(Close Window)
Topic: Lou Serrano Marketing Course - An Honest Review
I know that product reviews are usually supposed to go under the products pages, but I feel that this review is more suited to Tricky Business because there are very few people interested in reading about it under a page all about magic tricks. This course is ALL business. I bought this course a year ago, and finally took the time to use my business consultation call to Lou. Therefore, I think its time I can give a full and honest review.

I'm about to give an honest review of the course. Lou DID NOT ask me to write a positive review (or any) about his course. I am doing it so those who are interested in booking more gigs can understand the benefits of this course and whether they feel it is right for them. I bought the Platinum Edition, so for the roughly $300 price tag, I think it would be beneficial for others to know if this course is truly worth it. I haven't bought other courses (such as Jim Snack's), so I can't compare it. If you are unfamiliar with Lou's course, you can see it at http://www.sixfiguremagic.com

Also, I have learned A LOT of information from these forums. And the people who post are very knowledgeable and I appreciate that. But for as much as these free forums offer, I still felt the need to see a direct marketing system on paper that I could apply to my own business. You could (and should) research marketing materials that are not magic related. My personal situation is that I am moving to a new city soon and I felt it would be worth seeing these concepts applied to magic first hand. As a college student, I will not have been able to put this FULL course into action until the new year. But I have applied most of what Lou has taught me, and I am excited to put the rest into action. So here is my view of his course:

The Real Secrets of a Successful Close Up Magician
By Lou Serrano

My rating: 9/10

This course offers a wide variety of marketing tactics. They are HONEST marketing tactics (no dirty tricks here) and have the ability to give someone the tools they need to start their business from the ground up. Not only does Lou take you through all of the necessary things, like websites, business cards, etc. but he also gives his own materials for you to model after. He explains what he uses, why he uses it, and how effective they can be. He discusses the importance of having an actual PLAN, and not just to take marketing stabs in the dark. There were many concepts that I was not aware of before reading his course.

The course is perfect for those who want to be part time pros, or full time professionals. It gives you the understanding of what it takes to actually run magic as a business. In this age of magic, hobbyists are constantly bombarded with new tricks and DVD's. This course is not that. It is a formula to understand how to create a thriving business. I HIGHLY recommend this course for anyone who wants to have a physical business model in front of their face that they can adapt to use on their own. That being said, let me go over the pro's and con's of this course:

Pros:
- It gives the reader an understanding of what it takes to book and REBOOK shows (repeat business, as I learned, is crucial)
- It gives physical comparisons of real promotional materials.
- It applies marketing concepts directly to the magic world. Those who were unfamiliar with marketing before this course will find this helpful.
- Lou actually takes the time to give an hour long consultation on your business. I just used mine. We got to talking and it lasted longer than that. And he gave me his honest opinions of the real questions I had that didn't seem to get fully answered on the forums (because forums are a limited form of communication). It took me a year to use the phone call because I didn't feel ready with my materials until now. Which leads me to the cons

Cons:
- As much as Lou is encouraging to take his materials and adapt them to your own situation, he didn't give a full description of how to do that (in my eyes). Its easy to say, "Here, change this around to suit you." And its another thing to understand how to do that. To Lou's defense, and this in a way adds to his credibility, he IS a successful magician. He is not a beginner. He fully understands the way marketing should be done for him, and probably doesn't remember the same doubts that you and I go through. However, if you are having trouble with this Lou is available to help you with it. Granted, this sort of thing takes self exploration and time. But to me, I think there could have been something more to help me understand that adaptation process.

- For those more experienced pro's, this course may not teach you anything new. If you've been in business for a long time, you probably don't need it. That doesn't mean you can't learn anything, but I'm not sure if it would justify the cost. This course IS perfect for guys like me, who are either part time pros or wanting to start out in the full time.

- Lou's approach CAN come off as too "salesy". This is in part true, only because I think we may be prone to comparing him to all other marketers that exist. Also, the "salesy" aspect may also be due to the fact that his videos are clearly scripted, and therefore may not seem as genuine. The Lou I talked to on the phone was MUCH more casual and humanized than in his videos. His video messages are clear, but could probably be more relaxed and therefore tone down the "sales" feeling.

With all of this being said, what it comes down to, is the reason I felt confident in buying Lou's course in the first place is because of his 100% back guarantee. And I can say I would never return this course or throw it away. I bought Lou's marketing course BECAUSE of the marketing tactics he teaches, that alone should prove that what he teaches does work.

I think my review should be summarized into 3 main points:

1. Lou is not just trying to sell you a product. He WANTS you to be successful and isn't full of you know what.
2. Lou's system works because it makes sense. It is broken down clearly and will help you if you take the time to apply it.
3. This system will EASILY pay for itself. At $300, you could make that back, with profit, from landing 1 restaurant gig or close up show with the techniques he teaches.

I say with full confidence that you will get many useful things out of this course if you APPLY it. Its easy to spend the money, have the course, but do nothing. Buy this course and put it into action. I did, and I don't regret it.

So that's my review, I hope it helps someone who may be considering buying a course on marketing their magic.

Sincerely,

Dave
I too have Lou's course and only have positive things to say about it. Like any course out there, it will take ACTION on the part of the reader to get any results. But what of the things Lou does recommend in his course is to pick 1 or 2 of his suggestions a week to implement. This way your now overwhelmed at once by trying to do it all.
I think Dave said it all with one sentence. Lou is not just trying to sell you some stuff. He REALLY does want everyone who buys his things to succede. This is a HUGE difference in approach from some. Good for Lou.

He ALWAYS wants to help and to make sure people have the best shot possible.
Thanks for the write up Dave. I'm glad you received value from my offering and I look forward to hearing about your future successes once you make the big move.

I should note that I'm offering free shipping world-wide until the end of December. There's no need to enter a coupon code. Simply place your order for [url=http://www.sixfiguremagic.com]The REAL Secrets[/url] and I will take care of the shipping charges.

I'm wishing everyone a very successful holiday season!

Lou Serrano
I too will vouch for Lou. I don't own his course personally, but have had the opportunity to get to know him a bit over the past year. He truly is one of the nicest guys in magic. Very humble, very generous, and very skilled. It's rare to find somebody who hits the trifecta these days. We've talked briefly about marketing, and he definitely knows his stuff. There is a reason that Lou is able to charge rates that many magicians dream of. And as much as we would all like to think that our prices are a direct reflection of skill, Lou knows that there is MUCH more to the equation. From everything I've heard about his course, he does his best to distill his thought process so that you can benefit.

