in learning a code to use with my wife, this seems to be the one.
Will this be available at Mindvention?
Even though I will probably still get this, for $100, I would much rather have seen this in a hardbound book format then a DVD.

With that said, I have no problem paying a fair price for a good utility or routine, but I have bought ones life works for less.
[quote]
On 2011-10-12 17:31, Jim-Callahan wrote:
I agree good price if it is a new system.

[/quote]

Right
No it will just miss the deadline.
Ted, I did note my concern was not made comment on.

Is it a new system?

Is it like my buddy Teds A's take?
Or several other Dead Cats that some of us
still give voice to.
(You can get his (Ted A'S)for like $5.00 US)

Jim
Like Jim, I am wondering if this is a rehash or reworking of existing stuff, or something new. It looks very good, and I would love a code I could teach to someone quickly. But I would much prefer to be buying a book (or e-book) than a DVD.

That said, I am sorely tempted.
Yeah, I too would like to know if this is Dan's working of existing material, concepts and ideas, or something completely new and original? Any advanced reviews?
It's a new system and there will be some reviews coming soon I have shared/taught the system to a few people and they love it and learned it during the quick phone call. The reviews will show that its a valuable system. The secret is simple and Dan gives you some ideas to use with it but you can really come up with your own routines.
I want to teach one system to my wife. Waiting a review.
Ok I'll take your word for it.

Are any of the people you shared it with pro-mentalists?
Like Bob C., Christian P., Andrew G., Banacheck,

I do hate spending cash on information I allready have.

Jim
I was walking around Universal studios today. Ted gave me a call while I was between parks and asked if I could spare five minutes. I said sure. Started learning this just outside of Islands of Adventure and had it down as I arrived at the main park (about five minutes, probably less). It's very simple but will be very effective.

Obviously it was just the basic system. A routine would require a little more time but not much.

I'm excited. My wife and I are gonna freak some people out. :)
With the code or with the other stuff you guys do? LOL
What's the DVD running time?
A book will be better because it's less probably to find it on torrent or buy by teenager.
Dvd is over 2hrs and it includes lots of info and performances.
Excellent. Really looking forward to this.

As an aside, this has to be one of the most appealing promos I've ever seen. Who are the filmmakers? Would love to know more.

Thanks
Aaron Syler and Greg Kissner they are part of the extended papercrane family.
Had a sneak peek at this and am very impressed with the system. It's very easy to pick up and I literally learned the basic system in just a few minutes. I haven't seen the full system yet but since the basic system is very easy to pick up this is worth a fortune.
Will the basics allow for say, a serial number divination? Or is that something for the more advanced method
Hey everybody, thanks for your interest in SpeakEasy. I’d like to address your questions/concerns.

First of all… the price: As VernonOnCoins said, “If it can do what it claims, it's worth a fortune.” I agree. Like you, I’ve studied all of the two-person codes and found them all to be too restrictive and difficult to learn, teach, perform and remember. SpeakEasy is none of that. My system does everything it claims. It is elegant. Simple to learn, teach and perform. Impossible to forget. Up to now, I have only shared it with a handful of people and (to be honest) I don’t want everyone to know it. The $100 price is on the lower end of reasonable. It is my sincere hope that anyone willing to purchase this system will also be willing to protect its secret.

Regarding the DVD format: A book cannot show you the experience of a live performance. It cannot capture the spectators’ reactions. It cannot express the versatility and naturalness of the code in action. There would be no way to show an actual teaching session. In all of these cases (and others), you will learn much more by watching than by reading. The SpeakEasy system is designed to be used in real world situations, impromptu and/or on stage. I want you to see it actually put to the test. When you watch the DVD (if you choose to get it), you will be very pleased with what we’ve captured on video and no longer wish that it was a book.

Information about the system: SpeakEasy is a new system which is not based on specific words or lists to memorize. It is designed to be very flexible, yet adhere to a simple underlying structure that you’ll never forget. This structure comes from a related field of memory work, but I have linked it to something you carry with you all the time so you’ll have nothing to remember! That’s as clear as I can say it without saying too much. Once you understand this simple structure (which takes only minutes), you’ll find that you can express the same secret information in many different ways which results in versatility, naturalness and deceptiveness. The information may be spoken in virtually any language (suffice it to say that if you’re on the net or watching a DVD, your language will work!).

About teaching it to your wife/partner/friend: I can safely say that my system is fun and easy to learn. That means it will not cause marital stress. You do not have to invest weeks, months or years to be able to use it. In fact, the person you choose to teach it to will probably be just as excited as you are to try it out. You can start using it within minutes and it will grow with you when you want to incorporate more complicated demonstrations. In fact, SpeakEasy is so versatile that either person can be the sender or receiver. That’s right, the roles are easily interchangeable.

If you have any other questions, I’ll be happy to answer them all.
--Dan Harlan
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 13:28, VernonOnCoins wrote:
Will the basics allow for say, a serial number divination? Or is that something for the more advanced method
[/quote]

The serial number divination is part of the "advanced" method. I put advanced in quotes because it's not all that more difficult to learn. Once you have the basics, you simply add one additional ploy and you have the "advanced."
--Dan Harlan
So this is nothing like 'En Rapport'?

Really if it is I say well played and it is still worth your asking $.

If it is not my opinion is the same.

-Jim

H.o.A-X
Dan harlan: thank you for your clarification.

coming from you I'm sure is a *** good code:
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 18:33, PsiDroid wrote:
Dan harlan: thank you for your clarification.

coming from you I'm sure is a *** good code:
[/quote]
You are missing one *
I own En Rapport and it is not the same. Not even close.
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 19:03, ted french wrote:
[/quote]

Ted, thanks for clearing that up.

