(Close Window)
Topic: Performing on Fox tomorrow in San Diego
For anyone in San Diego, I'll be performing on Fox 5 tomorrow morning around 750 am so if you want to watch then be sure to tune in :)
No need to tune in, I'm sure the clip will be posted by 7:55. Congratulations.
Congratulations! And break a leg. And above all, have fun.
Good luck! Are you plugging something in the appearance or just a guest?
[quote]
On 2012-02-23 19:42, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
Good luck! Are you plugging something in the appearance or just a guest?
[/quote]

I'm just a guest
Good job! To bad I'm in St Louis.
Either way break a thread
Should be great!
Hope all went well Benji - Please let us know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5cFyvFfJXY&feature=g-all-u&context=G228ca39FAAAAAAAAAAA

Turned out great! In Diego for a week and already on the news. The man knows how to network and get his name out there, no matter where he's at!
Great Job Benji. Well done.

Tom
Thanks...I just got on here to post it but it looks like Lunatik beat me to it
Good for you Benji! Congratulations.
Benji move on the second guess with the money very wise move!

Love all the old school effects as well.

No high tech stuff need and you still looked like a genius!

Now can we all leave Benji alone?!?

He doing a good job and making things happen!
Anchors completely floored, well done Benji. When did you move to San Diego? You are getting better and better working up steller reactions from the skeptics.

PS: For the ones thinking they know how its done, he is using a pen to write the predictions.
I haven't moved yet. I was out there for another event and decided to extend my stay for a week :)
Hey even better, traveling to San Diego to provide top notch corporate environment and end up on television that quick. Well done Maestro, well done indeed.

PS: I have to admit you fooled me on the prediction. I was thinking ** was used and it is not. That is pretty awesome.

Decomp
And on another note about Benji...his book that caused so much debate has gotten positive reviews in both MUM and MAGIC this month. Great job, Benji.
Thanks for posting that Aussie, looks even the naysayers on the Café have become believers now. A few months ago, this thread would have become bombarded with negative comments.

Flying Benji to San Diego for an event I would call Successful.

Decomp
[quote]
On 2012-02-25 15:37, Decomposed wrote:

PS: For the ones thinking they know how its done, he is using a pen to write the predictions.
[/quote]

You mean its not?!?

DUH

:)
Okay, to make it simple kevin:

Old school is a pencil. Most use pencils to perform this effect. I never have seen anyone perform this sort of prediction with a pen.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :kewl:
Let me ask a simple question. But let me preface it with congradulations Benji. Nice job. They people seemed to enjoy it and if it was watched by anyone not "in magic" I am certain it had the right effect. I despise the "we didn't set anything up" stuff as it shows inexperience, but aside from that again let me say nice job.

(My guess is that it was reheared as 99% of those things are because the guy was SUCH a bad actor for the first effect, but again nice job.)

But let me repeat, NICE JOB for those who want to slam me for questions later. Again it can be nit picked, as can anything, but all in all it worked for the intended crowd. Good choice to go with sure fire can't miss stuff by the way. THAT is smart! I mean that because the last thing you want so to be out there with it all hanging out and everyone knowing. Not a bad lesson to pass along about TV spots like this is to make certain you do that exact thing. DON'T MISS. I don't mean the ploy he used by missing by one, but rather don't fail with an effect. You would think it self explanitory but it is not.

lunatic as long as you want mindpro to reveal himself why not put up some video of you working?

Now for my question and I guess it is more rhetorical than anything. Are we all supposed to run in here and to You Tube and post video of every show and every TV/Radio spot we do?
Well done Benji!
[quote]
On 2012-02-26 18:39, Dannydoyle wrote:
Let me ask a simple question. But let me preface it with congradulations Benji. Nice job. They people seemed to enjoy it and if it was watched by anyone not "in magic" I am certain it had the right effect. I despise the "we didn't set anything up" stuff as it shows inexperience, but aside from that again let me say nice job.

(My guess is that it was reheared as 99% of those things are because the guy was SUCH a bad actor for the first effect, but again nice job.)

But let me repeat, NICE JOB for those who want to slam me for questions later. Again it can be nit picked, as can anything, but all in all it worked for the intended crowd. Good choice to go with sure fire can't miss stuff by the way. THAT is smart! I mean that because the last thing you want so to be out there with it all hanging out and everyone knowing. Not a bad lesson to pass along about TV spots like this is to make certain you do that exact thing. DON'T MISS. I don't mean the ploy he used by missing by one, but rather don't fail with an effect. You would think it self explanitory but it is not.

lunatic as long as you want mindpro to reveal himself why not put up some video of you working?

