(Close Window)
Topic: Possum Magic
Possum magic seems to be a reality for Autumn Morning Star and Kyle Jarrard.

So how do you load a load like this?
With the prehensile tail! You just let the mama hang off a nail in your tabletop. The babies follow suit as you see in the pic. Silks in front of hand, once you go for the steal, the momma grabs YOU with the prehensile tail. Good to go! Good luck!
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 3, 2012 08:25PM)
Chris! Shhhh! Don't tell people how we do it! Gotta keep that 'possum magic' a secret, especially the 'pre***sile t*il hung on a n**l' part! Man, that is primo magic stuff!

Dang-it, now that everyone knows the secret, how will I EVER be able to justify the purchase of a new mama possum, much less a bucket-o-babies? Sigh.
Oh Man..... I forgot the asterisk....LOL. Give it a day or so and it will all go away. all will forget, You know the old saying..... If you want to keep it a secret... put it in a book. My apologies, and remember , in a few days a week at the most, your possum ooops, Opossum magic will be back at the top of its game. So go out and make that big purchase, and remember to get a recipt for the tax man and get that write-off. Plus I will get a back up Oppossum for you in case you travel thru to Okla.

(Sorry that I fixed "recipt" but I put it back after reading on below. Bob - Grammar Host)
Reciept
Nothing like misspelling when you do a return post to the Grammar host!?
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 4, 2012 11:41AM)
He-he-he! Yes, I will wait two days and "YAY" no one will know my plan for my super-duper Po**um trick!! I had planned to deduct the expense of driving to Louisiana and staying at the Bayou Hilton to watch and wait for the inevitable: A run-over mama po**um. Then I would do an "operation rescue" to save her babies. I can keep them in a KFC bucket and bottle feed with half-and-half creamer until I get them back to Colorado. (I know Bob is laughing here...he knows I actually did the KFC bucket and creamer thing for pos**ums as a kid!) I am not even sure anyone knows what a po**um looks like in Color*do. They would think it was a ginormous rat.

Dang-it, I am envious of Arkansas. In Arkansas, the rules say I can keep up to SIX possums (or SIX bobcats, cougars, wolves, etc.) Wow, a magician could have an entire big WILD animal act there! And insurance would cover the magician's brand new face replacement when they eat their face off. What a deal!

And say, don't worry, Chris. I will likely have to clean up your grammar and spelling. That is how those words magically make themselves better! ("I" Before "E", except after "C", or when sounded as "A" as in "neighbor" or "way".)
[quote]
On 2012-01-03 17:54, Bob Sanders wrote:
Possum magic seems to be a reality for Autumn Morning Star and Kyle Jarrard.

So how do you load a load like this?
[/quote]

I don't!!!!!
Here is the real possum magic from Wikiepedia

"The meat is traditionally prepared by smoking, then stewing. It is light and fine-grained, but the musk glands must be removed as part of preparation. The meat can be used in place of rabbit and chicken in recipes."
Someone please remind me... years ago I saw someone do a comedy lecture where they showed a method to produce an armadillo. I can't remember who that was. If you saw it, you know what I mean! It was funny.
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 4, 2012 03:12PM)
[quote]
On 2012-01-04 13:54, btedeski wrote:
Here is the real possum magic from Wikiepedia

"The meat is traditionally prepared by smoking, then stewing. It is light and fine-grained, but the musk glands must be removed as part of preparation. The meat can be used in place of rabbit and chicken in recipes."
[/quote]
*heaving* Yack! Btedeski, NASTY! You almost killed this vegetarian-possum lover with your post!

Michael, it must have been a cups and balls routine, because an armadillo will roll up when scared (just like a rolley-polley bug). I had an armadillo when I was a kid. I never could get her to roll up in a ball! She was scared of nothing!
That rolling up was actually the premise behind the joke. The punchline was that you train the armadillo to roll up partially and bite its own tail. Then you hold the armadillo by the tail like a basket, which you fill with flowers, thus camouflaging the armadillo as something else. It is then introduced in whatever fashion he described, producing the armadillo at the end.
RecEipt... Got it now,,, thanks for the reminder.
P.S. I got 2 in our back yard, I went out the other night and it was right up at the back door, The wife had tossed out some ole bread for the birds, but I think the oppossum wanted it more. Then the neighbor dogs are barking like crazy, So I go out to look at night with Flash light. Standing around looking under the brush to find what they are barking at... no luck, then I turn a bit, and on top of the fence at elbow height was a young one frozen or dead,,, ok she or it was playing possum, but sure gave me the heebie geebies. Soooo, if you ever do work in Okla. I have 2 in the back yard under the shed.
Thanks folks! Now that the word "ball" was used, Lucy is scheming about doing a possum zombie!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Use the Armadillo they are easier.
Chris,

Here in Alabama, armadillos are usually flat!