Worth $300 for the platinum edition? Book one show from one idea, and the course pays for itself. Something to think about . . .
Today I joined my fiance looking at a site she loves called pintrest.com (random people "pin up" their interests). I had her search "magician", and look who showed up:

http://pinterest.com/pin/405013843/
Wow, quite an old thread! I too have been working with Lou's course for a year or so, thought I'd post a few comments for anyone else who like me had been thinking long and hard about buying this course. You've beaten me to it as I'd agree with everything you say in your very thorough post. I've found it to be useful, practical and valuable and it continues to help me shape my business.

I thought the Phone Consultation that comes as part of the package was excellent. Not only does the prospect of this consultation help focus the mind, but Lou went the extra mile to make sure I got as much useful information as possible.

I've found that as you work through the material in this course you start to pick up a mind-set on how to view your business, talk to customers, relate to your competition etc. This has subtly affected my whole approach in a way that is, put simply, more positive and more professional.

I've got so much more to implement from the Real Secrets course - that truth is, it's almost embarrassing I haven't done it yet. But thanks to Lou's system I do at least know exactly what needs to be done, and I have a plan on how to go about it. If like me you are looking to turn your hobby into a professional business then I'd highly recommend it.
Tom,

Thanks for the great review. If you ever need future assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Lou
Wait a sec! You mean someone else charges money for information?! ;) How can this man live with himself?!?!?!?! (Hopefully those in the know will get my joke on this). Lou, love you stuff man!
I've just finished Lou's course and it is phenomenal! So many magicians stumble through the minefield, trying to put a business together, instead of following someone who's been there and is successful. Lou breaks down all of the components needed to run a successful magic business (or any business for that matter) from booking new clients to retaining them. Lou's phone consultation was extremely helpful and he is such an easy guy to talk to. Lou goes above and beyond what's required of him and it's so obvious that he genuinely wants to help his others succeed. I can't recommend his course enough. Thank you Lou.
That review was written over two years ago, and I've gotten a lot of experience since then that would lead me to want to add on to this review. I will try not to give too much away about the course as one must read it to get the full effect of what it is about.

First of all, reading a course and then implementing it are two different things. And, I would say it is unrealistic to hope that it would all fall into place perfectly and result into six figures of income right off the bat. In fact, even with the help of the course there are still going to be many mistakes to be made, as well as adaptations to your specific situation. I truly hope no one buys the course with the expectation of earning six figures (realistically, within five years) simply because they read this course and try to put it into practice.

The promo materials Lou provides are good to see. As my previous review mentions, the course was not specific in recommendations on how to adapt them to one's personal style and approach. Two years later I've found this is a HUGE aspect of being a professional entertainer. One will have to keep educating themselves on this area in order to continuously improve and to be effective. In my opinion this is a particularly hard thing to teach as everyone will gain new opportunity and insight when life takes you where it will. The course is not a replacement for this aspect that has to be learned.

Another thing, one must have realistic expectations regarding your local economy and your ability to grow within that marketplace. Lou lives in LA, one of the richest cities in the world. Most of us do not, and this will be a big thing to think about, particularly if you are unwilling to or unable to travel for work. The fees he recommends are definitely in line with what one could expect living in a large city like LA, particularly for private parties (I get the same fees for corporate, but my fees have grown beyond my local private party range). Again, it all depends on your situation and what you are able to do.

None of what I have said are necessarily criticism, just things to think about if you are planning on buying this course. $300 was a big investment for me at the time (as a college student).
I will say, that without a doubt it is much harder to thrive and compete in a large city than in smaller or medium size markets. Having done both, I would gladly take medium or smaller markets to larger cities and day. So expensive to operate, so expensive to market and advertise, many more and intense impressions need to be made at a greater cost...larger markets are terribly difficult to succeed in. Although I do not know statistics, I would venture to say failure rate of entertainment businesses is double or maybe even more than anywhere else. Of course there are variables, but generally speaking I truly believe this. Having businesses operations based out of Chicago L.A. and Las Vegas, I have consistently found this to be the truth. I have also found this true in my consulting business where I travel to all types of different locations to spend a few days to a week helping entertainers turn their business around, and here too I have found the same results. It can be done in larger cities, but is much easier in smaller or medium markets.

Actually many entertainers when they tour target medium and secondary size markets for this same reason.

This has no bearing on Lou's course, just as Dave said things to think about with all courses, programs and educational resources. Much also depends on your specific type of entertainment, branding, positioning and performance markets of choice, among other things.
Exactly. The size of the city wasn't to implicate that one simply makes more money because they are in a large city. Only that the markets fluctuate depending on where you are. And those fluctuations are important to consider during planning. In fact, it took me time to see those differences and to adapt accordingly.
Slydinirules,

Thank you for your post. I see you've been a Café member since 2004. Since your post is your very first, I consider it an honor.

Dave and Mindpro,

I agree with everything you both say. My course was written 4 1/2 years ago. In those years I've had to adapt to the changing economy, and the changing buying habits of my customers. I've also learned a great deal since then, and I learn something new everyday, so I keep updating and expanding the information found in The REAl Secrets course.

Dave, as I mentioned when we spoke during your free consultation, if you ever have any questions or concerns, or if you need clarifications or help with things going on in your business, I'm here to help. Please send me an email or give me a call. There are strategies that I currently implement that aren't included in the original version of the course, and I'm happy to share them with you and anyone else who has invested in the course and has already taken advantage of the free consultation.

When I finally update the website sometime this year, I will be offering as a free bonus, unlimited email consultation for a full year in addition to the free consultation. The consultation and the unlimited email follow up can be priceless.

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano
Hi lou;

Interesting thread. I note that the course is maybe 5 years old now? Just wondering how the material holds up, or if you've added any further updates to take into account new technology such as social media, crm software, business automation etc.

Keen to hear, thanks :)
Aukt,

Not only is the material just as valid today as when I first released it, I believe it's even more effective. I'm continuously updating the material, so the current version of the system does take advantage of modern day technology and systems.

I've also added material that wasn't included in the original offering. I'll give you a couple of examples.

1. In my original offering I stated I knew nothing about SEO, so I relied on Google Adwords to drive traffic to my site. Since that time I now rank organically on the first page of Google for several of my targeted keywords. Although I still rely on others to do the onsite SEO, I have a few offsite SEO strategies that I implement and are included in the current version of the course. One of these strategies I have never seen in print, and it's a strategy that I first heard about from a member of one of my mastermind groups.