Now for my question and I guess it is more rhetorical than anything. Are we all supposed to run in here and to You Tube and post video of every show and every TV/Radio spot we do?
[/quote]

I was alluding to the same point with Kevin there Danny (albeit the pen used rather then what most would think of as a n**** w*****). I did not want to come right out and say it but it certainly clears up the issue. Glad you are in agreement and not nitpicking, I think it is a valid observation.

The anchor was doing his best there, you have to give him credit. I thought the female was pretty good though. And I have to admire Benji for working it well. I would have used and still do use P** S*** when I can. Last time on TV the anchors were adamant about not talking to me before the show.

Decomp
I saw the you tube clip and was just bored. Zoned out after the first effect. I think it is awesome that you were able to get on tv (in my hometown), but the performance fell flat. Maybe that is Benji's style, but I just found myself bored.

Josh
Danny nothing was set up and I didn't meet them before we went on live (that's why you saw no preshow)...those were genuine reactions.

We were supposed to stand up and walk in the back to show the producer something...then go into the control room and perform. That's why you see the guy anchor stand up and sit back down.

And Josh if you were bored then I'm glad you weren't the news anchor.
Defintely a difference in a magic tricks performance and hard hitting mentalism. Once you make the jump from mental magic to mentalism its easy to see things differently.
I saw David Copperfield a week ago in Vegas. He was terrible. Looked like he didn't want to be there at all. I got the same feeling from Benji's performance. I was just bored with his "David Blaine-like) performance. Only difference is Benji wears a suit.

Oh well, let the flamming begin hahaha
[quote]
On 2012-02-26 02:56, Decomposed wrote:
Okay, to make it simple kevin:

Old school is a pencil. Most use pencils to perform this effect. I never have seen anyone perform this sort of prediction with a pen.

Hope that clears up the confusion. :kewl:
[/quote]

I understand what happen I was just playing around with the "DUH"

I think this video was far stronger for you Benji. Considering the fact that this is a borrowed watch and she saw the actual time BEFORE the person even named the time I think this was much better buddy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9eAInrsN4o&list=UUYafecnJ_QJR_Hd6rMSkrlg&index=17&feature=plcp
I understand Kevin....I must have been half asleep:)

I agree the watch routine was about as good as it gets. The exact time the anchor thought of. Benji said he did not have time to do that one but that is incredible. You can see it on the female's face.

magicmaninsd

I saw D.C. when he came here. Barely heard one word hs said the entire performance. He insisted on using his on sound system and it stunk. I would have gladly paid to see Benji. that's the truth.
I saw Copperfield in Vegas and 750 people couldn't have been happier.
Glad you could hear him. You should talk to the people who run the Theatre here Danny. Not just any theatre either, greats of the past have performed there. The sound system there is top notch. The performer needs to use it however in order for it to work.
He has valid reasons for using his own.

I notice he gets a LOT more critical crap from the magic community than he does from the people who buy the tickets who are non magicians. Coincidence?
Danny, we could not hear him at all, the entire show. I called the next day and discovered the reason why. His sound system is for floor level only. It does not cover the box seats etc at the Majestic Theatre. I respect him as an artist but without sound, the show was ruined for those of us who could not hear it.

I have my own sound system but seldom use it. I put it in my contract the venue furnishes me the sound. I know artists who insist on using their own and respect that but it cannot apply to every venue.
Serriously? You are comparing yourself to him and his show and his needs?

As I said he has LOTS of valid reasons to use his own and you called and maybe just maybe got the right answer.
No I am not comparing myself Danny, I am voicing as a spectator.
[quote]
On 2012-02-29 01:42, Decomposed wrote:
I have my own sound system but seldom use it. I put it in my contract the venue furnishes me the sound. I know artists who insist on using their own and respect that but it cannot apply to every venue.
[/quote]

This is comparing sorry sir.

I have noticed magicians tend to be VERY critical of ol Copperfield. The man has been one of the best paid entertainers for decades, is (as is shown prior to his show.) a huge part of pop culture and practicalyl a "brand name" like Coke or Kleenex, and does hundreds of shows a year. Not going to hit them all out of the park.
"Magicians"? I "resemble" that remark.

I only use that term for laymen marketing Danny.

