(Close Window)
Topic: HOUDINI WAS MURDERED! By Meltzer, Rolle and the History Channel
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 11, 2012 11:13PM)
I have just read up on Houdini's death and on traumatic appendicitis. There is no question in my mind that it happened pretty much as it has been handed down. Since I watched that show--you know, what's it called--I have been reading every word that is available on Ask Alexander and the web.
Believe me, no one was more surprised than I to find that a punch in the stomach killed Houdini. During a friendly visit with three students from McGill, Houdini let a student punch him in the stomach. There is evidence to demonstrate that Houdini had previously let people punch his stomach. There are no recorded stories of other "punch me in the stomach" instances, but, Houdini said to Sophie Rosenblatt "I've never had a punch hurt me like that," and he told Julia Sauer, "I didn't have time to stand up." I'm paraphrasing. And he told Max and Ozzie Malini who saw his last show in Montreal, "I let a college kid punch me in the stomach, and he caught me wrong, and it's killing me.
Had Houdini been freestanding, his stomach muscles could have withstood the blows and his body would be able to move a tich--like catching a baseball--and "take" the punch.
He was lying on a couch, half-sitting up. Houdini had no idea when he said Gordon Whitehead could "test" his stomach muscles (Whitehead after feeling Houdini's stomach--which he said was "like a washboard" had asked if he could test Houdini's stomach muscles) that Whitehead would start punching almost immediately. Even though Houdini's stomach felt like an oak plank to Whitehead, the first punch compressed Houdini's peritoneal cavity probably forcing feces into the appendix where it became trapped and quickly infected. From that moment on, Houdini had the symptoms of acute appendicitis.
A genuine case of traumatic appendicitis.
The meeting with the three students went on for a few more minutes, then, Houdini ended it cordially. Whitehead, Smilovitch and Price left the theatre at the same time. Houdini acted as if the punches hurt hadn't hurt him, but, Price later said Houdini seemed to wince with each of the three or four punches he received.
If Houdini had been operated on for appendicitis anytime in the next 24 hours, he probably would have survived.
There is a lively discussion, rife with grassy-knollism going on over at Wild About Harry.
No one ever described Whitehead's punching too soon as having any criminal intent. It wasn't really a battery. Price said that Houdini seemed to brace himself before the first blow, so Houdini saw it coming, but, thought Whitehead would give him a chance to get on his feet. Houdini, Whitehead and Smilovitch had all boxed. All three young men had felt Houdini's forearms, and shoulders as Whitehead discussed physical conditioning with him. Then, Whitehead essentially challenged Houdini to let him punch him in the stomach. None of the punches needed to land on the appendix to cause the acute appendicitis. It was that compression effect. If he hadn't been lying down, the punch wouldn't have hurt him. Whitehead was a typical nervous, awkward, nutty fan. He jumped the gun.
Has everyone seen "Double Indemnity?" You know. Barbara Stanwyck coming down the stairs wearing a towel, an ankle bracelet, and a cheap blonde wig. Watch it again and enjoy Edward G. Robinson's brilliant performance. Pay particular attention to his speech about suicide. Same applies to the Houdini "murder." Nobody ever set out to murder anybody by punching him in the stomach.
The old story is true.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html
Message: Posted by: Harley Newman (Jan 12, 2012 05:13AM)
It was a chain of events.

It's easy to blame Whitehead and his punches, but they were the direct result of Houdini's self-image and publicity...H's fascination with his physique...the whole "punch me" theme...were ongoing. So, in a way, the primary problem was one of Houdini's own making.

Appendicitis is mentioned a lot, and his appendix was probably related to his death. He'd probably had previous problems with it, but it was exacerbated by the punches.

We tend to forget that antibiotics had not yet been discovered. An appendectomy was a major thing, with significant risk of complications. Peritonitis was the secondary (and worse) infection.

So, if you want a conspiracy theory...I'd suggest it wae those scheming bacteria. They're everywhere, in the air, on our skin, in our food, digging into every part of our lives. Mwahahahaha!
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Jan 12, 2012 11:56AM)
Here's the only known photo of our man Whitehead if you're interested.

http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/this-is-j-gordon-whitehead.html

