(Close Window)
Topic: Wait how long for order?
I receive excellent service from the online magic stores I visit, usually receiving my orders in three days or less. I realize that popular magicians who sell effects online as a sideline to performing may take longer to fulfill an order due to not being in the business full time, but just how long should I have to wait before I file a Paypal complaint?

My first order from one such person arrived nine days later, which I consider reasonable, but my second order has yet to arrive after nearly four weeks. My email inquiry was answered with a "yes it was sent" response with no date mentioned. I have sent another email asking about the order and am awaiting a response.

I hope that I am not out $40.00. BTW I do visit actual magic shops when I can, but the nearest one is 50 miles away and costs me $30 in bridge tolls and gasoline to visit.
I believe there is a time limit on Paypal disputes...30 days? I agree with your thinking on all counts, and you should contact Paypal immediately, sending a courtesy email to the vendor. Most well-known performers are reliable, but I've also seen a few mentioned here who have gotten in trouble with their product fulfillment.

Good luck.
If you feel uncomfortable, you can do the refund, send e-mail to shop and tell them you will re-transfer the fund again once you can have a more reliable correspondence with them.

I guess they will understand -or at least try to understand- as buyers are also worried losing their money. I'm not saying they will run with your money, but sometimes we need to get our own peace of mind.