I realize D.C. is the best magician who ever lived, okay. I believe that term is very subjective however.

And yes, I think I can compare my knowledge of sound systems to D. C.'s knowledge. But it does not take that much knowledge to know when you perform at a venue to ensure you do sound checks unpstairs as well as downstairs.

I do not see where I compared myself to D. C. as a magician just as I did not compare myself to you as a hypnotist.

Decomposing and Not Hearing a Word from that World Renown Magician
I was just informed by a t.v. producer friend of mine in LA (who he's begging to get on TV) that Benji is now telling them and calling himself "the best mentalist in the world!" She saw a video he sent her and only laughed, and said what a joke, he can't be serious. Sadly, he was. When will this self-serving egotist stop?
Oh, so now we have 1 tv producer that doesn't like Benji? Haha well, I bet if they put him on the air, the general public will love him! And that's all that matters. Tell me who the tv producer is, I'd like to confirm your story and see where the benchmark has been set for mentalists performing on her show. Wait a sec! I bet you set the benchmark MP, and you don't want Benji stealing some of your thunder! Don't worry, he's going to be in your world soon enough, performing at some of the same venues, possibly even taking some :0
OH come on now. Lets not do this again. We all know you are the president of the fan club lunatic. How about that video of you doing magic I keep asking for?

What makes YOU qualified to say the general public will love him? Your extensive work installing cable systems for Comcast?

Lets stop ok?
Seeing and hearing their responses? Oh wait, you hate to admit that Benji is a good performer and does get great reactions and testimonies. Where's some of yours being a professional and all, you have some right? I'm thinking you'd be hard pressed to solicit many testimonies and will probably not ever show yourself performing as you and I know that you're not as good as you say you are and it would clearly show once we see you on video :)

Expect in the near future that Benji has taken some of gigs from devious and MP. They'll be in here sobbing saying how horrible he is etc, but they'll get over it. He'll be all over the news garnering tons of publicity while they come here to tell us their heartbreaking stories. *yawn

I predict MP and devious will be so scared of Benji coming to California that they'll try to throw him under the bus as much as they can to anyone that will listen to them. But that too will backfire and he will be a staple performer in California. MP, we're getting closer to finding out who you really are! Can't wait to see your performance style etc..
I've never seen two people who don't get it more than these two. They're good for each other's ego. No one here needs to prove anything to anyone and neither of these clowns are a worry or concern to anyone here or any real workers. You keep playing your game of getting your self-serving testimonials and contacting unsolicited tv show producers, perhaps you're bound to hit with someone eventually, but that still means nothing. As discussed before, when you are a professional being on tv or radio is a standard part of the gig. No big deal.

This is exactly why I refrained from discussing Benji's last clip how terrible it actually was. Lunatik, once you've accomplished even half of what I have, then we can talk. I (or anyone here) has nothing to prove to you or anyone.

You will also learn, it's not a competition. Once performers get to a pro level, we support each other as there is enough work for all. Hell, we even refer each other when the need arises.

You want to confirm my story go ahead, do you think I'm making it up? I shouldn't need me to tell you who the producer is (you supposedly should know), and I wouldn't anyhow.

By the way, you're a pretty big talker here for someone that isn't even doing the performing yourself. Benji's a big boy, a guru, I mean "the world's best", so he certainly doesn't need you speaking on his behalf. Worry about yourself. This has nothing to do with you.

Benji shouldn't need to put others down to try to build himself up. As far as I can tell on this board Benji is gaining nothing having you speaking on his behalf and babbling about things you know nothing about. I'd be embarrassed everytime you talk if I were Benji.

Benji, remember...Guru Lession #1 - you are only as good as those people you surround yourself with. Lunatik? Seriously?
By the way, just so you know, being on a tv show is not about whether the general public likes him, its about ratings and sponsors, which is ultimately about money - business. Your whole crusade of this being a popularity contest is where you are failing miserably. These are perceptions of amateurs and those not in the know. You're playing way out of your league currently.

It's about business, profits, benefits and returns. Again, Guru 101.
Business 101, you should know that by having a great show, great guests, that those things will get you sponsors and ratings. You're explaining the obvious. Like it's been said before, let's see who's doing what in 10 years. MP will still be in business, still successful, Danny will still be at the same resort, having not progressed, devious wandering around a couple of restaurants and fairs, Benji will be doing a majority of speaking gigs with some mentalist shows. Just my guess, maybe I'm wrong, but we shall see!
Mindpro serious? Danny liked Benji on the TV show clip and you did not. Fair enough. We all have opinions of course. I mean is it really true about the LA TV gig? All fun aside. The producer actually laughed? Was it because of the comment or the clip? I cannot see laughing at the clip so it had to be the comment about being the best if this is what Bengi said.

