(Close Window)
Topic: 4.8 Minutes - Lecture in Minimalism
Next 3 people to pm me will recieve a free copy of my latest lecture notes. The 3 people who recieve a copy must agree to read it, review it and post their thoughts here. They must also agree not to share it with anyone else.

Speak soon :)
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (Oct 20, 2011 07:34AM)
Pm sent within three minutes of your post. Look forward to reading and reviewing your lecture notes. Also I have heard wonderful things about your In**x's, which are unfortunately all sold out. Any chance of a V1.3 in the future?

Cheers, Asher
Sent PM...hope I made it!
1 of the 3, a great song by James.
I saw you do this at a lecture in the UK. Pity my shorthand wasn't up to scratch - it was good stuff.
Message: Posted by: Illusionist of the Mind (Oct 20, 2011 03:57PM)
[quote]
On 2011-10-20 16:52, TonyB2009 wrote:
I saw you do this at a lecture in the UK. Pity my shorthand wasn't up to scratch - it was good stuff.
[/quote]

I just use a dictophone.
Packhorse!
Looch-

My lecture on minimalism takes 0.25 minutes.

:eek:
Loads of responses thanks guys... First three will be emailed a preview copy today

Many thanks
Looch

Ps Bob.... 15 seconds eh? Lol
This was indeed very good Looch. A stack of business cards and an envelope for a great sequence of miracles at the table. Full endorsement from Barrie Richardson as well! I love your thinking Looch!

Cheers

Dr T
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (Oct 21, 2011 02:07AM)
Eagerly awaiting my chance to review this, high praise from Todd indeed. And with Barrie Richardson's blessing I know it will be GOLD.
Cheers Asher
Thanks Todd. All three copies have been sent out, feel free to say whatever you want, good or bad about the ideas inside. No "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" marketing here. All I do ask is be honest but constructive at the same time

Cheers
Its a great set of notes, and very well constructed and structured...

b*stard...
Sounds like something you would put out then :)
Just finished reading this and it is a great routine for table hopping/ cabaret work.

Everything needed to perform the routine is simple and easy to aquire, setup is also simple.

The p**k method, and drawing dupe are not sleighty or difficult and so more focus can be put on presentation. Drawing dupe method I found was quite creative.

Routine is well structured and the closer is quite powerful if performed well. Looch explained methods very clearly and his tips and patter are solid.

not really my cup of tea as I don't do quick table hopping or cabaret work, but excellent ideas and methods that I may use for future shows and performances.

regards,
MI
I want to say upfront that I have received a review copy of this.

Here are my thoughts:

As already pointed out, this is mainly for strolling and table-hopping magic. Of course, it is very easy to adapt it to a stand-up performance.

Looch gives a full routine to perform and the props used are very basic.

The lesson I learnt most from this manuscript was routining. I am very very happy to read about his 'bookend' to the routine. This is something I cannot wait to use. Again, the concepts are not 'new' but the routine is well thought out.

There are some very good logical disconnects in play that I personally like.

One thing I did not like in the notes was that presentation contained parts of the explanation. Then there is the method section that eliminates some of the parts already discussed. To me, I found that a bit confusing and at times, I had to go back and forth to get the complete picture of the flow. It is not that big of a deal but I would have preferred a more method-free presentation followed by the complete work. Again, this may not be an issue to others and it is certainly not a deal-breaker.

I also liked that Looch does provide a script but also leaves a lot open to the character of the performer.

Overall, it is a very good well-structed routine! It has multiple applause cues. It demonstrates multiple 'abilities'. I really like it! I will certainly incorporate the 'bookend' in my current set along with few other things that Looch mentions.

Great work Looch! :)

Regards,
Ash
[quote]
On 2011-10-21 05:11, looch wrote:
Thanks Todd. All three copies have been sent out, feel free to say whatever you want, good or bad about the ideas inside. No "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" marketing here. All I do ask is be honest but constructive at the same time

Cheers
[/quote]

I didn't get anything. I think they stink!! Scratch this!!!
Thanks for your honest feedback guys. The lecture notes come from a lecture I gave earlier this year to the BSME (Psycrets) here is small excerpt from the intro...

Prelude…

In 2009, I was invited to lecture to some of Germanys Elite mentalists in Hamburg. The premise of that lecture was the following…

The Pack Horse Problem

Pronunciation: (pak'hôrs"), —n.
1. A horse used for carrying goods, freight, supplies, etc.
2. A person who works hard or bears a heavy load of responsibility.
3. A mentalist who feels the need to carry more equipment than he/she will use.

