(Close Window)
Topic: Premonition iPhone App - Ellusionist
Hey everyone. I am very excited to say this is my first effect to hit the market. Lots of credit goes to E on development.

http://www.ellusionist.com/premonition-iphone-app.html

With Premonition from Ellusionist.com, you will be able to predict what freely thought of card a spectator is about to tell you 2 full days prior to that event.

This is how it will go down:

Tell her that you are going to try to read their mind BEFORE they guess any card in a deck. Now you either pick a card out of the deck or write down a fake prediction. (Do not show this to them, keep it to yourself)

Now you ask her to merely think of ANY card in the deck (except the jokers of course). Ask her if you have forced any card into their mind by weird suggestion, ask her if she freely thought of the card on her very own. (She will always say yes). Ask her if she has her card locked in their head.

Now look as if you're ready to reveal your prediction when you ask her, "What was your card?"

When she tells you her card, look very surprised and perplexed. Put away your written prediction and say "Wait a minute, this is SO weird. Did you say your card was ________?" (This is where you can make up any story you wish) After she answers, tell her that you were sitting in a coffee shop yesterday and had a blast of energy hit you, almost like a very powerful premonition. It was so strong that you had to call your own phone and leave a message as to track the date of the call. You don't know why or how it works, but every time you have one of these premonitions it almost ALWAYS comes true.

You immediately pull out your iPhone. Now you say, "Here let me unlock my phone." You hand her the phone and ask her to open your voicemail. You tell her to scroll through the voicemails until you find [your name] on a message left yesterday.

Tell her to play and listen to the message for proof. She will hear your voice and your message describing your premonition and their selected card.

Enjoy the moment, it will be a powerful one.

Fact List

• Easy to do and easy to learn with clear taught instructions
• Easy setup that you only have to do once then the trick is ready forever.
• Any thought of card becomes your premonition. Just think of the thousands of way you can perform this.
• No voice recognition
• No wireless communication
• Compatible with ALL iPhones
• They'll never guess how it's possible
• Even great for stage and street magic
• No cards, no coins needed. if you have an iPhone you have everything you need
• Easily Customizable

You can get started right now! You don’t need any props or cards. Get "Premonition by Ellusionist.com" in the App Store now.

Something that is not mentioned is with some memorization- You really can predict anything. The set up is 100% changeable to your needs!

PLEASE CHECK IT OUT!

-Jacob Hatfield
Downloading right now :)
O! M! G! This is spectacular. Extremely well thought out - I am DEFINITELY going to use this and FRY minds. Jacob, thank you man. This is perfection.
Nice app version of Patrick Redford's effect Prophecy Voice.

Although I thought you'd like to know that here in the UK. Our voicemail button for iPhones actually calls our call provider (carrier) to get the messages.

So it would be impossible to convince somebody who owns an iPhone of the effect here in the UK.

However, for the American market, this looks awesome.... and the trailer is great.

Good work Jacob.
I don't know if this was covered already or not - but does it HAVE to be a playing card? Or can it be customized a la Patrick's Prophecy Voice?
It can be any prediction you want! It's nicely set up for playing cards, but you can memorize other "predictions" in place of cards.
Very nice and entirely customiseable.

Steve
And what about the millions of android users?
[quote]
On 2011-12-09 15:05, Geraint wrote:

Although I thought you'd like to know that here in the UK. Our voicemail button for iPhones actually calls our call provider (carrier) to get the messages.

So it would be impossible to convince somebody who owns an iPhone of the effect here in the UK.

However, for the American market, this looks awesome.... and the trailer is great.

Good work Jacob.
[/quote]

Not on O2 it doesn't. It uses the built in app :)
Nice idea, but mine doesn't work. Can't record anything, which renders the effect impossible. Wait until the bugs are worked out before purchasing.
[quote]
On 2011-12-10 09:39, Sean Giles wrote:
[quote]

Good work Jacob.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I've had 2 iphones now. Vodafone and Orange ... and neither of them have it.
I'm gutted that O2 has it now and I don't.
This seems a lot like Max Krause's Mental Killer app? Does anyone have this app and can let me know if it is different or not?
Wow this is amazing!!!!

