(Close Window)
Topic: Anyone have this yet?
Looks very interesting. And as all of Paul's effects, I'm sure it's great.

http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/HipKnowTherapy.htm
Hey, its only ten of your u.s. dollars...

let us know what its like!

oh go on...
This caught my eye too. I've not found any reviews yet.
Just found out about this as well, the idea seems interesting but wish it was available with the card already made up. (not to printer friendly)

Darren
I'm going to bite tonight. As Iain says, it won't break the bank and Paul's output is consistently outstanding.
I guess what I'm curious about is this: It says, "only one EXAMINABLE card is used..." Does that mean there's only one card, period? Or is there a second UN-EXAMINABLE card?
Paul's come up with some excellent ideas in the past - I'm seriously considering this.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 19, 2011 05:17PM)
Gabe,

Since you say that it says... "Only one examinable card is USED"...

Your question should rather be - "Why use the one examinable card if there is a second unexaminable one?"
That kind of doublespeak would probably tick people off...and I don't know that he's known for weasel-wording things.

But I sure want to hear a review before I decide whether I can use it or not. As usual, I'm hoping it's the next big find.
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the interest!

Sorry for the delay, but I just got in.

Also sorry for the confusion. Only one card is used in the routine. The card is gimmicked, and can withstand examination.

I've had some people ask if it works in other languages. The printable card is in English, and will work for anyone who can read English.

I am revising the PDF now with a blank template of the card, so it can be customized to other languages.

Thanks again!
Am still considering - but it has all gone quiet. Is anyone able to offer any sort of review or comment? I am sure many would appreciate one.

Neil
I think I am going to be answering my own question here. A review coming up fairly soon.
Interested to hear what you have to say about it Neil

Steve
Ya I'm interested in a review aswell!

Kieran
Awh f### it,i couldn't wait any longer and it's cheap so I purchased it! Will post a review asap

Kieran
Can't wait you guys.
Over the years Paul Carnazzo has built up an excellent reputation for creating innovative and highly workable effects, including the pocket mentalism series. His latest release is Hip-Know Therapy and again this is very different and gets away from the usual mentalism fare.

A full and accurate description of this effect is given here: http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/HipKnowTherapy.htm but in essence, what the spectator sees the first time they look at the card (after having been ‘induced’) and the second time appears to be different. As stated, only one card is used – there are absolutely no switches – and there is no dual reality or stooging. The effect is clean and pretty well automatic in working.

As with Paul’s other releases, it is all very well thought through and described. However, as this is a download, you will need to print out the card and here you are given very clear instructions. Also, should you need to perform the effect in a different language, a template is provided. Having printed out the card you will also need to do something else and which is easily done.

The working of the effect is straightforward, allowing you to concentrate on presentation and patter. This includes giving the spectator a cold reading and revealing the words they ‘thought’ they saw and then finding out they didn’t! You can certainly make much of this and with plenty of room to adapt your patter and to fit in with you and/or your situation. The presentation gives you a lot of scope.

The cost of this effect is only $10 and is a real bargain. All is clearly explained and you will have an effect which is nicely different and something that you can carry around with you. A further plus, as far as I am concerned, are the graphics that are given. Even if you decide not to present Hip-Know Therapy as described (and I know a lot will), you could still carry the card with its hypnotic imagery and use it for other effects. The cover and design of the card is absolutely excellent and opens the way to other possibilities. Given the price, the ingenious nature of the effect, that it is nicely different and that the graphics on the card could be used in other presentations, Hip-Know Therapy is definitely well worth consideration.

Highly recommended.
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Nov 24, 2011 06:26AM)
Sounds interesting!
Thanks for the review NeilS, the effect sounds very intriguing.
Same as neillS review!

Kieran
Paul, Kieran,

I have four questions...

Does the card do all the work, or is there any move(s) involved?
Are envelopes involved?
Is this dual reality?
Can this be adapted larger scale for stage?
In answer to Mindpro's questions.

1 The card does the majority of the work
2 No envelopes are involved
3 It is not dual reality
4 Can it be adapted on a larger scale for the stage? I don't know without trying. My inclination is that it would be best as it is.
Thanks, NeilS, I appreciate it.
Thanks Neil and Kieran!

I'm glad you are both happy with the effect.

Hopefully we'll hear from some others soon.

Thanks again!

Paul
I always look forward to the original thinking of Paul Carnazzo and his new card is yet one more example of his ongoing creativity.

"Hip Know Therapy" is a very clever and easy to do effect that with the right presentation can certainly cause a participant to believe that you can indeed "get inside their head".

One side of the card creates the illusion of inducing a mild hypnotic state in the subject, before proceeding with the rest of the routine, and that I particularly like.(When you see what I mean, you may ask "why didn't I think of doing that?")

The one difference with this card is that it has to be made by yourself as the instructions (clear) are in PDF form. However, the effort to make the card will no doubt be rewarded by the reaction from your participant.

I'm a fan of "instant mentalism entertainment" that can fit in my wallet. Mr. Carnazzo is rapidly establishing himself as the "King of Mentalism Wallet Cards" and rightly so.

For those on the fence, $10 can buy you this darn clever piece of creative psychological entertainment or.......

Someone wisely said that "the mind once expanded to the dimension of a new idea, can never return to it's original size". I would add that the same goes for my wallet with Mr.Carnazzo's uber clever cards.

Gerry
I agree with the positive comments. I only have the option of quick routines and this fits the bill.
Its a nice little effect. Great thinking !!
Gerry and John,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I hope you both will be using this.

For those looking for more reviews, Jheff has posted one on his site:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/hipknow.html
Ok, so I've had Hip-Know-Therapy for a couple of days now... Marvelous thinking on this one; no surprise, coming from Paul. I couldn't agree more with Neil S' review above. This is some very hard-hitting mentalism, where the effect is pretty much self-working and all you need to focus on, is presentation. Gave it a test-drive today, and left a couple of people questioning their own perception and experience. One said that this was the first time they had ever been hypnotized. I must say, that was a reaction I truly enjoyed.

The only tricky aspect to Hip-Know-Therapy is constructing the card; but keep in mind, I am craft-challenged, and was able to make it up easily thanks to Paul's clear and concise instructions.

You'll use this one.

Highly recommended.
Just downloaded it and looks great.
Also works in other languages and I've also have an additional idea which I have to test first.
Instructions are clear, it's fairly easy to create + it's possible to adapt it to your own performance style.

Also discovered that you can import the template directly from the PDF into the free graphic program The Gimp. This way you can change it to your language or even change the looks or ''induction part''
Hi

Can the card be laminated to make it more durable? If the answer would involve exposure then please feel free to PM me.

Thanks in advance.

Steve
Hey y'all
[quote]
On 2011-12-13 21:16, mag1cman wrote:
Can the card be laminated to make it more durable? If the answer would involve exposure then please feel free to PM me.
Steve
[/quote]
This is a good question, anyone want to take it up?

thanks
Larry
Sorry got the late reply!

Due to the workings of the card, laminating is not an option.

The card is easy to construct, and you can print unlimited quantities, so when the card gets a little worn, you can discard it and simply use a new one.

Thanks for the interest!