The term ‘Packhorse’ was commonly used in Yorkshire (the region of the UK that I grew up). It was frequently used as a slang term, typically when a husband had the unfortunate job of carrying the shopping bags as his wife stopped at every shop window on the way home;

“Tha’s got me as a bloody Packhorse woman!”

The ‘Packhorse’ term is also one I have coined to describe the Mentalist or Magician who takes far more props to a show than he will actually perform with. It is a common mistake and if you stop and think about it for a moment, you will have done this at some point in the past. I know I have!

A typical walk around gig might consist of 250 people split into groups of 10, sat around tables having a 3 course meal. (This is typical of a corporate Christmas party in the UK.) If the performer is booked for 2 hours, then he will only have on average 4.8 minutes with each table. Taking into consideration that some tables will be served with their food in the middle of your performance, you may only have as few as 2 or 3 minutes with each table.

Instead of filling your pockets and bag with as many effects and props at you can physically carry, it’s time to re-evaluate just exactly who you are as a performer and what you want to communicate to your audience.

The time spent with your groups may be short, but not too short that you cannot leave a strong leave an impression. An impression that can either make or break you as a performer - try to keep this in mind each and every time you approach a table.

The following is a 4.8 minute routine (it can be shorter or longer depending on you) that is simple, strong and covers a range of effects or ‘abilities’. It also minimises any pocket space, since the whole set utilises just a small stack of your business cards, a pen and a small manila envelope.

.................................................................................................................................

If you are interested in a copy, It will be released on the 7th November when I'm back in the UK. Price £15
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (Oct 21, 2011 09:38AM)
Oooo a little teaser. This sounds like something that I really need to read. I am out and out about this evening but I will read through it and post my review at some point over the weekend (probably Sunday).

Cheers, Asher
I had the pleasure of discussing the contents of these lecture notes during a conversation with Looch a while back.

Man!!! This is the stuff I really enjoy doing and I'm glad he's putting this up for the community to look at. It's way under-priced in my humble opinion. It reminds me of a Jerome Finley effect where he reads the minds if several individuals, but Looch has added some extra kicker elements also.

It has some very minor and simple set up but it's really as good as it gets when it comes to reading the minds of several people, with one simple prediction in the middle and a 'wham bam thank you ma'am' of a prediction at the end.....

Take a bow Looch (pun intended) it's really great stuff, mindreading with a huge punch but with business cards and a coin envelope.
With a bit of thought this can easily be adapted for parlor or stage, but Looch teaches for a close-up setting and teaches it well.

I'm assuming the lecture notes (having not seen them as yet) are just that, lecture notes, and may be a little disjointed, as has been mentioned by a poster above, but this is a very simple method and routine (only takes 4.8 minutes in fact! But somehow Bob can do it in 15 seconds!!! Lol) and I'm sure Looch will help if any aspects are unclear.

Kam
Here's what great about these notes:
for most of us there are no shortages of tricks and effects out there.
but when it comes time to perform-- ESPECIALLY walk-a-round-- you need great effects AND great routining.

looch delivers.
Why does it have to be for 'table hopping'...why not for those lovely moments when asked to 'do something' after dinner with friends, or while sitting in a bar? The innocence of everything and the sequencing are simply marvellous for an impromptu moment that can then be turned into future work....or just walk away and leave them gasping for more....

Dr T
Message: Posted by: SubconsciousSymbols (Oct 26, 2011 07:47AM)
This is my review of Looch's lecture notes '4.8 minutes'.

First of all I would like to thank Looch for the opportunity to read these notes. I know next to nothing of Looch except that he is obviously an extremely accomplished mentalist (case in point these notes) and also a student of el Diablo (influence).

I actually like the way that the explanation is parenthesized in the performance because I think it allows you to get a better sense of how it all fits together and should flow as a routine. I think this is probably the main lesson that I am taking away from these notes. As has been mentioned above, the ability to routine a cohesive and congruent routine is of the utmost importance.

Looch has managed this, whilst still keeping enough variety to entertain even the MTV generation, in a wonderful way.

There are a few lovely little 'moves' and subtleties which I think everyone can benefit from knowing, although 99% of the actual methods will be old hat to anyone who has got themselves a walk-around gig in the first place.

The idea used to get the knockout prediction at the end. And the tactic of giving it to them folded and walking away are GOLDEN.