It looks so much like it and the lesser known manuscript by Ted A. that allot of guys were wondering.

Would like to say again that the promo is great.

Good shots and editing.

Jim
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 19:08, Jim-Callahan wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 19:03, ted french wrote:
[/quote]

Ted, thanks for clearing that up.

It looks so much like it and the lesser known manuscript by Ted A. that allot of guys were wondering.

Would like to say again that the promo is great.

Good shots and editing.

Jim
[/quote]

Agreed. ;)
Jim--
This is not based on Ted Annemann's work... although I must say how much I admire his contributions to the genre. He was able to eliminate much of the contrived/stilted speech patterns in previous systems. However, his applications still required a bit of memorization of specific words. He made very good choices, but if you commit to his words (like most systems) you'd find yourself repeating many of the same phrases. My SpeakEasy system actually allows you to choose your words "on the fly" and you can talk as much as you like without throwing off the receiver. I obviously can't go into too much detail, but it only looks like something of Annemann's because I have addressed many of the same concerns he had.
--Dan Harlan
Dan and I will both have these discounted for a limited amount of copies presale discounted price of $79.95 Here is the link http://papercranemagic.com/speakeasy.htm we will offer the instant download in the next day or 2 so if you buy one of the presale copies today we will email you the download link later when they are available(next day or two).

The instant download link is nice but so is Dan Harlan so we should help support him too at his site.
I've just received word that Paper Crane will be offering SpeakEasy at a pre-release 20% discount, so I am doing the same on my site. These deals will only be available for a short time. In the interest of fairness, if you are a loyal Paper Crane customer, please order from them... if you are a loyal Dan Harlan customer, order from me... and if you have no specific alliances, please flip a coin to determine where to place your order! The DVDs should ship at the end of this month. I'm offering free shipping on this item while the sale lasts.
http://www.danharlanmagic.com
--Dan Harlan
I just watched the video Dan... Wow! on my "Wish List" ... for anyone out there who just loves sending gifts... (sorry could not resist)... by the way we need a new lecture in Branson.... hint hint hint.... *S*
Dan, great reply.

Hope it sells well for you.

Wish it was something I could use
But my show is a one man deal.

However I am sure many will be able to
find a person to help.

Best wishes,

Jim
Pre-order is in
Dan ! my evil twin brotha, So happy to see you release this man. Brilliant.

Hope you have been well.

Andrew Gerard
I've ordered!
Looking forward to the download link in the next few days as I have the patience of a 5 year-old.

S
I am very tempted. But from the video it is unclear whether the method can be used for more than numbers/positions or for simple ph*****c coding. Can it be used, for example, to easily transmit complex images?

Mike
Yeah you can code words and do drawing duplications with the system.
Let me attempt to clarify. The SpeakEasy system codes information that you can apply to ANYTHING... numbers, names, dates, places, colors, pictures, objects, etc. How you do this depends a bit upon your preferences, but I have given you plenty of examples and options in the DVD. Personally, Jen and I don't like to memorize a lot of complicated stuff, so we perform a drawing dupe that requires none. If you and your partner are into the idea of memorizing lists, then there is absolutely no limit to what you can code. However, I have done everything I can to eliminate the need to memorize anything... and I show you how I've done it. I've also included an explanation of another simple code that Jen and I use in conjunction with the main SpeakEasy code for any unexpected circumstance that may arise. It is not necessary to ever use this alternate in order to get the full value of SpeakEasy - I included its explanation for completeness. Remember, if you purchase SpeakEasy and have any specific questions about how to implement it, I am always available here through PM.
--Dan Harlan
I have never used a code and am very interested for another weapon for the arsenal. Look forward to reviews.
I have ordered this from Dan - the free shipping offered by Dan is a real bonus for international orders.

Mike
Message: Posted by: Christian & Katalina (Oct 14, 2011 01:08PM)
Sounds interesting...I guess I will have to take a look. I have no idea why this would interest me!?!
Any review or word on the downloads ?
Dan always has put out great stuff even though I work alone to I wish him the best.Good luck Dan with your newest project know it will be a huge success.
[quote]
On 2011-10-15 22:27, John Nesbit wrote:
Any review or word on the downloads ?
[/quote]

same question:
Download available today/tonight.
Awesome! I can't wait to hear what people have to say. Remember, we are currently in pre-release. That means I have seen the final edit of the material, I am very happy with it, a couple of guys in the Paper Crane "stable" have been "clued-in" to the workings of the system, and we are taking orders based on faith in me and a viewing of the demo video. People who pre-order now are getting a pretty hefty discount. I know they will be quite pleased with their purchase once they get a look at the actual video. DVDs will ship as soon as they get back from the duplicator.
--Dan Harlan
Hi Dan,
you have been open and forthcoming with responses here.

Thanks

(PsiDroid) thanks too :)
[quote]
On 2011-10-16 18:25, John Nesbit wrote:

[/quote]

yes still nothing by the way:

I pre oredered my dvd and now I want my download so BADLY !!!!!!!
I am also waiting for my download!

:D

I am very excited about this!
[quote]
On 2011-10-16 19:05, PsiDroid wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-10-16 18:25, John Nesbit wrote:

[/quote]

yes still nothing by the way:

I pre oredered my dvd and now I want my download so BADLY !!!!!!!
[/quote]

Yes, we shall see.
Has anyone received their download?
It'e here. Downloading now.
Thanks mate!

