(Close Window)
Topic: THE VAULT from Jamie D. Grant. A new deck protector and card guard.
Hiya Gang!

Anyone who is familiar with my work and art knows how much I love design. With my [url=http://blog.sendwonder.com/p/store.html]"Anything Is Possible" bottle[/url] and [url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.com/2001/07/industrial-revelation.html]Industrial Revelation[/url], I've always tried to marry function with simplicity while, at the same time, trying to inspire and help people Send Wonder. So, in an effort to give my wonderful IR clients a hand, I have created...

[b]The Vault[/b]

Be warned, you're going to be shocked about how long I can ramble on about a simple piece of brass (what the final product will be made of) so you might want to go grab a coffee, lol.

Whenever I design something, I always ask, [i]"First and foremost, what is it for?"[/i] This is easy, as The Vault:

[b]Helps extend the life of cardboxes.[/b] This stemmed from two experiences. The first is that, because of its weight, Industrial Revelation has a tend to be a bit rougher on cardboxes than normal. It's not a big deal to replace a card box every now and then, but why not help it along if we can provide a cool accessory? The second experience is that I've been doing a lot of custom AIP bottle work for companies such as Theory 11, David Blaine, and Ellusionist, who provide absolutely stunning decks of cards. Traditionally, card cases leave 3 open sides, which I never completely understood. With the Vault, there is now only two open, and the short ends overhang a bit! Just enough to offer all around protection!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PrmO5S1lIqg/TxDZhin5V0I/AAAAAAAACLg/d3n_MgyZFTQ/s320/Card+Clip.JPG[/img]

Next, I'll ask, [i]"What's the simplest way to do the task?"[/i]

2) [b]After dozens of prototypes, this is the clear winner.[/b] The channel down the back lets you get a good grip with your thumb or forefinger and allows just enough of the case to shine through. I'm super happy with it!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9tkjOfweF0U/TxDZXyxoHbI/AAAAAAAACLY/u01AW3HXQe0/s320/Card+Clip+Protector.JPG[/img]

Finally, the question comes through of, [i]"What else can it do?"[/i]

3) [b]That's where the two slits and the channel come in.[/b] I thought that, aside from making it feel more like a vault (I have no idea why it does, but the two slits really help me with that image. Maybe, in my mind, that's where money would be deposited?) wouldn't it be a cool option if you could perform Industrial Revelation while it's still in the guard? And, if you pull your cards out, what about having the ability to use The Vault as a stand for a prediction card, or your business card? Ideas abound!

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NxdbTrZMp58/TxDZqA5NB4I/AAAAAAAACLo/XOxuWhJyesI/s320/Card+Guard.JPG[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Q_enYAb5TnI/TxDZx6cfUqI/AAAAAAAACLw/lErAvJQ_ZjU/s320/Clip+Card.JPG[/img]

So there you have it. I'm just waiting for my shipment of brass to come in, and then to road test it to make sure it works perfectly. Like everything I do, it won't be cheap (why don't I learn to create art out of paper or something, lol), but it should last forever. Like a beautiful set of cups and balls- but for your cards. I'm hoping to have the price at around $42. We'll see!

Thanks for reading!

Send Wonder,

jamie
Like it Jamie!
Does look good with a lot of potential
I have seen card protectors for sale from other magic retailers and thought "why spend money on another piece of magic when I can just buy another pack of cards so cheaply?" , BUT... I actually like your idea here Jamie and if it's not ridiculously priced I will probably get one from you. I have only purchased Industrial Revelation from you and I will say it's the best quality magic product I have purchased to date.

A question, do you fabricate these items yourself?
[quote]
On 2012-01-14 17:32, gary31525 wrote:

A question, do you fabricate these items yourself?
[/quote]

I sure do. Everything is handmade by me and my team in Vancouver, Canada. I really believe in being able to quality control, and take responsibility for your product, yourself!
Jamie,
When do you expect these to be available?

Sammy
All this talk of the Vault and IR is getting me super excited. Still waiting for mine to come in the mail.

Time seems to have slowed down!
It looks very good to me.
Will be picking one up when they become available!

RevJohn
I see this Vault apparatus to be a great device to increase the life of the IR card box. I will be buying one!
Brass if a very soft metal. I would be curious to see how these brass made card guards hold up to the rigors of magic life?
Jamie, congratulations to your vault. Looks cool and looks indeed a more protective design than the typical card guard.

I hope this is not inappropriate to mention here, but I have been thinking about a 'better card guard' for several years. I wrote about this in my newsletter. My own solution goes into a very different direction than your vault and the traditional card guard. My main problem with the standard card guard, and I am afraid your vault doesn't change that, is that it only works for a standard deck. It doesn't protect a deck that is short of cards and it also does not protect a deck that is loaded with additional cards. So unless you have your standard deck you are pretty much out of luck. My solution to this problem are the Shuber Plates. They give up a bit in protection but gain a huge amount in flexibility. One can protect anything from a single card up to two decks, plus a load of other possibilities and uses.

More on the Shuber Plates can be found here http://www.lybrary.com/shuber-plates-p-132659.html
How to make your own pocket card press with it you can see here http://www.lybrary.com/the-many-uses-of-the-shuber-plates-a-17.html
Weird, but somehow intriguing... It's kinda like seeing a Pepsi commercial inside a Coke commercial.... (wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma?!) ;)

:bg:

Jim
[quote]
On 2012-01-15 15:24, Chris wrote:
Jamie, congratulations to your vault. Looks cool and looks indeed a more protective design than the typical card guard.

I hope this is not inappropriate to mention here, but I have been thinking about a 'better card guard' for several years.[/quote]

Sure seems inappropriate to me. Start your own thread if you want to promote your product.

Sammy
Looks very nice...I'll expect mine to be hand delivered though :)
[quote]

I hope this is not inappropriate to mention here, but I have been thinking about a 'better card guard' for several years. I wrote about this in my newsletter. My own solution goes into a very different direction than your vault and the traditional card guard. My main problem with the standard card guard, and I am afraid your vault doesn't change that, is that it only works for a standard deck. It doesn't protect a deck that is short of cards and it also does not protect a deck that is loaded with additional cards. So unless you have your standard deck you are pretty much out of luck. My solution to this problem are the Shuber Plates. They give up a bit in protection but gain a huge amount in flexibility. One can protect anything from a single card up to two decks, plus a load of other possibilities and uses.

More on the Shuber Plates can be found here http://www.lybrary.com/shuber-plates-p-132659.html
How to make your own pocket card press with it you can see here http://www.lybrary.com/the-many-uses-of-the-shuber-plates-a-17.html
[/quote]

To respond to your initial query - this is an inappropriate post.
It sure would help if we were able to (delete) our posts. Sammy would have probably done that by now. Being able to (Like) a post is a great option was well. Hope these come to this Forum soon.

