(Close Window)
Topic: Today is Harold Camping's Updated Doomsday
Some may not recall, but when Harold Camping made his end-of-the-world prediction, and it didn't come about, he revised it - but with *slightly* less conviction.

Today is that day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring for him. He's basically out of options.
He was out of options last time, but that didn't stop him. I trust there will be some goalpost-moving that will once against explain everything.
Day ain't over yet. If we do all make it to next week I wonder how he will rationalize it this time?

And if he's right then I will be ****ed off because I have to pay my phone bill today. Can you imagine? You just pay your phone bill and the world ends. Story of my life. Every car I've had that ever broke down did it on a full tank of gas.
[quote]
On 2011-10-21 17:24, critter wrote:

Day ain't over yet. If we do all make it to next week I wonder how he will rationalize it this time?
[/quote]
It's already Saturday October 22nd in Ozzie-land.

Destiny ... are you still here?
Yeah, but last time didn't we have to wait until the last midnight in some third world country? And then another 45 minutes to make sure the clocks weren't off? It's only 2:30 in the afternoon here. Enough time to pay this bill (cue Jaws theme.)
It would be cool to see Destiny ascending to heaven though.
Did it happen yet?
I told him it was the 28th but wouldn't listen.
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs. His revision had to do with the rapture apparently being a spiritual rapture rather than an actual rapture and god apparently forgiving everybody enough to avoid torturing us for five months instead just letting us all live out the rest of our days on Earth, with nothing actually happening. So although nothing happened it wasn't the end of the world that did not happen.

Not that I am defending the nut, the world still isn't ending tonight.
Camping in custody and under mental surveillance

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/10/harold-camping-in-custody-after.html?m=1

Just saw it....

-Bobby
Wow, not a good time for him to being evaluated. He'll probably be acting extra nutty with what he's expecting.

"Camping had requested to be taken to the area to assess the Lordís loving and merciful slaughter of sinners," Gotta love it.
You hit upon a satire site, LOL! I clicked on the 'disclaimers' link below the article and found:

"The publication is presented as satire, not comedy, and certainly not reality...." :)

[quote]
On 2011-10-21 20:43, atouchofmagic1 wrote:
Camping in custody and under mental surveillance

http://www.benningtonvalepress.com/2011/10/harold-camping-in-custody-after.html?m=1

Just saw it....

-Bobby
[/quote]
[quote]
On 2011-10-21 20:13, gdw wrote:
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs.
[/quote]

Glenn, you're incorrect (on Camping's position).

Here it is, from his own message, taken from his website:

"Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgment of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21, 2011"
[quote]
On 2011-10-22 00:45, Chessmann wrote:
[quote]
On 2011-10-21 20:13, gdw wrote:
Just to clarify the last one wasn't the prediction of the end of the world but of the rapture where all the good souls would be taken up to heaven and the rest of us would be left here in torture until today when the official end of the world occurs.
[/quote]

Glenn, you're incorrect (on Camping's position).

Here it is, from his own message, taken from his website:

"Thus we can be sure that the whole world, with the exception of those who are presently saved (the elect), are under the judgment of God, and will be annihilated together with the whole physical world on October 21, 2011"
[/quote]

Not seeing where that is contradicting what I said.
Unless you are referring to me omission of the actual end of the world from his rapture prediction, which was (the Oct 25 end date) included with his initial rapture prediction.
Ah, I thought you were referring to October 21 instead of May 21 in your post.
Well its a beautiful Saturday morning here in Florida!!!
Seems like the work is still just fine :)

Now to go mess around with my new pure smoke
And some coffee.

-Bobby
Sorry that should be world!
Lol
Yay, we survived! God has spared us in his infinite mercy!
God is very busy. What if he's been tied up with something else and is late getting to ending the world?

It's going to be a terribly disappointing to wake up to a brand new day we thought we'd never see, only to watch the dark clouds gathering...
But god is all knowing and all powerful. If he had a scheduling conflict, he'd have seen it coming, and been able to do plenty to fix it.
He's toying with us. :)
Again no Camping Trip!
BAD!...BAD HAROLD!!
NO BISQUIT!!! :thumbsdown:
Worst cult leader ever. Everybody knows that the 'out' for this stuff is the kool-aid. That way, everyone who bought your message the first time won't be around to find out that you're a complete re-nob.
Don't be too upset that your prediction missed, Harold. It's not the end of the world.
We all woke up Saturday at the Magic and Meaning Conference in Las Vegas only to find the hallways of the hotel littered with Bibles. For a moment we thought the Rapture had occured. Then it was pointed out that the stacks of scripture were left there so that the maid service could put the new Guideon Bibles into the rooms.
You know, I've been in a couple of hotels (here in the USA) that had not only a Bible, but a Koran, as well.

If hotel Bibles are called "Gideon Bibles", I wonder what the Korans might be called? "__________ Korans".
I've never seen a Koran in a hotel, but I did see a Book of Mormon once. Wonder if I could get a bulk deal on some D.T. Suzuki :)
[quote]
On 2011-10-24 11:54, Payne wrote:
We all woke up Saturday at the Magic and Meaning Conference in Las Vegas only to find the hallways of the hotel littered with Bibles. For a moment we thought the Rapture had occured. Then it was pointed out that the stacks of scripture were left there so that the maid service could put the new Guideon Bibles into the rooms.
[/quote]

I thought you were leading up to it being a bunch of ****ed off followers throwing the bibles out of their rooms after not being taken away.
[quote]
On 2011-10-22 17:46, Destiny wrote:
God is very busy. What if he's been tied up with something else and is late getting to ending the world?

It's going to be a terribly disappointing to wake up to a brand new day we thought we'd never see, only to watch the dark clouds gathering...
[/quote]

Sounds a little like the followers of the 2nd coming of the great prophet Zarquod. (Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy). We find the followers having dinner at the Restaurant At The End of the Universe where they're still waiting. The Great Prophet Zarquod actually shows up seconds before the galaxy actually ends.
[quote]
On 2011-10-24 12:21, Chessmann wrote:
You know, I've been in a couple of hotels (here in the USA) that had not only a Bible, but a Koran, as well.

If hotel Bibles are called "Gideon Bibles", I wonder what the Korans might be called? "__________ Korans".
[/quote]

The Gideons were a group of followers who thought if Bibles were found in hotel rooms, people would be inspired to read them instead of "questionable" stuff. I don't know who's distributing the Korans.
Sorry. I try not to do that, but sometimes I forget I already posted.
Me too.
Don't we all?
Doesn't everybody?
Yeah, but we're not supposed to and I got called on the green carpet once already for that.
I don't get it, Ed. What did you post twice? Post twice in two different topics?

Mind you, I've just had a glass of Port, so my faculties might not be at their best! :)
Yes, I posted twice on two different topics on the same thread. What I've been told is that I'm supposed to edit my original post with whatever new information I want to add, not make another post.
I have too, but sometimes it seems necessary for the rythm of the conversation. I don't know. Kids these days with their floopy disks and Goggle Plus...