I have received it too.

:dancing:
Great news! I'm also excited that you guys are getting a first look at SpeakEasy. Please come back here and tell us what you think. All I ask is that you don't reveal any secrets regarding the code with anyone else except your chosen partner. After all, SpeakEasy is a tasty piece of brain candy. Your mom may have taught you to share, but (in this case) don't be tempted!
--Dan Harlan
Thanks Dan,
;)
I checked my email and got the download. I cannot wait to get home and start learning this.
[quote]
On 2011-10-13 13:54, DanHarlan wrote:
About teaching it to your wife/partner/friend: I can safely say that my system is fun and easy to learn. That means it will not cause marital stress. [/quote]

Fantastic! I have enough marital stress already!

Mark
How about compatibility in other languages? Possible, impossible or dead easy?
And after only 3/4 quarters into the first video, I wanted to take time out to say that this truly is "Speak Easy" ! It is so well done, and honestly that easy to learn. You will NEVER forget this. I learned the basic method in about 60 seconds. Dan knows how to teach and perform magic. I just finished the first phase of the performing (test drive) section with Dan and Jen. I was receiving the actual sender's codes with precise accuracy. It also (unexpectedly) became very clear how to discern the balloon colors without a formal explanation prior to observing the performance. This is good. Teaching it to a partner is just as easy as it is to learn. There is so much you can do with just the very basic method alone. I seem unable to say enough right now about Dan Harlan's Speak Easy. It's just that good. (And in any language !)
John
Dan,
I ordered this from your website. No email with a download here...
Is this only available from Papercrane? I hope the dvd arrives soon then.
BN.
Message: Posted by: Drew from Spotlight (Oct 17, 2011 07:16AM)
Jealous. Still waiting on mine.
John-- Thanks for your comments. I knew you'd love it! While watching a special about Steve Jobs last night ("iGenius" was the title I believe), I was reminded of a quote which seems to fit here too: “Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple." Albert Einstein.

Regarding the download link: Download is only from Paper Crane, not from me. I will be sending out physical DVDs as soon as they come to me from the duplicator. Shipped free anywhere in the world from me... and Jen & I will sign them! I'm sure everyone is excited to get started with this code system, but I hope you will exercise patience. This is not a competition to see who can learn SpeakEasy first! Remember, you will have the rest of your life to have fun with this.
--Dan Harlan
I wish I'd known that, I just ordered from you. Good things are worth waiting for I guess.
Message: Posted by: Drew from Spotlight (Oct 17, 2011 11:03AM)
Dan thanks for the clarification. I’m still jealous because until then I’ll only have myself to Speak to.
To make those of you who purchased from Dan feel a little better, those of us who pre-ordered through Paper Crane had to pay for shipping whereas, as far as I remember, you all did not. So even though you don't get the download link, you have about $8 in your pocket that the rest of us don't have (:
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 13:38, cpbartak wrote:
To make those of you who purchased from Dan feel a little better, those of us who pre-ordered through Paper Crane had to pay for shipping whereas, as far as I remember, you all did not. So even though you don't get the download link, you have about $8 in your pocket that the rest of us don't have (:
[/quote]

Or about $15 for international orders.

Mike
Dan:

:applause:
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 10:07, DanHarlan wrote:
John-- Thanks for your comments. I knew you'd love it! While watching a special about Steve Jobs last night ("iGenius" was the title I believe), I was reminded of a quote which seems to fit here too: “Any darn fool can make something complex; it takes a genius to make something simple." Albert Einstein.

Regarding the download link: Download is only from Paper Crane, not from me. I will be sending out physical DVDs as soon as they come to me from the duplicator. Shipped free anywhere in the world from me... and Jen & I will sign them! I'm sure everyone is excited to get started with this code system, but I hope you will exercise patience. This is not a competition to see who can learn SpeakEasy first! Remember, you will have the rest of your life to have fun with this.
--Dan Harlan
[/quote]

I ordered from you with the understandinng to get the link...

Lior
I have worked through the videos, and I appreciate the simplicity of the system. To get the full use out of this and perform miracles for any kind of subject matter, more work is required, but you don't need to go that route. You can build routines around the basic system that will genuinely shock people. I haven't yet let my wife know that she has this to look forward to (she's in the middle of some coursework right now) but we have a trip planned in Nov and we will have some free time to work on this. The fact that we can get up and running in a very short time frame is going to make it a lot easier for me to get her on board, lol.

Great system, highly recommend this.

Michael
Dan harlan: good stuff - with this and another similar albeit still different code mixed I can really perform miracles:
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 18:17, Lior wrote:
Lior
[/quote]
Lior--
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I never promised a download. Paper Crane offered THEIR customers a download, in an effort to give MY customers something I offered free shipping. Is there some reason that you will be unable to wait a short time for your DVD to arrive? I have spoken with the folks at Paper Crane to see if I may be able to also offer the download to customers who order (or have ordered) from me. If they agree, then I will remove the free shipping offer from my site. Hey, a deal is a deal and deals can't last forever. Rest assured, everyone will get what they have paid for... and so far, no-one has paid full price.
--Dan Harlan
Money is not a problem here
I was sure that you and the other site are the same.
You said to flip a coin...
There is a big hype here and I wanted to be part in the party.