And does LA fly people out to be on the show or does the person pay their own expenses? I thought the majority of local TV shows you had to pay your own way.
I know Benji was looking at being on the Leno show eventually.

I want to tell how one "magician" got on TV here where I live but I will not on a public forum.

Respectively submitted,

Decomp
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 12:08, lunatik wrote:
Business 101, you should know that by having a great show, great guests, that those things will get you sponsors and ratings. You're explaining the obvious. Like it's been said before, let's see who's doing what in 10 years. MP will still be in business, still successful, Danny will still be at the same resort, having not progressed, devious wandering around a couple of restaurants and fairs, Benji will be doing a majority of speaking gigs with some mentalist shows. Just my guess, maybe I'm wrong, but we shall see!
[/quote]

Wow such a great teller of the future. In 10 years how much has Copperfield progressed? God you are pathetic. But since you have another wild hair in an uncomfortable spot let me help you with your craziness about not having a testimonial. Now you are talking about the fake ones he gets from crashing hotels I should imagine. So here let me put this up. God this pains me but oh well since you obviously have a short term memory problem I will do it again.

http://www.genewilliamscountry.com/full-press-releases.html#July 17

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150812-d286722-r8127660-Secrets_Capri_Riviera_Cancun-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150812-d286722-r12097957-Secrets_Capri_Riviera_Cancun-Playa_del_Carmen_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150807-d152887-r8424769-Dreams_Cancun_Resort_Spa-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g240327-d1550490-r54281701-Dreams_Riviera_Cancun_Resort_Spa-Puerto_Morelos_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I will not continue to bore people with this stuff as it is out there. Notice also how this is reviews of THE HOTELS and not of my show. This is a site where people go and mention my name after NOT BEING SOLICITED TO DO SO! This is jut people saying what they really liked at a hotel they spent about $600 per person per night to be at. (Yea I won't progress in 10 years LOL.)

See lunatic when you attack people who are successful it does not really work out well for you does it? I do not have go GUESS where I will be or proclaim where I am headed or any of that. I have an actual work product that you can look back at and say "oh wow I guess he is there". I don't have to crash anything, I don't have to fake testimonials, steal standing ovations or any of that stuff. To say I won't progress much in 10 years is somewhat akin to saying someone is "most improved". Well sure he will be that and maybe "progress" further in 10 years but that is simply because the child has so far to go.

So while you spend the next few minutes pulling your tootsies out of your yapper maybe write it down this time so you don't forget and look like a petulant child.

Like I asked earlier, (AFTER complimenting your hero by the way. Go look back, I COMPLIMENTED HIM and you go on to flame me and make yourself look like the north end of a south bound horse.) do I have to post every little thing that happens and every tv appearance and write up I get? It shows immaturity. I thought good reviews and such were just our job, not something to brag about.

And incidently being at the same resort company for 10 years is AN ACCOMPLISHMENT that few in this industry can pull off. Not something to be looked down upon by a cable installer.

So how about that video of your work? How about some Tripadvisor reviews of your work? I won't hold my breath. Ever get tired of being wrong and called on it and looking bad? I would think it would start to wear on you after a while.
If all Danny is doing 10 years from now is what he has routinely, recently & currently been doing then I have one thing to say:

Congratulations!!!

OK, two things to say: We have one mouth but two ears. If one is not happy with where they are now, then use one's ears and maybe over the next 10 years you will be where you want to be. Listening to Danny & Mindpro won't hurt your career.
Here I am outside of my venue, wandering around, standing guard,
hoping no one steals my gig. Come and get it.
[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FvIe2X1sTss/T1Kqmz9eMNI/AAAAAAAAAdc/E2QioiMBUmc/s760/Gas1.jpg[/img]
Yea alwasy gotta guard guard guard.
That street corner looks safe
Mindpro,

I respect what you heard from your producer friend but somehow I am wondering if there is a chance there is miscommunication somewhere. Benji goes all the way to San Diego, gets a huge gig and gets asked to be on TV there.

Suddenly a L.A. TV producer gets a video of Benji and ends up laughing at him? Just curious if somehow there is more to this.

