(Close Window)
Topic: The Agony and the Ecstasy
Often when learning a new trick it's easy to get discouraged, especially when a specific sequence is required. At times it seems like there must be a misprint in the instructions because something isn't working. For example, I've been trying to learn John Bannon's Bullet Party for a week and just couldn't seem to get it. I read and re-read the book, constantly viewed the DVD, and still no progress.

Then suddenly I figured out my mistake and everything worked beautifully. It was a really, really simple mistake and now it seems so obvious,but until I had that flash of inspiration I just couldn't get it.

So, if you find yourself stuck, DON'T GIVE UP. Once you suffer through the learning curve you'll be rewarded with a fantastic feeling of accomplishment.

Sam
Yea ive practiced new sleights before
and thought ill never be able to do this.
and them bam I get it down pat.
The bit I like is when you're following the trick on the book/dvd, and then when you get to the end, and it is infact your card, I just sit back and go: "YEEEEAAAH" , and then you go into learning it.
I've been fiddling with CMH in my few spare minutes here and there and it just isn't happening yet. I look on YouTube and some kid has got it down. He says "I stayed up all night learning this." Oh to be 13 again with nothing better to do than stay up all night and practice!!

Ed
^ LOL @ Ed! So true!