I also gained a lot of knowledge, and sparks for ideas, from Looch's business card 'stack'. This again is GOLD and can be adapted to suit YOUR individual routine/style.

The main thing that struck me though was how it was routined perfectly to minimise 'dead time' and get everybody involved throughout and build to an impossible climax.

All in all, great notes.
On the strength of this I will be looking more closely into anything Looch produces in the future.

Hope this review was helpful.

Cheers, Asher
[quote]
On 2011-10-26 08:47, SubconsciousSymbols wrote:

The idea used to get the knockout prediction at the end. And the tactic of giving it to them folded and walking away are GOLDEN.
[/quote]

Seems like a Max Maven way of ending a show.
I'll be interested in purchasing this when it is out, Looch. What will be the best way to do so?

Thanks!
I'll be adding them onto my site this week! Stay tuned
Perfect! Thanks -- looking forward to it!
Just to let you know, the lecture notes are now avaliable at http://www.looch.co.uk/products

PM me for password
[quote]
On 2011-11-08 05:40, looch wrote:
Just to let you know, the lecture notes are now avaliable at http://www.looch.co.uk/products

PM me for password
[/quote]

Just ordered... looking forward to it. :)

Also, I noticed that this is a physical product. Any chance for an electronic version?
I got it and I like it.
His lecture note is a whole close-up routine ( of course you don't have to perform the whole sequence) which has a very good structure and punch the face of you audience!
Well done Looch(ness):-)
Message: Posted by: Crossroads Mystic (Nov 24, 2011 12:00AM)
Wow, great routine. The 4.8 minutes is certainly packed. I'd love to Looch do this, to get a sence of his pacing & timing. There is nothing minimal about this from the audiances point of view.
~Gavin
I found a review of this lecture notes : http://tinyurl.com/83x8wlo . Sounds like a winner for me.
Just a small update. The lecture notes are now digital on my site. If you have already bought staple bound ones, email me and ill send you the link and password to the digital versions.
I really like this and it is a real World set. Great stuff
Great now that its digital. Downloading now. Lets give this puppy a test drive.
OK, I agree with most about the routineing and multiple points of amazement. I don't however agree this is good for table hopping.

Closeup yes most definitely. For you folks that have or use this for table hopping please pm me and let me know how you use this effect in that environment. I love the effect but have to admit a little disappointed.

Overall great effect and you will learn tricky methods to apply to other effects!

John
Hi John, no hush hush here mate,what are you disappointed in and I'll try and help out.
I don't know how I missed this thread when it came about a while back but I'm glad that it popped up again. I do a lot of close up and weddings so this was right up my ally and sent Looch a pm right away. I bought the notes and they were delivered within minuets. I have always been a fan of Looch's work as I believe that in most cases, simple is best and like his s.a.d DVD, this ranks right up there. No need to fill the pockets with junk and work with a cluttered mess, just grab a few business cards, pen and some envelopes and you are ready to perform a multi phase routine that will hit hard.

I personally like the flow of the routine my self and as far as the presentation that is used in the notes, it is something that I have played around with for many effects and suits this routine perfectly. Me personally, I will definitely be using two phases of the routine with a different approach/presentation but what I got most out of the notes was (as I stated above) the flow of the routine. It in all honesty has got me thinking about the other routines I perform for close up and will currently be re-working some of the effects to create that flow.

All in all, I will gladly admit that this has been worth every penny spent and would like to thank Looch for releasing this to the community.

Darren
Yep I gotta agree whole heartedly with Darren... I really like and for me it delivers what's promised
I'm tinkering a little with the routining as well, though Looch has done a fab job with the flow of it as is..
For 15 quid ,i think it's a steal and something I'd recommend you ask Santa for..
Another beaut SAD routine..great job Looch
With most ebooks, I regret my purchase after reading them.

Luckily, with 4.8 Minutes this is not the case.
There is nothing revolutionary in this ebook and I won't perform the routine exactly as it is described either.
But there are a whole lot of nice ideas in 4.8 that are absolutely worth its money.

I really love the beginning and end of the routine.
This is something that I will definitely put to good use.

Well done, Looch!

Florian
Just received this quote in regards to 4.8 minutes (and another unreleased piece)

"I am a big fan of all work put out by Looch.There has never been at anytime that I have been disappointed I have always found gems in his work.He is one of the modern day creative geniuses."

Neal Scryer
Congrats my friend, that is a great compliment!

