(Close Window)
Topic: Last name with food
Was thinking about strange names and could not get food names out of my head. It started with wise guy names like Tommy Salami and Stevie Bones. So it got me thinking. Let's use common first names and food names for last names and come up with a cast of characters for the next goodfellas film. I'll start it off:
Tommy Tortolini
Danny Archer does a gangster character called Gino Mozzarella.

So it looks like you've been beaten to the punch.

I'm not sure why you want us to list food names. Obviously they sound like Italian gangsters because you're picking Italian foods. I wouldn't be quite so scared of Bob Sandwich or Arnold Cherrypie.
So if you re read my post, you would see why a Bob Sandwich would not make the cut for a cast of characters unless of course you were writing a script for a childrens book. Beaten to the punch? I was not looking for a Magi character and Im certain Danny developed his character along the same idea as the strange names and funny names we have all seen and read many times in movies and print.
Yeah, but I'm not playing your game cos it's stupid. That's my point.
Cos it's stupid? Perhaps you should write a children's script.
The adventures of Bob Sandwich is already available in paperback.
Gangster names appropriate for a Goodfellas type film... where the surname of the character is a food stuff... let me see...

I'm afraid I'm with George on this one... it's too stupid an idea to bother with.

Maybe stupid is too harsh though so let me take another look.... it's a premise that's not connected with anything other than itself and so as an exercise it doesn't relate to anything other than the self referential premise of listing characters for a Goodfellas sort of film.... Yeah... sorry but it's not an idea full of wit, charm and creativity.

Let me see if I can demonstrate how un attractive an idea this is... here is a character name for someone who might work in a grocer's... Tommy carrots... lets all come up with other suggestions for character names of people who might work in a grocer shop...

Hold on... I've got a better idea...lets not.
Having just read my above post it comes across as rather mean spirited. That wasn't my intention and wasn't how I meant it to come across. I guess with these posts playfulness and tone often gets lost with just the naked written words. I think that maybe my hackles were starting to rise at the thought of this becoming yet another game thread type thing.

So my apologies to Rizzo.... and Lenny Linguini, Barry Bolognese, Colin Cannelloni and Auntie Pasta all send their regards.
I borrowed a name my cousin used during his radio work in college.(from the 60's)

Nikoli Garbonzo