Thanks

Lior
A Very big party I am proud of you Dan.That's great from rubber bands to two code act some leap.
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 21:02, DanHarlan wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 18:17, Lior wrote:
Lior
[/quote]
Lior--
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I never promised a download. Paper Crane offered THEIR customers a download, in an effort to give MY customers something I offered free shipping. Is there some reason that you will be unable to wait a short time for your DVD to arrive? I have spoken with the folks at Paper Crane to see if I may be able to also offer the download to customers who order (or have ordered) from me. If they agree, then I will remove the free shipping offer from my site. Hey, a deal is a deal and deals can't last forever. Rest assured, everyone will get what they have paid for... and so far, no-one has paid full price.
--Dan Harlan
[/quote]
Hi Dan, I sent an email requesting the download info before seeing your post on the Café. As I am in the UK I appreciate the free shipping and am happy to wait for the DVD.
My partner and I have been working through the system all day. This is excellent. The basics are learned in minutes and depending on how much time and effort you and your partner put in to rehearsing, the end result will be incredible. We plan on using this every chance we get
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 21:17, CarlZen wrote:
A Very big party I am proud of you Dan.That's great from rubber bands to two code act some leap.
[/quote]
We can all be very happy and proud that creative people like Dan are
creating so much for the mentalism world with all his innovation

/

Lior
I went to Dan, for the free shipping,instead of download. I can wait for the DVD !
Had the pleasure of being at one of Dan's lectures a couple of years back! :)

Thanks Dan and Jen !

-G
I must say I've rarely ever seen someone teach as structured and motivating as Dan does on this Dvd.
It is really amazing and inspiring.

Great work!
Thanks,

LeXa
What, no more reviews. I suppose everyone who purchased the download it too busy watching it and now preparing to perform this two person code.
[quote]
On 2011-10-18 19:25, Lexa wrote:
I must say I've rarely ever seen someone teach as structured and motivating as Dan does on this Dvd.
It is really amazing and inspiring.

Great work!
Thanks,

LeXa
[/quote]

These too are my exact thoughts on this.
Great work.
I've always enjoyed Dan Harlan's thinking and contribution to the art of magic. I too ordered this from Dan not realizing that the offer did not contain the instant download. I assumed that when Dan said to flip a coin as to whom to buy this from that the offers were identical. My bad. Oh well. I'm certain that the wait for the physical DVD will be worth the wait.
Turk (and all)--
No, sorry the offers aren't identical. I don't offer any video downloads on my site (maybe in the future), so I figured I'd balance things out with free shipping for those who were willing to wait. Anyway, I just got word that we're ending the sale...

That's right! The Pre-Order Sale for SpeakEasy ENDS FRIDAY 10/21 at MIDNIGHT E.S.T. That's just over 32 hours from this moment. Both Paper Crane and I will end the sale at the same time.
--Dan Harlan
Dan-

Although I work alone, I have a split personality and am thinking about working up a solo version.

Seriously, I have heard a lot of great things about this and just wanted to congratulate you for releasing what appears to be yet another fine contribution to the fraternity.

Good thoughts,

Bob
(And I still think Fart-toon is the finest card trick ever devised! :eek:)
Any ventriloquist get this yet?
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Oct 20, 2011 07:13PM)
I spoke with Dan and we exchanged some thoughts on codes, and I can attest his SpeakEasy is pretty powerful stuff.

And - most important of all - it does what it says it does!

Paolo Cavalli
[quote]
On 2011-10-20 16:07, johne wrote:
Any ventriloquist get this yet?
[/quote]

Ventriloquist?
Hmm...let me thinking why do you talk about ventriloquist...
It must be a connection!
Ventriloquist...mind-reading...penny for you thought...
Yes! I think I have it!
The ventriloquist takes a spectator with him and put on his face the "funny" duck mouth and reveal all the information like this!
That's clever!
But wait!
Why learn a code in this case ?
Don't you think people don't know the spectator can't really speaks with a duck mouth?
They'll know it's you talk through him for sure!
Parmenion: you crack me up !!
Paolo-- Thanks for your thoughts regarding SpeakEasy (both here and in private). With your input, we will certainly come up with some incredible applications of the system.

Bob Cassidy-- Great to hear from you and a "solo" version of SpeakEasy isn't as far-fetched as you may think. In fact, on the DVD I've included artwork for a drawing dupe incorporating the code that a clever performer could use without a partner.

Oh, and I haven't yet had a chance to return greetings to my "good" twin brotha, Andrew Gerard... I miss ya, man. Hope we can hang out again soon!

--Dan Harlan
[quote]
On 2011-10-20 20:56, PsiDroid wrote:
Parmenion: you crack me up !!
[/quote]

It was said jokingly following Bob's post as a reference to something else. page 3 of... http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=437024&forum=15&start=60

Don't want to hijack the thread, sorry.
I've just had a major breakthrough! Jen and I have just come up with something supercool. We have a silent version of SpeakEasy! Now, she and I have never actually needed a silent version, but having one is... as I already mentioned... SUPERCOOL! I've been thinking about the Cezanne code, so Jen and I have talked it out. Because SpeakEasy is sooo easy, it only took us about 15 minutes to apply the concept to normal body postures! This is something I want to share with all purchasers of SpeakEasy. At this point, the best way I can think of to do this is to have you contact me at danharlanmagic@yahoo.com AFTER you have learned the SpeakEasy system and send me a message entitled "Silent SpeakEasy." Within your email, code me "the meaning of life" -- for you non-hitchhikers out there, that is the number 42. That's it... just email me and code the number 42 and I will send you our brand new SILENT method for SpeakEasy. It doesn't matter when or where you get your original SpeakEasy DVD. From now on, until 12/21/12 (or beyond, if the Mayans were wrong), I'll send you this update for FREE... if you can code the number 42!
--Dan Harlan
Dan, I have just sent you an e-mail.
Mr.Harlan you got mail:
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Oct 21, 2011 10:26AM)
You got mail + some further ideas and concepts.
Nice to see you here again Mr LOTH