That being said, I (LIKE) the Vault!!!!!
Maybe there is value on a card guard, but to spend $40 to protect a $2 product that wears because of the way it is used not keep, not sure about the rationale, and to use this guard to protect the box of the IR, sounds like an overkill, but maybe this is a niche product that have their fans.
[quote]
On 2012-01-16 12:12, Card Mechanic wrote:
It sure would help if we were able to (delete) our posts. Sammy would have probably done that by now. Being able to (Like) a post is a great option was well. Hope these come to this Forum soon.

[/quote]

Sammy?? Why would he want to delete his post? I must be missing something. :confused:

Jim
[quote]
On 2012-01-16 15:28, J-Mac wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

Sammy?? Why would he want to delete his post? I must be missing something. :confused:

Jim
[/quote]

I'm no mindreader (wait a minute...I am!), but I believe he meant "Chris," not "Sammy."
I'm no mindreader (wait a minute...I am!), but I believe he meant "Chris," not "Sammy."
[/quote]

LOL Eric!

Sammy
[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

Jim
[/quote]

I meant Chris :O)

Thanks for catching that.
[quote]

[/quote]

Totally inappropriate post.
Terribly crass actually, very low brow.
Posting here, as you have makes you appear to be lacking in some extremely fundamental social (and internet) graces.
Im looking forward to this. It seems strange and useful. It will certainly add to the wonder and bewilderment left on a spectator as they frustrate over what they just experienced with IR. Cool stuff, Jamie!

Chris- swing and miss with that post. Not winning.
[quote]
On 2012-01-16 21:54, Card Mechanic wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

Jim
[/quote]

I meant Chris :O)

Thanks for catching that.
[/quote]

Sorry.... I do find myself in the occasional pedantic mood now and then... :bg:

Jim
Here's some updates!

I received some brass so we've got a final material prototype. Now I just have to carry it in my pocket for a month and see how it wears. In the meantime, we're working on metalworking the die (this is the expensive part) to make sure the dimensions are exact for each one. And then there's the finish (which is a surprise but will look awesome!!!)

[b]Front[/b]
[i]It's starting to look like a Vault now that it's in brass! I love the IR cutouts (even for just a regular deck!)[/i]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-idhHyc6DTJU/TxdJ-h7NNxI/AAAAAAAACMA/m5g2wP0M2_0/s320/Vault2.JPG[/img]

[b]Back[/b]
[i]Just enough space, via the thumb/index finger slot, to know which deck is on there, lol![/i]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-a_JWVpIoS58/TxdJ3E_Yv7I/AAAAAAAACL4/x98zLIk-mQ8/s320/Vault.JPG[/img]

[b]The Stand[/b]
W[i]orking on a table? It's fairly easy to stand up a prediction card![/i]
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oHcu7r2narM/TxdKHzLvu9I/AAAAAAAACMI/UCZLo-liAMM/s320/Vault3.JPG[/img]

I'll check back in a couple of weeks and see how it's wearing down (the material, not the deck. The deck test can't be done until the die is made).

Thanks for looking!

~jamie
It's absolutely beautiful. I will definitely be getting one.
Well done, Congratulations,
Charle
Very very nice jamie I will be getting one also.
I got the IR from you at Live and love it. I will definitely be placing an order for a vault. My mind has already began to process some routines for standard decks too. This has possibilities!
Thanks againd Jamie for another fine product.

- Brian
....still waiting for my IR in the mail... (thumbs twiddling)...
[quote]
On 2012-01-19 23:40, sketchomagic wrote:
[/quote]

Lol, almost there. My next mail out should be the middle of next week. I'm actually super happy that we've always managed to get everything mailed out within two weeks of purchase. It's way harder than it sounds, lol!
[quote]
On 2012-01-20 01:42, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-01-19 23:40, sketchomagic wrote:
[/quote]

Lol, almost there. My next mail out should be the middle of next week. I'm actually super happy that we've always managed to get everything mailed out within two weeks of purchase. It's way harder than it sounds, lol!
[/quote]

Aha! No sweat Mr. Grant. I don't mind waiting for something this awesome. Thanks for the update though! Most appreciated! My B-day is next week actually on the 25th so no matter day it comes, I'm gonna celebrate the rest of the month once my IR arrives!
Quick update! I'm happy with how the Vault is protecting the box! I'm not too sure how much it's keeping them flat (I know that's a priority for some) but it's doing the job I made it for rather well (stabilizing the box and looking cool!). Next step is to see if I can make the image on the brass look good (still a surprise as to what it's going to be).

Thanks for letting me show you guys this stuff! It's fun to be able to let people in on the process!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wB2ooHjxpIk/TzMg943_2oI/AAAAAAAACN4/IRVr60F78HE/s320/photo%2837%29+copy+2.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1468Rz7pOvc/TzMgro_p9VI/AAAAAAAACNw/oJsdNZNGFsY/s320/photo%2834%29+copy+6.JPG[/img]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NQ8BU6pMFbc/TzMgRk4NhII/AAAAAAAACNo/3J238SDRcVs/s320/photo%2838%29+copy.JPG[/img]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-KZJfGtr7e68/TzMhMPLV39I/AAAAAAAACOA/wgVUW4Gfrtw/s320/photo%2840%29.JPG[/img]

~jamie
Saw the prototype this week.....this thing is bulletproof - literally, it can stop a bullet!

***QUALIFIER TO THIS POST***

Please note that firing a weapon at a deck of cards is not a good idea and should never be done, unless under the direct supervision of a camera crew, catering/food services, and at least a half-dozen magic consultants (oh, and only in Vegas). In other words, I got in a lot of trouble for testing my theory ;)
Beautiful work here Jamie! I'm going to order two of them.
Here's to your continued success sir. :applause:
Very nice jamie
ill be ordering one also.
todd
Very cool looking, but if it is used to house an IR deck isn't it just adding more weight to an already "hefty" prop?

Sammy
This looks it will be another winner from JDG. Congratulations on providing yet another fine product to the magic community.

jeff
[quote]
On 2012-02-08 23:57, Sammy J. wrote:
Very cool looking, but if it is used to house an IR deck isn't it just adding more weight to an already "hefty" prop?

Sammy
[/quote]

Didn't get to edit this post because Jeff posted behind it immediately.

My comment was just regarding using it to house an IR deck. If not used for that, I see applications for it's use.

Sammy
Hiya Sammy!