Darren
Hi Guys,

Really interest in 4.8, I've pm'd Looch for the password to his product section but I imagine the guys very busy and hasn't had time to get back to me yet. I would be very appreciative if someone would be so kind to PM me the password.

Thanks in advance!
Mr Conway-

Welcome to the Café. I suggest you read the sticky topic at the top of the Penny forum. We do not give out passwords to protected sites.

That would kind of defeat the purpose of the password.

Also, it would help if you introduced yourself to the members of the forum.
Mmm 3 PM's today each one from users who registered between 1 and 3 years ago and all have zero post count, all requesting my password. Quite strange or am I being paranoid?
It seems like that could mean they are duplicate accounts of the same user. Sounds pretty odd to me. I would ask the mods to check it out.
Mastermindreader -

Sorry for my ignorance, I have reread and perused the sticky topic and came across no mention of restrictions in regards to protected websites. It did how ever mention the following:

"Here's what we can do to help you:
We can point you in the right direction – towards books and ebooks and other resources"

I assumed this point would aid me in regards to my request, slightly misleading wouldn't you say?

As far as introductions go, I'll keep it short and sweet. I've been involved in magic ever since I can remember. My grandfather, who is a respected member of my local magic community, introduced me when I was around 10 (I'm now 23 years old) and has mentored and funded my passion ever since, putting me through numerous courses such as Davenports beginners and intermediate courses. I've taken magic a lot more seriously in the last 5 years and have gradually started performing at local venues with a aim to secure regular slots.

I've been hovering on this forum for a while now. I admit I've never posted as most of my questions have been answered sooner or later by other members or friends. Perhaps this post will spur me to post a little more now we've broken the ice.

Looch -

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed, I'm a big fan of S.A.D (purchased from Alakazam) which has provided me with inspiration for a few routines of mine. I've been recommended to purchase 4.8 as I've been informed it would be ideal for me and my style of performance. My desire to purchase 4.8 is a compliment towards you, is it too much of an ask to be able to purchase another one of your works?
Mr Conway-

My mistake. The Café rule against asking for or sharing passwords to protected sites may be found at:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=17&forum=39&0

It reads:

[quote]Exposure & Passwords:

...Please do not ask anyone here for Passwords to other magic sites, or for answers to questions those sites may be asking for entrance.[/quote]

Good thoughts,
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 17:45, Mr Conway wrote:
Looch -

I must admit I'm slightly disappointed, I'm a big fan of S.A.D (purchased from Alakazam) which has provided me with inspiration for a few routines of mine. I've been recommended to purchase 4.8 as I've been informed it would be ideal for me and my style of performance. My desire to purchase 4.8 is a compliment towards you, is it too much of an ask to be able to purchase another one of your works?
[/quote]

Mr Conway - Please don't be disappointed, Reading a book that was on general community release doesn't automatically give people access to my private products. You PM'd me asking for the password with a zero post count, it's very hard to know much about you. Then within a few hours of PM'ing me you request the password publically on the forum. I'm the one whos slightly disappointed.
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 15:32, looch wrote:
Mmm 3 PM's today each one from users who registered between 1 and 3 years ago and all have zero post count, all requesting my password. Quite strange or am I being paranoid?
[/quote]

hmm.. it means you're becoming paranoid very fast, almost immediately, so I think the word suits the best is polaroid ;-)
I understand Mr Conway he wants to see you product so you have to give him the password wayne!
Selfish Looch, if he wants you have to! lol
Looch, I was one of the people who PM'd you yesterday asking for the password.

This description made the routine sound like something I could learn a lot from:
"The following is a 4.8 minute routine (it can be shorter or longer depending on you) that is simple, strong and covers a range of effects or ‘abilities’. It also minimises any pocket space, since the whole set utilises just a small stack of your business cards, a pen and a small manila envelope."

I realise I don't have much of a post-count. Apologies if I did the wrong thing by requesting permission to buy these notes.
I've now received the publication and look forwards to reading it, I'll be sure to post a review when I can.
My review as promised. I really enjoyed this routine, it's very well explained and contains some great ideas. I've rejigged and played around with parts and have now created my own version, a Frankenstein 4.8, if you will.

Great work and highly recommended.

Kind regards,

Mr Conway
Message: Posted by: ParaLabs - Thomas (Mar 18, 2012 03:57AM)
Looch offered an extremely well constructed collage of sequences and effects with perspective to his intention - walk around effectivity - on the pages of this work.

