(Close Window)
Topic: Are you the person you wanted to become?
If so, what made you that person?

If not, why not and what do you hope to achieve?
No, I'm not.

I admire STRONG people who live life LARGE. I am not strong, and am much too cowardly to live life LARGE.

I'm gonna go back to bed now. I'm sleeping 20 hours a day these days. Sad, isn't it?
I thought I was until I realized I wasn't.
Nope, I wish I was less hypocritical than I am. My thoughts on this have nothing to do with being successful or macho or anything perceived as admirable. They are completely geared towards my own shortcomings and failings as a faithful recipient of God's grace and forgiveness yet continued inability to live consistently by the simplest of commands to love my neighbor and my God. Why is this so hard to do consistently? I apologize if this is too "religious".

Glen
I'm glad to be the person I am but have given no thought to who I wanted to become.
Guessing that life experiences have influenced who I am as well as my excellent jeans...(cough)...I mean genes.
[quote]Why is this so hard to do consistently?[/quote]

Good question. There is an old letter by a prolific letter-writer(which I am sure you've read) that discusses it.
I believe it is human nature to want to be more than you are. However looking back there is very little I would do differently if I could do things over.
I've taken a lot of sharp turns and modified my goals when situations beyond my control have arisen. In light of that I feel that where I am now is in many respects better than my previous goals of where I thought I wanted to be.
And then somebody says some crazy ass **** and I realize how much work I have to do on developing patience.
I am who I wanted to be, but with less money, less fame, less glory. Life is easier to handle this way, I suppose...but a few more cars and toys would be nice.

And a retirement plan that doesn't rely on California Lottery tickets.
I never wanted to be anyone in particular--including myself, but if it weren't for me, I wouldn't be anybody. :alien:
In the immortal words of Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother."
No, Steve Jobs is the person I wanted to become.
Are you the person you wanted to become?

Almost. :ohyes:
[quote]
On 2011-10-19 21:45, ringmaster wrote:
No, Steve Jobs is the person I wanted to become.
[/quote]

With the situation what it is today with Steve I think you better rethink that.
I'm getting there.

I'm stubborn with my goals, and for some reason, it's working out for me. Although, I still don't have the money I'd like to have or get the amount of work I want.

I can't complain, I'm 22, live in Venice Beach in a nice house and perform full time. So far, so good.

I'd also like to add that I'm doing it by myself. I know too many "trust fund kids" that pretend to be artists and buy their success.

Brett.
Yes I managed to became god and what made me was pure consciousness.
Maybe not but I'm kind and I can lift heavy objects.

-Mary Mowder
[quote]
On 2011-10-21 23:50, Mary Mowder wrote:
Maybe not but I'm kind and I can lift heavy objects.

-Mary Mowder
[/quote]

Yowsa!