I originally designed it for those who have an IR and toss it in their bag (where it can bounce around a bit). Just as something cool to help protect the box, with the option of performing IR while it's still in the Vault. I love it so much, though, that I've been using it for my regular deck as well! I need to make some more prototypes, lol.

And our test to see if the paisley print would work on a brass plate came out so well today (this was our secret design)!! We did half brown/half black to see which one we like better before we try it on the prototype.

[b]Which one do you guys like better?[/b]
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UZkh7iO4twI/TzSVCLDHwOI/AAAAAAAACOg/ZSdgHbqX_EU/s320/Paisley.JPG[/img]
Black is on the left/brown is on the right.

So excited,

jamie
I personaly like the black jamie. but either color would be great.
todd
Getting closer! The Damask pattern has been applied to the steel prototype. It'll look much better on the final brass, though. I'm also leaning towards the brown as it's a bit subtler...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Uz6Dk6iWxAY/TzaR8epzHxI/AAAAAAAACOo/12c_ZjaIkCU/s320/Vault+Prototype.jpg[/img]
I'm liking this a lot with the pattern.
[quote]
On 2012-02-11 11:08, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
I'm also leaning towards the brown as it's a bit subtler...
[/quote]

Either will be fine, just let me know when I can order one!!!
My vote is for the black one, but like everyone has said, either would be great. Can't wait to order one of these !

Bob
I would like to keep my IR in a black vault!
The brown one has mine vote !
Jamie, that is a beautiful piece of work my friend! I like it much better now. :D
That brass will take on a natural patina with age.
That's why I'm going with black.
Will an option to buy a Solid Brass (Non-Design) Vault be available??

Although I like the design, it may be a bit too busy for the spectator to focus on where the coin is going into the slot. The Cardbox and Vault Design seems to "intermesh" with each other and spectators may speculate that the penetration had something to do with the design camouflaging the secret.

Just my thoughts.

As a Card Guard... (if it indeed can keep the cards flat as a Card Guard is suppose to)... I think it is spectacular and unique.
Looks awesome Jamie!. How can I make my order?
Hurrah!

The die is made and is beautiful. Basically, it's almost impossible to make sharp corners by hand- you just can't get the pressure to make sharp bends, so a die has to be made. This is very expensive (I don't want to talk about it, lol), and takes a very gifted person to make it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tool_and_die_maker

Luckily, I work with the best! As you can see from the picture below, the die makes a HUGE difference...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZVMEAnFP-E/T1FkY7eJPFI/AAAAAAAACPQ/XAC4J4fx-0g/s320/photo%252840%2529+copy.JPG[/img]

The top Vault was the design prototype that we made by bending it by hand. If you look closely, you can see that the box is held in by the corners- not a great design, as it'll scrape the corners of the box as it goes in and out:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-x_TvfJ2t8kg/T1FkoixmwZI/AAAAAAAACPY/gALI5Z1KPd0/s320/photo%2839%29+copy.JPG[/img]

The bottom one, however, is a Vault made with the die. The difference is unbelievable as you can see that the box is now held in by the flat of the box because the corners are now sharp! Hurrah!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ys4CYx4X5vM/T1FkxDCtGBI/AAAAAAAACPg/SiNFOiGAX8g/s320/photo%2838%29+copy+2.JPG[/img]

Now I go back to the application of the Damask Pattern and make sure the application and clearcoat won't affect the brass (we have to apply the pattern by using over 200lbs of pressure). After that, I'll finalize the packaging and pricing and we should be good to go!

I hope you guys don't mind me posting about how all of this works. I thought it would be interesting to give you some insight into what actually happens when trying to create a product from start to finish. I can talk about design for days! There's probably 1 more month to go.

My best,

jamie
Looking forward to it jamie.
Excellent idea, Jamie! I'll be getting The Vault when available.
Thanks for all the hard work!
[quote]
On 2012-02-11 22:52, Salby wrote:
Will an option to buy a Solid Brass (Non-Design) Vault be available??

Although I like the design, it may be a bit too busy for the spectator to focus on where the coin is going into the slot. The Cardbox and Vault Design seems to "intermesh" with each other and spectators may speculate that the penetration had something to do with the design camouflaging the secret.

Just my thoughts.

As a Card Guard... (if it indeed can keep the cards flat as a Card Guard is suppose to)... I think it is spectacular and unique.
[/quote]
I also like the solid brass (no-design).
That is one of the best-looking card guard I've ever seen. I thought we would never see something as cool as that!

Oh, what's the price tag are we looking at Jamie? And how heavy is it?

Mine is nicely tucked into a leather poker card case with the JOL symbol. Pretty neat.
Any further word on when these might be available? They look fantastic, Jamie!

Jim
Yup, it looks really pretty. Perhaps for IR owners, we would get a little discount? *grins*
I am COMPLETELY down for the discount idea! GOOD thinking!
Lol,

I would LOVE to, but I'm afraid not. My pricing is such that I can't even wholesale. Same as IR. Boooo.

So it's looking like it will come in at around $48 + shipping. I need to start making paper tricks or something with a little less overhead, lol. And we're getting closer- I'd say a couple more weeks. As you know, I've never believed in pre-orders or selling something until I have a bunch of working units in my hand and ready to go.

Anyways, thanks for letting me post this journey- it's been amazing! You kind of think, ah, it's just a piece of metal, but there is so much that goes into designing something from scratch. This is today's itinerary for example:

Go to the secret shop location and pick up the brass.
Take it to the waterjetters - who cut it to perfect shape.
Back to the shop and drop it off and check on the die refinements.
Go to the gentleman who's doing the design, and make sure the application process is okay for brass (he lives a town away).
Back to the secret shop to measure and compare.
Off to the box company to see how I can ship.
Over to Michael's for cool packaging ideas.
And then I'll have lunch, lol.

Fun times!

~jamie
Looks fantastic Jamie! Congratulations and best of luck on the release.

Cheers,
y.
My vote goes to the brown damask Jamie... but, as someone else asked, will the option of plain brass be available too?
Thanks gang!

As for no pattern- I'm sure at some point, but not right off the bat. I'll probably have them without the slits, as well, but as you can see it's just too many options for me to deal with in the beginning, lol. I'll be making them with the brown damask, seeing how it looks like on the brass, and then start selling those until we get some reviews in. Who knows? It's possible that I might be the only one that loves the design. I need you guys to be the judge first, before I get too far ahead of myself.

~jdg
It's done!! Hurrah! Get ready for a lot of pictures, lol.

And, after the damask, we managed to give it a UV clear coat- and it worked wonderfully. The die is perfect and everything looks like we're ready to start production. As of now, I'm hoping for an official release of...

