(Close Window)
Topic: Tips!!!
Hey everybody! I just learned a bunch of new sleights like the cobra and whatnot. I learned all of these with my bud light cards (See Cobra likes bud light post) which I discovered are every so slightly narrower and longer than bikes. Now, I can't do any of these moves with bikes, which are the cards that I usually use. (My thumb is just a little to short.) Any suggestions?
Message: Posted by: MagicAndBlackjack (Sep 19, 2003 10:39PM)
Wait till your hands get bigger? :genielamp:
Hmmm, there's no trick to enlarge your hand is there?? Maybe Finger and thumb tips to extend everything. :confused:
Yes, wait for the DVD. LOL - I'm sure he will cover this. I read his 7 year old does it, and unless his 7 year old has monster hands, I'm sure he has a fix for it. I don't know how many times it must be repeated though. You need to get the DVD instead of taking his moves through video. It's just not cool.
I want to get the DVD, but I just don't have the cash yet. Anyway, I dumped the bud deck for a bike and I've been at it all day. I've got it down!! (The only trouble is the flippy part!!! My middle packet is always upside down, which is actually ok, because I take it out, flip it over and place it on top, making it a false cut!!! That's right, the cobra is/can be a false cut YAY. Wow this is long for parenthesis.) :rotf:
His 7 year old does it, but Deívo said that he canít lock the bottom packet with his thumb. He has to balance it on his thumb. That must be rather difficult.

dominic
That's the problem I have. My thumb is like a 99th of an inch to short, which is why the bud cards worked better. I think it all has to do with where the "mouth" packet is placed. There's a perfect harmony there somewhere, but I just have to get it right. I'll keep trying, and thanks to everybody. (I wish I'd started when I was seven!!) :dancing:
The fact that a seven year old can do a modified cobra really makes me mad.
Yeah, I had to use manipulation cards because my thumb is too small.
Not just any seven year old. He's got De'vo BLOOD!! He probably sleeps on a pile of cards at night, and spends all of his waking moments with a deck in hand. (Not to mention rumors about De'vo, suggesting that he actually lives in a house he made out of cards with one hand in three seconds!!) :dancing: :dancing:
I've been trying to master the Erdnase Color Change, and find the cards slipping against my palm quite a bit.

This brings me to a question I've been wanting to ask for a long time: Does anyone use a hand lotion of any kind? If so, is there a brand of choice?
There are a lot of threads on this topic.
Thanks Zombieboy. I did a search ealier, but "Moisturizer" yielded no results!

"Lotion" did much better!
This may help if your hands are coming up to dry for certain sleights: http://www.geocities.com/fingerjack/dryhandz
Thanks for the tip, Fingerjack!

Lee products will be getting some interest from me shortly, as will your web site.

Odd, yet strangely alluring ...

By the way, I've recently tried "Corn Huskers Lotion".

It's working for me!