Great stuff, Patrick!
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 12, 2012 09:50PM)
Over on John Cox's blog, someone said: 2) "J. Gordon Whitehead was a kook, and oddball, off beat, malcontent, religious nut, and weirdo. (This was even told by one of the witnesses.) Whitehead was stalking Houdini the entire week Houdini was in Montreal."
and also: "Later Whitehead bragged about what he had done."
What's the truth? Nothing whatever is known about Gordon Whitehead's religious beliefs or affiliations other than what one might assume from the question he asked Houdini about miracles in the Bible--which Houdini said he would prefer not to discuss.
Stalking Houdini? What is the evidence for that?
There is nothing to indicate he was a "religious nut."
And outside of his sworn statement in which he admits to punching Houdini after Houdini agreed to let him "test" his stomach muscles during a discussion about fitness, I can't find an instance of his mentioning to anyone that he was the guy that fatally punched Houdini--let alone bragged about it.
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 14, 2012 12:44AM)
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
from an interview with Sophia Robart (Sophie Rosenblatt) in the Milwaukee Journal, April 5, 1931
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Jan 14, 2012 10:18AM)
[quote]
On 2012-01-14 01:44, houdinisghost wrote:
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
from an interview with Sophia Robart (Sophie Rosenblatt) in the Milwaukee Journal, April 5, 1931
[/quote]
Whoa! That's new. Interesting.
Message: Posted by: magicusb (Jan 14, 2012 04:28PM)
[quote]
On 2012-01-14 01:44, houdinisghost wrote:
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
from an interview with Sophia Robart (Sophie Rosenblatt) in the Milwaukee Journal, April 5, 1931
[/quote]

When Harry Houdini says "he didn't know." does he mean Whitehead didn't know Houdini already had an appendix problem, or that his appendix was on his left side, or that Houdini never did the punching challenge before?

Or that the writer of the story did not even know how to spell Sophie Rosenblatt and wrongly spelled it Sophia Robart.

We have searched all over, books, internet, etc., and cannot find reference to this article and cannot find a copy of it any where. We do, however, remember seeing it referenced somewhere before.

Would appreciate it if Pat could send us a copy for our collection, or tell us where we can find it.

For more information about the backstage (staged? Just kidding) happenings go to our four pages on the Dick Brookz/Dorothy Dietrich Theory on the internet:
http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html

We will be adding to this over time.

Houdini murdered does not mean Houdini was murdered or was meant to be killed, but because that was the title of the recent TV show.

Dick Brookz & Dorothy Dietrich
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 14, 2012 06:47PM)
Sophie Rosenblatt changed her name to Sophie Robart.
The interview explains that.
You can find the interview on AskAlex.
I used a quote from it in my chapter on the Needle Trick in Houdini--the Key.
I'll put up the true story, as soon as I finish it, on houdinisghost.com.
In the meantime, everybody can waste their time on crackpot theories--based on the most slipshod kind of research--on other sites.
Message: Posted by: Kevin Connolly (Jan 14, 2012 07:40PM)
Ouch!
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Jan 14, 2012 10:44PM)
[quote]
I'll put up the true story, as soon as I finish it, on houdinisghost.com.
[/quote]
Looking forward to it, Patrick.
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 14, 2012 11:57PM)
Well, I've put a preview on the other thread on this same topic.
Message: Posted by: magicusb (Jan 15, 2012 05:27AM)
Looked at it.

Amazing post.

For us it falls in line with the Dick Brookz/Dorothy Dietrich Houdini Death Theory.

We will tell more as time and inclination sees fit.

We have 3 copies of The Key. Will check it out.

While we are at it we are looking for pictures of Sophie Rosenblatt and Daisy White. Can any one help us out?

Was Sophie married? Children?

Thanks.



For pieces of our theory go to

http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html
and
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html#comment-form

Love the John Cox blog. How does he find the time?

D&D
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Jan 15, 2012 10:09AM)
[quote]
Love the John Cox blog. How does he find the time?
[/quote]
No life? ;)
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 15, 2012 04:41PM)
Dick and Dorothy,
There is a photo of Daisy White on my website.
Also your "mystery woman" Ina Claire.
As everyone who bought a copy of "Houdini--the Key" which, incidentally, is about the secrets of his magic ans escapes and contains not a word about the circumstances of his death--as those of you who own a copy know, I have followed a strict one to a customer rule.
Dick Brookz said "we have three copies of the Key." That's because he bought one, Dorothy bought one, and their museum bought one. I signed each book to them and the museum by name.
If I had sold multiple copies to everyone who asked to buy multiple copies, I'd have sold out completely in two weeks. As it is, I still have some of the 278 books to sell, and nobody can scalp them on the internet.
There are people hoarding multiple copies of the Houdini Unlocked set to this day.
I want to state that I wholeheartedly believe the "Dick Brookz/Dorothy Dietrich theory" is complete nonsense.
Patrick Culliton
Message: Posted by: magicusb (Jan 18, 2012 09:53AM)
Shows how easy it is to blurt something out that might be misunderstood. I mentioned three copies of the book show how important we feel Pat's body of work is though we may not always agree.

Pat is correct three copies were in fact bought by three different entities, at three different addresses. Each a different babkaccount. SFull retail for each, did not ask for a discount, and that was not at the special pre-publication price, either. Dorothy Dietrich bought one for the house library, I bought one for our warehouse, where I do my "crazy" research, and one went to the Houdini Museum, in case customers want answers to specific questions.It has a great index. I dislike books without an index as it makes tins easy to search out. Each book is nicely inscribed to each separate entity by Pat. None are for sale, and never will be till it is all over. We also have three copies of his two previous big Houdini books that we paid top prices for in the same three locations for the same reason.