2. In my original course, I talked about the use of Google Adwords. A thorough discussion on the effective use of Google ads could be a course unto itself, and there are many offerings that deal specifically with Google Adwords. I now share some specific tips that have served me well throughout the years.

These topics and more can be discussed when my customers take advantage of the free one hour phone consultation and one year email consultations.

I hope this answers your question.

Wishing you much success!

Lou
Hi Lou,

I am rereading the course right now as I am finally moving to Tenerife and will be starting again from scratch... I still have not used the phone call... Is the rain check still valid :)...?

One more request: when you update the website can you change out my photo in the review area for this one...?
https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A2GI9HKKGSRxyA;F0BB4681-84BD-46A4-BF57-EA18F46CDC4E

Thanks
[quote]On Mar 3, 2014, eatonmagic wrote:
Wait a sec! You mean someone else charges money for information?! ;) How can this man live with himself?!?!?!?! (Hopefully those in the know will get my joke on this). Lou, love you stuff man! [/quote]

How dare him!!!
Hi Tim,

I have made a note of it. will take care of it when I finally update the site.

Wishing you the very best!

Lou
I received Lou's course less than a week ago. As of last night I have read up to page 101 and found one MAJOR problem.

I have hundreds of these beautiful well designed business cards and now I have to change them.

I hate you Lou.

At least my unfinished website won't take much to modify...

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Oh, forgot. So far...awesome. I've learned much. Looking forward to finishing it up, re-reading and beginning to take action.

Killer job Lou!

Don't let my compliment go to your head because I still hate you... :)
It's a little bit of a steep price tag at the moment for me but I think it might be something that I should consider getting since I am just now starting to try and break out as a professional entertainer
At first I thought it was a little steep as well.
That said, one show and my ROI is twice what I paid.
Of course I live in an area where performance fees run on the high side but I would imagine that if one were to raise performance fees, regardless of the geographical area, the ROI would be worth it.
Anytime you can get your full return in one booking, price should not be a factor. That's ROI. That's a no-brainer.
I have read through the entire course and watched all the DVDs. My next step is to go back through again and look at all my notes in the margins and the highlighting I did. Once this is done I will call Lou for my one hour consultation--that should be really helpful. Regarding price, I think the cost is very low considering the information given. Personally my fee for just one child's birthday party show exceeds the cost of this course, plus the investment can also be used as a tax advantage.

For anyone who is hesitant to get this because it refers to marketing for "close-up magicians", do not let that stop you. The marketing teaching can be applied to stage, or stand-up magic too--or even for performers who are not magicians. There is some really great teaching in Lou's course, but it will be of no use unless you put action to the teaching. I thought I knew a lot about marketing, but Lou shares some points, where I just said "wow".

--Charlie
Dorian and Charlie,

Thank you for the positive reviews. They are greatly appreciated!

Let me know when you're ready for for your telephone consultations.

Wishing you much success!

Lou
I just hung up the phone with Lou and I am excited ! Part of Lou's course is a one hour telephone consultation and I have to say that the time spent during this phone call had even more value than the course itself. What I mean by that is that prior to the call I sent Lou all my current marketing materials to review. I sent this a week in advance of the call. Lou looked everything over, watched all my Youtube videos, and looked at my website all prior to the call. When we got together on the phone all the conversation was "tailor made" to my specific situation. I took many pages of hand written notes and now I have a specific plan of action to increase my business volume. I can't wait to get started.

Lou did not just put his course together with what he thinks will work. His course is based on what he did and does to create productivity and income. You can tell when you talk to Lou that he really knows what he is talking about. What he teaches is not theory, but personal experience. If you were looking for a mentor or a business advisor to do this, you would pay many times what Lou is charging for his course. If you are "on the fence" about purchasing his course....get off the fence now and order it. Get the upgraded version. It is not an expense, it is an investment, and one you will not regret.

Lou's help does not end with the course and the phone consultation. He also makes himself available after your purchase for advice and direction.

How many stars will I give it? How many stars CAN I give it. If my limit is 5 stars, I will give it 10 stars!!!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

If anyone has any hesitation regarding purchasing Lou's course, PM me with your concerns and I will at least give you my opinion from my experience.

Have a magical day...........Charlie
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures?
I would be interested to hear about this as well, as I've always believed that it requires much more than just marketing, especially seeking a six figure result.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, francis farrell wrote:
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures? [/quote]

Francis, here is the answer to your question of "is it possible to build your business to six figures with Lou's course? who has done it?"
Your answer is:

[b]How much are you willing to invest?[/b]

Many people wish for a magic pill, all they do is take the pill and get the results they wish for. If this is your belief - that all you have to do is buy Lou's course and you will suddenly begin making 6 figures, it might not be the right course for you. It is not the magic pill. However there is no magic pill.

You must be honest about what is required of you. More is required than simply buying the course. You must apply yourself. You must take action. It will require you to set goals and follow through on them. This will require time and effort and will only work if you are dedicated to the process. This is the investment you must make.

Are you willing to invest in yourself in this way?

Now, I will also share with you I own Lou's course. I have applied what he teaches and have enjoyed experiencing significant growth in my magic business. What I have experienced is the more I apply what he teaches, the more my business grows.
Lou's course is focused on getting results. Results being your income. He knows how to do it and if you do what he teaches you will experience the same.

So it's up to you. You can let another year pass. Or you could start taking action and begin to see a change in your business. Lou's course is an excellent guide in helping you learn what actions to take.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures? [/quote]

Francis, here is the answer to your question of "is it possible to build your business to six figures with Lou's course? who has done it?"
Your answer is:

How much are you willing to invest?

No, that wasn't the question. He was looking for someone that took the course and wanted to know if the specific desired results were achidved. Big difference.

As for the rest of what you posted, that can be said for any course, program or method.
Mindpro, to give any other answer then the one I have already supplied, I require additional info from Francis.

His question:
Hi. Well, a year has passed. I'm interested in investing in a marketing course for magicians. Bit which one?! Did anybody implement Lou's ideas and build their business to six figures?[/quote]

Read between the lines of his question. Consider the context. Also consider he has only made 35 posts, you are often quick to bring up someone's post count so I learned that from you.

His question came across to me as a challenging, antagonistic question, the way it is phrased. It made me wonder, could this be the work of a troll?

