(Close Window)
Topic: Phuzed By David Loosley
Hi Guys,
A little heads up for you. Phuzed by David Loosley is due for release November 2011.
Phuzed is a very visual torn and restored card effect.
David has been using this in his working repertoire for a while now and the handling is one of the cleanest Iíve seen.
I personally think Davidís T&R scratch card routine is a real winner and something you will carry in your wallet.
Hereís the demo. Hope you enjoy it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtUQV1TvKGk&feature=player_embedded
You can pre-order it here and earn double loyalty Points http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Phuzed-By-David-Loosley.html
Regards
Peter Nardi
Looks cool, I like the idea of using a scratch card to do it, Very organic. It could actually bring some reasoning to the T&R plot. I.e. Do a scratch card and you think you loose, tear it up and have some one take a look, when they see you've actually won, you restore it back so that it's valid again.

What are the requirements for this? Without fishing, I mean, does this need a gimmick or anything?

Cheers,

Lloyd

P.s. I have a gimmickless piece by piece T&R coming out soon with a [b]very reputable[/b] company, where you show every piece front and back, before and after every restoration and the final piece happens edge by edge with no folding. If anyone likes this, you'll probably digg mine. Pm me for details if you're interested.
I'm just a sucker for a good T&R... and this does look very good!
Hi Lloyd,

That is David's routine for the Scratch Card. It plays very well indeed

Peter
Great work guys,

This looks great.
What's the difficulty level Peter?
Hi Pegasus,

Phuzed is easy to perform. The gimmick does most of the hard work for you.

Regards

Peter
Just been on line at Alakazam and pre-ordered!
Now I'm interested. Thanks Peter.
Looks very nice guys - can't wait to check this out.
Expected release is 3 weeks guys. Thanks to everyone that has pre-order Phuzed.

Peter
Saw this performed live by David it's Brilliant - Looks just like a T&R should do
Hi Cardman,

Dave's Lotto card version is just so cool.

Peter
Ok, a question that always arises for this type of effect, and one that should be asked. What are the viewing angles like? This is very important to most performers, especially me.
Hi Pegasus,

The angles on this are the same as most other T & R card routines. Specs should be front on (and why would they want to be anywhere else ;-)

Peter
Hi Guy's

I perform phuzed on the Alakazam News http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3HRpGdhC3g&feature=feedu

Peter
Peter, you said the magic words to me, 'very easy'. My order will be in on pay day.
Will this be available from US dealers as well?
Hi Tester,

Yes it will be. We are aiming to ship to both Murphys and Mak magic within two weeks. I expect the US dealers to have Phuzed in 3 weeks

Regards

Peter
Hi Guys,

All pre-orders for Phuzed will be shipping on Monday

Best Regards

Peter
My order's in.
Hi! Anybody has it already? I can't wait for the review! I'm considering between this with FourFit by Reuben Moreland. Which is easier to handle? Thanks!
I pre-ordered and have not received anything yet.
I received this earlier, very very nice!!! very clean restorations, will take a little knack/practice to get smooth, but very easy to perform and a joy to watch yourself practising this in front of the mirror!! I have one question though, so if David or Peter see this can you pm me
Thanks, Daren. Does it come with the gimmick? Is it able to be signed by spectator? Is it able to hand to spectator for examination?

Waiting for more reviews desperately.

Thanks, everybody. All of you are so kind.
Hi Daren,

Hope you're all sorted now..

Peter
Card is not able to be signed but you can also do this with a scratch card which I think I am leaning towards this presentational idea, once fully restored can be immediately handed out for examination, very easy to do, have been practising this for a couple of hours and more or less ready for a performance live!

As I said this is very easy to do which in my mind when under scrutinising pressure from the spectators is a god send

very highly recommended from alakazam

yes peter all sorted now mate, cheers!
Glad you're enjoying it Darren.

FYI I have been getting the card selected and saying" I want to give you this it as a souvenir but I want to do something with it you will remember for the rest of your life" . So I sign it across the top before I tear.

