(Close Window)
Topic: Paracord Escape
I know the basic principle of the bigger the rope the better, but I was wondering if anyone had some advice or literature or videos on how to escape from paracord? If so that would be great. Thanks!

P.S. If you don't know what paracord is, it's the nylon cord that the military uses for everything. It was originally the cord used on parachutes, and still is I believe.
You would be better-off using the cord for tricks like a Keller tie or a thumb tie because of how tight the knots can be pulled.

But the real question is: you're bringing-up a type of cord on a forum with many professional EAs... What makes you think we don't know what it is? Anyone here worth their salt (except maybe Dave) knows what this stuff is.

Then again he did say that he ties-up the really bad students ... So maybe he does.
Jay, thanks for the direction on when this type of rope would be appropriate. As for me explaining the cord, I don't mean to disrespect anyone. I just know a lot of people who don't know what I'm talking about or call it 555 cord or 550 cord or survival cord, etc., etc., So I was just clarifying what I was talking about specifically to make sure we didn't get caught up in a thread discussing what it is instead of how to use it.

P.S. Many of those who don't know what I'm talking about usually were familiar with the rope, just not the term paracord.
[quote]
On 2012-03-03 03:20, Nigromante wrote:
It was originally the cord used on parachutes.
[/quote]

what is a parachute and why is the cord called para cord? are not misspelling it? Should it be parrot cord??????? I'm in a spenng C next week (its one better than what you yanks do).
Dave, it has to do with related isomers.
I think Dave is just trying to throw us off the trail while he quickly unties the students.
Related isomers? so now a length of cord can be right handed or left handed? What happens when a left handed magician uses a right handed cord? is it like the problmes of mixed blood typing?
Paracord might get you in trouble. It's fairly elastic as far as cord goes, something like a 30%-40% elongation I think. Someone strong will be able to pull that down very tight and it will then bite into it's self.
I don't know, I might be over thinking it...anyone every mess with it? I have some around somewhere but, I've not tried escaping from it.
FYI, you wouldn't want to be tied up with the REAL stuff that's used these days. It's called micro-line. It is very strong but incredibly thin (I'd say about 1/16"). You'd have some serious biting-in going on. Imagine being restrained with unbreakable yarn, and you'd be close. Then again, maybe that's info that a creative EA can use...
That micro-line sounds horrible. I have some paracord and I'm going to play around with it. I know how to make handcuffs with them, and I'm going to see what I can do with those specifically. I'll let everyone know how it goes.