Respectively submitted,

Decomposed
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 20:16, lunatik wrote:
That street corner looks safe
[/quote]

First, that sounds like a slam to Devious. Saying that corner is safe from Benji taking it as it doesn't seem like much.

Second, that is the Keating Hotel. A far more exclusive hotel than Benji peformed at in Colorado Springs. Rooms start at $275/night and go up to $850/night. AGAIN, far more exclusive than your hero's hotel.

Defend your guy all you want. But shy away from just outright slamming people here, especially Devious.
Brittany, a satisfied participant.
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6hWLtIpnZPE/T1PJbE4nYxI/AAAAAAAAAdo/oj66vKTDlzM/s760/Brittany1.jpg[/img]

Ivanna and Dayanara love magic and The Keating.
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aaqI8g6l0c0/TyPdmGEdpgI/AAAAAAAAAZE/lnK1SaCryVc/s760/Dayanara1.jpg[/img]
Benji has performed at The Broadmoor Hotel, definitely more expensive/high class than most out there, I believe it's a 5 star hotel.
I have done hundreds of shows at 5 star hotels and have reviews from them. So what?

Oh and I didn't crash them either.

What about that performance video of you lunatic?

I guess only the hotels your hero your hero guru work for are of any value huh?

Tough when all you do is slam and attack people isn't it?

I have to say this is one thing about ol Benji I actually like. I am going to assume the better of him here and think he is not directing you to say these outrageous things. I am going to believe for whatever reason that he is staying out of the fray and not attacking people. Good for him. I actually respect that as I have no evidence that the contrary is true.

He may have a lot of growing up to do, but at least he is not flaming people who are already successful. Good for him.
[quote]
On 2012-02-24 22:22, Devious wrote:
Good for you Benji! Congratulations.
[/quote]
@Benji, You could use a better publicist.

@Kevin,
Thanks Brother. Good to see you again man.
Please give my best to your lovely wife sir.
Be safe on the road, You both Rock! :applause:

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CXs8jqHXrvA/TtwUx2wuoGI/AAAAAAAAAN8/tbjOa5dNJFY/s350/Asia2.jpg[/img][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FxEYy6xGli8/T1QlTuMB-AI/AAAAAAAAAeM/Ece5xl-pyc8/s350/Brittany4.jpg[/img]
Lets all take a step back and take a deep breath. Animosity will get us nowhere. We all have different opinions and hearing voices from coast to coast.
A wise man changes his mind as his priorities fluctuate, a fool never does.
Here's to your continued success gang!
[quote]
On 2012-03-04 23:55, Decomposed wrote:
Lets all take a step back and take a deep breath. Animosity will get us nowhere. We all have different opinions and hearing voices from coast to coast.
[/quote]

Where is the anmimosity comming from exactly? lunatic is the one who is bashing everyone here isn't he? Maybe talk to him about it as he is the one always attacking people who disagree with your hero.
You have to agree Danny that a couple of you like to bash on Benji. Just like you guys stick up for each other, would you expect less from his friends? Im glad he has a lot more supporters than naysayers, 10-1 ratio probably
[quote]
On 2012-03-04 01:19, Decomposed wrote:
Mindpro,

I respect what you heard from your producer friend but somehow I am wondering if there is a chance there is miscommunication somewhere. Benji goes all the way to San Diego, gets a huge gig and gets asked to be on TV there.

Suddenly a L.A. TV producer gets a video of Benji and ends up laughing at him? Just curious if somehow there is more to this.

Respectively submitted,

Decomposed
[/quote]

No there's nothing more to this, it is what it is. The producer was calling me to offer condolences for a quite famous friend of mine for three decades that passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last week. Knowing we were good friends, and having worked with us on tours and tv for years, she contacted me about this to express her feelings on the loss and to see if I was doing okay with all of it. During our conversation, she told me about Benji, and calling himself "the world's greatest mentalist" which she said was a joke, who contacted them and she thought of me right away saying I would get a kick out of this "kid" thinking he was hot stuff, when seemingly not having a clue. Then asked if I knew who he was and if I wanted a good laugh. I'm sugarcoating this as I'll keep exactly what was said off the board and to myself. My point is she definitely wasn't joking, no miscommunication anywhere, and was quite strong in her and the AP's opinions about it.