The Vault

Release: March.31.
Price: $48 + $7 shipping, anywhere in the world.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3FxZXyrE8lQ/T11D0tj1hjI/AAAAAAAACP4/N13zG5N1E08/s320/Vault1.JPG[/img]
[i]~every Vault will come in a small bag that looks like a Turkish rug, great to hold your quarter for your IR, or for display~[/i]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iYjB-z-GrpM/T11D9wpa-eI/AAAAAAAACQA/9cLt5HFhN-Q/s320/Vault2.JPG[/img]
[i]~with a red deck; the colours shine through the IR slots[/i]

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ad9V7S9VxL0/T11EKnK9a8I/AAAAAAAACQI/qY-gdESx8_4/s320/Vault3.JPG[/img]
[i]~table hopping? leave your cards on display. Or have a prediction inside~[/i]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9AYZnUHaego/T11E5esje6I/AAAAAAAACQo/tG5gRynLe0w/s320/Vault7.JPG[/img]
[i]~with a blue deck; everything blends~[/i]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Cfn-QjRfE88/T11EdWAHFMI/AAAAAAAACQQ/taZiPKJP3rw/s320/Vault4.JPG[/img]
[i]~stand tall with a thumb slot to pull cards out smoothly and easily; no forcing required (pun intended)~[/i]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-FSLVPRje7mY/T11EmMZtsvI/AAAAAAAACQY/9WFJjKeKTDU/s320/Vault5.JPG[/img]
[i]~originally designed to help boxes holding IRs, it also adds another layer of mystery. Like the intricate boxes on stage~[/i]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tQD023XoK7g/T11EujLmAGI/AAAAAAAACQg/jYViu8loqYc/s320/Vault6.JPG[/img]
[i]~it also holds cards without the box; slightly beveled, beautifully displayed~[/i]

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qYMgCV5KkKY/T11FSNgD4II/AAAAAAAACRA/lhF8ukfPfOU/s320/Vault10.JPG[/img]
[i]~one last shot of the back pattern~[/i]

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dcLhGtdJQds/T11FDJMUtcI/AAAAAAAACQw/-gOK6TyZ4JY/s320/Vault8.JPG[/img]
[i]~and the front~[/i]

I guess that's about it! Now to start making them! I'll probably start with 100 and see how we do. Thanks for reading everyone!

My best,

jamie
http://www.SendWonder.com
Beautiful work Jamie!
Is this not in your store yet? I can't seem to find it....
Very elegant. Nice work Jamie!
Doh, missed the release date...
What's this made of, Jamie?
Outstanding!
Very sharp Mr. G...very sharp indeed. I'll take one of these of course.

Jeff
Go on... post a picture with the Monarchs!

d
Awesome..... I want Six!!!! Just need to sell off the girlfriend first.....

Will soooo get this. It is too beautiful, Jamie. Well Done!!

Judah
[quote]
On 2012-03-11 20:54, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
It's done!! Hurrah! Get ready for a lot of pictures, lol.

And, after the damask, we managed to give it a UV clear coat- and it worked wonderfully. The die is perfect and everything looks like we're ready to start production. As of now, I'm hoping for an official release of...

The Vault

Release: March.31.
Price: $48 + $7 shipping, anywhere in the world.

I guess that's about it! Now to start making them! I'll probably start with 100 and see how we do. Thanks for reading everyone!

My best,

jamie
http://www.SendWonder.com
[/quote]
Far to beautiful to put a deck of cards in it. That is a work of art worthy of a custom deck, or at least a solid back design. WOW...impressive! Sad thing is, I just bought a card clip and it arrived last week.
Message: Posted by: TheTableTopTrixta (Mar 11, 2012 10:10PM)
A-Mazing!
I love it jamie its beautiful.
Jamie,

Do we need to wait until March 31st to order this, and hope we are in the first 100?

I know you aren't into preorders, and I appreciate that.

Do we just go to your website on the 31st to order?

Thanks,

Sammy
Awesome ! I want one for my IR ! it s really beautiful

And I have the same question than Sammy about the preorders ;)
That is a thing of beauty. I'll be ordering one. Love the way it can integrate with IR too.

Andy
Don't get me wrong I think it looks great ,just don't get why some would want to perform IR with this on?
Or maybe that's just me ...:)
[quote]
On 2012-03-12 09:55, king2262 wrote:
Don't get me wrong I think it looks great ,just don't get why some would want to perform IR with this on?
[/quote]

I agree. With the presentation I use it is important that the deck of cards just looks like a deck of cards.

I'm sure that someone like Steveline would be able to come up with a well thought out routine using the protector if he so decides.

I think I want one just because like Jamie's other offerings, this is a work of art.

Sammy
[quote]
On 2012-03-12 09:55, king2262 wrote:
[/quote]

One doesn't need to do IR with is but it gives you that flexibility. Card guard, IR holder, table stand for predictions. Lotsa choices and a really cool design.

jeff
And if everything fails you can use it on top of your hat when sitting on the streets as a beggar asking the people to put money into the right or the left slot. Very stylish! ;)

Joke apart. This looks really beautiful. Well done Jamie!
~every Vault will come in a small bag that looks like a Turkish rug, great to hold your quarter for your IR, or for display~

Very nice touch !
Gorgeous!
I just love the small bag or pouch.
It was really fun to read this thread and watch the progress. Thanks for sharing Jamie.

-shawn
Thanks for all the kind words everyone!!!

And what I'm loving about this thread (am I allowed to love my own thread, lol?!) is that (I hope) it really gives some insight into how much work goes into a creation. It kind of gives you a timeline of the last few months and, believe me, there's a lot that I haven't had time to write about!

So here's some more! This has to do with the advertising. I am one of the luckiest people in the world to be able to have such an amazing friend by the name of Sean Covernton. He's one of the greatest artists EVER and has helped me since day one. He drew the Industrial Revelation ad, as well as the one for the Anything Is Possible bottle:

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-J8rk3-7A5ps/Thah122JhgI/AAAAAAAACGk/l26t1OaS6N4/s400/INDUSTRIALREVELTIONPOSTER.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vhpznCsGOP8/Th53m_yItkI/AAAAAAAACHE/xrUwhXyIOn8/s400/Impossible+Bottle.jpg[/img]

So, next up, is the Vault. I tell people that I have no drawing skill whatsoever, but I always have a vision and am able to describe it really well. Luckily, Cov can turn that vision into a better reality than I ever imagine possible!