Francis, here is my request for you:
1) Please rephrase your question
2) Furthermore, please think about some specific areas you want to grow your business, and ask questions about those

Francis, if you do this I will be glad to share more with you about Lou's course and how it relates to your specific requests. This will be a more productive exchange. Otherwise I stand by my first answer.
To me, the inquiry seemed genuine. While post count is low, membership has been for longer than just about any of us. Previous posts show no sign of a troll. Asking if anyone experienced the desired outcome is very fair. Of course, not everyone purchasing a given course achieves (or even expects to archive) the stated goal. For example, I purchased James Mutton's course Zero to Booked Solid. Being booked solid was not my expected return, so while I benefitted from the course, I would not be qualified to say if one applied themselves as directed what the outcome would be. The very best insights one who is considering purchasing a course could receive, is from one who did, applied the learnings and achieved the results. Why asking is interpreted as a troll seems a bit off.
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, charliecheckers wrote:
To me, the inquiry seemed genuine. While post count is low, membership has been for longer than just about any of us. Previous posts show no sign of a troll. Asking if anyone experienced the desired outcome is very fair. Of course, not everyone purchasing a given course achieves (or even expects to archive) the stated goal. For example, I purchased James Mutton's course Zero to Booked Solid. Being booked solid was not my expected return, so while I benefitted from the course, I would not be qualified to say if one applied themselves as directed what the outcome would be. The very best insights one who is considering purchasing a course could receive, is from one who did, applied the learnings and achieved the results. Why asking is interpreted as a troll seems a bit off. [/quote]
Thank you Charlie, that is a good way of saying it.
Last year, Mindpro had this to say about the price of Lou’s course:

[quote]On May 11, 2014, Mindpro wrote:
Anytime you can get your full return in one booking, price should not be a factor. That's ROI. That's a no-brainer. [/quote]

I agree, you should judge it by what you CAN get from it.

I personally would recommend any of Lou’s products. He is the real deal.

Tom
I didn't think of Francis' question as being non-genuine. He did sign up to my marketing list, so hopefully he'll find value in the FREE tips on marketing and business development I send out from time to time.

I know of several people who have implemented the ideas I share in my system who currently make a six-figure income, although I have no idea if they're members of the Magic Café. If they are members here, hopefully they'll chime in.

I should let people know that I recently updated, revised, and expanded the system. In the next few weeks I'll be completely changing the website.

Once the website changes, I'll no longer be offering a physical product. It will be a digital product only.

I'll also be [b]eliminating[/b] certain bonuses including the FREE one-hour telephone consultation. The phone consultation is one of the most valuable components of the current offer. During that consultation we're able to create a plan that is specific to your particular situation and goals. We're able to go over your current marketing materials and devise a plan to maximize their effectiveness. You're also able to ask any questions you like about the business, and I hold nothing back. During that consultation I am an open book.

Once I change the website, the only consultations I'll be offering will come in the form of a coaching program which will require an investment of several thousand dollars per year, so there is a benefit to investing in the current offer.

I'm also so confident that you will receive tremendous value in my program that I offer a [b]100% Better-Than-Your Money-Back Guarantee![/b] The details are all there on the [url=http://www.SixFigureMagic.com]SixFigureMagic.com[/url] website.

Wishing you all much success!

Lou Serrano
Lou, are planning to put together a stand-up course in the future?
Dynamike, I have no plans releasing another marketing and business development product for magicians. There just isn't enough money in it to justify the time and effort it takes to release such a product. Unfortunately most magicians are interested in more tricks, not on how to run a successful business. So my time and energy is best applied to projects that give a better ROI.

With that being said, all the techniques, principles, and strategies I teach in [url=http://www.sixfiguremagic.com]The REAL Secrets[/url] course are the exact same strategies I use to book stand-up and stage shows. As you know, when it comes to marketing, you have to pick a lane. You can't be all things to all people, so when I released this product, I chose a lane. That lane is close-up magicians. I figured it was the group of people I could offer the most benefit. With that being said, these days I book just as many stand-up and stage shows as I do close-up shows.

All the best!

Lou Serrano
[quote]On Jun 11, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:

Read between the lines of his question. Consider the context. Also consider he has only made 35 posts, you are often quick to bring up someone's post count so I learned that from you.

His question came across to me as a challenging, antagonistic question, the way it is phrased. It made me wonder, could this be the work of a troll?
[/quote]

I find this quite odd. I'm not sure when I have ever referred to someone's low post count as a concern unless they were coming in here demanding "the goods", want to take without giving or regularly participating, or if they are here to blatantly sell, promote or push something without participation. As chaliecheckers points out he's been a longtime member. Longer than most currently here.

I too did not read it as challenging in the least or find a need to "read between the lines." Lou's promotion and domain lead one to believe this can be obtained with his materials, and he was simply inquiring to those that have purchased this course and to see if they in fact achieved this or what Lou implies is possible. I don't see it as challenging or antagonistic in any way and I don't think Lou does either.

If anything it seems to me over the last week or two here, you Tim perhaps seem more challenging in your participation here as others may have noticed as well.

Tom is right (did I just say that? Yes I did because he was agreeing with a great point I just happened to make) in that anytime you can get a ROI on one or two bookings it is a no-brainer. Charliecheckers is also right in that some have different expectations than others. I recently bought a $3,000 course not for the material but for one of the bonuses offered (a directory of professional industry contacts) that would yield at least ten times the cost of the program, so it too was a no-brainer.

The concern about Lou's course or anyone else's for that matter is you are buying their experience and knowledge and how it has worked for them. It is this area that can be most different for each of us. It is also a matter of application and execution or "taking action" as many courses explain. It is this that most I feel are truly trying to discover to see if it suits them as something they can implement and if in fact they are seeking the same results.
I purchased Lou's Course a few weeks ago. Sadly with my schedule recently it has been still sitting on my shelf and I haven't had but a short moment to look through it. I look forward to when I have more free time to take a serious look at the course. With my schedule for the next few months I honest doubt I will have any time to invest into it... but hopefully this fall I can implement some of the ideas.. and also use the consultation that came along with the package.

Luckly this has been one of the greatest years ever for me! I was able to reach the amount I grossed last year within two months of shows... I wonder how much futher I could take my business if I did some real marketing and implemented some of the ideas Lou's and others teach and talk about. in
Hi, everybody.

No, I'm not a troll (though when I look in the mirror some mornings...)

I think a lot of people buy books/courses etc and never actually do what is recommended. In that case, it's hardly the fault of the book/course if they don't have any success. That's why I asked for someone who had actually implemented Lou's advice.

My post was short, so I can see how it might have seemed a bit abrupt in tone. That wasn't my intention.