Bob
Ahhhh I get it now, better off sticking with the Possums. We wish Lucy the best in her new challenges. Can't wait to see the video.
Last time I went "O-possum" hunting we caught more frogs and snakes than "O-possums".

Personally, I like Frog legs and snake meat better!

Every time I tried to use an "O-possum" in my act everybody thought I had already killed it as it never moved :rotf:

Axtell, does have a "O-possum" puppet, next on my wish list.

http://www.axtell.com/possum.html
You hear that Autumn, after you produce your first (real) possum). Then you can do splitting the possums. Hint, Use the ax**ll p***et for the second load as the Sp**T production... How did I do this time... even my spelling...LOL.. ok maybe don't check spelling?
Make sure to use the Axtell Possum with your dominate hand. Real possums have sharp teeth! :)
Good tip Regan! And make sure you know which one is the Axtell, before putting your hand in the dominate place!!!
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 6, 2012 03:46PM)
James, you keep saying "O-possum'. Are you gettin' uppity on us? You are from Slapout, Alabama. I have been to Slapout and I am pretty sure that you are intentionally adding that 'O'! ;)

Glad you got that spelling, Chris. Thanks for the possum offer, too, but you had better train them for me. Otherwise, all they will do is hiss at me. Better yet, get one of their upcoming babies and train that little one. The babies are adorable and once you have bonded,'O', you will love that possum!

Bob, this year at your Magic Valley Ranch, I would like to see an award called "The Golden Possum" for close-up, parlor and stage magic. I can see it now...a golden possum with a little pointy hat, doing cups and balls and a big possum grin. Nice, eh?
There is that "o" thing again!
[quote]
On 2012-01-06 16:46, Autumn Morning Star wrote:

Bob, this year at your Magic Valley Ranch, I would like to see an award called "The Golden Possum" for close-up, parlor and stage magic. I can see it now...a golden possum with a little pointy hat, doing cups and balls and a big possum grin. Nice, eh?
[/quote]
As an alumni from Magic Valley Magic 1, may I suggest an Alabama Armadillo Award (AAA?). Then, maybe I can compete even though I've moved away. That way, using Bob's analogy of Alabama armadillos, if I'm lucky enough to win, the award will fit easily into an envelope! :eek:
Very clever!
I just acquired a possum today and hope to find appropriate music for my possum zombie. Might as well do real down home possum magic. I'm also taking suggestions for a name for the little critter. I don't know what sex it is. I thought of Marsi, for marsupial. Any suggestions?
I'd go with Larry; who wouldn't love a possum named Larry? And don't forget to make a little fez for him cause fezzes make all critters more loveable.
LOL Shriner Possum Larry! Cute.
Autumn,

When I first got on The Magic Café some people had a problem with my dialect, so I have tried to help out all the unfortunate souls who are not from the South. You know the people from the north and the far west.

The correct word is Possum without the "O".
:coolspot:

I used to tell people I was from LA and they would say Los Angeles and I had to correct them and tell them that was "Lower Alabama". :rotf:
You knew it would just be time until Possum Magic took over at the Bunny Heart Theater at Magic Valley Ranch.
Is that a ZOMBIE cloth??????? I can see where this is going!!!!
Hmmm...I don't know about this... Just the thought of Zombie possums gives me the creeps!
Night of the Playing Dead?!?
[quote]
On 2012-01-10 13:23, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
Night of the Playing Dead?!?
[/quote]

LOL!!
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 10, 2012 10:17PM)
Your zombie foulard looks like a tablecloth! Oh, MY! Hmmm...How about this for your possum zombie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2d-D1qM9dY
That's right! And if there is a lot of company to feed we can always add a couple of boxes of "Possum Helper" to help spread the possum to feed more folks.

Just when will y'all be here?

Bubba Whodini
The possum is practicing. I sure hope he's a quick study.
From the looks of the roads out here, "QUICK" is NOT a possum characteristic.

Oh! I know, it's their trick to see if they can get the buzzards hit by a car!

Now I know why Lucy did buzzard magic first.

Bob

PS --- And she really did do buzzard magic first! (They are much too big for a good zombie and won't play possum.)
OK, now you guys are just making me hungry...
[quote]
On 2012-01-12 12:16, that'sJustWrong! wrote:
OK, now you guys are just making me hungry...
[/quote]
that'sJustWrong,

That's Just Wrong!
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Jan 12, 2012 02:54PM)
[quote]
On 2012-01-11 23:45, Lucy wrote:
The possum is practicing. I sure hope he's a quick study.
[/quote]
Lucy, be careful where you put the Zombie cork. You don't want him to sull.
Message: Posted by: Autumn Morning Star (Oct 26, 2012 08:55AM)
I just read this entire column again and laughed until I cried! Whether you are an animal lover or simply a roadkill enthusiast: You gotta love that possum!