I knew that I wanted the tag line to be, [i]"What would you do to protect the ones you love?"[/i] and that I wanted the cartoon character of myself to be taking the Queen of Hearts, Jack of Spades, and a few others by the hand- away from danger. It was too much, however, so we started with only having the Queen of Hearts...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-QYW1MaNHxDQ/T3PQFGkXdiI/AAAAAAAACRQ/HtEyAf7qfN8/s400/photo%2842%29.JPG[/img]

We actually have a lot of the copy already; as the price circle, the title, and the ordering box would match the other ads. Next up was to somehow get the Vault into the picture. It made sense to turn it into an open door...

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YEBwXsngB2E/T3PP7c7HcbI/AAAAAAAACRI/KyuTsFOeSNE/s320/photo%2841%29.JPG[/img]

Now to see how it would fit onto the page...

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CT9gGl6cgnc/T3PQOq6G6MI/AAAAAAAACRY/q4gOhUta094/s400/photo%2843%29.JPG[/img]

This is the big push. Slots were added to the door (like the Vault), colour, a sash saying "The Queen of Hearts"- like Miss America, shortening the phrase to "Protect the ones you Love!"- a better call to act, and several hours of fine tuning. Oh yeah, and then Cov noticed that 48 thousand cents is actually $480, not $48. We actually spent an hour discussing which was funnier: "4.8 thousand cents", or "48 hundred cents", lol. Here's the final result...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-YpdFcXN_FyE/T3PQYgyd9yI/AAAAAAAACRg/M1eoc4zomlg/s400/photo%2838%29+copy+5.JPG[/img]

Whew! So much work. A huge thank you to Cov for being so patient, [i]"Hey, can we move the title up a point...no, back down...how about a squinch to the left...no, maybe back to where it was...oh wait, let's change her hair colour..."[/i] I can only imagine what I'm like to deal with, lol.

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N4va6rvdtcY/T3PVO3z1Y2I/AAAAAAAACRo/G-oFyUvFv3E/s320/Cov.jpeg[/img]
~Cov at work~

Okay, back to the shop!

My best,

jamie
Another amazing poster!
Your friend does great work!
Here is his reel from 2009 on Youtube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl8_qXg5R6Y

And his blog...
http://lantern-jack.blogspot.com/2012_03_01_archive.html
Absolutely wonderful, Jamie! Thanks for walking us through the creative process- it was fascinating and entertaining. Yet another remarkable piece from the mind of Jamie D. Grant.

Everything you touch is golden.
Very creative poster....eye catching, tells the story well and showcases the artists talents...well done Jaime!
We didn't know that you are quite muscly, Jamie :D

Love the brochure, hopefully you have enough of them for us here.
Well thought out and conceived in design and functionality. Not liking the fashion design look at all. Is it available wiithout the etching?
I'm pretty sure I'll release some different versions in the future, but for right now only the Damask is available...

And on that note:

The VAULT is now available to purchase for any of my previous clients! Hurrah! I'll make it available for everyone in a couple of days, but thought I'd give people who have supported me in the past a head start. So check your emails!

So excited,

jamie

P.S. Here's what the final shipped version looks like:

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-R4MPZ_D7qdU/T3ZMfHTT0LI/AAAAAAAACSY/ezmTim6OlKY/s320/TheVault1.JPG[/img]
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-bYjxh_syh8g/T3ZNkeo1XUI/AAAAAAAACSg/Fgu0xkIsD2k/s320/TheVault2.JPG[/img]
And I just put in my order..... Maybe I was the first? lol!!

Looks great Jamie and can't wait to get it.... soooo excited!!

Judah
Lol- you actually are!! That's awesome, lol!

The final pricing came out to $48 + $8 shipping anywhere in the world. I know that's not exactly cheap, but it's the price of handmade local craftmanship, I reckon. I truly hope people understand my decisions to always have things created in the place where you live.

Congrats Judah!
Whew... insomnia actually pays off sometimes..... That or I need to get a life..... Thanks Jamie!! I believe fully in having something made where you live and don't mind the price at all. I know it will be a QUALITY product and beautiful to boot... I believe this will be the dogs ******** of card protectors!!!! (to coin and English expression)

Rock on Jamie.... Can't wait to see what you come up with next....

Judah
I'd be the first one if only I wasn't having the Earth Hour! LOL. Maybe I'm the second? Just put my order in :)

Thanks Jamie, it looks amazing, can't wait.

Oh, are you gonna design different colors in the future perhaps?
I am not particularly a fan of the design on the holder. I am wondering if there is any plan for an anodized black Vault? I would buy one of those in an instant.
Just placed my order! I love that it was designed with IR in mind. Thanks, Jamie!!
That is very nice card guard, Jamie... I personally would prefer it without the design, say in plain gunmetal or black... if you ever offer such an option, I would definitely buy one.
It's a beautiful thing, Jamie! You know I am a loyal purchaser of both IR and the AIP bottle, but I'm going to have to hold off on buying it right now. The mortgage and other bills have to be paid tomorrow, and I do own SIX other card guards that I actually use. I'm not even sure that I would use yours- to me it is more of a collectors item! Good luck! Not that you'll need it.......
I'd like it without the design also. That said, I just ordered this as it is! (Can't help myself, d-a-mm-it!)

Thanks!

Jim
http://exovault.com/

I own a brass exo12

This will go well and I already bought the ir from jamie - cool

I got the exo wood ahnd brass as I'm a he'll raiser lament configuration fan

I'd love a future model with wood inlays - as exo did it - I bet jamie can too down the road - or get into a choice of some engravings like exo does I hope :)
Great ideas!

And the VAULT is now available!

[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-llRyQsaUZ24/T3ZI5wIPS6I/AAAAAAAACSI/qx83Dj0sbK0/s400/Smaller.jpeg[/img][/url]

I can't wait to hear what you guys think! I wonder if anyone will watch the video, lol. Yikes. I need some fancier filming, lol.
When is the projected shipping date, Jamie? Can't wait to try and use it.
I woke up this morning... Looked at my emails... Lo and behold, Jamie Shipped it!!!

Now I am a kid just days before Christmas!!!
Hurrah!

I know I said I'd get them out on the 10th, but I managed to send the first 25 out yesterday! I can't wait to hear what everyone thinks. Like I said in the video, I really have no idea how the Vault will go over- you guys will be the judge!
My Vault arrived in the UK today (11 April) having been posted by Jamie on 3 April. As with Industrial Revelation it is beautifully presented and packaged and comes inside the "Turkish Carpet" style zipper bag which is inside a gold foil covered box. The box lid contains an envelope with adverts for IR and the vault and a thank you note for purchasing.

A standard US Playing card poker size boxed deck of cards fits snugly inside the Vault demonstrating that this is a precision product. An uncased deck of cards fits between the jaws of the Vault although you could fit a cased deck there if you gently widened them.