Personally I don't do walk around gigs that often so my personal experiences in this particular field of application for mentalism effects aren't that sound; but I see his routine playing VERY well.
I love the flow over-all and how the separate parts lead to each other, complement each other and (from their structures as well as regarding their premises) create a homogeneous over-all impression.

And finally - on a "meta-level" - I think it was a very worthwhile idea to publish a manuscript on the topic of walk around minimalism - incl. a working solution for the particular requirements of walk around gigs.

Great work!

Th.
I'll have to read this again. I found a little to much reset to call this a walkaround effect. Am I wrong?

John
Hi John

Ill PM you since it discloses MO
Ok, I'll try and word this carefully as to not expose much but basically. The routine is a lecture in "Minimalism" its designed to make you think and re-evaluate your approach to mentalism from a minimalist POV. The set is designed to cover many bases and build in strength into a big full circle finish. It uses (from the audience POV) a small stack of your own business cards, a pen and an envelope.

For those asking about the reset of the routine, its quite simple. You will need to replace whatever you use in the first performance. Envelope, a pre-prepped card, and whatever normal business cards you use. These can be put in the same order outlined in the set up. You could make a batch of these and put a rubber band round them if you want to speed things up, its up to you.

If you don't write on the envelope, you can also reuse that. You will need to change the handling slightly to get your p***

Hope that helps anyone who might be dwelling on the reset. My advice, go out a perform it once, see the response you will get and then think about how you can include it in your rep. I tend to have several walk around sets I can chop and change. 4.8 for me is used approx 3 times in a night, alternating between another set that doesn't use any visible props.

Kind regards
I've been a member of this board for a long, long time and don't post messages unless I believe there is something I can help you guys with, but let me 100% guarantee you that this is a tremendous walkaround/table hopping mentalism routine from Looch that has my highest recommendation.
I performed this tonight during a corporate event at the Sofitel Grand Legend, Amsterdam in the Netherlands and the astonishment, reactions and entertainment value was right up there. The routine involves 3 people and is beautifully structured. As Looch has said from a reset perspective I just have a stack of envelopes with the related business cards prepared and ready to go.
When you read Loochs' manuscript I found it helpful to map out the routine and how you interact with each spectator, helped me a lot although you guys may not need this because the manuscript is beautifully produced as per Loochs' other releases. I also added the a little touch to the final reveal by using an SUC but again you don't need this - works fine without.
I've performed Stuart Cumberlands "Annemans One Man Mental Routine" on stage many times over the last 7 years and from the feedback I am receiving this is is up there with it on a walkaround/table hopping level.
For the price Looch is asking it is a steal - trust me.
Cheers,
Paul.
It's good.

It's also a nice reminder that whatever you're making for walkaround keep it simple and to the point, and cover yourself for time-sinks like people fiddling around doing other stuff. Make sure you use your limited time wisely and involve as many people as possible.
... hmmm I thought I posted after John's last comment but I guess I didn't.
I used Looch's lecture notes as inspiration for a walkaround set-- I don't use the same method that he does but my structure is the same and reset is not a problem for me... by the time I leave the table I'm ready for the next one.

d
For those of you who have this: do you remove the spectator's drawing at the end for comparison, or do you just get a verbal confirmation that you got their drawing?
I do... it's theatrically stronger and it helps with reset-- but I don't use Looch's method.
Greetings, all. I purchased 4.8 minutes back in March. I wanted to give it a few real-word performances before I gave a review. Upon the first read, I knew these notes had something special. There is a particular effect I've had rattling around in my head for some time now, and after one read-through of the booklet, I finalnly found what I'd been missing. That alone makes this worth far more than Looch is asking. Looch has released some in dive material in a short amount of time, and this set of notes easily stands in line with the quality items he has produced.

What really makes this work invaluable, is that it focuses on a venue that I haven't found much literature for - table hopping mentalism. Wile some may think this is not the place for mentalism, looch shows that, even with a limited amount of time, you can perform extremely powerful, hard-hitting mentalism. The routine offers multiple demonstrations, gets the entire table in on the performance, and, no point, sacrifices clarity of presentation for strength of effect. There is a lot going on, and it took me a second read to fully grasp the pacing and structure. When I did, I was amazed by what Looch has delivered.

Like many others, I will likely never use the routine as laid out in the notes, from start to finish - which should not be the objective in the first place. What this has done, above anything, is planted more seeds of creativity in me. I have the foundations for the effect I've been wanting to do, and countless other ideas that spawn from the effects demonstrated in the routine.