Pat:
We could not find Daisy White on your site but did find one in your book "The Key". I have since found two others. Found Hilton, the mystery lady, and Lillian on your site.

Did not find Sophie Rosenblatt, or info about her, like was she married, any children, etc.

I will now answer the questions your pose to us above via small parts of our long "Dick Brookz - Dorothy Dietrich Houdini Death Theory" more parts of it can be seen at

http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html
and
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html#comment-form






THIS IS ANSWER TO SEVERAL QUESTIONS. PLEASE REMEMBER DON BELL WAS A DEDICATED PERSON WHO WORKED PROFESSIONALLY AS A WRITER.

we will put our answers in CAPS.
[quote]
On 2012-01-14 19:47, houdinisghost wrote:

1) "I'll put up the true story, as soon as I finish it, on houdinisghost.com."
[/quote]
PLEASE DO

YOU SAID HOUDINI SAID...
[quote]
2) "I let a college kid punch me in the stomach, and he caught me wrong, and it's killing me."
[/quote]
THIS COULD SIMPLY BE A MATTER OF FACT PASSING STATEMENT, BUT DOES NOT REALLY SAY HOUDINI GAVE WHITEHEAD PERMISSION. OUR OPINION IS HOUDINI WAS TAKEN IN BY WHITEHEAD WHO HAD BAD INTENTIONS, THAT NO ONE REALLY SUSPECTED AT THE TIME.

THEN YOU SAY...
[quote]
Houdini had no idea when he said Gordon Whitehead could "test" his stomach muscles (Whitehead after feeling Houdini's stomach--which he said was "like a washboard" had asked if he could test Houdini's stomach muscles) that Whitehead would start punching almost immediately.
[/quote]
WHITEHEAD SET HIM UP BY BRINGING UP HOUDINI'S STRENGTH AND MALICIOUSLY JUMPED THE GUN KNOWING HOUDINI WAS NOT READY TO PURPOSELY HURT HOUDINI.


WE WERE THE SOMEONE WHO SAID THIS ON JOHN COX'S BLOG
[quote]
Over on John Cox's blog, someone (US) said: "J. Gordon Whitehead was a kook, and oddball, off beat, malcontent, religious nut, and weirdo. (This was even told by one of the witnesses.) Nothing whatever is known about Gordon Whitehead's religious beliefs or affiliations other than what one might assume from the question he asked Houdini about miracles in the Bible--which Houdini said he would prefer not to discuss. There is nothing to indicate he was a "religious nut."
[/quote]
IN DON BELL'S BOOK, WHICH WE FEEL WAS CAREFULLY AND WELL RESEARCHED MOST OF THE NEGATIVE ADJECTIVES ABOVE AND MANY MORE WERE BROUGHT OUT BY DIFFERENT WITNESSES, EXCEPT "RELIGIOUS NUT", WHICH WAS OUR CONCLUSION. HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR REASONS ALTHOUGH NOT ALL FOR THIS OPINION OF OURS. TWO YEARS AFTER HE BEAT UP HOUDINI HE WAS ARRESTED TWICE FOR SHOPLIFTING BOOKS. HE EVEN SERVED JAIL TIME FOR IT. ONE OF THE BOOKS HE NEEDED SO BAD THAT HE WOULD RISK JAIL FOR WAS A 100 PAGE BOOK ON THE MYSTICAL SUPERSTITIOUS AND ESOTERIC SUBJECT OF PALMISTRY. GO TO JAIL FOR THIS!

THE ONE WOMAN IN HIS LIFE THAT BELL WAS ABLE TO FIND,THAT WHITEHEAD LIVED THE LAST TWO YEARS OF HIS LIFE WITH WAS A BELIEVER IN NUMEROLOGY, SO MUCH SO THAT SHE COMPLETELY CHANGED HER NAME BECAUSE IT HAD BETTER VIBRATIONS, SHE ALSO BELIEVED IN ODDBALL CULTS AND STUFF. BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER, ETC.

ANOTHER LADY FRIEND SAID WHITEHEAD TOOK HER TO A DIANETICS LECTURE (THIS EVENTUALLY BECAME THE WACKO RELIGION OF SCIENTOLOGY.. . BELL, PAGE 128 "WHITEHEAD TOOK HER TO A LECTURE MORTON JAQUAYS GAVE ON DIANETICS," THIS WOULD HAVE PROBABLY HAVE BEEN IN THE EARLY 1950'S TOWARD THE END OF HIS LIFE. ) EVEN TO THE END WHITEHEAD WAS SEARCHING WIERD CULT STUFF. BELL... PAGE 130)

