(Close Window)
Topic: Go Patriots!
Ok, it's the morn of the AFC championship game. Pats Vs. Baltimore in Foxboro, MA. My prediction, and I'm no Max Maven, but Baltimore took us out two years ago here at home and this time they don't have a chance.

Patriots WILL win this game. Not speaking with my heart. It's a knowing . . . .

I really hope the Giants win as I would love a rematch from the 07' Super Bowl that should have been ours.

YOUR Predictions??????
P.S. If I DO happen to be wrong . . . ummmmm. . . . ummmmm . . . I guess I will have to take all the banter that comes my way :)
Brady is the best, and will probibly go all the way.

The Ravens are in over their heads.

It does look like a New Your vs New England Super Bowl.
Giants to cover, and the Over in the AFC game(which I think NE wins).
When Tom Brady is on nothing can stop him. I really hope he can keep it together for a couple of years and destroy the Steelers' record. I hate the Steelers almost as much as I love the Pats.
I am also looking toward a NY/NE SuperBowl rematch.

Go Giants!
What... the helicopter... happened... to Steven... freakin' Tyler?
That... was awful.
That was stressful. Patriots go to the Super Bowl!
Great game!
OMG!!! That was WAY too close for comfort. I have no finger nails left! Way closer that I imagined. That is why I don't do mentalism lol
So far the NY/SF game is pretty tight as well and could likely go right down to the line.
Well, I don't know the score, but my wife just said the Giants won.
They did win. And for those who are keeping track of predictions made last month on this forum, see:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=446917&forum=32&11
This years big game might just start a war.
[quote]
On 2012-01-22 23:11, mastermindreader wrote:
They did win. And for those who are keeping track of predictions made last month on this forum, see:

[/quote]

Oh, sure, if you're gonna play the mindreader card...
Go Big Blue!!!!

This Super Bowl there is going to be blood. I see another close tight game between these two. Either way the giants are like the Rodney Dangerfield of football. They never get the respect. that's what makes our wins that much sweeter. Good luck to both teams and lets have good football.

PS. To you 49's fans. I tip my hats off to you guys. You had a great season and played some mean hard football against big blue. You made us earn everything.
After 2007 I can imagine the Patriots saying, "Oh no, not again!" and the Giants replying, "We're baaaack!"
[quote]
On 2012-01-22 23:25, LobowolfXXX wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-01-22 23:11, mastermindreader wrote:

[/quote]

Oh, sure, if you're gonna play the mindreader card...
[/quote]

Haha. Of course I play it!

I just remembered that Devious said the other day that he, too, predicted the Giants. But if you look at the thread I gave the link to you will find that he actually predicted that the Saints and the 49ers would be in the NFC championship. :eek:
As competitive as Belichick and Brady are, I strongly suspect they wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Now, as to whether that's a [i]wise[/i] wish or not...
This is going to be a close game. I just hope Gronk is healthy. I cringed when I saw his leg twisting Sunday. If we didn't have him, we would not be in the super bowl. Good luck to both teams. No predictions here. Just speaking with my heart when I say Go Pats!
Now if Belichick can just get a good cameraman into the Giants practice sessions...
[quote]
On 2012-01-25 15:06, Doomo wrote:
Now if Belichick can just get a good cameraman into the Giants practice sessions...
[/quote]

LOL!. Bill Belacheat is probably trying to dress up like a security guard as we speak. He can't leave the Big Game to one of his flunkies to do his dirty work.
Seriously, Belichick didn't do anything that other teams weren't doing. He just got caught. Every team is always trying to get the upper hand somehow. I'm sure the Giants have done it too :)
[quote]
On 2012-01-23 02:36, mastermindreader wrote:
After 2007 I can imagine the Patriots saying, "Oh no, not again!" and the Giants replying, "We're baaaack!"
[/quote]

After 2007 I can imagine the Pats saying; "OK, this time it's personal!"
I'll take the Giants and the points.
I'm thinking that the Super Bowl may well be decided by a field goal, possibly in overtime.

It should be a great game.