I find with a lot of reviews for magic tricks/books etc the initial posts are very fulsome. But look down to page 4 -5 and the limitations often starting to show (eg angles, inferior workmanship of a wallet).

If the pages go to beyond 8, people are usually arguing with each other and the actual subject of the post has been long forgotten LOL

So, this is a genuine question. I am a semi professional. I find my clients are pleased with my work and happy to give me testimonials. I have had seem repeat bookings, too. I would like to learn how to get more bookings and am looking for resources designed specifically for magicians. I came across Lou's work (and thanks for getting back to me via email, Lou. I got the report). I just thought that the course has been around for a year and many people spoke well about it in the Café (those early pages). If they have followed through with his advice for a year, then they could vouch for its effects.

Tim is clearly happy with the course, so that bodes well.

Thanks to everybody who has taken time to become involved in the thread.

Frank
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, sjbrundage wrote:
With my schedule for the next few months I honest doubt I will have any time to invest into it... but hopefully this fall I can implement some of the ideas.. and also use the consultation that came along with the package.

[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean especially this time of year. I am in the same boat. I will not have much time to read and focus on the material. Of course I can purchase it now and wait for my bookings to slow down in September.

Marketing courses are a true investment for me because my years of experience. It really does not matter because there can always be just one new idea listed I have not found out about yet. That one idea can lead me to an additional $5,000 a year.
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, francis farrell wrote:
So, this is a genuine question. I am a semi professional. I find my clients are pleased with my work and happy to give me testimonials. I have had seem repeat bookings, too. I would like to learn how to get more bookings and am looking for resources designed specifically for magicians. I came across Lou's work (and thanks for getting back to me via email, Lou. I got the report). I just thought that the course has been around for a year and many people spoke well about it in the Café (those early pages). If they have followed through with his advice for a year, then they could vouch for its effects.
[/quote]
I stand corrected. My apologies for being presumptuous and challenging.

Frank, while I don't know the specifics of how you booked your current business, my guess is Lou will have many additional ideas for you to help you learn how to get more bookings. I am going on my third year now using his course, and each year my business has increased significantly. This year is already looking like it will be the most significant increase in my business, after this month I believe I will have matched or exceeded my magic income for 2014 and am on track to having a consistent income from magic that will give me the option to quit my day job if I so choose...
Message: Posted by: The Mysterious One (Jun 12, 2015 11:32PM)
[quote]On Jun 12, 2015, Tim Friday wrote:

I am going on my third year now using his course, and each year my business has increased significantly. This year is already looking like it will be the most significant increase in my business, after this month I believe I will have matched or exceeded my magic income for 2014 and am on track to having a consistent income from magic that will give me the option to quit my day job if I so choose... [/quote]

Tim, I met you in one of my favorite unique cities: Eureka Springs, AR for the Jeff McBride lecture back in 2013. You mentioned Lou's course when we talked and gave out your business card based upon Lou's course. It looked and read great. Glad to hear about your success and I will be investing in this course so I can increase my bookings. Take care and happy bookings!

I came across Lou's work (and thanks for getting back to me via email, Lou. I got the report). I just thought that the course has been around for a year and many people spoke well about it in the Café (those early pages). If they have followed through with his advice for a year, then they could vouch for its effects.

Frank [/quote]

Hi Frank,

I just wanted to clarify that [url=http://www.sixfiguremagic.com]The REAL Secrets[/url] was first released SIX years ago, and although the website hasn't been updated in all that time, the course has been updated almost every year since its initial release. This year, it got a major overhaul, and includes even more valuable information on creating a successful magic business. I'll finally be updating the website this year (hopefully in the next two weeks) and will include current video reviews from people who have invested in and have found success with the implementation of my system.

All the best,

Lou
It's now been about four years since I bought Lou's course and made the post. So its probably worth saying that a lot of time has passed since then and since I first implemented the techniques. I would say this course provided a lot of initial insight into creating a successful business as an entertainer. The business concepts are sound, easy to follow and understand.

That being said, we live in a complicated world and everyone is different. You can take the concepts Lou teaches and build upon them for your personal situation. My business is 100% different than where I thought it would be when I first bought this course. Much of that is having to adjust and deal with the local economy that I chose to live in and needing to build upon that to a national scale. It's also having to do with refining who I am and where I want to be in 2 years. Many of my current business goals have nothing to do with magic in fact. Lastly, I would say a lot of things have changed in technology, and that opens up a whole other discussion because things continue to change.

But, magic is the core of my business, and the way I provide value to others is truly what matters. I've invested in many courses since Lou's, taking pieces of what I learn and applying them to my situation. Some of those courses have nothing to do with magic, and everything to do with building who I want to be.

I'm currently doing mostly high end gigs (corporate and social), both locally and out of state. I'm also going into, what I view, as untapped markets using my background in PR as a means to serve my current clients.. This was all using techniques I learned other places. But as I gear up to move again within the next two years, I look back to the core concepts within Lou's course that have served me well on this fast paced journey.

My point is, get the course, and absorb everything you can. If you find yourself plateauing, look back on it and refresh yourself. And, never stop learning from new people and new places. If you're not adjusting and growing, then something is wrong. And no course in the world can fix that, you have to do it. :pepper:
Well, I've been mulling it over for nearly 18 months and I've now taken the plunge. I've ordered the course and it is downloading as I type. It is my intention to work hard and apply the techniques Lou suggests. I will keep a record of what I do and post updates each month. That should be one way of holding myself accountable. If I don't apply what I learn...well, I've nobody to blame but myself.

Cheers,

Frank
My guess is that if you work hard and adult yourself this course will help.
[quote]On Nov 28, 2016, francis farrell wrote:
Well, I've been mulling it over for nearly 18 months and I've now taken the plunge. I've ordered the course and it is downloading as I type. It is my intention to work hard and apply the techniques Lou suggests. I will keep a record of what I do and post updates each month. That should be one way of holding myself accountable. If I don't apply what I learn...well, I've nobody to blame but myself.

Cheers,

Frank [/quote]

The greatest decision I ever made was to invest in myself. This course taught me a lot, and I continue to learn everyday from many sources. Knowledge is power! :righton:
Good for you Dave
Lou's course is one of the very best, if not the best. I have taken several excellent marketing for magician courses and they all have some great stuff. Lou's covers it all. A few things most of use do. But most don't do them all and Lou shows you how to do them succesfully.

I highly recommend the course. No wait, I don't want others to know these diamond quality methods. Right, you should spend your money on more tricks that will sit in your magic drawer gathering dust and let the rest of us that have taken his course get all the gigs.
Although I'm just getting started into getting more "professional", Lou's course has been great and Lou has been great with helping out also. very nice guy! I Highly recommend this course!