You either like or dislike the pattern but whether you do or not it's clear that this is a quality piece of work which should last a long time. I doubt if a plain surface would look so good so I think the debate ought to be about what design is best rather than whether to have one or not.

I'll need some time to work out how best to use this (other than with IR) but it should certainly add an extra degree of mystery whenever I use cards.

Thanks Jamie.
Oh by the way - here's a picture:
I was the first to order and I guess the second to receive. This...... is a friggin thing of beauty Jamie. I think there is no better version you can make. It is just too beautiful. To say I am impressed would be an understatement. As with IR, this is top quality work!!!

Can.t wait to see what you make me spend more money on next Jamie 'The Jam Man' Grant. YOU RULE! ( and I think I am still aloud to say that even tho I am almost 40)

-J-
Hurrah!!

These posts make my day! Thank you so much for taking the time to write, guys! I'm soooo happy you like it.

I got those first 25 out fairly quickly and all the rest are now en route. While everyone else waits, here's an interview I just did regarding the Vault, if you're interested:

Fun! http://bit.ly/IJpxlE

Gotta run- have an awesome day!

~jamie
I haven't checked on this thread in months because I wasn't particularly interested in it from the original images. But seeing the finished product has definitely piqued my interest. I'm a sucker for damask patterns.

Jamie, will that pattern peel or chip over time? I did watch your 17 minute video (that really needs to be turned into a mini-series) but that question wasn't addressed from what I can tell. I understand the inside will discolor, and have no issue with that, I'm just curious about the durability of the outside image.
Thanks for the question! And, to be absolutely honest, I have no idea, lol. Don't get me wrong- it [i]should[/i] stay on forever. Not only is the image heat treated on, but it then has a UV coating to protect it. But, like I state in that video, I can't, or more importantly [i]won't[/i] ever make promises that I can't back up. And since I haven't had this in my pocket for a year, I'm not 100% sure.

As much as I love marketing and design, I think it's also equally important to be honest, especially in our field these days. So I'm sorry I can't answer your question, lol. Booooo me. That said, mine looks great!

~jamie
Thanks Jamie, it arrived yesterday after another painful of waiting for two weeks.

Guys, it IS great. If you've bought his products, you will know what you are getting. He gives personal service, he makes them himself and packaged it well. The finishing is top notch and I'm pretty sure it will stay for years, unless you throw it around.

The clip and its pattern itself gives some misdirection to the audience I guess (I haven't tried it with an audience tho). But people might want to check the clip and the box :)

The two slits will give you freedom on which side you want to slide your box in. So there is no "up" or "bottom" side. Whichever side you slide your box in, you're ready to perform IR. I'm sure the two slits will give more mystery to your performance.

It is sturdy, meaning pretty strong to hold your deck. You might want to be a little careful when the first time you slide the box in as it might be a little too tight. After it fits inside the clip, the box will be adjusted and you will have no problem to slide the box out.

I LOVE the pouch, even some students might later ask me why I bring a pouch with pink nuances haha.. but I like it. When you put everything inside the pouch, you know that your prop is in a good storage.

I think some of the creators might start to get jealous of you, Jamie. The craftmanship here is top notch. The price might be a little high for a clip, some might say. But you are protecting your $100+ prop. My little suggestion would be: have options for customers to have it in different colors (if it doesn't give you much hassle). Oh, maybe in the future, the inside part would be as well come with the pattern.

Once again, can't be happier!
Received mine today - actually yesterday by now, I guess - and it is very nice! I had voted for the silver pattern, or even plain clip but this is very nice indeed. :)

It IS very tight! I managed to get a card box in it but thought I might never get it out! That should loosen up a bit, I hope.

Thanks Jamie!

Jim
Beautiful work Jamie!!!
[quote]
On 2012-04-18 02:09, J-Mac wrote:
Received mine today - actually yesterday by now, I guess - and it is very nice! I had voted for the silver pattern, or even plain clip but this is very nice indeed. :)

It IS very tight! I managed to get a card box in it but thought I might never get it out! That should loosen up a bit, I hope.

Thanks Jamie!

Jim
[/quote]

Hiya Jim!

I'm not sure if you had a chance to watch that video that's on the page or if you just timed out, lol, as it's waaaay to long. But the Vault is completely tensionable! If it's too tight, just give a couple light upward tugs, like this:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DepvM1DrJSc/T47ctJ2s5rI/AAAAAAAACTA/GwXJeEy7W3w/s320/photo%2841%29.JPG[/img]

That'll do the trick!

Your pal,

jamie
Just got back from a short trip and my Vault was waiting for me. Beautiful! I'm ordering another one. :)
I just got this about a week ago and took the time to do a small buyers guide on some of the most common card clips on the market right now. Overall, because I consider card clips mostly a cosmetic accessory my favorite is "The Vault!" Besides...it looks so good with Anglo Golds!

The Caf thread
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=463010&forum=113&0

Direct link to the review:

http://www.custom-playing-card.com/card-clips.html
I've been using Anglo cards for quite some time now (Im swedish - whattaya want? :) )But I use the 2009 edition. The gold ones ( and a whole range of colours) was the 2006 edition. I must say that Ill probably get me some gold ones now that Ive seen how good they look.

BTW the Anglo cases are a little wider than standard bicycles so I had to widen the clip a bit like Jamie showed above. It still is a very tight fit. The cardcase actually buckles a bit since there is a small airpocket around the cards inside. Don't know if that's the case with the 2006 edt.

Unfortunately, I am using a swedish five crown coin for the IR effect (its about half dollar size) for increased visibility and the thickness of the coin means that I really cant fit the cardcase with the steel block in "performance mode" inside the clip (I am hesitant about bending it more...)so I guess I'll just use the clip as a card guard (I already use the little Turkish mat bag in context of one trick. I have the more butch blue coloured version...).

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
[quote]
On 2012-04-22 16:18, Leo-Kim wrote:
I've been using Anglo cards for quite some time now (Im swedish - whattaya want? :) )But I use the 2009 edition. The gold ones ( and a whole range of colours) was the 2006 edition. I must say that Ill probably get me some gold ones now that Ive seen how good they look.

BTW the Anglo cases are a little wider than standard bicycles so I had to widen the clip a bit like Jamie showed above. It still is a very tight fit. The cardcase actually buckles a bit since there is a small airpocket around the cards inside. Don't know if that's the case with the 2006 edt.

Unfortunately, I am using a swedish five crown coin for the IR effect (its about half dollar size) for increased visibility and the thickness of the coin means that I really cant fit the cardcase with the steel block in "performance mode" inside the clip (I am hesitant about bending it more...)so I guess I'll just use the clip as a card guard (I already use the little Turkish mat bag in context of one trick. I have the more butch blue coloured version...).