As soon as mine arrives I'll start learning, then email the code for the silent version.
steve
Hey, only 6 hours left to get the deal on SpeakEasy. If you're sitting on the fence, consider what my good friend and fellow TV consultant Greg Arce has to say:

"The the letters OMG followed by !!! were invented to describe SpeakEasy. Dan seems to have a surgeon's touch when he decides to work on a routine, effect or presentation. He cuts away anything that is not needed. He only keeps everything that works... 100% of the time. SpeakEasy is a brilliant system that will give anyone the ability to start a two person code act. As matter of fact, it's so easy to learn and so powerful that I feel it will start a love-fest. Huh? You heard me. A love-fest. Everyone that gets SpeakEasy will now start looking for a partner. I think SpeakEasy is the Match.com and eHarmony of code acts. It's going to bring a lot of people together and they are going to create some highly entertaining acts. If you've been thinking of learning a code act then stop thinking... GET SPEAKEASY!!! And now I have to go and destroy Dan's brain before he creates more stuff I want that others can get."

That's unsolicited commentary that I'm thrilled to share with you. Look, I would never release something I didn't believe in 100%. Also, remember that as soon as you learn SpeakEasy, you can email me (see earlier post) and get the silent version for free!
--Dan Harlan
It is everything that Greg Arce and the other's who know this have written about already. The "Silent Speak Easy" is also every bit as easy and powerful as the original spoken version. Dan sent it to me earlier today. Just a quick once over reading and I had it down. What else can I say ? It is that powerful and effective, as Greg mentions above. There are no exaggerations in the ads. The performance/live demonstrations are real time, and "without a net". Dan's experiential knowledge of these scenarios become self evident when you see this. I have worked with him live 10 years ago and the routine we did, I still use to this day. The stage show presentation is very well performed and thoroughly explained in great detail as well. A good friend just wrote to me and asked, "so you really like it ?" I said the same thing in my reply as I did here. "Yes !"

John
There seems to be just a slight bit of confusion regarding how to obtain the FREE SILENT VERSION of SpeakEasy... perhaps due to my attempts at humor... so here is the straightforward version:

AFTER you learn SpeakEasy, simply email me at danharlanmagic@yahoo.com with "Silent SpeakEasy" as the Subject and CODE the number 42 in your message.

That's it. I will respond with a message containing all you need to know to apply SpeakEasy to a silent code. Finally, for those who have received the silent version, what do you think?
--Dan Harlan
Mr. Harlan got your silent update:

[quote]
On 2011-10-20 21:06, DanHarlan wrote:
Paolo-- Thanks for your thoughts regarding SpeakEasy (both here and in private). With your input, we will certainly come up with some incredible applications of the system.

[/quote]

now if I can ask what about mr. Cavalli input ??

I ask you because I'm a long time fan of his creativity and I wonder if you are cooking something together:
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Oct 23, 2011 06:17PM)
Psidroid,

At the moment what Dan and I are exchanging are private thoughts on various ways of coding info, but as for a release of all that info, it's something Dan and I have not decided yet.

As a matter of fact, I would have preferred (and that's not a cliché) if those kinds of EASY TO APPLY codes were never made available to too many people. Through the years I've created and used, modified, re-invented from basics some good codes for my own use, when working with an assistant.

But, on the other hand, I can see why the old saying "If you want keep something secret, publish it!" has still some value in today's world. ;)
Thank you: crossing my fingers hoping you two decide to spill the whole thing:
Taking into account how limited in function the 'search' feature is on The Café, is anyone else who was interested in this thread curious as to why it was moved to this area ? While in it's original "Penny for Your Thoughts" forum, it was very active and quickly built up to 5 pages without any negative exchanges. Now it has all but died. That does not seem fair or friendly.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Oct 25, 2011 12:36PM)
[quote]
On 2011-10-25 07:32, John Nesbit wrote:
That does not seem fair or friendly.
[/quote]

I quote you on that, John.

On the other hand, I agree with Bob (Cassidy) about how making some changes in the Penny area would be great.

But NOT so abruptly and without any warning...
Thanks Paolo.
Yes, a very nice introduction or explanation to the process would have been in line with the etiquette that the Café asks from it's members when posting. For all intents and purposes, it appears to have been done to make the thread, 'go away'.
(The only way I knew where to look was to check on my own profile for recent posts of mine, as the 'search feature' does not allow for a broad scan of the Café's contents.) I am almost certain that most of whom were following, do not know where this is at present.
Agreed with you:

this sucks because I wanted more people to comment and offer ideas: who know how many things would be hinted in a sound discussion between Cavalli, Harlan and perhaps other buyers:

too bad this thread went out of penny
If you really want this system to work, to sound natural, and have maximum deception, practice is a must. To get it sounding as smooth and as slick as Dan, you will have to rehearse almost every day. Eventually, and with daily PRACTICE, I got it down so that I can talk freely and even improvise while sending over the code. Your partner must also practice the fine art of listening. She must learn how to separate your code from your babble. Again, daily PRACTICE is a must if you want to exploit the many many subtleties of natural speaking

We finally performed the serial number divination for a stranger. He had no clue how we did it, which made us very happy. My partner and I have also created an original routine which is highly visual and very mysterious.