Get someones name at an event you are going to perform at and a couple of bits of personal info (pets name etc).
Add this and perform it to them.
Means you can only perform it once but you have a miracle!
All downloaded and ready to use tomorrow. Takes a bit of time to set it up but the end result is impressive and I think it will go down well. I'm not too sure about the recommendation of writing down a fake prediction at the beginning. Some spectators may ask to see that prediction after the routine is over and that might be an uncomfortable moment. I also need to find the correct wording so that the spectators don't always choose the Ace of Spades or the Queen of Hearts on a regular basis. It's so much better when they choose a total random card and I think that blows them away more and just seems so much more impossible. Any ideas?

Ed
[quote]
On 2011-12-10 23:35, egoli wrote:
All downloaded and ready to use tomorrow. Takes a bit of time to set it up but the end result is impressive and I think it will go down well. I'm not too sure about the recommendation of writing down a fake prediction at the beginning. Some spectators may ask to see that prediction after the routine is over and that might be an uncomfortable moment. I also need to find the correct wording so that the spectators don't always choose the Ace of Spades or the Queen of Hearts on a regular basis. It's so much better when they choose a total random card and I think that blows them away more and just seems so much more impossible. Any ideas?

Ed
[/quote]

I don't think I would use the fake prediction at the beginning either. That all seems a bit odd.
I would maybe use a m***ed deck to get the card though.
Or ask them to write one down and get a peek.

Ed, I disagree about if they pick Ace of Spades or Queen of Hearts. I don't think lay people realise that these are common choices, so it doesn't really matter.
I have downloaded the app the same day it was released.

Let me confess first. I am also an iPhone magic creator and has tried many magic app out there. I have very high standard requirement of the methodology in iPhone magic app because you have to convince spectator that it cannot be done with high-tech.

Generally I think the app is useable. However, I am very disappointed that it seems Ellusionist has not done enough research about magic apps on the market.

The method of entering the selection is VERY BAD. They really should take a look how Tenyo (I have no connection with Tenyo) handled in its app Magic Hat.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-hat/id344404105?mt=8

If Ellusionist has taken time in trying Magic Hat, they will be ashamed on using such INFERIOR method in entering the necessary info. Any spectator with iPhone will INSTANTLY know there is something VERY WRONG with your screen when you enter the information. Plus, the action of entering the info is definitely unnatural: you are not entering the info secretly!! It's like telling the audience the actual method. If you only perform this magic with non-iPhone user, then it's ok.
What I can say nice about this app is that the revelation is good and interesting. Other than that, it's bad in execution and methodology.

Unless Ellusionist update their app with better method, you will soon find out that someone in audience will tell you that they know exactly what you do.

Alex Hui
Definitely - the start up of this trick needs to be improved. I intend starting it up before I even approach the spectator so that it looks real from the beginning. I may also have the screen in ready position all day so that when I pull out my phone it is ready to go. I'll report back on how this goes.

Ed
[quote]
On 2011-12-11 09:12, egoli wrote:
Definitely - the start up of this trick needs to be improved. I intend starting it up before I even approach the spectator so that it looks real from the beginning. I may also have the screen in ready position all day so that when I pull out my phone it is ready to go. I'll report back on how this goes.

Ed
[/quote]

Ed if I were you, which I wish I was because I do not have an iPhone. I would buy Mental Killer by Max Krause. The input of the card is impressive, since the spectator can do it. also the trick makes sense. Because you do not leave yourself 52 voice mails, its all ready for you. Plus who the hell calls themselves and leaves a voice mail on their own message system.

In Mental Killer you call someone else, a real number, and you listen to their answering machine. It is truly impressive. I have been debating some time now if I should switch to an iPhone or not, so I can do this effect.