Mike
Al and Mike,

Thank you for the positive reviews. They're much appreciated.

Lou Serrano
How do your expect to survive in business by exceeding expectations of customers?

Puhlease.

But being serious for whatever reason (I don't own the course so I don't know the reason.) Lou's course seems to spur action in those who buy it. That is a good thing.
Itould be interesting if Francis Farrell (Frank) came back and offered an update. It has been 3 months since he received the program and he intended to post monthly updates - which I thought was a great idea.
Hi. Yes, Cafécheckers, I was going to do that. Then I realized that if I listed everything I was doing I would, effectively, be giving the course away for free. Not sure Lou would be very pleased about that! I can say that I have been applying Lou's advice assiduously. I have just booked in for my free consultation with him and look forward to his analysis of my efforts so far. I am very pleased with the course. It's not a get rich quick scheme. It is very practical. It's too early to say how effective it will be just yet but I am quite quietly confident that it is going to repay itself. I will keep you all posted when I can say more. Lou is on a good podcast here. You get a flavour of his approach of you listen. http://discourseinmagic.com/getting-endless-bookings-lou-serrano
If he has you taking action the course great . That is the bottom line. Good on Lou.

And you are right not to give away secrets. Those are his to sell.
Hi Frank,

I'm looking forward to our telephone consultation in April. I'm confident that I'll be able to help you in your journey to create the success you desire!

Lou Serrano
I have just finished my telephone consultation with Lou. I am fired up with a stack of practical ideas that I can't wait to start on. Lou is friendly, approachable, knowledgeable, and above all GENUINE in his desire to help you. I can't speak highly enough of him. I'm really glad I invested in the course and just wish I'd done so sooner.
Francis,

Glad to hear you have found value from Lou.

I am curious as to how the call operated. What sort of framework was it?
Did you come with questions or did Lou assess your financials, website, other first and then the call followed up on his findings?

Finally, you mentioned, he left you with usuable ideas, where these a laundry list style or targeted for one specific goal? Additionally, where the ideas delivered in an actionable format? As in with a framework or process to execute.

I ask because there was quite a Bit of confusion on the coaching thread, so, at least for myself, this would help clarify what others view as consulting and coaching.

Thanks,
Walter
Hi, Walter.

Before the call Lou looked at my website and promotional materials. He gave me specific feedback on what to do with the content of my website in order to improve my chances of getting a phone call and some technical coding stuff for my web designer to do to raise my search position. I had fed him some questions about Google ads and he answered those in detail, and again with practical advice for what to do next. I started immediately after the call.

During the call other questions popped into my mind and Lou was able to answer them. He was very generous with his time and frank in his answers. He was prepared to say how much he spent on his advertising, for example.

This is a one-off call, so I think consultation is a more accurate term than coaching. However, Lou did say it would be OK to contact him in the future if I thought he could help. Of course, this is voluntary and not part of the package I bought so I wouldn't (and shouldn't) abuse that offer.

If you follow the thread through you will see that I was quite circumspect about buying into the course! I am a bit wary of things on the internet offering 'secrets'. They often seem to be get rich quick schemes. This isn't a get rich scheme and requires a lot of effort to apply the strategies correctly. I don't regret buying it all all.

I hope this helps.

Frank
Interesting,

Sounds as if it were mostly an SEO optimization. Which is intriguing to me as lately I've been running into many "consultants" and that's all they are offering. I'm not knocking the program or offering of Lou, just commenting that many small business consultants are offering SEO as their main or sole offering.
I couldn't agree more. So much of what these guys offer is very limiting, and you are correct, often just about a single topic. Worse yet is these very same guys were on here just learning about it themselves a year or two before, yet now they are experts on the topic. So much of what these guys are offering is very limiting - "how to be a restaurant magician", "how to be a kids party magician," or just plain "how to be a magician."

I recently had a consultation with a guy that said "I really only want to just do my show and not have to deal with all this other stuff." Really, who wouldn't? He went on to them complain he only had 5 bookings all of last year. I explained his mentality and approach is limiting and therefore he should only ever expect limited (if any) results.

I asked the same guy "what are you a magician or a performer?" He said he had no idea, believing they were the same. "Are you a performer or an entertainer?" He explained he thought it was all the same. He just wanted more bookings so "I guess I need to do some marketing."

Now I offer this example not criticize this person, as by the end of the call he had learned more and had a better understanding of his reality than his last 6 years of putzing along without guidance or direction. He had clarity, a real understanding. It was something that others could learn from so he agreed I could share this.

There are guys that are course or training junkies that learn little or nothing or worse yet have information overload, and a paralysis after all of this not knowing where to start or what to do. The other thing I hear is guys that say they get conflicting information from several differing sources. Well of course they do if the are only learning one element at a time from each person (coach).

That is because most of these guys only teach a single element which is very limiting and biased and based only on their own limited experience. So what to learn everything you'd have to take 30 individual courses or programs? This is ridiculous.

I think one of the worst things is that many of these guys (or gals) really don't know what they want or need. They think they need one thing, where in reality just after 10 minutes talking to them its clear that they need something much more of different than they realize. They needed assistance to even realize and discover this. However, once the clarity and true reality is presented, they now have a proper path from which to proceed.

There is too much noise in the marketplace, of which the majority is only setting themselves up for failure. This isn't coaching, training or helping. If anything it creates even greater confusion and frustration.
Hi, WDavis. The SEO stuff was only a part of the conversation. We covered the content of my website and a wide range of topics eg the best format for a video testimonial, the photos I was using, how to generate more publicity material, pricing your act. Lou spent well over the hour that came with the course. I now have a range of practical things to do and have already started on them. And this is a very important point. Lou isn't offering any quick fixes. Just ideas that will take time and effort but which I think will pay dividends. I will post again about my progress but I don't expect that things are going to change overnight.
Those that believe the world operates around the latest website gadgets; I call ‘em computer nerds. :)

But I would not put Lou in that category. I’m sure the website stuff is a small part of what he teaches.

Tom
Just for the record I was not referring to Lou or anyone specific, but rather agreeing with the general belief of what WDavis was stating.
I love the way Tom is always so sure of things he didn't experience.
Francis farrell -

Congratulations on taking the steps to improve your business, this is fantastic and it sounds like you are making many productive changes. These will have a major impact on your business.

