(Close Window)
Topic: B'Wave With A Twist -- Nitrate
This is a thread for reviews of my new effect "Nitrate", a different take on the B'Wave plot.

You can see a trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SLurNz_0M

Even though there are cuts, you are not missing anything. Only four cards used. Nothing added or taken away. I did this because I didn't want to make it easy for the You Tube kids to reconstruct the effect. Getting a little tired of seeing my effects performed and taught on You Tube by guys who didn't purchase them.

When you purchase the PDF, though, you get access to an uncut version of the video so you can see the effect from beginning to end.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it.
I was lucky enough to get this - IT IS BRILLIANT!
Commercial, easy to do, great plot.
Straight into my repetoire.
Oh, and its by Cameron Francis.

Need I say any more?

Kyle
I picked this up this morning and I like it quite a bit. Like most of Cameron's material it is satisfyingly commercial, with a unique story line that works well for this trick. Buyers should be aware that you will require a couple of cards that not everyone will have lying around. I'm something of a card and card gaff junkie, so it wasn't an issue for me. For those who do not have the cards on hand, it is nothing you can't easily find at your local brick and mortar, or favorite on-line dealer.

As for skill level, this is about as easy as a packet trick gets. If you can do an Elmsley, then you can do this trick. If you cannot do an Elmsley, then you can read along as Cameron explains the necessary bits of business at the end of the PDF.

Some may feel that this would be better had it been released as a marketed packet trick, with the cards included. Personally, I am happy that Cameron chose to release it this way.

Purchase of Nitrate currently includes a bonus trick that is equally good, and also requires fairly standard gaff cards.

Consider me a very satisfied customer.
Hey, Magiguy! Thanks for the kind words. Yes, a couple of gaffs are required but they are easily accessible. Most card guys will have them laying about in a drawer. One you can make yourself.

There is a possibility that this will be released as a physical product with the cards included. However I'm not sure if it'll happen or when. Since it's not too difficult to make up yourself, I decided to release it as a download. I have been doing this trick for ages. I knew it was something which a lot of people would like so I decided to release it.
As a fellow "B'wave" fanatic, I absolutely loved this effect! Very surprising, easy to do, compact, and entertaining. Need I say more? :)
This is another happy and satisfied buyer.
Got this. Like it very much!
Different from alain nu?
I was not familiar with Alain's effect before but from what I can gather, it sounds like the methods are pretty different. Not sure about the effect as that was vague in the ad copy. Will keep looking into it, though.
HELLO,
What can I say ... again ... again. Dear Francis ... thank you for sharing your ideas
with us.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Cartemania -llement votre.

7i7ier
I hate seeing variations on B'wave.....

B'wave is a MENTAL monster!!.....not a magic trick. Every "variation" or "improvement" on B'wave ruins it.

Sorry not my cup-o-jo. I will keep walking.
While I've always appreciated the elegant simplicity of the original B'Wave, it doesn't really work for me.

Cameron's version suits me much better and I like this a LOT! This will be living in my wallet from this day forward!

Highly Recommended!

Iain.
[quote]
On 2011-12-27 06:08, Iain Moran wrote:
While I've always appreciated the elegant simplicity of the original B'Wave, it doesn't really work for me.

Cameron's version suits me much better and I like this a LOT! This will be living in my wallet from this day forward!

Highly Recommended!

Iain.
[/quote]

Agreed!
GRRRRR I am in The Netherlands right now and have to wait to get back to the US to buy it in case the time to download it expires. The trailer looks GREAT Cameron and again, this is an effect I will DEfINITELY use!!

Buon Natale,
Vlad
Tmoca, this is definitely a magical effect. Although you could play it as mentalism (I explain it in the booklet).

At the same time, B'Wave can also be presented as a magical effect. Just depends on presentation and personal preference. There's no one right way to do it.
Almost any mental effect can be presented as a magical effect. The question is should it? I just feel that B'wave should not even be mentioned in the comparison. Again, just my opinion.

Cheers
Here's the thing. This trick is only inspired by B'Wave. It's not supposed to be a variation, really. It's it's own thing. The presentation is about reversing images which has nothing to do with B'Wave.

However, as I said, it is possible to present this trick as mentalism.

BTW, the Nu trick is nothing like this, either. It's more of a variation of the traditional B'Wave.
Yes nu is a variation. It is way to do bwave with no gimmicks. But if the name bwave is in the trick name one would believe it is a twist on the original bwave effect. Cameron has always brought great effects to the magiccafe I am sure this is one of them.

I prefer to perform bwave as a mental effect with which of was designed.

Certainly most any card effect can be presented as either magic or mentalism.

J
John, you are correct. Poor choice of words on my part. It is certainly a variation of B'Wave. However the ultimate effect is quite different. And, yes, many effects can be played as either mentalism or magic. This is no exception. Change the script up a bit and you have a demonstration of controlling perception.