This system is great, but unless you're a linguistic genius, do not perform it straight out of the box. Take your time, study your words, and you will blow people away
Well, if Greg Arce and Paolo Cavalli say this is good, I have to buy it.
Ok decision made. I cannot resist. Curiosity is killing me. I'm going to open my wallet now. :)
[quote]
On 2011-10-26 06:37, VernonOnCoins wrote:
We finally performed the serial number divination for a stranger. He had no clue how we did it, which made us very happy. My partner and I have also created an original routine which is highly visual and very mysterious.
[/quote]

How cool is that? Already performing a serial number divination and creating an original routine... all in just a little over one week! Thanks VernonOnCoins for actually proving that SpeakEasy works just like I promised. Of course, you're absolutely right that practice is required to make it as smooth as possible, but you gotta admit... being able to do a serial # in just a week is pretty impressive. Keep having fun!

For those of you waiting for your DVDs from me, I have good news: They should be shipped to me this week and I will immediately get them out to you. My sincere gratitude for your continued patience.
--Dan Harlan
Absolutely, Dan. Speakeasy works like a charm. My partner and I are very excited about this new skill. We were quite proud of ourselves after that serial number divination, and even prouder that the spectator had no clue how it was done.

I loaded all the documents -words, lists etc.- onto my Droid so I can review and practice any time. We want to get the most out of your system so we'll have something special to offer clients

Thanks again for releasing this.
This is a very simple system but I agree it should be practiced until it becomes natural. I,
've modified some of the wording to make it sound more like me. I found the serial number very easy and my wife and I are getting pretty quick at it. A great incentive for my wife to learn this is I take out all the bills out of my wallet and if my wife can tell me the serial number she gets to keep the bill. I'm quickly going broke but my wife is getting very good at it and she's enjoying the practicing.

In all seriousness this can be a great foundation for a two person act that will be learned very quickly. I prefer to call it simple rather than easy because it should be rehearsed thoroughly before performing it. Anything less will not do the system justice. I would love to brainstorm with others about this because it sparks so many ideas.

Great system. Even my wife loves it.

Steve
The videos are a great training resource as well. One person or both can refine their skills by repeated watching and close listening. It flows very naturally when the concepts are grasped and integrated. Yes working together with another often will give rise to much improvisational situations that you can find very comfortably and with great ease. Much can be adapted by observing how this worked for Dan and Jen, who were fairly new to performing this together at the time of the shoot. The included practice sessions too are easy and fun. I am still amazed at the power and simplicity of the whole system. Even the Silent Speak Easy fits the same descriptions just as the title suggests. Easy.
Still waiting:
Shoot I wishes I had more time to check the forum more often, now I missed out on a great deal on something I wanted to do for many years… grrr…

Will this be the system that my wife will learn? I have tried before but she had no interest in learning long list and to many codes… I did… but she didn´t So I´m very interested!

Any new users that want to do a review???

Cheers,
John
I always get to the game too late. I need to hover over these forums more often. I would have loved to have caught this when it was on sale. $100 is pretty steep for a method I may not like. I have been burned pretty bad on things in the past that I thought were sure winners, ie. Tarantula. The print ad looked so so good but the mechanics didn't either fit my style or were simply a pipe dream.

Headed to the Unconventional Magic Convention in Cumberland Falls Ky this weekend. Maybe papercrane will have a representative there again this year and I'll be able to see the effect in its entirety. I really dislike making a purchase on an edited video performance.
I would like to see some reviews comming...
[quote]
On 2011-10-26 12:03, DanHarlan wrote:
For those of you waiting for your DVDs from me, I have good news: They should be shipped to me this week and I will immediately get them out to you. My sincere gratitude for your continued patience.
--Dan Harlan
[/quote]

Dan, I pre-ordered from you and was wondering if this happened as you expected. Looking forward to it.
Thanks,
George
[quote]
On 2011-10-30 01:49, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I would like to see some reviews comming...
[/quote]
my review: very good idea:

not 100% new ideanbut very good nonetheless

and the silent update it something makes really sense:

waiting for other news now:

you know who you are
[quote]
On 2011-10-30 16:08, PsiDroid wrote:
not 100% new ideanbut very good nonetheless
[/quote]

PsiDroid--
I suppose it depends on what you mean by not 100% new... I don't want people to get the idea that SpeakEasy is a rehash of any other system, because it's not. I've built upon the concepts of many other fine thinkers, yet I have taken the two-person code to an entirely new level by incorporating my own elegant mnemonic connection that eliminates the need for memorization, accelerates the learning process, simplifies the translation of information and expands the options for the Sender without sacrificing simplicity for the Receiver. Beyond that, I've instituted a subtle method for expanding the basic code, developed a fail-safe both before and after coding, applied the system to a wide variety of situations and I've done all of that while avoiding detection through making everything sound natural. What more do you want?

While I understand that SpeakEasy will feel familiar to anyone who learns it, that is the point. I designed it to be comfortable for anyone to learn and use... and it is that "elegance" of method which I found lacking in all previous methods. Please don't discount the effort that I put into this to carve away all of the fat without sacrificing any of the meat. Just digest the wonderful meal I have prepared... it is "comfort food" for the mind, if you will. Disengage metaphor...