Regards

Peter
I pre ordered this one some weeks ago and had great expectations...
I have to say I am genuinely dissapointed given the pedigree and reputation
of Alakazam. I believe this is not really that practicle in a real live work environment.
To have to have the parts of the restored card tucked underneath your belt is
just not realisitic. The card cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is
that it just doesn't work for me. I'm glad its a goer for others but overall I found it dissapointing.
[quote]
On 2011-11-12 17:22, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
of Alakazam. I believe this is not really that practicle in a real live work environment.
just not realisitic. The is one of my favouritecard cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is
that it just doesn't work for me. I'm glad its a goer for others but overall I found it dissapointing.
[/quote]
Hello Great Raymondo
firstly thank you for purchasing Phuzed.
the torn and restored card effect is one of my favourite tricks in magic and I know there have been many put on the market.Phuzed was a routine I devised a few years ago with the intension of making it how a torn and restored should look (clean restorations)and give reasoning and meaning to the effect. most of the great tnr's that were out at the time did use an extra something and as you know phuzed is no different in that respect but the gimmicks you do recieve take up no more pocket space than any of the other routines, the storage for the gimmicks are just two of my prefered methods and I would be happy to share with you a couple more if you pm me.the trailer for the effect was not a prepaired audience and the reaction were genuine, this is an effect that I use in my working set and always goes down a storm.As 9 times out of 10 I am entertaining at weddings or corperate events I use the inside jacket storage method.i have had a lot of fun with phuzed and sorry that this is not a winner for you but thank you again for your interest in the trick and if you have any questions you would like to ask me about phuzed please feel free to personal message me.
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
[quote]
On 2011-11-12 17:22, TheGreatRaymondo wrote:
just not realisitic. The card cannot be signed beforehand by the spectator and all I can say is
[/quote]
Hello Great Raymondo
the torn and restored card effect is one of my favourite tricks in magic and I know there have been many put on the market.Phuzed was a routine I devised a few years ago with the intension of making it how a torn and restored should look (clean restorations)and give reasoning and meaning to the effect. most of the great tnr's that were out at the time did use an extra something and as you know phuzed is no different in that respect but the gimmicks you do recieve take up no more pocket space than any of the other routines, the storage for the gimmicks are just two of my prefered methods and I would be happy to share with you a couple more if you pm me.the trailer for the effect was not a prepaired audience and the reaction were genuine, this is an effect that I use in my working set and always goes down a storm.As 9 times out of 10 I am entertaining at weddings or corperate events I use the inside jacket storage method.i have had a lot of fun with phuzed and sorry that this is not a winner for you but thank you again for your interest in the trick and if you have any questions you would like to ask me about phuzed please feel free to personal message me.
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
[/quote]
Hello Great Raymondo
kind regards.
Dave Loosley
[/quote]
David, Genuine thanks for taking the time and trouble to respond so quickly and also to be so helpful - very much appreciated. It is rare to get such direct help and support from the actual creator of an effect.
Best regards
Ray
PS. I still use and perform your 'Squash' effect! ;-)
Does anyone that has this like to give a review as iam interested in how practical this is and how it compares to others I recently watched Star by David Forest which looks great but not something I would personally feel comfortable doing close up

Thanks

Dean
Just got this. Will review soon!
Please let me know what you think of Phuzed...I have an issue with arthritis in my hands, comes and goes. Thanks. Nat

[quote]
On 2011-11-23 15:09, boinko wrote:
Just got this. Will review soon!
[/quote]
The reaction and look on the girl's face starting at 1:14 is priceless :)
I have this and whilst I've yet to test it in the real world it played well to my usual test audience - chez nous.

I have another alternative for the 'below the belt' setup or using up inside jacket pocket space issue which I agree could be an obstacle to its use. I had a bit of a papercrane moment and crafted myself a holder out of 4 pieces of reasonably stiff card (from the packaging for a SAN disk as it happens). The pieces I have cut are about one inch wide and are of varying lengths lined up at one end and stuck together at that lined up end with glue and a rubber band. This gives me 3 places into which to slot and hold the relevant parts in the correct sequence and orientation. Its all very 'Heath Robinson' and doesn't look pretty but that's not the point. It works equally well in a right hand outside jacket pocket or right hand front jeans or trouser pocket. (In a jeans pocket you can drop the bits you discard in the little coins pocket insert).
I did a gig with Iain Moran just before Christmas and Iain did this quite a few times at the tables, and it looked amazing! This is really clever and some great thinking has gone into this effect, this is probably one of the easiest methods out there as the g#####ks do most of the work!

Gary Jones.
I'm very interested in this effect. Just been to Blackpool, but didn't see it demoed. This thread kind of died? Why? Did anybody test this out in real performance situations? How was the reactions, and how is it compared to all the other "Normal" T&R routines.

Pros and cons, please.

Jan
I have Phuzed and TnR by Matthieu Bich. I definitively like TnR better. It take a bit more prep each time, but it is VERY powerful. One big difference: TnR can be used to restore a signed card!
[quote]
On 2012-02-20 10:54, Vraagaard wrote:
I'm very interested in this effect. Just been to Blackpool, but didn't see it demoed. This thread kind of died? Why? Did anybody test this out in real performance situations? How was the reactions, and how is it compared to all the other "Normal" T&R routines.

Pros and cons, please.

Jan
[/quote]

I bought mine at Blackpool and I have used it quite a bit and it is as good as the advertisements say, I did change a couple of things to make it work better for me but it was not necessary !

Ben