(Close Window)
Topic: Dirk Arthur bird act
Just found this on youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqxbkrXZGFc&feature=plcp&context=C3f4be81UDOEgsToPDskJJlPDLV_ZZjeUFJy7uvPhh
unfortunately without the sound...

I found this act really original, wich is not so often with birds acts...
Some very clever stuff, like this opening production with the top hat.

It seems it is Ken Withacker act. Anyone knows the story? Did Arthur bought the act from Withacker?
Wao .. are the birds bigger than the ones we use or I'm just imagining .. I jumeped out of my chair watching the first production ... amazing quality and quantity ...
It's fan-tail pigeons... Much bigger than doves !
Wow--that is one young Dirk Arthur! Based on his bell-bottom pants, I"m guessing that video is from the mid-70s.

His stuff with the rolled-up cone was a bit dodgy, but all-in-all it was a good, commercial act.
Fantastic act! Thanks for sharing
Thanks so much for sharing this clip. I really enjoyed it! The production of all those pigeons from the plastic cone was just great!!!! Joel
Yes, this act was so good he was on Bill & Milt Larsen's 'IT'S MAGIC' show with it... (in the 1970's, as well)
That was one amazing bird act...
I thought that Dirk Arthur was doing Illusions only!

His dove work is spectacular indeed. I never saw something so original!

ARNOMAGIE, many thanks for the link.

Falconer
I saw an act similar to this in Feb. 15, 1982 at the Magic Castle. The young kid wore a mov color suit and he produced doves. I really liked his Cornucopia of colored doves. It was really something to see the birds bubble up out of the large paper cone. His silk splits were also mov color but 36" silks, sort of a pink with purple mix of color.

Don't know if this was the same person, but I really enjoyed the live act.
Wmhegbli

I imagine that was something very spectacular to you see the young Dirk Arthur many years ago!

In fact, his silk splits with 36" was beautiful like the birds that come out of the latge paper cone!

Falconer