I would also like to publicly thank you for prompting me (and Jen) to come up with the silent version of SpeakEasy. I'm thrilled that the elegant simplicity of my original spoken method was so easy to translate into a silent version. And, best of all, the silent version is just as easy to remember, teach and use as the original SpeakEasy. Paolo was surprised I would give it away for free, but I feel that SpeakEasy owners deserve my continued support and gratitude. I can't share the ideas that Paolo and I are tossing around because they fall a bit outside of the parameters of the SpeakEasy system (and I'd need to have his permission), but if/when we get them to "play well together" then we'll see...
--Dan Harlan
[quote]
On 2011-10-31 19:33, DanHarlan wrote:

PsiDroid--
I suppose it depends on what you mean by not 100% new... I don't want people to get the idea that SpeakEasy is a rehash of any other system, because it's not. I've built upon the concepts of many other fine thinkers, yet I have taken the two-person code to an entirely new level by incorporating my own elegant mnemonic connection that eliminates the need for memorization, accelerates the learning process, simplifies the translation of information and expands the options for the Sender without sacrificing simplicity for the Receiver.
[/quote]

Mr.Harlan: I apologize if I have expressed myself in a wrong way: I wanted to say it's not 100% new because relies on other sort of mnemonic well-established codes. sort of. I did not want to say nothing more than that.

certainly your "findings" on how to make the thing easy [as in speak easy] are most valuable and the code itself its a breeze to learn and play with:

[quote]
I would also like to publicly thank you for prompting me (and Jen) to come up with the silent version of SpeakEasy.
[/quote]
you are very welcome !! thank you for your public thanks

[quote]
I can't share the ideas that Paolo and I are tossing around because they fall a bit outside of the parameters of the SpeakEasy system (and I'd need to have his permission), but if/when we get them to "play well together" then we'll see...
[/quote]
with all respect who cares if Mr.Cavalli has a different code as long as it can be smoothly mixed with your ideas you could as well market a brand new code or multiple codes we users can pick and choose from:

I know I would be in line to buy such a thing and can bet many others would join me
Hi Dan! Will the preorders be shipping soon? I hope the DVDS made it to you! :)
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 1, 2011 07:08AM)
[quote]
On 2011-10-31 22:41, PsiDroid wrote:

with all respect who cares if Mr.Cavalli has a different code as long as it can be smoothly mixed with your ideas you could as well market a brand new code or multiple codes we users can pick and choose from:

I know I would be in line to buy such a thing and can bet many others would join me
[/quote]

PsiDroid--

What Dan means is that his SpeakEasy was born as a VERBAL code AND was made out of few SIMPLE rules to remember and apply.

THAT it's the real force of Dan's SpeakEasy.

As Dan knows well, I have a verbal code "somewhat similar" to his, but mine is a tad more complex than Dan's.

Also my code is actually 3 full codes you can interweave and switch on and off.

Last, some of my codes have NON-VERBAL / VISUAL parameters which escape the ORIGINAL CONCEPT behind SpeakEasy.

With all that said, if Dan and I reach an agreement, I'll let go of my codes in one of HIS next works.

Otherwise, one day I will finally publish my codes in one of my next books.

Now, please, if you need more info on MY CODES, either mail me or start another thread.

But don't keep asking in THIS thread which should only be about SPEAKEASY.
I am IN!!
:)
Thanks PsyDroid!

Anyone else?

I would like to know, did the wife like it, can you code more than lets say 3 numbers at once...
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 2, 2011 06:48AM)
Dr. Eamon,

Yes I can code 3 numbers at once if I need to do that. It's really easy.

And I can even code numbers before the actual experiment begin, if I want to.
[quote]
On 2011-11-01 11:09, lucavolpe wrote:
I am IN!!
:)
[/quote]
Luca Volpe I'm in, too!
Yes, I'm in too.
Dan

Got this Friday. Grand Slam! I have several Coding systems, but Speakeasy will be the heart of my 2 person act.

As I sit and think about it. We can use this in the light portion of our seance.

Excellent work.

Cheers
Frank
[quote]
On 2011-11-01 23:50, Dr. Eamon wrote:
I would like to know, did the wife like it, can you code more than lets say 3 numbers at once...
[/quote]
As a few SpeakEasy owners have already mentioned, their wife (or other partner) has been able to learn the system without excessive brain-pain. Also, it is so fun to do that their partner actually wants to be involved... perhaps for the first time ever! I think that SpeakEasy can bring two people closer together by making the "reluctant" one understand how enjoyable our art can be (and experience has proven this to be the case). Regarding coding multiple numbers at once, it depends upon how how you want to implement the code, but yes it can be done. Typically, Jen and I do a "call & answer" for multiple numbers, because the nature of SpeakEasy allows that to be natural, but (once you know the basic system) multiple numbers can be done in one "take" if that is your preference.

On another note: SpeakEasy DVDs are here! I've shipped all existing orders. Thanks to everyone for your patience and please return here (once you've learned the system) to tell us all what you think.
--Dan Harlan
Thanks, Dan, for the email saying the DVD has shipped.
Haven't told the wife about it yet.

Not sure what her reaction will be.

Steve
Steve...Let me know what your wife will think...lol...!
;)
[quote]
On 2011-11-02 19:40, lucavolpe wrote:
;)
[/quote]
a mentalist worth of its title should know already what his wife is thinking:
[quote]
On 2011-11-02 20:43, PsiDroid wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-11-02 19:40, lucavolpe wrote:
;)
[/quote]
a mentalist worth of its title should know already what his wife is thinking:
[/quote]

And that is the World's Great Mystery!!
Does anyone ever really know what any women is thinking? Isn't that the "Million Dollar Challenge?"
--Dan Harlan
Would any guy marry a woman who's way of thinking he could fathom?

Steve
[quote]
On 2011-11-01 23:50, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Thanks PsyDroid!

Anyone else?

[/quote]

Dr E

I plan on precoding the first digit of a serial number of a bill, so Carolyn can start "picking up vibrations" prior to actually starting the experiment. Multiple digits may be coded, but it depends on your partner's ability to keep them in memory as to how many.