I especially wanted to write a note to encourage you to keep up the good work because there are so many on the Café who want to rain on your parade. This is a shame because others could be encouraged by your enthusiasm but instead they choose to nitpick and bring things down by saying short-sighted things like "Lou is just an SEO consultant" etc.

I hope you continue to chip away at your goals and continue to improve your business, thanks for sharing!
[quote]On Apr 10, 2017, Tim Friday wrote:
This is a shame because others could be encouraged by your enthusiasm but instead they choose to nitpick and bring things down by saying short-sighted things like "Lou is just an SEO consultant" etc. [/quote]

I never saw anyone say that about Lou anywhere here at all. Did I miss something?
[quote]On Apr 10, 2017, Tim Friday wrote:
Francis farrell -

Congratulations on taking the steps to improve your business, this is fantastic and it sounds like you are making many productive changes. These will have a major impact on your business.

I especially wanted to write a note to encourage you to keep up the good work because there are so many on the Café who want to rain on your parade. This is a shame because others could be encouraged by your enthusiasm but instead they choose to nitpick and bring things down by saying short-sighted things like "Lou is just an SEO consultant" etc.

I hope you continue to chip away at your goals and continue to improve your business, thanks for sharing! [/quote]

Tim,

If you are going to accuse someone quote them directly. To clarify my post which you are misrepresenting,

1. I said on 4/7/17, It sounded as if he found value
2. On the same quote I asked for how the call was structured and activities performed.
3. Francis spoke mostly of digital marketing techniques highlighting SEO
4. I replied stating a structural shift in the industry of consultancy that many newly minted consultants seemingly only offer SEO or related digital marketing techniques.
5. Francis replied elaborating Lou's services on the call.

He is excited I never rained on his parade nor derailed. Because focus was on Lou's offering. I was fleshing out the meat and bones of the call from just the excitement. This will add value to others interested in Lou's program as it helps explain it. Additionally, I never attacked Lou or his offering. I stated an industry shift, Francis took that and further elaborated on the program. How I talked down of Lou's program or discouraged Francis is unclear. Please show me.

[quote]On Apr 7, 2017, WDavis wrote:
Francis,

Glad to hear you have found value from Lou.

I am curious as to how the call operated. What sort of framework was it?
Did you come with questions or did Lou assess your financials, website, other first and then the call followed up on his findings?

Finally, you mentioned, he left you with usuable ideas, where these a laundry list style or targeted for one specific goal? Additionally, where the ideas delivered in an actionable format? As in with a framework or process to execute.

I ask because there was quite a Bit of confusion on the coaching thread, so, at least for myself, this would help clarify what others view as consulting and coaching.

Thanks,
Walter [/quote]

[quote]On Apr 8, 2017, francis farrell wrote:
Hi, Walter.

Before the call Lou looked at my website and promotional materials. He gave me specific feedback on what to do with the content of my website in order to improve my chances of getting a phone call and some technical coding stuff for my web designer to do to raise my search position. I had fed him some questions about Google ads and he answered those in detail, and again with practical advice for what to do next. I started immediately after the call.

During the call other questions popped into my mind and Lou was able to answer them. He was very generous with his time and frank in his answers. He was prepared to say how much he spent on his advertising, for example.

This is a one-off call, so I think consultation is a more accurate term than coaching. However, Lou did say it would be OK to contact him in the future if I thought he could help. Of course, this is voluntary and not part of the package I bought so I wouldn't (and shouldn't) abuse that offer.

If you follow the thread through you will see that I was quite circumspect about buying into the course! I am a bit wary of things on the internet offering 'secrets'. They often seem to be get rich quick schemes. This isn't a get rich scheme and requires a lot of effort to apply the strategies correctly. I don't regret buying it all all.

I hope this helps.

Frank [/quote]

[quote]On Apr 8, 2017, WDavis wrote:
Interesting,

Sounds as if it were mostly an SEO optimization. Which is intriguing to me as lately I've been running into many "consultants" and that's all they are offering. I'm not knocking the program or offering of Lou, just commenting that many small business consultants are offering SEO as their main or sole offering. [/quote]

[quote]On Apr 9, 2017, francis farrell wrote:
Hi, WDavis. The SEO stuff was only a part of the conversation. We covered the content of my website and a wide range of topics eg the best format for a video testimonial, the photos I was using, how to generate more publicity material, pricing your act. Lou spent well over the hour that came with the course. I now have a range of practical things to do and have already started on them. And this is a very important point. Lou isn't offering any quick fixes. Just ideas that will take time and effort but which I think will pay dividends. I will post again about my progress but I don't expect that things are going to change overnight. [/quote]
I agree with Mindpro and WDavis. Francis discussed a specific component of the coaching session where he was able to take immediate action and it happened to be related to SEO. I believe Francis was trying to be helpful, but not wanting to get into too much of what Lou offered out of respect to Lou, but it left the reader to wonder if it was primarily website specific advice. Francis did say that he had expressed website advice ahead of time, so it is not surprising that he was excited about that component of the conversation. WDavis comments allowed Francis to elaborate on the broader advice that he found helpful as well, which allowed the reader to get a better sense of the potential value of the coaching session. That is good for everyone.
I just get tired of the judging of other people's posts that is done by the pop in crowd.

Post what you like, just let others do the same.

This is not really helpful. "I especially wanted to write a note to encourage you to keep up the good work because there are so many on the Café who want to rain on your parade. This is a shame because others could be encouraged by your enthusiasm but instead they choose to nitpick and bring things down by saying short-sighted things like "Lou is just an SEO consultant" etc."

If some could just keep their own agenda at bay and stop offering things they make up out of whole cloth and then get angry about it this would be much more productive.
Yes, it is a slap in the face to those here that do offer helpful advice and encourage others on a continual and regular basis. The pop-in crowd seems to only see things as they prefer to see not as actually offered or intended. Happening once or twice could be circumstantial, but when consistently it is deliberate. As I write this I've been writing a related thread so this thread doesn't get derailed.
I went back and re-read these posts, and I admit I made a hasty generalization, I stand corrected. I apologize for wrongly twisting things around. I will try to be more thorough in reading before posting in the future.

WDavis, I was impressed by your post in the other thread on coaching, I was wondering, do you have professional experience with coaching in the corporate world?
Tim,

Thank you for the apology.

Yes, I do. I've worked as an investment banker and management consultant to some of the largest for profit and nonprofits in the world covering both transformational and transactional engagements.
Over the past few months, I bought three magic marketing courses. While I would prefer not to mention two of these offerings because I was really disappointed with my purchases, I would like to acknowledge one course in particular, Lou Serrano’s The Real Secrets.