Mikael Johansson
Sweden
[/quote]
Another Anglo Fan! That's awesome. Now Here is the issue. I know exactly what you mean. Frankly I crammed them in there for the picture because the Vault looks SO GOOD with Gold Anglos. The only thing I can say is, cram in the box the opposite way in which it I photoed it. Then you will be able to open and close the box from the front opening and you won't have to take the box out until you are ready to replace the deck. In a perfect world El Duco would contract with Jamie for making a larger sized Vault. Of course...though Anglo's are one of the stiffer cards on the market, they are also one of the thinnest. So I always felt the Anglo Boxes were a bit to big for the cards they hold. Maybe Offason should redesign their box. IMO the box was always kind of crappy for the cards they contained.
Those cards look awesome! I've never seen them before. And thank you esotresh for all your support recently. That is so kind of you!!

Here's a pic that was just posted on my Facebook wall. I can't tell you how much it means to me the Vault and IR are both being used out in the real world and not sitting in a drawer somewhere. It makes my day! Thanks for letting me share, gang!

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IDMpSOKYiMI/T5cLY9WoxSI/AAAAAAAACTI/Qjb8jFInIY8/s320/AwesomeIR.jpg[/img]
Glad you liked the pic, Jamie!
And Thank You for IR and The Vault!
A QUICK REVIEW..................

I also was 1 of the first 25 owners of this new innovative acquisition of Jamie's.

I am truly happy with it!!!!

At first (before owning it), I was debating about the whole Damask pattern thing as opposed to a solid brass. At the end, I am ecstatic!!!

Most of the card decks that I have will fit it... I am having trouble, however, fitting a Blue Crown Vaudeville Deck:

http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/the-vaudeville-deck-by-the-blue-crown-trick-p-14253.html

Somehow the Vaudeville boxes are considerbly wider (The bottom of their boxes are not properly glued and it makes for a wider box... 3 of my Vaudeville decks are like this). As Jamie explains, just a slight nudge (not really a "bend") will do the trick with most decks. My many other deck boxes seem to all fit well in the "slot" to display your cards, but I prefer just to leave the box in the Vault and just open the flap (Thanks to the Vault's unique design)-- The Cards slide right out with the box still in place.

I have been using the Bicycle RED Dragon Back Cards or the Bicycle GOLD Dragon Back Cards with my Vault:

RED DRAGON:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/bicycle-dragon-back-cards-red-by-uspcc-trick-p-13117.html

GOLD DRAGON:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/bicycle-dragon-back-cards-gold-by-uspcc-p-14127.html

The Bag it came in that resembles an Afgan Rug is a nice touch. I don't use it for the Vault at all, but I use it for my Mini Cups and Balls (actually the same Cup & Ball set that Jamie has from his "Friday Magic Night" videos... Can you see that I am a true fan??)

The only thing that I would change, Jamie, is that even though I don't use the Vault in connection with my Industrial Revelation, my suggestion is to make the "Coin Slots" of the Vault bigger to accommodate Half Dollars. Sometimes, I use Half Dollars with my Industrial Revelation when performing Coin Magic. One day, I (and other owners of both of your wonderful creations) may want to use your 2 effects using Half Dollars. The Vault will only accommodate 25 cent US Quarter-size coins or smaller... My ONLY minor gripe.

The Bottom-Line, although a bit costly, you will no doubt see the workmanship of a fine and unique (first of its kind) Card Guard!!! The cards are well-protected in a great new way.

You are the Man!!!!!

I am just waiting on that book that you eluded to in that same video that I referred to earlier. When is your book of Table-Hopping going to take place? You already made a name for yourself as you now have many fans. A lot of people will want to learn more of what goes on in that wonderful head of yours.

Thanks once again for your unique contribution to the Magic Realm!!!!!
Does the card clip ( clip to you belt or pants?
There is NO "Clip"... It is only a Card Guard to put in your pocket.
There is NO "Clip"... It is only a Card Guard to put in your pocket.
Just because I like to surprise my clients, I am proud to say that the Damask Pattern Vault is now sold out! Congrats if you got one! It is now available in plain brass, before my summer black aluminum version...

http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html

As always, thanks for supporting my art! You guys are awesome!

~jamie
Okay gang!

You spoke. I listened.

Some of you [b]LOVED[/b] the Damask pattern of the [url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html]Vault[/url]. Others, not so much.
Some of you [b]LOVED[/b] the weight of the brass. Others, not so much.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lpfEJ_QPnCk/T_Zj5pkrd5I/AAAAAAAACYA/rq0bYjkKxxQ/s1600/TheVAULT.jpg[/img]

So, at an expense that still makes me feel a bit queasy, I went back to the drawing board. Instead of brass, I moved to aluminum. The question was, how light could I make it? Also, how would the anodizing look...

First step was to have the die remade (this was the queasy part) because aluminum is obviously a different thickness than brass.

Next was to take it to an anodizer. The first guy was absolutely terrible. The next, however, was awesome!

Since I had it anodized, I thought I might as well have it etched just to see what it looks like. Well, here's the results!

[b]The Black Vault[/b]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4UMNE93-k_s/UA8n8yLU4xI/AAAAAAAACYY/h8kAUT1awAc/s320/photo%2852%29.JPG[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-RZNZ-LTl8fE/UA8owc_0qdI/AAAAAAAACYo/NeycoCaAcnA/s320/photo%2860%29.JPG[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-JuafIVk21Yg/UA8oQWqYB2I/AAAAAAAACYg/_F4s_h_Lslw/s320/photo%2859%29.JPG[/img]

Not only does the black look amazing, but wait until you see the difference in weight!! First of all, [b]go grab 28 playing cards[/b]...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-vxIElfrvWpA/UA8o7mYX6kI/AAAAAAAACY0/EI37PuRe0vM/s320/photo%2854%29.JPG[/img]
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w4pQn_b50TU/UA8pE4zWE0I/AAAAAAAACY8/eCpBrUHV_3Q/s320/photo%2855%29.JPG[/img]
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zFM69r1RSVA/UA8pL1cJBwI/AAAAAAAACZE/Dc8_H939L6o/s320/photo%2853%29.JPG[/img]

Yup, the new Vault [i]weighs the same as 28 playing cards[/i] and is still unbelievably strong (it pays to have things made locally where you can quality control everything in person). It absolutely blew my mind. I'm positively thrilled!

So I have 2 questions for you:

[b]1)[/b] Do you like it?
[b]2)[/b] Do you prefer the "Expert at the Card Table" or would you like it better in straight black?