Giants by 3.
If Eli has a good game it will be a long day for the Patriots. However, if Brady has time and Eli plays average, it will be a Patriots victory.

The Giants beat the Pats in New England earlier this year. Either way it should be a good game. The last two playoff games certainly were good!
Giants had key injuries in the last game, too.
We'll find out when we find out. I want the Pats to win but I'm not going to predict either way because I don't want to jinx it.
Super bowl party at my house, you're all invited!

Anticipating a very tight game right down to the end. No predictions here.

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wish they could both lose.
Pats have a chance if Belacheat hired new lip readers.
Comeon Kevin . . . that's getting old :)

Wanna place any bets? Or is that illegal here on the Café' :rotf:
I'm with you Tommy. Kevin didn't have anything constructive to say so he just took a cheap shot. BOOO

I wouldn't bet against you Tommy because you picked the winner.
[quote]
On 2012-02-04 13:15, Al Angello wrote:
I'm with you Tommy. Kevin didn't have anything constructive to say so he just took a cheap shot. BOOO

[/quote]

You're alright in my book Al! I can't wait til tomorrow night.
No matter what, you'll always be 18 and 1.
Since the Saints won`t be there this year I`m rooting for Eli!

John
All of my gay friends are excited about seeing Madonna at half time, so there is something for everybody today.
[quote]
On 2012-02-05 00:02, Kevin Connolly wrote:
No matter what, you'll always be 18 and 1.
[/quote]

Yea but three Super Bowls in the last decade.
Tommy,

How's the game?
[quote]
On 2012-02-05 10:58, Al Angello wrote:
All of my gay friends are excited about seeing Madonna at half time, so there is something for everybody today.
[/quote]

@Al,
Post O' The Day! Thanks for the laugh out loud! I needed it after a very long week!
Well played Giants!
Thanks ELI!!!

John
[quote]
On 2012-02-04 13:15, Al Angello wrote:

[/quote]

Time to clean your crystal ball. LOL!
MANNING RULES! Eli, that is. Great game, but Eli put Brady and the Pats down now twice. He din't chew him up, but he sure spit him out!
Good game by Manning, but most of the credit to the Giants' D. If the Pats had come within 10 points of their season-average 32 per game, they would have won.
I predict the Giants will win 21-17 and it will me a nail-biter till the end. I predict a player will score a touchdown that he shouldn't. And I predict this post will not post till the game is over! Dang guys I'm good! Congrats to the Giants.

Good magic to all,

Eric
As I said to the suckers I bet with... The Pats did not beat anyone in the regular season with a winning record. And they are still 0 and 2 versus the real thing.... Mwuhahahahaha!
Jim Rome Jungle Rules strictly enforced. If you don't publicly call your shot before the game, you can't brag about it after.
It was certainly emotional.
(Licking wounds, running away from this thread with tail between legs) woof . . . woof . . . crying doggy howl . . . . LOL
[quote]
On 2012-02-06 01:02, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Jim Rome Jungle Rules strictly enforced. If you don't publicly call your shot before the game, you can't brag about it after.
[/quote]

I did on another thread. AND backed it up with cash against 3 WHINEY Pats fans... HEHEHEHEHE
It was a great Super Bowl and we all knew it was going to be and both sides wanted to win. D stepped up once again and Eli proved again that he can throw and in the 4th quarter he is clutch and the go to guy. Our recievers made some big plays and Weatherford is not getting enough credit in this game. He punted inside the 5 yard line 3 out of 4 times. The 4th would have been pinned on the 2yrd and one of the 3 resulted in the saftey.

The whole team pulled it together. Go Big Blue.

PS. Im noticing a lot of flack that Brady is getting about the pass to Welker. It was the correct throw. Anyone who has watched enough football or has even quaterbacked one game in their life knows why. Look at the tape.

Cant wait for next season.
Hey, it was a great game. A nail bitter throughout. We gave the first 9 points to the Giants, but that is how the game goes. If the kicker didn't miss the field goal two weeks ago, we may not have even been here, but that is fate.

Key factor: One man. Gronkowski.