For starters, Lou was a pleasure to deal with. Initially I had some reservations about buying his product, mainly because I’m not a close-up worker, and I focus exclusively on entertaining children and family audiences. In our email exchange, however, Lou was quite friendly and assured me his marketing methods would still be applicable to my line of work.

Lou's course, a collection of videos, pdf and mp3 files, covered a wide range of marketing topics and were quite comprehensive. I especially enjoyed his wisdom on lead-generation strategies.

Best of all, I found fantastic value in my one-hour free consultation with him. At the end of our 60-minute chat, Lou was actually able to solve a marketing issue I’ve been struggling with the last few years. For me, at least, his advice was revolutionary, and he has given me a great guide map to follow on the road to success.

Lou, I'm sincere when I say I’ll never be able to thank you enough for showing me the light.

Mark Walker
Lou gets another customer happy. Says he is great to deal with and his course is the best of several purchased. Happy customers with good information. Seems a trifecta with only 2 parts! Good on Lou.

Congratulations Mark and thank you for letting us know.
Thanks for the great review, Mark! I really appreciate it!

Lou Serrano
Thank you.

Mark
Hi All,

Just offering up some more praise for Lou's wonderful course....

The material invaluable, and Lou is very generous with personal examples on how to navigate a myriad of issues facing the modern magician.

I also recently redeemed my one hour consultation with Lou. He is extremely generous and is genuinely interested in helping you succeed.

If you do the work, you will see results. Highly recommend!

- Joe
OK, I have an update.Since following Lou's advice I have seen an increase in my bookings. However, until today I couldn't say for certainty they were due to the course (though I suspect they were). I have had a booking now where the client specifically referred to something Lou had advised that led him to book me. The booking fee is more than the course, so now I have at the very least more than covered my costs. In fact, I am very pleased with the advice given and feel I shall be continuing to grow my business. I can't say exactly what the advice was beyond it being somehtign that came up in the phone call.
Don't know if I left any feedback yet on this course, but I came back to the Café today after a LONG absence to post in Tricky Business and saw this thread.

Lou's course is fantastic!!! It's made for the "gigging" performer in mind, with Lou spelling out exactly what he does to get so many high paying gigs and repeat clients.

I'm a big believer in mining for knowledge, even if the lesson wasn't made exactly for your goals. When I bought the course my goal was to STOP doing gigs. But I wanted Lou's blueprint for success in the gigging market because I felt there could be a few pieces of gold that could apply to my goals...and there was TONS of valuable advice and inspiration that definitely was a part of helping me achieve my goal (get a space in a nice resort and build my own theater to perform in).

So I would say that if you want higher paying gigs and more of them, get the course. But if you have other goal in mind...get the course!
Wow! Lots of activity on this post from 6 years ago.

My update from a couple of years ago I still stand by; this is a great course, and the time when I bought it I was still in college and learning. When I got into the field, much of what I wanted to do was altered based on where I moved, but the core never changed.

Looking back, had I known I would have moved to a smaller city than one of the big three, there were some other perspectives that would have been helpful to my personal situation. But, that's the kind of thing you don't know until you get there. And, much of what I do now isn't necessarily location based, but based upon my market. All evolving things that one figures out as they go.

The fundamentals of Lou's course still work and the root of what I do. I think everyone needs a solid showbiz course, along side other business materials. And, its important to always be improving yourself. I still am reading a book everyday of my life. Lou's course stays close by and kept as a reference, and it was money well worth investing in.

Since journeying out into the world I've come to specialize in corporate, have done TV commercials, performed for 2500 seat theaters, fooled celebrities, and much more. Its been a fulfilling career, one where I feel like I have a lifetime packed into just a few short years. One of the best ways to gain success, is to build upon the success of others. Thanks to Lou I had a great foundation to make that a reality. Rock on all, hope you have a great 2018
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate you chiming in and sharing your thoughts on my program.

Wishing you all an amazing 2018!

Lou Serrano
Thanks for these reviews. I've been looking to boost my entrepreneurial game (because I am quite bad at it) and this looks like a good place to start.
Another update. Once again, I have to be circumspect about what I say because it's not fair to give away the contents of the course. However, I can say this. Last week I was in a situation where I wasn't sure about taking a certain job. Then I remembered something that was in the course where Lou was in almost the same situation. I decided to do what he did and ended up with an engagement that has paid me more than I have ever been paid for a magic gig before and easily pays for the course many times over.

Now, the advice was not one of the secrets of marketing which is the bulk of the course. It was from some general advice the book contains. And, I'm not saying that the advice is unique. One might read it elsewhere., But for me it was in Lou's book that I read it...and by following the advice I have landed a great gig with the possibility of more work with the company to follow.
Under Promise, Over Deliver.

Those four words summarize this course and all my interactions with Lou Serrano.

Lou provides so many insights, from real-world situations, that most certainly some of them will apply to your own situation. If successful implementation of only one recommendation results in only a 5% or 10% increase in your win rate, what is that value? Remember your win-rate increase can potentially stay with you for many years!

Within days of receiving Lou's informative material, I started taking actions that I believe will make a difference in my business. It is too soon for me to quantify the value of Lou's course, but qualitatively I am happy with the value I received and believe that value far exceeds the cost of the course.

One technique I've found to help me out is an accountability partner. Every week three of us (all magicians) have a call to discuss what we've done in the past week. Really helps to drive actions -- you don't want to show up on the call with nothing to say! The added benefit of a coach like Lou, is the ideas you are working on have a track record of success with Lou and his other clients.

Highly recommended.

Hudson
It's been two weeks since my initial post on Lou's course. I've already recouped the cost of the course through specific actions I took as a direct result of Lou's ideas and encouragement.

And I still have a list of actions I am working on.

Thanks Lou!

Hudson
I recently purchased Lou's course and today was the day for my scheduled 60 minute consultation call. Well let me tell you. We went over an hour. Lou is very unselfish and he wants to make sure he covers everything. We had a great call.
He answered specific questions I had and went over my website. I didn't realize my site needed so much work. But Lou pointed out some things that will definitely make it more effective. I'm looking forward to making the changes that he suggested for my business. I took 5 pages of notes while on the call. Lou not only talks the talk. He walks the walk. I would recommend this course to anyone. Beginner or pro. Thank you Lou.

David Lawrence
David,

This was overdue, but thank you for your kind words. I appreciate your comments. I’m wishing you much success in your journey!

Respectfully,

Lou Serrano