BELL...PAGE 96. IN TALKING TO WHITEHEAD'S OWN BROTHER WHO HE SAID WAS GIVING GUARDED ANSWERS., "WAS GORDON," I ASKED, "INVOLVED IN, OR WAS HE AT ALL INTERESTED IN, ESOTERIC THINGS, LIKE SPIRITUALISM, OR ASTROLOGY, THINGS LIKE THAT?" (EVEN SO, WHITEHEADS BROTHER REPLIES) "WELL, I'M SURE HE HAD A INTEREST IN THEM, YES, AND I'M SURE THAT PROBABLY THAT WAS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT DREW HIM TO HOUDINI, OR HOW HE WAS ABLE TO ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP WITH HOUDINI. HE PROBABLY DISCUSSED THAT SORT PF THING WITH HOUDINI"

AND OF COURSE, HE BARGED INTO A MAJOR STARS DRESSING ROOM, TOOK OVER AGGRESSIVELY, AND BADGERED HOUDINI WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT HOUDINI'S BIBLE BELIEFS. IT ALL CLEARLY ADDS UP.

THEN PAT SAYS...
[quote]
Whitehead was stalking Houdini the entire week Houdini was in Montreal. Stalking Houdini? What is the evidence for that?
[/quote]
HE SOUGHT HOUDINI OUT ALL WEEK,PROBABLY EVERY DAY. IS AN ACCEPTED FACT THAT HE BORROWED BOOKS FROM HOUDINI BEFORE THE DRESSING ROOM INCIDENT.. HE WENT TO HOUDINI'S LECTURE AT McGILL. HE SOUGHT HOUDINI OUT AT HOUDINI'S SECRET HOTEL, BUT WAS TURNED AWAY. THEN HE VISITED HOUDINI BACKSTAGE AND PUNCHED HIM. IT IS POSSIBLE HE MET HOUDINI AT THE THEATER BEFORE AS WELL. AND HE ALSO VISITED HOUDINI AT THE THEATER AFTER HE PUNCHED HIM BY HIS OWN ADMISSION. SORRY, BUT IT IS OUR OPINION HE WAS STALKING HOUDINI.

THEN PAT SAYS...
[quote]
"Later Whitehead bragged about what he had done." I can't find an instance of his mentioning to anyone that he was the guy that fatally punched Houdini--let alone bragged about it.
[/quote]
WE FOUND SOME!

BELL PAGE 63. "HE WAS A CRACKPOT," SMILEY SAID OVER THE PHONE, AS HE HAD DURING OUR FIRST INTERVIEW. "HE BOASTED THAT HE HAD HIT HOUDINI. HE BRAGGED ABOUT IT. HE DIDN'T SHOW ANY GREAT REMORSE."

BELL PAGE 111. "I SUDDENLY RECALLED SMILEY'S DESCRIPTION OF WHITEHEAD'S COCKINESS AND ARROGANCE, HIS IMPERTINENCE, HOW HE EVEN BOASTED TO THE LAWYER HARRY COHEN,"OH, IT WAS NOTHING.. LET ME SHOW YOU." THAT WITH HOUDINI WRITHING IN PAIN IN HOSPITAL IN DETROIT."

BELL... PAGE 137 WIFE'S OPINION IN RELATING THE STORY AS DIRECTLY TOLD TO THEM BY WHITEHEAD......"HE WANTED TO SHOW HOUDINI UP." LIKE "IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK? THEN I'LL SHOW YOU! AND OF COURSE HE DID HIT HIM."... WHAT HAPPENED WAS BECAUSE HOUDINI WASN'T PREPARED....." ... "BUT HE HIT HIM AT ONCE. ANYWAY, THAT'S THE WAY I REMEMBER THE STORY. DO PEOPLE REMEMBER IT DIFFERENTLY?..... "I FELT." JACK RODICK (HER HUSBAND) SAID, AS HE HAD BEFORE HIS WIFE CAME DOWNSTAIRS,"THAT AS A STUDENT HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN BRASH ABOUT THIS SORT OF ESCAPADE...." HIS WIFE SAYS "I'T'S TRUE, HE CERTAINLY DIDN'T HAVE ANY SENSE OF BRAVADO ABOUT IT, SHE AGREED, "NOT AT THE TIME WE KNEW HIM, BUT I IMAGINE HE WAS AGGRESSIVE AS A YOUNG MAN."




AND ONCE AGAIN
[quote]
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
[/quote]
AGAIN THAT BEGS THE QUESTION. WHAT DIDN'T WHITEHEAD KNOW? HOUDINI DOES NOT SAY! PLEASE TELL US IF YOU KNOW FOR SURE. AS I SAID DID HOUDINI MEAN WHITEHEAD DID NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS STOMACH PROBLEM? IT IS OUR OPINION HOUDINI MAY WELL HAVE HAD STOMACH PROBLEMS GOING INTO MONTREAL.
[/quote]

There is more as we answer other questions about our opinions and theories. True, Pat was not there and neither were we. It is wonderful that Don Bell took the time to write this book before every last person involved died. Including himself. I suggest every one get the book and read it for themselves. Or, read the various posts as per above.

MORE ON OUR RESEARCH TO FOLLOW. WE ARE CURRENTLY ON THE ROAD.

