(Close Window)
Topic: Finger tips
Does anyone here have any experience using "finger tips"? They are basically TT, but made for your other fingers. Pro's and cons?
Í know that there is other FTs, but I have no experience using them, I basically use TT.

:coolspot:
Message: Posted by: Daniel J. Ferrara Jr. (Sep 23, 2003 05:15PM)
Never used other FTs, but the sixth finger is pretty cool. Holds much larger loads and fools the people who know about the Tip.
I regularly use four FTs to produce four 6" different colored silks. I then turn the 6" silks into a sunburst 18" silk via the blendo method taught by Duanne Laflin in his video Sensational Silk Magic.

The FTs throw off people who know about TT. In fact I'd often tease the audience by wriggling my thumbs to emphasize the fact---and then I proceed to produce four silks one after another.

Ben Benjay
Manila, Philippines
I use a FT as well; it does misdirect those in the know about TT. The downsize is the load is smaller.
If I remember right Jim Pace is partial to the FT in some of his work. I own all the FTs but seldom use them in favor of sleights or a one ahead situation.
Okito used one this way.

He did a silk vanish with a pull... then to show the audience the silk was STILL IN MY HAND... he had a spectator stick a finger into his fist and pull out a bit of the silk.

Ahem, it was his daughter sitting in the front row with a FT.

KOOL, EH?

:lover:
Pete, You always have great bits of info, and historical facts to share. We are fortunate to have you here.

BTW are you still interested in letting go of some of your Gaff P-n-T tops? I would be interested in seeing some pictures, and prices, when you are ready. The brass stock for my prototypes came in this week, and I should have a couple of juice tops to experiment with soon.
The FT are usually used for stage magic to produce silks.

If you want a good video on how to produce silks, get McBride Magic On Stage Vol. 2.

Hope That Helps.

Adam
FT are excellent for small items and often will fool magicians watching. Sometimes you can find a very small TT to use as one if there is no FT available. The TT has been too widely exposed, so a FT is a perfect alternative.
Take a look at the "Flicking Fingers" DVD. There is a routine uses FT which fool magician.
Basically Who cares about fooling magicians...is it more practical for the lay audience? In some cases yes in some no. I don't see the advantage of using one over the other. If you're natural enough with it, they will never suspect or anticipate it being used in the first place. It had to come from somewhere, yes, but if you're smooth with it, they'll have no idea and it should be out of play before they could piece it together.
Jay Scott Berry has some incredible work on false fingers. Worth a look.
I want to ask where I can get a good Finger Tip? I looked for a long time
Garrett Thomas has a great idea for a use on them on his “Any Questions?” video. It's not used for producing silks or anything, but rather pulling off a finger. It gets a great reaction.
[quote]
On 2003-09-26 16:41, Dbzkid999 wrote:
The FT are usually used for stage magic to produce silks.

If you want a good video on how to produce silks, get McBride Magic On Stage Vol. 2.

Hope That Helps.

Adam
[/quote]
Not really. FT's are generally too small for silk production. A SF is better.

When Terry Seabrooke was at the SAM convention in Houston, I showed him how to use an FT for the cigarette in the jacket, instead of using a TT. He appreciated it very much.

I ALWAYS use the FT for that purpose.
Mr. Palmer,

Just thought I would let you know that several Japanese have created a silk production using FT's on all digits. Then blendo effect.

Of course the silks are very small, but they do sell them as stage magic. Not my cup of tea, but a sale is a sale. Keeps the economy going.
I guess they use smaller stages in Japan. ;)
Take a look at Gaetan Bloom's Gypsy Thread.
Jim Pace's Finger tip routine is in his 'A' material book, and I have just begun practicing it a bit. Very nicely structured and very magical.
I use a ft in a magic club I go to where somebody was doing finger chopper routines so I stuffed the one I was using with raw red meat and as he done it to me he screamed from thinking he had go wrong and cut of my finger( probably because I was screaming aswell to scare him ) !!! he was the fooled one in this story !!! hehehe !!!

visualise possiblities because life is great and you can do anything if you set your mind to it
I use the finger tip to vanish a bill ( Doc Eason bill to lemon) It works great! Especially if anyone is looking for a thumb tip.
I have an obscure use for a little FT... I think this is Karrell fox ... not sure... you pretend to stick your finger through someone's loose fitting tshirt..
I did it to my dentist 2 days ago to impress the hygienist...(easily impressed I think)... Ft in this case better than a tt..really the best with kids.. I started carrying it all the time now..it allows reptitiion...

I know I know I can hear you guys now that this is not politically correct anymore... well I remain old fashioned and if done in proper spirit it causes no harm... I have had not trouble ever..

marty
I am sure Magic City has FT from Japan. And silk streamers 3/4 by 6 inch.long. Or you can use other type of silk streamers you can find. FT comes in several sizes too.
You pretend to stick your finger through someone's loose fitting tshirt..

Jim Pace's routine includes this bit as well, it looks great.
The saddest part about 6" silks is that they are less than half as large but cost about the same as a 9" silk.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
I came up with a use once for a very tiny FT. I cut a SF at the first joint until there was nothing left but the fingertip and nail. It was nearly invisible even close up.

I used it in conjunction with a card trick where I would show a three of diamonds, roll it (switched for a blank via YFM) around my finger to make a small tube and pour out a small load of gemstones and unrolling the (now blank) card.

Ditching the FT was quite simple, even using a thimble thumb palm move to "clean up" before ditching it entirely.

For those who thought they were "in the know," the fact that my thumbs were always visible and never approached the tube really had them going.