He was the key factor in getting us here and was too hurt to help finish. If he was healthy, would have been a whole different story, but once again, that was fate.

My hat off to the Giants.
Excuses....excuses....

Had it not been for that blasted "Tuck" rule fiasco the Pats would have never won that first Championship either. Hey, I'm just saying. :)
By the way. I am NOT a pats fan... BUT... This is one of the best pieces of writing about a crushing defeat that I have ever read. It is a true sports fans lament... And funny as hell!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis?google_editors_picks=true

Enjoy
[quote]
On 2012-02-06 20:55, Doomo wrote:
By the way. I am NOT a pats fan... BUT... This is one of the best pieces of writing about a crushing defeat that I have ever read. It is a true sports fans lament... And funny as hell!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis?google_editors_picks=true

Enjoy
[/quote]

I have definitely been feeling #7. A lot.
Critter-

Look at it this way - you live in Washington and thus (by law) you are a Seahawks fan. Our Hawks BEAT the Giants this year. That means we beat the Super Bowl champions, a distinction we could not claim if the Pats had won.

Hope that makes you feel a little better.

Good thoughts,

Bob
I will say I was a big fan of Steve Largent back when he was with the 'Hawks. Tried out for wide receiver in grade school solely because I wanted to be either Steve Largent or Jerry Rice (this was before he was a Seahawk.) Preferably Largent. Unfortunately, they weren't really looking for 2nd graders.
[quote]

Enjoy
[/quote]

"Crushing" defeat??? Which game were YOU watching. I would hardly call 21-17 crushing, especially since the Giants were still behind until the last minute of the game. That like saying the Bruins crushed the Canadians 2-1 . . .
I don't think he meant to use "crushing" in the sense that you are. I think he meant it was "crushing" to the hearts of the Patriots fans who so badly hoped to defeat the Giants this time around. You know- they felt crushed. :)
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 15:07, mastermindreader wrote:
I don't think he meant to use "crushing" in the sense that you are. I think he meant it was "crushing" to the hearts of the Patriots fans who so badly hoped to defeat the Giants this time around. You know- they felt crushed. :)
[/quote]

AAAhhhh . . . My bad. Yes, our hearts were of course crushed. I took it wrong . . .
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 15:00, TommyJ wrote:
[quote]

Enjoy
[/quote]

"Crushing" defeat??? Which game were YOU watching. I would hardly call 21-17 crushing, especially since the Giants were still behind until the last minute of the game. That like saying the Bruins crushed the Canadians 2-1 . . .
[/quote]

Wow! Overreact much? As the master mindreader said, it was in reference to the emotional let down. Which is pretty obvious to the writer.
But I gots to admit, the Giants did it TWICE in a row... They DO seem to have the Pats number.
[quote]On 2012-02-06 08:30, TommyJ wrote:
If [Gronkowski] was healthy, [it] [b][i]might[/i][/b] have been a whole different story . . . .[/quote]
Fixed that for you.
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 20:32, Doomo wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 15:00, TommyJ wrote:
[quote]

Enjoy
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow! Overreact much? As the master mindreader said, it was in reference to the emotional let down. Which is pretty obvious to the writer.
But I gots to admit, the Giants did it TWICE in a row... They DO seem to have the Pats number.
[/quote]

I already admitted I took it wrong . . .

Yes, they do seem to have their #. But unlike Pedro, we will never call them our daddy :)
[quote]
On 2012-02-07 21:05, S2000magician wrote:
[quote]On 2012-02-06 08:30, TommyJ wrote:
If [Gronkowski] was healthy, [it] [b][i]might[/i][/b] have been a whole different story . . . .[/quote]
Fixed that for you.
[/quote]

You didn't need to. I wrote it right the first time. I'm an optimist!
I hope BB uses his draft picks instead of just trading down. The PATS have two first round draft picks, two second round draft picks, and one third round draft pick.

If they use these picks and draft well(think of their two starting TEs), they could really raise their defense to an elite level.

Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If they raise their defense to an average level, they'll be the team to beat.