MEANWHILE CHECK OUT;

http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html
and
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html#comment-form

Dick Brookz & Dorothy Dietrich
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Jan 18, 2012 12:41PM)
Would anybody who has read the Don Bell book and who agrees with the Dick and Dorothy "theory"--and everybody has a right to a theory or opinion--care to add something to this thread?
Dick and Dorothy have successfully hijacked three threads with over a dozen links to the same pages on their website.
They have also hijacked Bell's book, for that matter.
I will never argue with anyone about this particular "theory" again.
It's fiction--just as most of Don Bell's book is just wondering "what if?"
There was no criminal case. Nothing criminal was reported by the two eyewitnesses.
every quoted word in the Dick and Dorothy theory is lifted out of context.
Never mind that they've made an assassin--who set out to "hurt" Houdini--out of Gordon Whitehead, they've made a mockery of Don Bell's research.
I'll put up a page or two on my site when I have time to write it.
Now there will probably be a reply to this reply, but, I'm done with this thread.
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Feb 2, 2012 02:57PM)
BTW, why are we leaving Joshua Jay out of this? After all, HE is the one who, on camera, articulated the whole manipulation of the affidavits idea which led the hanging DA to hang Bessie. And did Jay come up with this on his own, or did the show pass Dorothy and Dick's theory to him? Jay seems to have gotten a gigantic pass in all this.
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Feb 2, 2012 09:52PM)
With all due respect to Joshua Jay, he was a disgrace.
He and Scott Rolle spoke from a background of complete and utter ignorance.
I don't kinow who was telling them what to say (the comic book writer, Meltzer, who speculated Houdini might have been killed for spying on the Nazis?), but Rolle has not reviewed all the paperwork from the New York Life/Houdini double indemnity case--as I have--and Joshua said Houdini was "sitting down" and with that, he sat on a park bench. Everyone knows, Houdini was reclining on his dressing room sofa with his feet up.
How many of the rest of you have found the evidence that clears Gordon Whitehead in the Don Bell book?
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Feb 3, 2012 11:58AM)
Joshua Jay seems like a nice guy and his Tragic Magic lecture is supposed to be excellent, but lately he's been put forward as a Houdini expert (check out video tour he did for the Houdini Art and Magic exhibit) and he absolutely mutilates the facts. In one of the Art and Magic segments he actually says Houdini was born in America.
Message: Posted by: magicusb (Mar 1, 2013 05:18AM)
[quote]
On 2012-01-18 13:41, houdinisghost wrote:
Would anybody who has read the Don Bell book and who agrees with the Dick and Dorothy "theory"--and everybody has a right to a theory or opinion--care to add something to this thread?


They have also hijacked Bell's book, for that matter.
I will never argue with anyone about this particular "theory" again.
It's fiction--just as most of Don Bell's book is just wondering "what if?"
There was no criminal case. Nothing criminal was reported by the two eyewitnesses.
every quoted word in the Dick and Dorothy theory is lifted out of context.
Never mind that they've made an assassin--who set out to "hurt" Houdini--out of Gordon Whitehead, they've made a mockery of Don Bell's research.
I'll put up a page or two on my site when I have time to write it.
Now there will probably be a reply to this reply, but, I'm done with this thread.
[/quote]

A YEAR LATER AND NOTHING ON PAT CULLITON'S WEB SITE AS PROMISED.

PS We never said Whitehead was an assassin. Read our posts again or on our Houdini Museum web site.

We still stand by our beliefs and they still hold accurate.

Dick Brookz & Dorothy Dietrich
Listen to our new radio shows on WFTE FM at http://DorothyAndDick.com
Message: Posted by: MikeBeaudet (Aug 15, 2013 05:24PM)
I didn't have a chance to read Bell's book so my question could be stupid but did someone had a chance to review the Montreal's police report after the event in the theater ? This report is probably public in the police's archive in Montreal.
Message: Posted by: John Cox (Aug 15, 2013 10:57PM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-15 18:24, ThePhoenix wrote:
I didn't have a chance to read Bell's book so my question could be stupid but did someone had a chance to review the Montreal's police report after the event in the theater ? This report is probably public in the police's archive in Montreal.
[/quote]
There was no police report or police involvement. It wasn't considered a crime of any kind.
Message: Posted by: magic123 (Aug 16, 2013 08:38PM)
The Escapist Michael Lee conveyed to me a conversation he had w/ Mr. Sid Radner some time ago in the conversation Mr..Radner believed that there was a simple ' Contract " put
out on Houdini. ( No Big Deal This type of thing is done to this day MORE THAN most could EVER imagine ) Whether or not you want to Believe it , Houdidni through his lectures had Shacken up the Spiritualism tree in the WORST Possible way - by denouncing all spiritualist and Mediums as Frauds.