Anyways here is the link
http://innovativedeceptions.com/?page_id=4&category=14&product_id=1
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mental-killer/id391010202?mt=8
[quote]
On 2011-12-10 09:39, Sean Giles wrote:
[quote]

Good work Jacob.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just to clarify I should say that it's only on O2 contract that uses the built in app. My girlfriend has o2 prepay and you have to phone the provider for messages :)

best
Sean
Thanks Chad - I do have Max's Mental Killer and agree that it is great. I like that Premonition uses my own voice and that is an advantage to me. It is also easier to set up the prediction. Both tricks let you do minimal handling before handing the phone to the spectator. They are both very similar to me and have their own appeal in their own right. I did Premonition several times today and the reactions were mostly positive. I would say that the reactions to Mental Killer are a bit more enthusiastic.

Ed
[quote]
On 2011-12-10 09:18, pegasus wrote:
And what about the millions of android users?
[/quote]

DITTO
Grrr I'm in the middle of development for an APP for Android and Iphone that does this - sad that someone else is doing it but not surprised someone beat me to market! Just ashame I've already invested in paying folks to program this!

Goodluck Jacob.

-Patrick Redford
(from Michigan too....)
All good magic comes from Michigan Partick!
Sorry to hear that you were investing into this same idea.
E and I have been working this into being for more than a year now.

E has done a great job with it and the potential for memorizing other options and inputting other reveals with your voice makes this an awesome tool to have in your pocket.

Honestly, when you have people asking you to do something all the time, it's nice to be able to whip out your phone and do some magic with it.

It makes my heart happy to hear people are loving it. It is made for iPhone, as it uses the iPhone's actual layout to make it work. Android is obviously another huge market. I do not know much about the android market, but because it uses your phone's natural layout - this would have to be changed per phone. Sorry guys for making you feel left out- we still love you.
I get great reactions from iPredict having the spectator call the number on their phone. Mental Killer is very good too. I’ve also recently been using Email Wizard and it’s been a big hit so far. You can do more predictions with it too which I like a lot.
I just want to say I submitted a 1-star review to ellusionist but it is not published on the site at all. But there are tons of 5-star reviews. I wonder if it is ellusionist's policy that any 1-star review will never got published. Ellusionist have total control of the reviews on their site.

Alex Hui
May I ask why you don't like it Alex?
(and anyone else)
I would love to get a list together so I can definitely make improvements with E.

-Jacob
Jacob, I love this but can see a couple of ways it could be improved.

It would be great if the screen where you need to do the work was the same as your normal screen. It just doesn't look quite right at the moment.

Also why would you need to scroll from left to right to get to the phone icon that is at the bottom anyway.

It would be great if the effect could be set up beforehand. You can then give the phone to a spectator before the effect even begins and never touch it again.
The info can be entered disguised as a passcode by the spec. And then they just open the voicemail and press play.

I love this but if these little points were addressed it would be amazing!!
Jacob,
I'm not sure if you still check this thread or not. I just bought this a couple days ago (late comer to this effect I guess). This is phenomenal. I get really strong reactions. Entering the information has not been an issue for me at all. I just don't make a big deal of it. I have them choose a card. While they show it around, I turn on my phone and get it ready for them (only takes a second and is covered by misdirection of them showing their card). Nobody questions anything. Nice app!
Ok, I've gone to the extremes on this. Started with simple choose a card and then play the message. Very effective. Then I went very elaborate into mind reading (not even involving cards). Changing cards to anything I could think of. Good, but not as good. I feel that the ultimate does not even use a deck. I now have people choose a card from a pretend deck. Lots of fun first... take the deck, shuffle, choose a card... what is it. etc. This easy effect really kills.
I'm just wondering, will the app be optimised for iPhone 5? I bought this app, but there is a black screen gap between the top of the phone and the screen - due to the larger iPhone 5 screen. This currently makes it risky to perform as spectators are likely to notice something unusual about the screen.

- Dan
I am currently reworking this into an international positive negative type routine. Spectator picks a coin (currency), denom, and flips it while calling heads/tails. All are predicted via voicemail.

The iPhone 5 question does concern me. In addition, when we sync to a new phone do our recordings transfer? Probably not right? That would really suck rerecording everything.
The idea of this app is really nice, but for foreign users like me, not work... I bought this but the app does not offer option to translate the messages on the screen and is not compatible with the iphone 5 screen size (the wallpaper and icon positions not work)...

any idea of a update of this app for IOS 7 / iphone 5?