[quote]
On 2011-11-02 21:43, DanHarlan wrote:
Does anyone ever really know what any women is thinking? Isn't that the "Million Dollar Challenge?"
--Dan Harlan
[/quote]

Dan

All I ever pick up is a chuckle.

Cheers
Frank
I received a PM from a new owner of SpeakEasy, mota, who was kind enough to share some thoughts with me that I'll think you'll all find interesting. With his kind permission, here are a few improvements you can incorporate:

1. Stage playing card effect...use a m***ed deck that is easy to read...many choices...you don't have to see the front of the card at all.

2. ESP symbol divination...add a light reading to the divination...many esp symbol reading systems...Doug Dyment has one with good reviews...I haven't seen it.

3. Alphabet code...just code the consonants...give it a try...you really don't need vowels to get most words...a lot faster as there are less letters to code.

All great suggestions! Those of you who already own SpeakEasy should be able to incorporate these ideas to your benefit. Thanks mota!
--Dan Harlan
Thanks mota but I was also using myself the idea of code with marked cards.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 10, 2011 03:52PM)
Good ideas guys, and of course you could even use a marked and stacked deck to add some other layers of impossibility.

As for the readings for ESP symbols my preference is to have them choose two rather than one. Then interpret them as the present and the future (I would suggest the meaning options given by Rudy Hunter).
No news about a fusion ?? ::
Ok I get that as a NO :
DanHarlan, I e-mailed you some routine ideas-tips that I thought of.
Those who own this, which routine plays best for you? I experimented with this quite a lot in past few weeks and serial number divination seems to get best reactions. What about you?
Perhaps mr.Harlan can send some update to buyers from to time::
My opinion : A VERY easy to learn system that can be applied literally with a few minutes of practice. My wife now is an official psychic, thanks to Dan.
Hey this available at magic shops all over the world.
Its really good, just bought it tonight as a download from paper crane.

I Have watched both videos in one sitting, and have learnt it in the time it took to watch the videos... it really is very simple, and totally deceptive... I thoroughly recommend it.

I have just sent Dan an email so as to get the silent method... which should be very interesting

I am in the UK and was going to send for it, but in the end I just couldn't wait, and got the download instead... Its a fantastic system, easy to learn and you will be delighted with it I have no doubt.

Thanks Dan for that - very impressive :)
Cheers Dan,
Thanks for sending the silent code.... it's really great, and so simple!... love it :)
Here's a great review from Olie Mealing at the Magic Review Blog

Wow, Dan Harlan's 'SpeakEasy' is awesome - turbo fast to understand and killer in concert!

Harlan's latest release featuring the ever wonderful Jen Weston (no I'm not flirting..) should also be called Watch & Learn Easy! The style and layout of this DVD is just butter smooth, entertaining, crammed with performances (the efforts here should be awarded) & explanations are crystal clear.

The system taught explains how to secretly communicate names, numbers, symbols, colours & even dates! And to give you even more bang for buck, Harlan also tips his treasured stage set (performance included) which purely uses the system. The act has been developed over the course of years & for the first time, all neatly wrapped up is the whole shebang, you get the methodology, presentation, patter, subleties, EVERYTHING!

Myself and a secret sidekick learnt the basic techniques alongside the running time of the DVD, it's that simple/genius. Sure there's some further rehearsal before going live, but if your already experienced with pattering on the spot then this is almost effortless!

Major pro, the 'SpeakEasy' system is brilliantly devised in such a way that you & your 'psychic' partner can create limitless presentations - you are restricted only by your imagination.

Small con.. some of the live performance audio is hit'n'miss so make sure your sat with the zapper, but please don't let that put you off, you WILL be inspired by this.

To conclude, the sneakiness of this system makes it a thrill to perform & you'll have fun learning too - why couldn't they teach stuff like this in school! Highly recommended.

Available at http://www.papercranemagic.com/speakeasy.htm
Hi there !

I'd like to know if this is easily adaptable to other langages (especially in french) ?
Did somebody give it a try ? Thoughts about this ? Thanks!
With a little thought, brainstorming, and maybe a dictionary, it can be adapted to any language. I easily adapted it to Japanese. Now just fine tuning it a bit more.
It is useable in any language, we have sold this to customers all over the world and the feedback has been tremendous.
The problem is not about the French language but rather about the French magicians lol
??????

I'm not sure that's a very nice or helpfull answer...

Swiss humour I suppose ;-)
Received Speak Easy last week and I like it a lot. Now, this is my first experience with a 2 person code, but I think that it is very good. I taught my wife the basics in about 5 minutes.
Any current reviews on useage
Can I perform SpeakEasy in Portuguease? No kidding, I meant it! Tanx.
Any language you want.

Steve
[quote]
On 2012-12-26 12:59, Bosko wrote:
Can I perform SpeakEasy in Portuguease? No kidding, I meant it! Tanx.
[/quote]

Sem problema nenhum, o sistema é muito simples.
Yes you can.

David
Indeed it is great - and if you have a spouse - you can finally get he or she into the act :) - my wife loved it
My wife and I have been researching two person codes for a number of years, and had not found anything satisfactory that would work with our speak syntax or with the type of act we want to do. Speak Easy is the closest and we have begun to undertake developing it into our daily lives, and hopefully soon into our act.

I am also extremely pleased that Dan included the great material to download/print on the disc as well.

Perhaps the best money I have spent on mentalism in quite a while.
Dan is a brilliant thinker! Well done!