Not Unlike JFkennedy who was attempting to stop a War ( a No , No to the "lifers " in Wash ) While we still coutinue to believe a Little twerp like Oswald was able carrying out a a Mission like this .. In all honesty it was without a doubt a much bigger endevor that what Oswald was able to ever concoct, Let alone carry out.
The Proof In the pudding was JG WHitehead was a huge supporter of the spiritualistic movement and as Michael lee said "Spititualism was in the 20 -30s what Eveangualism movement is Today " ( Think about it )
Mr.Lee , Sidney Radner and I believe Norm Bigelow believe that this was Not an accident . but quite calulcated & like a Military mission carried out ... to its Fatal Conclusion.

m123
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Aug 16, 2013 09:39PM)
Bell's book completely exonerates Gordon Whitehead.
Naming Sid Radner and Norm Bigelow as your fellow experts in your nonsensical "Houdini was murdered" theory adds nothing to your credibility, but, it does bolster your lack of credibility.
To all sane observers: who, but, Dick, Dorothy, Norm, and (to hear them tell it)Sid, ever heard of "assassinating" someone by punching him in the stomach?
I repeat, Bell's book completely exonerates Whitehead.
Message: Posted by: magic123 (Aug 27, 2013 08:59AM)
Lack of Credibility - Good One !
and The Chinese & Japanese have never had a knowledge of medicine
let alone of Martial arts for thousands of Yrs !

( The shere Ingorance here W O W !!! )

Common Patrick Admit that No Boxer was ever Trained
to Inflict Pain , let alone Severe Damage to an opponent, tell me it was never done ?


Bottom line No one Knows what did ol Harry in and We would all like to know the facts
,But my bet is "He Opened his mouth one to many times
( Thus Preventing certin People from making a living ) and a decision was made
to close it one way or another.



m123
Message: Posted by: Ian McColl (Aug 27, 2013 08:41PM)
[quote]
On 2013-08-16 21:38, magic123 wrote:
The Escapist Michael Lee conveyed to me [/quote]
so you are talking to yourself..again..
Message: Posted by: houdinisghost (Aug 27, 2013 11:42PM)
"Bottom line No one Knows what did ol Harry in and We would all like to know the facts. . ."

Dick, Dorothy, I know "what did ol Harry in" and I know all the facts.
Patrick Culliton
Message: Posted by: mtpascoe (Jun 14, 2016 04:08AM)
According to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3182788/

The initial search returned 381 papers, of which 17 articles were included. We found 28 cases of acute appendicitis secondary to blunt abdominal trauma reported in the literature between 1991 and 2009. Mechanisms of injury included road-traffic accidents, falls, assaults and accidents. Presenting symptoms invariably included abdominal pain, but also nausea, vomiting and anorexia. Only 12 patients had computed tomography scans and 10 patients had ultrasonography. All reported treatment was surgical and positive for appendicitis.

CONCLUSIONS

Although rare, the diagnosis of acute appendicitis must be considered following direct abdominal trauma especially if the patient complains of abdominal right lower quadrant pain, nausea and anorexia

(Also)

The cause of the trauma and mechanism of injury must create a force which is capable of reaching the appendix.
Message: Posted by: Slim King (Oct 22, 2018 11:43PM)
[quote]On Jan 14, 2012, houdinisghost wrote:
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
from an interview with Sophia Robart (Sophie Rosenblatt) in the Milwaukee Journal, April 5, 1931 [/quote] I'm now more confused than ever about his death.
Message: Posted by: Slim King (Oct 22, 2018 11:53PM)
[quote]On Jan 18, 2012, magicusb wrote:
Shows how easy it is to blurt something out that might be misunderstood. I mentioned three copies of the book show how important we feel Pat's body of work is though we may not always agree.

Pat is correct three copies were in fact bought by three different entities, at three different addresses. Each a different babkaccount. SFull retail for each, did not ask for a discount, and that was not at the special pre-publication price, either. Dorothy Dietrich bought one for the house library, I bought one for our warehouse, where I do my "crazy" research, and one went to the Houdini Museum, in case customers want answers to specific questions.It has a great index. I dislike books without an index as it makes tins easy to search out. Each book is nicely inscribed to each separate entity by Pat. None are for sale, and never will be till it is all over. We also have three copies of his two previous big Houdini books that we paid top prices for in the same three locations for the same reason.

Pat:
We could not find Daisy White on your site but did find one in your book "The Key". I have since found two others. Found Hilton, the mystery lady, and Lillian on your site.

Did not find Sophie Rosenblatt, or info about her, like was she married, any children, etc.