Benji gets a "huge gig" and gets invited to be on tv? Your perception seems quite distorted, or you seem quite gullible pertaining this. Benji got a booking in San Diego, that's nice, that's it, not a big deal. It's something anyone can do. As said before being on tv is not a big deal either and the clip of Benji's appearance wasn't that great (apparently I wasn't the only one who thought that), so let's not get carried away here. Benji may be fine for local tv but it seems he's once again rushing into an area or territory before he's ready, and making self-claims (world's greatest) and was just being called out on it. Regardless of how infatuated you and others are with our boy, he's not the world's greatest, neither am I. The difference is I would never even think of self-proclaiming this or misrepresenting myself, especially in California and to the industry.

Respectfully replied.
1 tv producer doesn't like him, but many others do. I guarantee you that if he's wanting to get on the news in LA, he'll do it, with or without that one station and it's higher ratings for them. So many compliments were given by respected professionals about the same clip on Penny for your Thoughts, out of a couple of pages maybe just 1 person didn't prefer it? What I'm saying is that the majority of people like what he does, not everybody, but the majority. If being on TV is something anyone can do at any time, then why don't more do it? It's great publicity and can possibly help ones career!
Spoken like a cablle installer who has been banned from Penguin.

Lunatic, I don't bash Benji. I COMPLIMENTED HIM ON THE PERFORMANCE but you don't care because all you want to do is attact attack attack. Like a petulant child who doesn't get what he wants and has a hissy fit.

10 to one ratio on a magic board, but can't get on the Tonight Show with a thousand dollar bribe.

Look I know he is your hero. I know you are going to attack anyone who disagrees with him. Whatever. But try to live in reality if it is not too much trouble for you. He is a kid, and has gotten really no further than any other kid his age. He is just blathering all over the internet about every little baby step he takes and thinks it is ground breaking.

You attack those who disagree and that is not always the best way to support those you like. I have not bashed Benji but rather his tactics, and his constant blather about very minor accomplishments.

As for it being good for your career, many many many have been on TV and radio and it simply doesn't help. It comes down to your show and what you offer. Maybe this is why you have to tear others down to make your hero seem better.
I'm not saying that being on TV is the best thing or only thing one can do help propel ones career. I'm not banned from Penguin, in fact I just posted on their forum, nice try though. When you say all I'm doing is attacking, take a step back and see that you keep saying that I'm a cable installer which I'm not. You say I'm banned on other forums and I'm not. At any rate, I'm not going to argue with you anymore, totally pointless and unproductive, especially for you as a professional. If your employer and clients read your posts, I'm sure they'd be disappointed especially in your role as an entertainer in this day and age where everything is transparent to their clients.
Yea right LOL. The high road. You will be back attacking again in 20 minutes. You are hilarious.

And since you mention how clients can see all these posts, what about yours? Oh wait you use a different name to blather with. No wonder huh? Must not be too proud of what you have to say.

Oh and lets talk about how smart it is to say things about crashing hotels, fake standing ovations, and such with your own name shall we? Why is it smart for your hero to do THAT and it bad for me to point it out because my clients may see the post? Oh I am sure you have a good attack answer for that one don't you?

But I agree, talking to you is quite unproductive. You have nothing to offer but a cable supervisors (Sorry not installer.) point of view and attack anyone who disagrees with your hero.
Nothing wrong with having an opinion. Like the old saying goes, "Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean"
Yea you never say it mean do you?

Thought you were done?
Also I would still like to know if we are supposed to run here and post every little baby step accomplishment like being on a local news program. I mean why does this happen here?

Let me say it again for those with short term memory problems. Congradulations and I thought it went well. It showed pretty well for those it was targeted at which is a lay audience. Nice job doing that, and again picking the no fail effects has a good lesson in it.

But I would still like an answer to a simple question above.
Great question. I guess I consider getting on TV an in-between/big step. Getting a consistent gig is a big step IMO but I'm not sure what id consider as a small step, maybe getting biz cards and website? Thoughts?
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 14:22, Dannydoyle wrote:
Also I would still like to know if we are supposed to run here and post every little baby step accomplishment like being on a local news program. I mean why does this happen here?...[/quote]

Haha, the question is off topic in this thread. But at least gives up some insight into why these pages are drowning in green.