I'm going to make 100; but before I drop the few thousand dollars, I need to decide if I'm going to etch them or leave them straight and, as always, I look to you guys for the best input around!

Thoughts?

~jamie
Leave 'em straight for the black. Put the Expert engraving if you make the Vault in GREEN!

Kevin
I say straight for the black vault. Looks good, Jamie. Also, with the aluminum the adjustments should (hopefully) be easier. Getting a deck into my current vault is still a tight squeeze, and I think I have adjusted it about as much as it can take!

Thanks!

Jim
I agree....straight for the Black Vault!
Just my two cents, but I agree with going with the straight black vault.
[quote]
On 2012-07-24 19:38, Mercury52 wrote:
Leave 'em straight for the black. Put the Expert engraving if you make the Vault in GREEN!

Kevin
[/quote]

That's brilliant, Kev!

And it seems unanimous (I've taken a few polls at other spots) ~ straight black it is! And seriously, take out 28 playing cards an feel the weight. I can't believe how light (and strong) this is!

Stay tuned!

~jamie
I like straight black better too!
Straight black it is!
And here it is! Hurrah! Straight black and super light!

[b]Now Available[/b] ([i]FYI: I've only made 100 to start and these will be all the ones I'll have time to make before Christmas[/i]):

[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-DVGQQo0BkaM/UJsQ2qrs8EI/AAAAAAAACg0/SSlFsn1fL2o/s320/photo%2873%29.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-NWVJlHT_HFM/UJsRBVm-PUI/AAAAAAAACg8/9PtfUWH4lzA/s320/photo%2877%29.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-uLf8S_xC2dw/UJsROn0vICI/AAAAAAAAChE/fSCik6v0qsE/s320/photo%2878%29.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-H6-vGF5I2yo/UJsRaw_PaiI/AAAAAAAAChM/yxy7LmSlxqE/s320/photo%2876%29.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Lsh-9bsmFSU/UJsRn7sHFmI/AAAAAAAAChU/RNM1G_zHg90/s320/photo%2875%29.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k3aHRl2x6ro/UJsRzIUFaBI/AAAAAAAAChc/TeXOrd7KggA/s320/photo%2872%29.JPG[/img][/url]

And each one still comes with its own cool Turkish Rug bag:

[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3vgFLQNt_i0/T3ZQRikHFZI/AAAAAAAACS4/8SW0saZk6TA/s320/TheVault5.JPG[/img][/url]

Thanks for always supporting my art, gang!

You guys rock,

jamie
Sold! Can't wait
Looking good! Bad timing tho lol, spent too much already :(
Thanks!

And Alan, thank YOU! It means the world to me when other artists I admire support my work (as I do yours~ SMOKE is amazing!)

~jamie

P.S. Here's the deck I've been carrying around all day...

[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VtK3LxP8Y7w/UJtvB4z2O-I/AAAAAAAACiE/AaJeJGaneJI/s400/photo%2873%29+copy.JPG[/img][/url]
[url=http://magicfriday.blogspot.ca/2012/03/vault.html][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2HrNR7YQgYk/UJtu1FFIMdI/AAAAAAAACh8/ONW4sPMoLso/s400/photo%252872%2529+copy+3.JPG[/img][/url]
Ill be picking up a new industrial rev soon lost my other saddly
Hey guys, I don't post too often but I knew I had to post something about the new black vault. I just received it tonight. I was so excited about, it took me minutes to open the package as the anticapiton grew. I am a huge fan of the orginial vault but let me just say the new black aluminum vault is amazing. The finish on it is perfect, it looks amazing when it's protecting my three favorite decks which are the Madison players and the red and black white lions. It's worth every penny. Do yourself a favor and go buy one, you will not be dissapointed! And as for the weight... What weight? As strange as this sounds the deck seems lighter with the new vault on. I know that doesn't make sense but you will see what I mean.

Jamie D. Grant did it again! Thank you Jamie
Saddly still waiting on mine
Spoke too soon.. It arrived today and its awesome
My Black Vault arrived this weekend. I ordered it on 17 November so it took just a week to arrive in the UK from Canada. Thanks Jamie.

Compared to the original it is of course much lighter and thinner and the matt black finish looks great and on initial impression seems resistant to finger marks as well.

As ever with Jamie's products it comes well packaged and beautifully accompanied by a "Arabian Carpet" bag and cards illustrating his other items. Although the vault itself feels strong it can be gently eased to allow a cased deck to fit between its "jaws" and holds a cased deck snugly when slid inside. While the damask print of the original added a sense of Victorian or Gothic mystery to the original Vault the plain black of the aluminium version is more modern and more adaptable to different styles. On the whole I much prefer the aluminum version but an option of a pattern like the original damask would be nice.

The fact that the Vault allows you to display a deck as well as protect it means that it is superior to a basic card clip and the build quality suggests that this will last you a lifetime. Two slots also mean that it fits perfectly with Industrial Revelation where you will be thankful for the lightness of the aluminium!

Thanks again Jamie

Mike
Thanks guys!

It's midnight here, and I'm just getting ready to head out to Brad Fulton's Clip Joint.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-m0ufJtE9Y8M/UNVxMGe_-zI/AAAAAAAACjs/LEbMhcwhBX8/s400/photo%2872%29+copy+2.JPG[/img]

Gotta put my valuables in the Vault first.

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Et1IwnkOmW4/UNVxW5uzb4I/AAAAAAAACj0/-JHZpaLOUXs/s400/photo%2872%29+copy+3.JPG[/img]

I wonder if she'll be on time...

Amazing, didn't knew about it 2 min ago, completly sold.
Thanks Jedo!!

Got home from the Clip Joint this morning.
Had to walk.
Long story.
But worth it. Worth them. Worth it all.
#cardnoir

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-trq-Xf30gO4/UNZhnsVkRqI/AAAAAAAACkI/STfyNwag9VQ/s400/65026_10152342303205244_2003258417_n.jpg[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-12-22 20:45, Jamie D. Grant wrote:
Thanks Jedo!!

Got home from the Clip Joint this morning.
Had to walk.
Long story.
But worth it. Worth them. Worth it all.
#cardnoir

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-trq-Xf30gO4/UNZhnsVkRqI/AAAAAAAACkI/STfyNwag9VQ/s400/65026_10152342303205244_2003258417_n.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

very nice this card clip:) I will order one next year (no mony now)
Bought one of the Black aluminium and a Brass Damask pattern Vaults. Loving both of them, and every person who has seen it so far (magicians and laypeople) have commented on how nice it looks.
Got another two as gifts, because they're THAT good and Jamie is THAT awesome.

Much appreciated, Jamie. Looking forward to future projects!

Eddie