Thanks for all of your support, guys. Glad so many are getting such great use out of this!
Got this yesterday. Most magicians will be able to make up the cards for both effects in 5 mins with stuff you allready have. Generally I go for packet tricks where you end clean at the end and the cards can be left on the spectators hands. However, having said that when you leave them in their hands they never bother looking at them anyway! Both effects are excellent. They are very easy to do and have the wow factor. Definately will be using these over next few days when I am working. Very very good Cameron. Can't wait to see what you have comming out next. You release magic which is so commercial !

MIKE DONOGHUE
I think what Cameron meant was that he didn't want to sell it as an "improvment".

But this is definitively a good add-on. It allows you to get an extra "impossible" and mysterious ending although the spectator thinks the trick is over.

When you're convinced that everything has been said about a classic plot, Cameron prooves you that you were wrong with his "out of the box" thinking.

Those interested in B'Wave should not overlook this one.
Thanks, Mike and Raphael! Yes, I would never say "improvement". Just different.

Mike, the nice thing about the ending is that they can examine the blank card, of course. Sorta like Bob Farmer's Alice's Revenge, which the second half is definitely similar to.
I have decided that the bonus routine, Do The Wave, will only be available till Friday, January 6th. After that, it will be no longer be available on the site. Thanks again for all of your support!
Beautiful effect.
I just bought it!
Nice little trick. Really like it!
Thank you for the bonus!

My last purchase in this year! ;)

marc
MY last e-book purchase of the year as well.. Actually going to be looking it over tonight as I made my purchase yesterday.. Can't wait.
Just downloaded it... I like it very much!
Cameron, nice addition to this. Plays out well.
Very clever Cam and I really like your play on this classic effect. Great job! :)
[quote]
On 2011-12-29 10:51, Cameron Francis wrote:
I have decided that the bonus routine, Do The Wave, will only be available till Friday, January 6th. After that, it will be no longer be available on the site. Thanks again for all of your support!
[/quote]

May I bribe you Cameron to keep it on the site until Sunday night when I get back to the US? Please?
Vlad, absolutely NOT!

Just kidding!! :) Shoot me an email when you get back.

Guys, thanks for all the kind words. Means a lot.
Special ends tomorrow night!

This has been a huge seller. Thank you to everyone who has purchased so far.
I think that this is the best money I have spent on a magic effect in over a year. :devilish:
[quote]
On 2011-12-26 10:59, Cameron Francis wrote:
This is a thread for reviews of my new effect "Nitrate", a different take on the B'Wave plot.

You can see a trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87SLurNz_0M

Even though there are cuts, you are not missing anything. Only four cards used. Nothing added or taken away. I did this because I didn't want to make it easy for the You Tube kids to reconstruct the effect. Getting a little tired of seeing my effects performed and taught on You Tube by guys who didn't purchase them.

When you purchase the PDF, though, you get access to an uncut version of the video so you can see the effect from beginning to end.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it.
[/quote]

I get a bit annoyed when I see "B'Wave" improvements/versions. They are usually a let down. But your "Nitrate" video made me smile. You have a flair for creating beautiful magic.

Clarke
This is a great effect no doubt about it
Thanks to everyone for their kind words! Much appreciated!
What a shame and I just came back from my holiday and realised that I am the last person to post my thoughts here. :(

Cameron has done it once again!! I am very, very impress his thoughts in card magic! This is one of the BEST items that I got and I really cherished this routine very much! I really had a wonderful time with this item and I tell myself, whenever I go, I will surely perform this very item in my close-up act.

The routine itself is extremely powerful and beautiful. I really have no other words to describe the beauty of this trick. But, what I do know is I really enjoyed performing this item very much. In addition, the reaction that I get from the audience is overwhelming!

Congrats to you Cameron for always on the move in coming up great and beautiful card magic to share with the magic fraternity. :)

An upcoming review to be posted at pasteboards.blogspot.com

ALSH
I know this is an old thread, but since this has been re-released by BBM I thought it was worth resurrecting. Nitrate is a really nice twist on the B'wave idea - really a different effect altogether - with loads of strong magic coming from just four cards. I missed this first time round, so am very pleased to have got a 'second chance'! You can read my full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2017/08/01/cameron-francis-nitrate-review/
Cameron, Is this the same trick I bought a few years ago on your website? It was an ebook on how to do it. http://cameronfrancismagic.com/Nitrate.php
Is it commercial? Yes. Is it probably entertaining? Yes. Is it an improvement on B'wave? I'd say, "no". B'wave is a mentalism effect. This routine is not. It takes it into the realm of common, run of the mill card magic. The most engaging and profound aspect of B'wave will be mostly if not completely lost. What audiences will remember about this routine is that card faces appeared and disappeared. I therefore posit that using B'wave as a starting point for this routine is moot. It could have been any cards, and the appearing and disappearing printing on the faces resembles thousands of standard packet tricks in the literature that are inherently more visually stunning.