Wile there is nothing truly groundbreaking by way of method, what Looch has done (quite well), is give a blueprint for HOW to perform in this venue. Keeping what his needed, in the way of "props", to a minimum allows you to refine and consolidate your handling. From the first introduction to the final revelation (which offers an ingenious way to leave a lasting impression for the table you just performed for, and an incredibly powerful lead-in to the table you're next approaching), there is no wasted effort, no superfluous actions. As the saying goes - a place for everything, and everything in its place. This was the true hallmark for me, with this manuscript - worth more than even the great effects within.

As for the content of effects - the routine, as described in the booklet, offers demonstrations of multiple mentalism abilities, including:
Divining a thought of word
Spectator divines a thought from the performer
A demonstration of influence
A drawing duplication
A massive finish that can play as a prediction of a 100% free choice

The routine can be done all at once, or shortened to any length. Each piece is strong enough to stand on its own, but when placed in the routine, have a natural progression, as well as a cohesive, underlying theme. Even though you are doing a lot, it all ties together perfectly. And at around $27 (16.50 in UK), you just can't go wrong. I can't recommend this highly enough!
Thank you Demitri for your review of the notes, I am very happy that you enjoyed the work :)
In the "explanation" half the drawing duplication is the final revelation. In the description however, the..."influence" part is the final revelation. (I'm not talking about the sweetcorn revelation if you know what I mean, the mobile phone revelation in his example).

I have a feeling that the "mobile phone" revelation should be second to last (third to last if you include the NTPW variation), purely for theatrical purposes, I was wondering how others handle this?
Jheffs reviewed these notes in his recent update here: http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/48min.html
Is there much crossover between these notes and Your Thoughts Are Mine DVD or SAD book?
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Jan 4, 2013 06:58PM)
I really like this routine. As others have mention, I now do the Drawing Dup a different way so that I can show the person's drawing next to mine. This is really a great set of effects. When I now do this, I carry a stack of business cards and a stack of envelopes with a rubber band around them That way I can pull out the stack of envelopes and remove one envelope each time that I do this.

Talk about hard hitting mentalism......

Best
Ray
[quote]
On 2013-01-04 17:48, hornet wrote:
Is there much crossover between these notes and Your Thoughts Are Mine DVD or SAD book?
[/quote]

No, slight relation to "nod to Pocketwatch" in one part but this is a complete close up act that has so much going on.
I too have tried this, having bought it from Looch's website and been very excited by the possibilities. After playing around with the set as written, I found that in my hands it played for longer than 4.8 minutes but that is probably my style. I cut out one part of the routine (don't want to reveal much on here, but for those with the product it saved me preparing the business cards as much). I admire the handing that Looch has described, as the set lends itself to adaptation, for which I am grateful.

I also found that the sacrifice of missing one of the strong effects didn't detract from the effect on the audiences, as the finish is a mind-blower! There are a couple of principles combined for the finale, which I have never seen put together in this way before in the literature. Beautiful, and although not for the beginner in mentalism (sorry if you disagree Looch) I think that this is a great value, considering the number of one-trick products out there that are more expensive.

This is, IMHO, a worker.

Disclaimer - I don't know Looch, nor will I be asking him to endorse any of my products soon! :)
Thanks so much for your positive praise for these notes. I am going to be lecturing on some of the effects and theory in 4.8 for Penguin Live next Sunday (17th Feb) if you have something you would like me to touch on during the lecture from this release please let me know ASAP!
Looch I cannot attend the lecture live, but I will download it after the fact. Having never watched a Penguin Live Lecture before can you answer:

1. Will I still be able to view any Q&A's posed during the lecture in the download?
2. Will you be touching on stuff in your SAD Night In Hamburg notes?

Best of luck buddy, I just wish I could watch live.

Chris
[quote]
On 2013-02-10 15:56, bond19 wrote:
Looch I cannot attend the lecture live, but I will download it after the fact. Having never watched a Penguin Live Lecture before can you answer:

1. Will I still be able to view any Q&A's posed during the lecture in the download?
2. Will you be touching on stuff in your SAD Night In Hamburg notes?

Best of luck buddy, I just wish I could watch live.

Chris

[/quote]

Yes & yes buddy, there will be a Q&A section after the main material of the lecture!
Awesome.

On a side note, I loved your advise on the proper use/misuse of business cards in your act and how to maximise their role in ones act. Absolute gems and proper 'slap your head in hind site' thinking.
Opps, were talking about 4.3min here aren't we.