I will now answer the questions your pose to us above via small parts of our long "Dick Brookz - Dorothy Dietrich Houdini Death Theory" more parts of it can be seen at

http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html
and
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html#comment-form






THIS IS ANSWER TO SEVERAL QUESTIONS. PLEASE REMEMBER DON BELL WAS A DEDICATED PERSON WHO WORKED PROFESSIONALLY AS A WRITER.

we will put our answers in CAPS.
[quote]
On 2012-01-14 19:47, houdinisghost wrote:

1) "I'll put up the true story, as soon as I finish it, on houdinisghost.com."
[/quote]
PLEASE DO

YOU SAID HOUDINI SAID...
[quote]
2) "I let a college kid punch me in the stomach, and he caught me wrong, and it's killing me."
[/quote]
THIS COULD SIMPLY BE A MATTER OF FACT PASSING STATEMENT, BUT DOES NOT REALLY SAY HOUDINI GAVE WHITEHEAD PERMISSION. OUR OPINION IS HOUDINI WAS TAKEN IN BY WHITEHEAD WHO HAD BAD INTENTIONS, THAT NO ONE REALLY SUSPECTED AT THE TIME.

THEN YOU SAY...
[quote]
Houdini had no idea when he said Gordon Whitehead could "test" his stomach muscles (Whitehead after feeling Houdini's stomach--which he said was "like a washboard" had asked if he could test Houdini's stomach muscles) that Whitehead would start punching almost immediately.
[/quote]
WHITEHEAD SET HIM UP BY BRINGING UP HOUDINI'S STRENGTH AND MALICIOUSLY JUMPED THE GUN KNOWING HOUDINI WAS NOT READY TO PURPOSELY HURT HOUDINI.


WE WERE THE SOMEONE WHO SAID THIS ON JOHN COX'S BLOG
[quote]
Over on John Cox's blog, someone (US) said: "J. Gordon Whitehead was a kook, and oddball, off beat, malcontent, religious nut, and weirdo. (This was even told by one of the witnesses.) Nothing whatever is known about Gordon Whitehead's religious beliefs or affiliations other than what one might assume from the question he asked Houdini about miracles in the Bible--which Houdini said he would prefer not to discuss. There is nothing to indicate he was a "religious nut."
[/quote]
IN DON BELL'S BOOK, WHICH WE FEEL WAS CAREFULLY AND WELL RESEARCHED MOST OF THE NEGATIVE ADJECTIVES ABOVE AND MANY MORE WERE BROUGHT OUT BY DIFFERENT WITNESSES, EXCEPT "RELIGIOUS NUT", WHICH WAS OUR CONCLUSION. HERE ARE A FEW OF OUR REASONS ALTHOUGH NOT ALL FOR THIS OPINION OF OURS. TWO YEARS AFTER HE BEAT UP HOUDINI HE WAS ARRESTED TWICE FOR SHOPLIFTING BOOKS. HE EVEN SERVED JAIL TIME FOR IT. ONE OF THE BOOKS HE NEEDED SO BAD THAT HE WOULD RISK JAIL FOR WAS A 100 PAGE BOOK ON THE MYSTICAL SUPERSTITIOUS AND ESOTERIC SUBJECT OF PALMISTRY. GO TO JAIL FOR THIS!

THE ONE WOMAN IN HIS LIFE THAT BELL WAS ABLE TO FIND,THAT WHITEHEAD LIVED THE LAST TWO YEARS OF HIS LIFE WITH WAS A BELIEVER IN NUMEROLOGY, SO MUCH SO THAT SHE COMPLETELY CHANGED HER NAME BECAUSE IT HAD BETTER VIBRATIONS, SHE ALSO BELIEVED IN ODDBALL CULTS AND STUFF. BIRDS OF A FEATHER FLOCK TOGETHER, ETC.

ANOTHER LADY FRIEND SAID WHITEHEAD TOOK HER TO A DIANETICS LECTURE (THIS EVENTUALLY BECAME THE WACKO RELIGION OF SCIENTOLOGY.. . BELL, PAGE 128 "WHITEHEAD TOOK HER TO A LECTURE MORTON JAQUAYS GAVE ON DIANETICS," THIS WOULD HAVE PROBABLY HAVE BEEN IN THE EARLY 1950'S TOWARD THE END OF HIS LIFE. ) EVEN TO THE END WHITEHEAD WAS SEARCHING WIERD CULT STUFF. BELL... PAGE 130)

BELL...PAGE 96. IN TALKING TO WHITEHEAD'S OWN BROTHER WHO HE SAID WAS GIVING GUARDED ANSWERS., "WAS GORDON," I ASKED, "INVOLVED IN, OR WAS HE AT ALL INTERESTED IN, ESOTERIC THINGS, LIKE SPIRITUALISM, OR ASTROLOGY, THINGS LIKE THAT?" (EVEN SO, WHITEHEADS BROTHER REPLIES) "WELL, I'M SURE HE HAD A INTEREST IN THEM, YES, AND I'M SURE THAT PROBABLY THAT WAS ONE OF THE THINGS THAT DREW HIM TO HOUDINI, OR HOW HE WAS ABLE TO ESTABLISH A RELATIONSHIP WITH HOUDINI. HE PROBABLY DISCUSSED THAT SORT PF THING WITH HOUDINI"

AND OF COURSE, HE BARGED INTO A MAJOR STARS DRESSING ROOM, TOOK OVER AGGRESSIVELY, AND BADGERED HOUDINI WITH QUESTIONS ABOUT HOUDINI'S BIBLE BELIEFS. IT ALL CLEARLY ADDS UP.

