(Close Window)
Topic: Twist & Shout 2012
It's official! For the first time ever I will be hosting the stage competition at Twist & Shout. And I will be joined by the lovely and really stinkin' funny Shana Brenion of Nifty Balloons fame. That's right, two of the funniest, most talented, and best looking people in the balloon industry MCing this years show. This may go down as the greatest stage competition in T&S history.

In addition, I will be teaching two regular classes (one on twisting, and one on performing), and a four hour extended workshop on image and branding.

http://balloonconvention.com/
..Lili VonSchtupp and I will be going NOW!!..
Message: Posted by: Rob the Balloon Guy (Nov 21, 2011 01:12AM)
Eddie, if you see this before you leave, don't go just yet! The convention is not until February!
Dang, Rob stole my joke.
Wish I could bring my 14 year old daughter...she is a budding...and very talented...twister. Money is too tight this year though. Perhaps next year!
Who else is going from The Magic Café?
Can't make it this year but I will be there in 2013!!
I'd love to be there this year but will have to wait until next year too.
Not in my budget this year. May be next year.
I am going to drive up Friday and get a day pass for Saturday. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!
I'll be seeing you guys there!
I'll be there.
I hope everyone had a good time.

I hope to make it out to St. Louis next year.
It was another good convention. I very much enjoyed Buster's gag class.
So much fun!!! Was able to meet so many People and have one of the best times of my life!!! The only bad thing for me is that Seriously Silly was out of stock so I have to wait till its shipped to start reading it. And the fact that I missed a few good classes. Next year is coming soon though !!
Silly Billy had an awesome Class!! Great meeting you guys!!
RC
That was without a doubt the hardest I have ever worked at a convention. I think it was also the most fun I have ever had at a convention. Can't wait for next year!
Hey Buster,

From all the photos and stuff I've seen it looked AWESOME. It sounded like a roller coaster ride of utter joy and lack of sleep! I hope to be there next year joining in the fun with you!

D the I
Danny, Major congratulations to you on winning the Dewey "Twister of the Year" award which was announced at this year's Twist and Shout. I'm really happy for you and it is well deserved for the innovation and creativity you possess and share. I hope to be there next year as well so that, among other things, I can bask in your glory.
Thanks Steve!
That was the best hosting ever by Buster and Shana!!
Can't wait until 2013. See you there!!!!
Eddie
The only downside of the convention was that I couldn't find a copy of Mad Hatz and Wild Wearable Vol. 4. Everyone was sold out!
It was great meeting you Fudd, and great seeing you again, Jeff. Thanks Rogue Clown (FunnyEddie.com)for being you. I used one of the bits that Buster taught in the class in my shows today! Thanks Buster for being so giving to the Balloon Community.
I am really sad that we couldn't go this year. A trip to Walt Disneyworld Marathon Weekend was our big family trip.

With Silly Billy in the house, Buster back, a class on stage, and the delightful Brenions, I am especially feeling like I lost out on a major event.

But we're returning in 2013. The father-daughter peforming team will be back with another hopefully heart-warming stage show.
The lovely Miss Shana and I have already been invited back to host the stage show and competition next year. Plus I am guessing that the Fashion Show and Film Festival will return. There are also rumors brewing about next years headliner. Having Silly Billy this year was amazing, and Jeff McBride a few years ago was really incredible, but if they actually sign the person they are hoping for in 2013...

Sorry, I've said too much already.
Steve It was great seeing you as well!! I cant begin to express how much fun I had those 5 days. I am sad I cant go to WBC But I plan on going in 2013.

Buster and Shana are an amazing team !! The show was so much fun from what I was told I guess I've been spoiled this being my first TnS everyone said it was the best by far yet!!!Brilliant event all in all, only draw back is I wish I had had more money for the Sunday/Master classes I still was able to get so much from this!!!! (this song always makes me think of Buster at home working on his newest design!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zfBl3Hnopo
[quote]
On 2012-02-17 23:14, FuDD wrote:
Steve It was great seeing you as well!! I cant begin to express how much fun I had those 5 days. I am sad I cant go to WBC But I plan on going in 2013.

Buster and Shana are an amazing team !! The show was so much fun from what I was told I guess I've been spoiled this being my first TnS everyone said it was the best by far yet!!!Brilliant event all in all, only draw back is I wish I had had more money for the Sunday/Master classes I still was able to get so much from this!!!! (this song always makes me think of Buster at home working on his newest design!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zfBl3Hnopo
[/quote]

The song is not safe for work... There is some cussing in the song sorry!