Meanwhile, Benji probably made a much better impression on the show than any of his detractors would or could have.
Getting on a local news broadcast is a baby step, good practice, and doing many dozens of local appearances can provide experience that would be helpful if you ever get a big national opportunity. I'm told on good authority, that the only local appearances that are a big step in the USA, are only in NYC or LA, where the numbers of viewers are in the millions and the potential for an entertainment big shot to get interested in you are improved. Aside from experience, I think the only payoff to doing local TV is to promote ticket sales to a gig in that particular neigborhood.
[img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhm5zinKa1ql85u5.gif[/img]
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 16:49, markmiller wrote:
Getting on a local news broadcast is a baby step, good practice, and doing many dozens of local appearances can provide experience that would be helpful if you ever get a big national opportunity. I'm told on good authority, that the only local appearances that are a big step in the USA, are only in NYC or LA, where the numbers of viewers are in the millions and the potential for an entertainment big shot to get interested in you are improved. Aside from experience, I think the only payoff to doing local TV is to promote ticket sales to a gig in that particular neigborhood.
[/quote]

I guess this depends on what ones goals are. If theyre starting off new with the goal of being the most successful entertainer in let's say Chicago, getting on TV in LA might not help, but appearing locally could assist in reaching their goal. If one wants to be one of the top national performers, then definitely NYC and LA would be a good idea. So for both performers, both TV spots are big steps in accordance to what they're trying to accomplish. Good thoughts
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 16:44, lane99 wrote:
[quote]
On 2012-03-05 14:22, Dannydoyle wrote:
Also I would still like to know if we are supposed to run here and post every little baby step accomplishment like being on a local news program. I mean why does this happen here?...[/quote]

Haha, the question is off topic in this thread. But at least gives up some insight into why these pages are drowning in green.

Meanwhile, Benji probably made a much better impression on the show than any of his detractors would or could have.
[/quote]

Right "probably" just based on the fact that you are angry at people who want answers to simple questions? Am I a detractor? I COMPLIMENTED HIM. God are people TRYING to be obtuse?
That's exactly my point as well. No on here is bashing Benji, just offering our insight, critique and opinion. I offered some facts that I heard and immediately get questioned about it and crap for it. Why would I make it up? I deal only personally in fact and experience. I wouldn't talk about something I don't personally know about and have experience in, as many other seem to regularly do. I guess if we don't agree with Lunatik or Benji's opinions and perceptions we are somehow wrong and our opinions unwelcome and deemed bashing. This is exactly why I didn't post my thoughts on Benji's San Diego appearance. It would have been misconstrued as bashing, or get "if you could do better that why don't you" (I have, and again that's not the point) responses, rather than being accepted as someone who's been there offering constructive criticism for his future use and improvement. I too congratulated Benji in the first or second post in this thread, but that would have been quickly overlooked. It all seems to come down to if you don;t agree with these two you are somehow wrong. Then the whole whack thinking that "he did much better than any of his detractors would or could have" is the exact pointless type of response that doesn't have any merit other than to show ignorance and lack of respect for what other here can do and have done.
Its not that I don't believe, it's just anyone saying "I am the world's greatest mentalist" sounds so passe. I see only someone saying that if they were doing standup or as a joke MP.

I find this all discouraging to say the least.

Decomp

PS: Did or did not Will Smith attend Benji's show?
Of course not or Benji would be posting it all over the Internet wouldn't you think? Why would he, just because Benji invited him?
[quote]
On 2012-03-06 08:04, Mindpro wrote:
Of course not or Benji would be posting it all over the Internet wouldn't you think? Why would he, just because Benji invited him?
[/quote]

Alright, just checking. Sure you or Danny would know.
I don't know if it happened or not. Benji only makes grand pronouncements of what WILL happen and is in general quite quiet about what actually does happen.

I too assume that if he was at the show there would be pictures because ol Benji can't resist that sort of thing. Imagine how much would be written if he was in the show? But I have no proof or idea either way.

But lets say he WAS at the show. Lets say he even liked it. So what? Why does that change anything? I just don't get the star gazing thing.
Would have been a quick rise to national shows I would imagine.

I hope his public speaking release will be soon.
Why would it be quick rise to anything?

Here is what you don't get about this process. It is about your body of work over a number of years. It is not about one star seeing you and somehow that being a springboard to anything.

You are woefully uninformed as to how this stuff works.
Just want to see if what he has learned from public speaking Danny. All have to start somewheres.
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6OdeJ5lFV84/Tzp3DFb__hI/AAAAAAAAAyE/Fz2NlpTLMtQ/s1600/dis-gon-b-gud.gif[/img]