THEN PAT SAYS...
[quote]
Whitehead was stalking Houdini the entire week Houdini was in Montreal. Stalking Houdini? What is the evidence for that?
[/quote]
HE SOUGHT HOUDINI OUT ALL WEEK,PROBABLY EVERY DAY. IS AN ACCEPTED FACT THAT HE BORROWED BOOKS FROM HOUDINI BEFORE THE DRESSING ROOM INCIDENT.. HE WENT TO HOUDINI'S LECTURE AT McGILL. HE SOUGHT HOUDINI OUT AT HOUDINI'S SECRET HOTEL, BUT WAS TURNED AWAY. THEN HE VISITED HOUDINI BACKSTAGE AND PUNCHED HIM. IT IS POSSIBLE HE MET HOUDINI AT THE THEATER BEFORE AS WELL. AND HE ALSO VISITED HOUDINI AT THE THEATER AFTER HE PUNCHED HIM BY HIS OWN ADMISSION. SORRY, BUT IT IS OUR OPINION HE WAS STALKING HOUDINI.

THEN PAT SAYS...
[quote]
"Later Whitehead bragged about what he had done." I can't find an instance of his mentioning to anyone that he was the guy that fatally punched Houdini--let alone bragged about it.
[/quote]
WE FOUND SOME!

BELL PAGE 63. "HE WAS A CRACKPOT," SMILEY SAID OVER THE PHONE, AS HE HAD DURING OUR FIRST INTERVIEW. "HE BOASTED THAT HE HAD HIT HOUDINI. HE BRAGGED ABOUT IT. HE DIDN'T SHOW ANY GREAT REMORSE."

BELL PAGE 111. "I SUDDENLY RECALLED SMILEY'S DESCRIPTION OF WHITEHEAD'S COCKINESS AND ARROGANCE, HIS IMPERTINENCE, HOW HE EVEN BOASTED TO THE LAWYER HARRY COHEN,"OH, IT WAS NOTHING.. LET ME SHOW YOU." THAT WITH HOUDINI WRITHING IN PAIN IN HOSPITAL IN DETROIT."

BELL... PAGE 137 WIFE'S OPINION IN RELATING THE STORY AS DIRECTLY TOLD TO THEM BY WHITEHEAD......"HE WANTED TO SHOW HOUDINI UP." LIKE "IS THAT WHAT YOU THINK? THEN I'LL SHOW YOU! AND OF COURSE HE DID HIT HIM."... WHAT HAPPENED WAS BECAUSE HOUDINI WASN'T PREPARED....." ... "BUT HE HIT HIM AT ONCE. ANYWAY, THAT'S THE WAY I REMEMBER THE STORY. DO PEOPLE REMEMBER IT DIFFERENTLY?..... "I FELT." JACK RODICK (HER HUSBAND) SAID, AS HE HAD BEFORE HIS WIFE CAME DOWNSTAIRS,"THAT AS A STUDENT HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN BRASH ABOUT THIS SORT OF ESCAPADE...." HIS WIFE SAYS "I'T'S TRUE, HE CERTAINLY DIDN'T HAVE ANY SENSE OF BRAVADO ABOUT IT, SHE AGREED, "NOT AT THE TIME WE KNEW HIM, BUT I IMAGINE HE WAS AGGRESSIVE AS A YOUNG MAN."




AND ONCE AGAIN
[quote]
"Houdini's first thought on coming out of the anesthetic," says Miss Robart, was for the boy who had punched him in the belly. "Don't let them blame that poor kid," he said, "he didn't know."
[/quote]
AGAIN THAT BEGS THE QUESTION. WHAT DIDN'T WHITEHEAD KNOW? HOUDINI DOES NOT SAY! PLEASE TELL US IF YOU KNOW FOR SURE. AS I SAID DID HOUDINI MEAN WHITEHEAD DID NOT KNOW ABOUT HIS STOMACH PROBLEM? IT IS OUR OPINION HOUDINI MAY WELL HAVE HAD STOMACH PROBLEMS GOING INTO MONTREAL.
[/quote]

There is more as we answer other questions about our opinions and theories. True, Pat was not there and neither were we. It is wonderful that Don Bell took the time to write this book before every last person involved died. Including himself. I suggest every one get the book and read it for themselves. Or, read the various posts as per above.

MORE ON OUR RESEARCH TO FOLLOW. WE ARE CURRENTLY ON THE ROAD.

MEANWHILE CHECK OUT;

http://houdini.org/houdinimurdered.html
and
http://www.wildabouthoudini.com/2012/01/decoding-decoded.html#comment-form

Dick Brookz & Dorothy Dietrich [/quote] I'm looking for photos of Daisy White .. Can you help me?
Message: Posted by: Slim King (Oct 23, 2018 05:15PM)
Thanks for the pointer!!!!! :sun: